The Bananas Take On WDW, lots of pics, leaving for F&W today

Wow! Talk about researching the resorts! Isn't it wonderful to be able to check them out in person?

I hope you are feeling better today. Sounds like you covered alot of territory.

Did you get any pics of the 40th birthday celebration? I had friends that went over to mk very early, but they missed everything. They were in those crazy lines for merchandise.

I knew it would be a mad house at MK and Epcot yesterday so we went to Sea World's Spooktacular. Then to F&W festival in the evening for a couple hours. What a zoo!! We hope to go Monday afternoon to check out the booths. Hopefully alot less people will be there on a weekday!

I hope you enjoy your stay in September 2012! I'm sure it will be very convenient to be so close to Epcot. That clown slide is a bit freaky, but the resort is very nice!

I got a few pics but I was pretty far back and not that much to see really. :(

It was really cool to be able to see all the hotels. If I ever hop that much, I will drive around instead of depending on Disney Transport. My body will thank me for it.

I do feel better today, except my shins and calves are screaming in pain. At least I can lift my legs now. I had difficulty getting into the shower this morning. I am seriously considering a ecv for our next long trip trip. However, **hopefully** I will be getting my heart cath in March/April and will be able to get off all these meds and be back to "normal" again. I actually found the monorail ramps the most difficult to walk up.

lovethatthink,

I found out that DS8, Joey, has an unknown food allergy? He woke up friday morning completely covered in hives. We gave him benadryl (cause we didn't know what was going on). He had much less hives after that, until he wanted scrambled eggs and chocolate milk for a snack b4 his dr appt. Within an hour and a half, he was covered in hives again. So dr is thinking either dairy or egg allergy?? Do these things really pop up and develop overnight like that? I am so confused.

lovethatthink,

I found out that DS8, Joey, has an unknown food allergy? He woke up friday morning completely covered in hives. We gave him benadryl (cause we didn't know what was going on). He had much less hives after that, until he wanted scrambled eggs and chocolate milk for a snack b4 his dr appt. Within an hour and a half, he was covered in hives again. So dr is thinking either dairy or egg allergy?? Do these things really pop up and develop overnight like that? I am so confused.

They can pop up fast. My 17 year old's peanut allergy did. One day he was eating boiled peanuts at the ball game. The next day he was eating them elsewhere and bam, his throat closed up. He was sent for allergy skin tests and ended up allergic to 80-some of the 120 things they tested him for.

Did the doctor order a test or an elimination diet to find out? You didn't recently switch laundry detergent or soaps?

My youngest had hives head to toe last summer after starting his new seizure med. We blamed it on the med, but found out it was the laundry detergent. Switched back to our old detergent and the hives never came back.

Yes ma'am, they can come on like lightning. Human allergies can change completely every seven years, my DDs peanut allergy was an overnight change as well!

Wow totally didn't realize that!!

I asked the dr about detergents (because I always use All Pure and ex-mil & ex-husband change based on sale prices), and he stated it was not a contact reaction, but a systemic reaction??:confused3

He is on an oral cortizone & benadryl and it sems to have cleared up mostly. He didn't order any testing, yet, but said he would if it need be. He didn't have any throat closing up or anything other than a rash happen, so thank goodness for that.

Normally I would say he is just weird (which he is.... :rotfl:)

He is afraid of heights, if he is not on solid ground.... He can be on the 100th floor of a hotel and be fine, but he doesn't do feet danging heights or going upside down.... So he didn't do RNR, but he rode TOT with no problem.

I am the same way. I also did TOT (I wouldn't say "with no problem", it was fun but i was terrified!) I feel like I'll fall out of the theater with those dome IMAX movies so I know Soarin', where you're actually dangling in the air, would be really hard. I'll try it when my DD is tall enough to ride it though!

Wow! Even though you say your body failed you, I think you have accomplished A LOT in just one day!!

How was the presentation at MK? I take it you didn't stay to watch Wishes at the end?

You say you didn't take a FP for Soarin since it was during your ADR. You don't like coming back after the FP time? I don't find it's breaking a rule since CM (almost) always let you do that without so much raising an eyebrow.

I don't know that I could ever stay at Boardwalk, the clown pool disturbs me. I'm not scared of clown, but that one is creepy.

You did do SO much in one day! Way to go! I'm sorry you're in such pain when you walk and I hope it gets better soon with less/different meds!

That clown pool disturbs me too and I don't think I could stay at Boardwalk because of it. We're looking at POFQ and even those jester/clown heads they use in the decor make me a little uncomfortable, I gotta say! :scared1:

I am the same way. I also did TOT (I wouldn't say "with no problem", it was fun but i was terrified!) I feel like I'll fall out of the theater with those dome IMAX movies so I know Soarin', where you're actually dangling in the air, would be really hard. I'll try it when my DD is tall enough to ride it though!

You did do SO much in one day! Way to go! I'm sorry you're in such pain when you walk and I hope it gets better soon with less/different meds!

That clown pool disturbs me too and I don't think I could stay at Boardwalk because of it. We're looking at POFQ and even those jester/clown heads they use in the decor make me a little uncomfortable, I gotta say! :scared1:

I got slightly motion sick after Soarin and I felt wobbly, like I just got off a boat. :sick: But I feel the ride is worth 5 minutes of wonkiness!;)

I saw the Clown up close and personal...... Yikes, but I plan on booking a standard room which overlooks the parking lot, and using the quiet pool. We could get a boardwalk view/pool view, but we are "cheap". As Dbf said, we don't plan on spending time looking out the window and quite frankly we want to be as far away from noise as possible. And we would rather use that extra money on dining.

We toured and then booked at POFQ in January. I agree those damn jester clown heads are freaky!! I am planning on upgrading to WL though, (when the GP discount comes out Oct 5th..... psssssssst don't tell anyone til I do my upgrade, then by all means spread the word!! ;))

Dear TR and TR readers,

I apologize for neglecting you! I promise there is more to come, but I have been busy at work, with kids, and stalking the DIS and Disney website for
AP rates!! And guess what?!?!?!

I GOT IT!!!!!

We are gonna be staying at WL, with courtyard view, for 40% off!! I about cried when she gave me the price I was so happy. I was only expecting a standard (crappy) view, but got CY!!!

Dear TR and TR readers,

I apologize for neglecting you! I promise there is more to come, but I have been busy at work, with kids, and stalking the DIS and Disney website for
AP rates!! And guess what?!?!?!

I GOT IT!!!!!

We are gonna be staying at WL, with courtyard view, for 40% off!! I about cried when she gave me the price I was so happy. I was only expecting a standard (crappy) view, but got CY!!!

Woo hoo!!! Great news! Congratulations!!

I had wanted to rent DVC points for BWV studio, standard view, because it is so much of a better deal than even AP rates, for sept 2012. I waited today to see if I could get my request. And I got the confirmation that we got the dates!!! YEAH!!! And we are already paid in full!! So all we have to save up for now is food/drinking costs!! :cool1:

We saved a ton of cash!! We got a $345 rack room rate cut down to $149 a night!!! Even with an AP discount, it would have been at least $200 a night!

149$ a night for an Epcot resort? :eek: I seriously got to start looking into renting DVC points...

That is what I said!! I used David's dvc rental, a DIS sponsor. I was skeptical at first and there are some things to consider before booking, you must know for sure your dates in about a year in advance, are ok to pay in full at time of booking, no cancellations, and limited mousekeping, then go for it!!

David and Melissa were super helpful through the process and answered all my questions quickly. Thier website has SOOO much info. They are out of Canada also.

Ok so I only read the 40th mini TR so far and WOWZA you can pack a lot into one day. Sounds like so much fun. Darn kids slowing me down :rotfl: I'll have to fly down solo to tour the world Janabanana style, seems like fun!!

Ok so I only read the 40th mini TR so far and WOWZA you can pack a lot into one day. Sounds like so much fun. Darn kids slowing me down :rotfl: I'll have to fly down solo to tour the world Janabanana style, seems like fun!!

It was fun! I got to ride 4 of my fav rides! And check out what "I" wanted to see.

I am getting SAP's for the boys too, and planning on taking them for my oldest's son 13th bday Oct 16th. That trip will be about what he wants to do.

Sorry I have neglected you and my readers. I will finish my bday tr so I can add my trip tomorrow for Nick, my eldest son's, 13th bday.:)

We are gonna go to DHS. The boys love Star Wars so that is a must go to for us. He also wants to ride RNR, and TOT. I want them to experience TSM. Nick rode it when he was 2 1/2. My youngest son has never been to WDW, so he is super excited. He will be getting his first visit pin, and Nick will get his Happy Bday pin.

They wanted to eat at either Rainforest Cafe or TREX so we could go to LEGO store after, and TREX was unavailable. So to RFC we go. The latest ADR I could get was at 3pm. I don't mind leaving HS early. I figure we will be there at RD so we should be able to get everything done by then.

Wish me luck, ya'll!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter