The Best Darn Trip Report with a Unhappy Ending....

bom_noite

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006:
Well, we just got back yesterday from a OKW GV - HAD A FANTASTIC TIME. The leaving was un-happy, read-on. Until then, please understand I see WDW in another way then most folks......

:confused3: In the HOP I noticed President Ford may have a Mickey Tattoo on his left ankle.

:dance3: Mr. Grumpy (The OKW Security Guard - http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1848865) was MIA. He was replaced by "Marty the Marine" who gave us a nice salute and a Hearty Ho "Welcome Home" when we drove through. I stopped and saluted back which garnered a more formal salute from Marty. To which I responded with a formal 4th of July head bending salute and mistakenly hit the gas pedal and away we went!.

popcorn:: Got Pizza from Flippers on Wed night. Ordered 4 and it took 20 minutes longer then promised (ok - no issues - I was having a few beers....). They finally brought them out and said: You got a 5th pizza free - one of the pizza's had a hole in it! A hole? We opened all 5 pizza's to find the gaping abyss! Found nothing out of order!

I finally told everyone that while nobody was allowed to openly search it out or create their own hole (a $10 penalty) - $5 for the person who found it and could provide ample evidence! My DD snagged the fiver!

:banana: My son and I wondered aloud if any WDW Bus Driver ever went "Rogue" and decided to drive to Universal instead of the MK? And, if he did this would other Buses pursue in an attempt to shoot his tires out?

:santa: I love the Wash Cloth Art left by Mousekeeping. I made my own creation: A Worm Squished by a car and will be selling that on EBAY.

:eek: Billy the Bullfrog was having a great time outside our room (5123) - I have never gone Frog Gigging - was close to learning the art.

:woohoo: On the Monorail I recorded: "Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas." When played backwords it says (in spanish): "Dad is the Walrus".

:mad: I counted only 998 Happy Haunts - found out later one went to Oklahoma City for the NBA Finals.

:idea: 4963 people were in the Disney Store at DTD. But, only one CM was on one of the 97 Cash Registers.

:rotfl::rotfl: The sound of a golf ball landing in a bunker makes a very distinct "Poof Sound".

;) We stopped at the Ocala rest-stop and found a Blue Powerade in the machine 1/2 way dangling out. As a group we spend $16 buying Powerade's at a higher level in an attempt to un-lodge the dangled Powerade.

It was like a Vegas Slot Machine that just would not pay off. Each attempt was met with ohhh's and awww's - we finally gave up and had 5 strangers behind us waiting to take a try.

True story - I kid you not!

:cheer2: Yeehaw Bob was ROCKING on Thursday night!

:cloud9: Six Pack of ABC Rootbeer $4.69 + 1 Gallon of Vanilla Ice Cream $5.75 = Heaven on Earth! My secret recipe: Put lots of dirty laundry on a comfy chair. Take one Glass, and slam a bunch of ice cream in to said glass. Stop - make sure nobody is oogling the comfy chair. Pour Root Beer into remaining space of glass. As it makes it way down the glass - take a quick assessment of anyone who may want to steal the comfy chair - act accordingly. Return to Comfy Chair (remove dirty clothes, or, if need be, growl to extract would be interloper in the chair). Enjoy.

:coffee: They changed the Coffee cups at OKW. Ashamed to admit I have a 4 of the old bluey/greeney ones (as I need a coffee to start the drive home). I owe each OKW member .0001 in dues. PM me - I will send you a check!

:goodvibes: Maybe I am crazy, but, I think the boat from TTC to MK would make for a fantastic new DVC resort!

:cool2: I am certain Roz at the Laugh Factory winked at me!

:lmao: I flashed my wallet to a Tree of Life CM - told him I was with the Federal Agriculture Department and demanded to see a recent Termite inspection.

::yay: Am cutting this somewhat short so I can go to Home Depot to get the supplies I need to build Tower of Terror in my back yard. Will be busy for a while.

:grouphug: My daughter and her two girlfriends pulled their hair over their face - and put sunglasses on prior to the start of Space Mtn. The results were hilarious as they looked like ZZ Top! That got them a free Magical Moment Pic! Pic at end of Message.

Well, for us it was another 5 magical days. We again took some of our kids friends who had not been there or had never done WDW via a DVC. The results were fantastic - this is the real reason we bought in to DVC, to share a great experience with others!

But, it was also sad - for good reasons. My son graduated from College on 4-May. He has taken the Law Exams and did really, really well. He also applied for the WDW College Program and was accepted. He started 4-June and will be there through Jan 4 2013. Then, it is off to Law School somewhere.

To say I am proud of my son would be a huge understatement. He is a fantastic young man -as is his sister (albeit she is a young lady - and expects a $50K WDW Wedding - ain't happening!). But, all this is a testament to DVC and the magic of WDW! Simply put: "He is in a better place!". Regardless - we will miss him more then you can ever imagine! This is his magical time. A magical time we helped foster - but - his magical time and not ours.

For those DVC'ers with college age kids: I would highly recommend the program - he is having the TIME OF HIS LIFE! His 1st week he went to every park. Was a difficult trip for him: He was working each day, trying to see us and also trying to keep commitments with his new friends and roommates.

Leaving him at WDW when we left was very sad - but - what an experience he will have! Look for Michael from Georgia College and State University in Epcot North (either in strollers, a few stores or selling Glow Stuff) and say hey for me!

Thanks all!

538106_4073659596989_1226613279_n.jpg

That was one of the best TRs I have ever read. Congratulations to you and your family and thanks for a very enjoyable read! :goodvibes

I too enjoyed your TR.

Congratulations to your DS having completed college and passing the LSAT and starting the WDW College Program. He's definitely on the road to success.

I love the one about the root beer float. It reminds me of my dad and how his chair was sacrosanct.

And the pic of your DD and friends with hair across their faces. It reminded me of It from the Adams Family.

You made me laugh :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Then you made me cry :sad1: :hug:

What a great trip report... sounds like a great fun family :grouphug:

How much fun for your son!! I know it has to be hard to leave him, but what an amazing place to leave him at---and visit him!

Congratulations to your son! Thanks for the entertaining report, glad you had a great time:thumbsup2

I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks at your Powerade episode...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Great trip report.

Thanks all for your comments. A quick update:

:dance3: The son is still having the time of his life. Two of his wingmen are coming down and staying at the Campgrounds next week + plus he has a few days off = Male Bonding + A chance to be Big Man on Campus + a slice of Home.

:confused3I strongly thought of starting a formal contest: First DVC Member to spot my son at Epcot! But, my son, Disboards and Mickey may not be happy with it!

Sure Disboards and the Mick would be ok with it. Mingling and talking is a very big part of his role.

But, we are dealing with a 22 yr old! Just if you see Michael at Epcot - say hey and tell him to pass it on to his old-man! Maybe he will - maybe he won't!

:banana: Tower of Terror, my new backyard ride is coming along ok. At this point there is only one sequence: Straight UP - Straight Down. More engineering ahead of me!

:rolleyes1 If you have read past Trip Reports you will know ToT will join a large number of rides / attractions I already have:

• 20K Leagues (Backyard)
  • Soarin (Basement)
  • Tiki Room (Spare Bedroom - I control it via a remote or on a scheduler! Keeps away would be visitors!)
  • Test Track (Believe it or not - they still require Insurance on the '75 Gremlin that I use. You will not be surprised it breaks down quite a bit).

Defunct Projects:
  • Safari (Backyard - have no clue where the Lions and Giraffe's wandered off too! Am contemplating a modification just using Pandas - who never seem to wander too far off).
  • Jammin Jungle Parade (On Tuesdays only now as the local kids who form the parade created a Union)
  • Wedway People Mover (We all just got bored of it!).
  • Who wants to be a Millionaire (My version was: "Who wants to Score a Quick Buck?" Victim of Budget Cuts and my wife's most recent project: Restoring a functioning Dining Room).
  • Tinkerbell's Great Ride (Ended after my DD's 2nd broken leg - would have continued but by my wife is a Wimp and I can't fit in the costume! Are you a seamstress? - please contact me!).
  • 7 Drink Re-fill stations around the house! (ohhhh - that got expensive real quick! I thought $10 a person / per week might cover my expenses. It worked until my son substituted Mr. Pib with Bud Lite - and posted it on Facebook!).

:coffee: Next year? I had thought about taking the '98 Saab Convertible and '96 Isuzu Rodeo and creating the east coast version of Cars.
But, am getting older - turned 5-0 this year! Next year I will probably just recreate Tom Sawyers Island and am done with it! Call me lazy!

Hey, this TR was therapeutic! I don't lurk around the Boards as much as I used too. if you have read my other posts I am either extremely lite heart-ted or extremely blunt - there is no middle ground with me!

Just this post allowed me to start getting on here and finding out about Jim Lewis (had no idea), GF Resort (no clue!), other stuff. I am a fan of the Dis-Boards and need to lurk more often. If big news comes up - kick me with a PM please!

Hoping a Welcome Home is in your near Future!

Loved your trip report!! We have a 6 year old and I hope we will be able to look back at her year's of growing up with the same magical DVC memories you have with your children...

Wonderful TR!

I have a good friend who's an intern at WDW after serving two stints in their college program - she loved it, too and has made friends that will last a lifetime. Such a good experience for him, albeit sad for you.

Perhaps, if you don't have to pay back too many folks for those OKW coffee cups, you could make a down payment on your daughter's wedding.

Love your sense of humor. Brightened my day here at work while DH is relaxing at the NH trailer.

:eek:
Wonderful TR!

Perhaps, if you don't have to pay back too many folks for those OKW coffee cups, you could make a down payment on your daughter's wedding.

Daughter (19) has a fairly serious boyfriend. I call him "Ole Number 14". Actually should call him "Ole Number 3!" - as there were 11 I didn't really care much for.

Am thinking seriously of saying: "Kids, get married while you can enjoy your kids, savor your Grand Children and we get a Healthy CM Discount from your brother!"

Love your sense of humor. Brightened my day here at work while DH is relaxing at the NH trailer.

OMG: DH must be bored stiff up there by himself in NH! Do you think he might take the week and make some Doilies for the wedding? I will supply the "Doil". Running to Hobby Lobby now!

:eek:104 in Suburban Atlanta yesterday, 103 the day before - and the day before that: I regret to tell you all that on Friday the 29th, Freddy the Lovable Furnace died of old age. Despite being a Builder Installed 3-Ton Trane model, Freddy was always a good friend and had this special gift of knowing when to pump out hot or cold air - he was like a Thermos in that sense.

Freddy passed at age 18. Like 104 in Human years and 8 years past his expectancy and 13 years past his warranty. He constantly rewarded us when I (bear with me - grabbing a Big Orange Drink!) fed him a new filter.

It came to our attention that Freddy was sick on Friday night. I quickly called a good friend who owns his own HVAC company. Freddy succumbed to old age at 9:47 PM. Luckily my wife and I were able to spend some special moments in the last remaining minutes. Me pleading with Freddie to hold on, my wife hugging a floor vent in the Living Room.

My HVAC buddy was here to administer the last rights - pulling his life support in the end. Whooooosh, yeahhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhh, wow! Uhhhhh, yeah, tearing up now. Very sorry, just difficult even now to talk about!

The autopsy proved it was a blown Blower. I think of it like a Spleen or something to that effect. Nobody knows really what your Spleen does, but, we were told the Spleenish thing could have been replaced - but - it was a quality of life issue - that and we live in a country with no Furnace Welfare System.

Freddy will be buried Tuesday, and, my HVAC guy will take the Holiday to install Freddy 4! Obviously he is Freddy Jr. - but - was too difficult to pass on the entire 4th of July thing when naming him. He is from Amana Iowa , and, we hear comes from a good family line.

The cost?: A week at a moderate for 6 plus DDP and MYW. With ample shopping, Speedy Boats and nightly Hoop De Doo Reviews (with generous gratuity!). Luckily I have some spare Blue Poweraides in the downstairs fridge!

Well, this 4th of July should be cool (in many ways). I plan to have my would-be son-in-law over and explain to him: Watch what this dude does - you can charge 3 times what he is charging me when the Mickey Thermometer reaches 104 or 0! 6 Times if you work a holiday! And, that money might be reserved for a decent wedding!

It is all true, but, hope somebody reads it - the TR Board is lacking visitors - it is my best stuff in 10 years! Maybe I should post it on the Planning Board (I do "Plan" to adopt "Freddy los Quatro")?

Send me cheap Wedding thoughts! Take care folks - and a Happy Freddy day on 4-July!

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! Thanks. We are holding on to our own Harry the Heat pump here in VA. He got a nice break over the weekend when the great winds blew upon us and the power was out for 2 days giving him a rest. He had to have a new (flux)capacitor 2 weeks ago or we would not be able to go back to the future.

Thanks for the laughs!

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! Thanks. We are holding on to our own Harry the Heat pump here in VA. He got a nice break over the weekend when the great winds blew upon us and the power was out for 2 days giving him a rest. He had to have a new (flux)capacitor 2 weeks ago or we would not be able to go back to the future.

Thanks for the laughs!

I can only begin to imagine what Harry was thinking those 2 long days: Where is the Juice - I need some Love?

Toasters and Microwaves are not so finicky as Large Appliances. Regardless, I remember the week we did have a Coffee Maker and a Juicer die on 2 consecutive days. The Can-Opener had a nervous smile and the Waffle-Maker just wen't missing.

"And, we were singing, bye, bye, miss DVC Pie,
Put my Pot Roast in the Crock-Pot, but it ended up dry.
Dinner was a Chicken Patty and an oven baked fry.
Singing this will be the day that I cry!, this will be the day that I cry!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter