The Best of The Animal Kingdom

After my first trip to AK in August of 2004 I thought I would never go again. The lines were long, the attractions were few, and the heat was unbearable. I literally thought I was going to die in the line for Tough to Be a Bug.

Then we went in December of 2007 and I fell in love with the place. With lower crowds, more to do (Nemo, Everest), and beautiful weather, it was a whole different story. We stayed all day and marveled at how beautiful and unique it was, and we rode and saw everything. We even witnessed a huge tiger getting a root canal at the vet center. Amazing!

We have gone back each subsequent time we've been in WDW... I still think the place can get brutal in the summer heat, and that definitely takes away from the fun...but I'm so glad we gave it another chance!

DSCN8704d.jpg

DSCN8704a.jpg

This is the original photo. Like I said right place right time. I was in the first seat of the coaster and just happen to have the camera out to take pics from the front and this was one.

I've always said the Animal Kingdom is best enjoyed with an amazing camera! Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

I think from you're photos it's clear that you really took the time to "see" what is the best of AK. While there are lots of great attractions, you really enjoy AK so much more when you pay attention to the details. I LOVE your pictures, glad you enjoyed your day there. Thanks for sharing!

Tammy

It is such a gorgeous park to take pictures in but I agree, the height of summer can be brutal! EMH in the AM are KEY for kid enjoyment!

Animal Kingdom is an amazing park that is really under-rated (a topic I plan to write about soon). Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here.

I completely agree. I've said this for a long time. I think too many people expect another Magic Kingdom. They need to look at it for what it is. An AMAZING display of imagineering talent. The park itself is themed, at least IMHO, better than any park out there. You truly feel as though you are no longer in Florida. The attention to detail is simply astounding.

I could spend days just taking in the scenery, and of course, enjoying the attractions, food, shows and well, everything. Our family is probably in the minority, but it is our favorite park, followed by MK, then Epcot and then MGM.

I'm glad to see Animal Kingdom getting some love. DH and I think that it is probably the best themed park at WDW. There are so many amazing details to see.

I completely agree. I've said this for a long time. I think too many people expect another Magic Kingdom. They need to look at it for what it is. An AMAZING display of imagineering talent. The park itself is themed, at least IMHO, better than any park out there. You truly feel as though you are no longer in Florida. The attention to detail is simply astounding.

I could spend days just taking in the scenery, and of course, enjoying the attractions, food, shows and well, everything. Our family is probably in the minority, but it is our favorite park, followed by MK, then Epcot and then MGM.

I agree, Dh and I love AK. It is my favorite park, followed by Epcot then Hollywood Studio's, then Magic Kingdom.

Tha last time we were at AK we were in the vet center in Rafiki's Planet Watch and the vets were giving a huge tiger a root canal. It was SO cool. You just never know what surprises can happen at AK :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter