The Bananas Take On WDW, lots of pics, leaving for F&W today

Car issue resolved!!! Battery cracked. I got the best boss ever because he took care of it for me. :woohoo:

We will be leaving soon.... I hope. Someone (dbf....:rolleyes:) partook in Halloween festivities last night, and is still sleeping it off. At least we got 2 days to eat our way through F&W. :banana::banana::banana:

Just did online checkin......!!

I had better add my F&W report before making my "Christmas Commando" PTR.... :rotfl:

Got back Tuesday night late. Will give more info & post pics later.

I met up with 2 DISers, really nice folks!

So I haven't kept up at all on my TR. Sorry everyone.

It has been a crazy month with Christmas and life in general. Dbf got laid off from his main full-time job. Luckily he still has his bar manager/bartender job so he isn't totally screwed but it put a damper on our Disney plans.:sad1:

Disney was very accomodating so we could still go for our anniversary at least for 1 night. We could either go for 2 nights and downgrade to POR or stay for 1 night at WL, and use whatever the refund would have been as a room credit for our dining.

Unfortunately..... I paid for everything using Disney gift cards.... so I couldn't get a refund on my credit card. If I got a refund I could only get it put back on the Disney gc's. So it works out that we at least get to go for one night, where we REALLY wanted to stay and we do not have to shell out anymore money for food. Plus I was able to downgrade our room category to save and extra $15.... that is another cocktail or yum-yum dessert :)

I checked in today for our 1 night anniversary trip next Friday night, and saw my favorite section of the disclaimer:
Neither I nor any member of my party occupying any resort accommodation have/has any intention of making, and will never make, this resort accommodation a legal domicile or principal dwelling. My/our legal domicile is and shall forever be outside the Walt Disney World Resort.

I wish I didn't have to agree to this.... I would love to live at Disney and make it my legal domicile and principal dwelling..... Oh well :rolleyes1

We still have an ADR for Artist Point and still get to go to EPCOT for Illuminations, a scotch flight at Rose & Crown, and evening EMH. We may even get to see a glimpse of Wishes after dinner. We don't really care about riding the rides at EPCOT, we just love being there late when WS isn't crowded. It gives us that "lovin' feeling"... :love: This is all kind of bittersweet though because I had a couple things planned, like a carriage ride at Fort Wilderness and a boat rental for dbf.

I am trying to keep it in perspective. We are still going to be at WDW, we still get to spend time together for our anniversary. What a unique problem to have..... We "have" to go to WDW, either we use the money we have "invested" in the room or waste it because we do not go.....

This is one reason I am glad we only do room-only reservations because we can make changes as needed. We are not stuck at the 45 day mark.

And I have the 3 day/2 night trip I am taking with my kids in early February to look forward to as well. The room is already paid for, so all I have to worry about is food and gas to get there. Luckily they do not eat much. ;)

So sorry to hear about your dbf getting laid off. I hope everything works out. Is he looking for a new job or is it a temporary lay off? I'm sure it's got to be very stressful.

Did you see new passholder specials came out yesterday? Save up to 40%.

So sorry to hear about your dbf getting laid off. I hope everything works out. Is he looking for a new job or is it a temporary lay off? I'm sure it's got to be very stressful.

Did you see new passholder specials came out yesterday? Save up to 40%.

Hopefully, it is only for up to 6 weeks. The company he works for got screwed over by their shipping guy. He was misshipping items, and not even shipping some invoices. They work for an Ebay retailer, so buyers complained to Ebay and the store got shut down. They have lots of inventory to sell so they are going to reopen the store under a new name with a new shipping guy (my dbf). Keeping fingers crossed and praying.

I will check into the new specials. When I booked our room, I booked under the passholder rate. I will check to see if I can get a better deal now. Thanks for the info!

:banana:3 DAYS:banana:

We talked about a boat rental (the 2 seater) and we decided to wait until our trip in September to do this. Money is just too tight right now.

I took dbf to Macy's today and picked him up his outfit for Friday night. He is gonna look really snazzy. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter