The Baggot Family's END OF CHEMO END OF CANCER PRE Trip Report and Trip Report!!!!

wow - your T-shirts are amazing and I love the travel journals and the aurtograph books - you are very very imaginative and talented!

DAY 1!
YAHHHHH!!!! TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!! Everything is DONE! Thats a relief! Just have to pack the van, get the kids up, can't believe they aren't up yet, I didn't get much sleep last night I was SO excited about today! Did up two more T-Shirts last night that I had forgotten to do. Will take pictures of those once we are in Orlando.
We'll have DH's laptop with us, but I dont think I'll be on it to update. Going to use it to save Pictures to the memory stick. Anyway's thanks for the safe travel thoughts.
Au revoir, and Bon Voyage!

Day One Is Done! Wow, we left the house at 8:30 yesterday morning, stopped at a conveinence store in Ogdansburg for some munchies and juice (a few of us forgot to have breakfast before we left). We drove as far as (some place in PA starting with an H) for lunch at a Cracker Barrel. Fabulous place, never been to one before! My kids got a real kick out of The Smarties there! They were like Giant Rocket candy that we have. Our Smarties are more like M&M's (something I've brought tons of along with us for the FE Exchange).
It got dark around 6pm and was pitch black out by 7. We drove till 9:30 pm and stopped here in Fredericksberg VA. Two rooms for the night at a Days Inn @ $47.95 each for the night. Free wi-fi (thus why I can do an update now), free breakfast, and the rooms are clean! The three most important things for me on what a hotel must have for me to stay. Only two scary incidents last night, both within 20 minutes of each other and both in West VA and both in the dark. First, a near miss with a deer, jumped out of nowhere on the drivers side. DH swerved to miss her, and thankfully she too stopped where she was when she saw the headlights. Missed her by inches! Second was two dogs chasing each other, ran out into the road, but not in our lane. My goodness, why were they loose and running onto the highway? I hope cars that came behind us didn't have problems with the deer or those little dogs! Nonetheless, we definately won't be driving at night again here! DS6 and DD18 are watching the DISNEY CHANNEL right now (we don't get this channel at home as I refuse to pay a huge chunk of $ for a cable package upgrade for just ONE CHANEL. LOL
Anyway, we are about to go for that free breakfast then hit the road again.
TODAY: the plan is to get at least across the Florida boarder! Stop for some OJ, maybe stop at "South Of The Boarder" before that (just to see and say we've been). So if we are going to get that far before dark, I'd better get off here now. Hopefully the next hotel will also have free wi-fi!

Crossing the boarder:
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]

Funny House we saw in Ogdansburg:
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]

DS enjoying his Activity book:
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]

I had to throw this photo in! Our rootbeer does NOT come in bottles like they did here at Cracker Barrel. DS6 got a real KICK out of the fact he could drink from a beer bottle! In retrospect, perhaps THAT was not such a great idea......
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]

Day One Is Done! Wow, we left the house at 8:30 yesterday morning, stopped at a conveinence store in Ogdansburg for some munchies and juice (a few of us forgot to have breakfast before we left). We drove as far as (some place in PA starting with an H) for lunch at a Cracker Barrel. Fabulous place, never been to one before! My kids got a real kick out of The Smarties there! They were like Giant Rocket candy that we have. Our Smarties are more like M&M's (something I've brought tons of along with us for the FE Exchange).
It got dark around 6pm and was pitch black out by 7. We drove till 9:30 pm and stopped here in Fredericksberg VA. Two rooms for the night at a Days Inn @ $47.95 each for the night. Free wi-fi (thus why I can do an update now), free breakfast, and the rooms are clean! The three most important things for me on what a hotel must have for me to stay. Only two scary incidents last night, both within 20 minutes of each other and both in West VA and both in the dark. First, a near miss with a deer, jumped out of nowhere on the drivers side. DH swerved to miss her, and thankfully she too stopped where she was when she saw the headlights. Missed her by inches! Second was two dogs chasing each other, ran out into the road, but not in our lane. My goodness, why were they loose and running onto the highway? I hope cars that came behind us didn't have problems with the deer or those little dogs! Nonetheless, we definately won't be driving at night again here! DS6 and DD18 are watching the DISNEY CHANNEL right now (we don't get this channel at home as I refuse to pay a huge chunk of $ for a cable package upgrade for just ONE CHANEL. LOL
Anyway, we are about to go for that free breakfast then hit the road again.
TODAY: the plan is to get at least across the Florida boarder! Stop for some OJ, maybe stop at "South Of The Boarder" before that (just to see and say we've been). So if we are going to get that far before dark, I'd better get off here now. Hopefully the next hotel will also have free wi-fi!

OMG hitting a deer would have been aweful!! We saw MANY deer on Saturday when we on the roads at night! They are definitely out and about so be careful, especially right at dusk too!! I'm so excited for you guys and your tee shirts are fabulous!!

Glad to hear you made it safely so far and avoided all the four-legged obstacles!!!

Well, Day 2 is Done and today is Day 3 I managed to wrangle out some free internet here.
Day 2 was spent driving all day, we decided to bite the bullet and drive straight through to Kissimmee! We arrived at 10:30 last night. The roads were great. Moderate traffic, well lit, thus less risk of deer. Plus once we hit FL., the highways were wider, and not much woods on the side. The only thing I found nerve racking was the construction. No real slow downs because of that, but there were cement walls right at edge of the road. Driving next to that was a chore! We did stop at South of the Border, I didn't think much of it. Most of it was closed, it was lunch time, raining, and nothing there appealed to us. We ended up at some place in Dillon South Carolina, for a bite.
We stopped again in Savannah Georgia at a subway for dinner just as the sun was about to go down. The kids were enamoured with the palm trees. I will post pictures when I can.
Our hotel is called "Suites at Old Town" and is more like an apartment. Clean yet homey. Not a 5 star hotel by any means, but perfect nonetheless. 3 night stay came to $175 and change with all taxes and fees) The lobby is clean, but musty smelling, and the staff so far has been very friendly. It has a living room with a Murphy bed that pulls down out of the wall, a nice little kitchen with a fridge, microwave, stove top, coffee maker, dishwasher and table and chair set. (no dishes or pots and pans though). It has a single bathroom, and a back bedroom with two double beds and another counter with sink. Two television sets, patio doors off the bedroom and AIR CONDITIONING! WOW, we were pleasantly surprised when we got out of the van last night. It had just rained, but the temp out was 28 degrees Celcius, and HUMID! Considering it was about 4 degrees when we left home, THIS WAS NICE!

Today, DAY 3, DH went out early this morning to get McDonalds take out for breakfast (hot cakes and sausage and OJ!) Then we all drove to Walmart and picked up formal wear for DH, DS16 and DS12, new running shoes for two of them, some groceries, and several other items along with a bathing suit for me (I'd prefer the one I left at home, but I didn't have time to be picky). DS16 works at a Walmart back home, and were thankful he was allowed to use his employee discount card here! I was honestly surprised with the total bill, expecting it to be close to $500.00 but I came to just under $300.00. Not bad considering it was two sets of mens dress pants, dress shirts and ties, dress shoes, a two piece SUIT for DS12 and shirt with tie and dress shoes, dress socks, jean shorts for one of boys, two sets of mens running shoes, along with the other items. I know without a doubt back home it WOULD have come to around $500.00 easily. I LOVE SHOPPING HERE!
DH and sons have gone for a swim in the pool, so I'm heading off to join them and take pictures.
TOMORROW is DOWNTOWN DISNEY DAY! I will update tomorrow and try to upload some of the photos if I can. Tomorrow is the last day while on vacation I can update the trip report as I know we won't get free internet at Disney (likely wouldn't have time even if we could).
It's HOT outside, did I mention that already? I'm loving this!!!!

DD18 loving the Palm tree in Georgia just outside her favourite fast food place "Subway"
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]

Our Hotel Room at "Suites At Old Town":

Walking to our room:
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG] Our room number:
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]
To the right of where we first walk in: IMG][/IMG] This is the left side of the same room:
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]

The Kitchen:
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]

To the left off of the Kitchen:
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG] The back Bedroom:
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG] And the view out the back bedroom:
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]

The Pool area:
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG] We thought seeing these things EVERYWHERE was awesome!!
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]

DD's trip on the SLINGSHOT:
Cruise%20Photos
[/URL][/IMG]

Glad to hear things are going well and that you made it safely to Florida!! Enjoy!!!!

Just discovered this post and wanted to let you know I'm enjoying it so far! Congratulations to your daughter on her battle and victory over her cancer. Our oldest son, 17, was just given the green light as cancer free this past June after first being diagnosed at age 15. Is there any thing worse than those first few days waiting for pathology results and trying to educate yourself on the disease?

Anyway, glad you are able to celebrate now and I'm sure your family is stronger now and ready to relax on vacation! Looking forward to more! popcorn::

Just discovered this post and wanted to let you know I'm enjoying it so far! Congratulations to your daughter on her battle and victory over her cancer. Our oldest son, 17, was just given the green light as cancer free this past June after first being diagnosed at age 15. Is there any thing worse than those first few days waiting for pathology results and trying to educate yourself on the disease?

Anyway, glad you are able to celebrate now and I'm sure your family is stronger now and ready to relax on vacation! Looking forward to more! popcorn::

Congratulations to your son! Yes, scary days, those were. I think our worst was the day of diagnosis. Many others could compare throughout her treatment. What got me, was they told us that treatment for her cancer had a 75 - 95 % success rate with long term survival. But I then during the course of her treatment, 3 other kids (teens) with the SAME cancer, didn't make it! That hit really hard, knowing there is no rhyme or reason to why some kids will make it and yet others won't. I became very good friends with a mom whose daughter was diagnosed with the same cancer the month prior to my DD. My DD was deemed High Risk and the other child was deemed Standard Risk. That other child relapsed 13 months into treatment. She then had a bone marrow transplant, and relapsed again just 6 months later, and passed away 5 weeks later to do severe side effects of the next phase of treatment. Because we were such good friends, I carried a kind of guilt "why her child?" I didn't by any means wish that it were my child, heavens NO! But it became difficult for her to see my child, and I completely understood. Nothing was fair, nothing is FAIR in the fight with Cancer!
DD did the SLING SHOT here at Old Town the other night. This is a ride where two people are stapped into a double seated contraption, then tilted backwards and shot, I have no idea how many feet into the sky (but lets say you could see all of ORLANDO from up there!). I did not want her to do this, we were LUCKY she has survived cancer, I didn't need some freak accident to happen with a risky ride, but alas my fears had NO effect on her desire and determination to do this! Off she went, DS12 video taped it, I kept my eyes shut for most of it! I don't think my worry for her will ever or any of my children will ever dissipate, at least not her! She gets a fever that lingers a little too long, I'm worrying. She complains of back pain, I'm worrying. Thankfully, those things haven't happened too much since she finished treatment, but my brain always seems to kick into high alert when things like illness or risky rides crop up.
Now we are off to Disney rides, and I'm not sure how many near panic attacks I'll have LOL, but hopefully none as I TRUST DISNEY.
Congraulations to your son again, it sure is good news to hear he is cancer free!

Day 4!! was spent at DOWNTOWN DISNEY! WOW, that was fun! I got tears in my eyes when we drove under the Huge WALT DISNEY WORLD SIGN.

IMG_2964.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2818.jpg
[/IMG]

We spent way too much money LOL, but all was worth every penny! The highlights of our day other than all the sites, were getting spit on by STITCH and having pixie dust sprinkled all over DD!
At "The World Of Disney" store, above one of the entrance doorways, there sits STITCH way up top. He might be cute to look at and take pictures of but watch OUT! He SPITS! Literally! We thought it fun watching DS6 trying to figure out how stitch does that, and fun to stand in the wet spot on the pavement and run away before the spit came! (unless your Dad was Holding you there!)
IMG_2872.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2844.jpg
[/IMG]

LateCr in the day it did start to rain. We were leaving another store near Goofy's Candy CO. and it started to rain! I had my SLR camera around my neck and no case to carry it it. I held my baggalini bag over top of it for some protection as I sought shelter. DH just wanted to walk fast to our destination, T REX, for lunch, but I didn't want my hair to get soaked, my camera, I can't stand rain drops running down my glasses, then I saw the doorway to "WORLD OF DISNEY" and made a Bee line for that entry way. Keeping my head down so as to avoid the rain on my face and glasses, I had NO IDEA I was running right into Stitche's Line Of Fire!
BAM, he got me! DH and DS6 were outside LAUGHING Hysterically. It was DISNEY, so I had no Choice but to laugh too! The rain stopped soon after that, and it was sunny again, as is typical of Florida!

Lunch at T-REX was FABULOUS! We had no ADR for there, we just decided to give it a try and there was no wait! The food too, was Delicious!
DSC_0012.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2928.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2927.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2926.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3158-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Later, as we walked back to visit Goofy's Candy Co., there were two CM's from World of Disney (specifically BBB). They looked so cute in their uniforms, and they looked SO HAPPY as they chatted with each other. To me, their faces just Beamed Disney Philosophy. I walked over and asked if I could take their photo and they happily obliged. Then they saw DD18 and coaxed her over to them and asked her if she would like some pixie dust! They then sprinkled it over her shoulders and Hair and DD18 just SPARKLED for the rest of the day!
IMG_2870.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2871.jpg
[/IMG]

DS6's favourite Store was the LEGO Store! We must have spent a whole hour in their! He finally picked out to building sets (we set the limit at two, but that didn't stop him begging for more). We were AMAZED with the Lego Sculptures, wondering how on earth they made many of them!
IMG_2837.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2951.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2832.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2834.jpg
[/IMG]

Treats from Goofy's Canday Company:
The biggest Candy store my kids have ever seen! Again, tons of time spent in here, just looking at everything. Then it was time to pick their treats. Rice Crispy Mickey Heads it was! But still being full from lunch, we got them to go. The CM's packaged them up beautifully for the kids!
IMG_2938.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2945.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2948.jpg
[/IMG]

Making Star Wars Lightsabres. This was a highlight for all 3 of my boys! DS6 happily made his lightsabre, a red one, but then got upset when he found out his oldest brother made a double Lightsabre! No amount of reasoning would work. Personally, I was ready to just walk out of the store with him, but DH caved in to the tears, and DS got what he wanted (this time). In retrospect we both realize how much of a bad idea it was to give in.....
Now here's a tip for any parent considering letting their kid make a double lightsabre! We quickly realized there was no other place other than OUTSIDE to play with this thing! See the size difference between a singel and a double? :)
IMG_2878.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2898.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2889.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2899.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2904.jpg
[/IMG]

Certainly sounds like you are having a great time and can't wait to hear all about it.

Congratulations to your daughter and her victory over cancer!

Enjoy your cruise. I have a son with a life threatening illness. He too got a Wish from the Childrens' Wish Foundation. We have been going back to Disney Health permitting and are taking our first Land and Sea package.

Our Canadian Children and made of strength and determination!

Congratulations again!:woohoo:

Charleyann

Welcome back! Sounds like all your trip planning (OH MY!) paid off! I need to search around a bit to find more of your posts, because I've read more from somewhere else and am now lost. Congrats on the big drive too - I've always wanted to try that, but it is daunting. Looking forward to reading more!

I'm Subscribing:goodvibes

Glad 2 meet ya by the way -

T.T.F.N.

Hi! I'm subbing- can't wait to read all about your cruise before we take OUR cruise next October!! :banana: Congratulations to your daughter, so happy for all of you!! :goodvibes

Ellen

Getting caught up! DAY 4 CONTINUED!

Pessed Pennies, Stuffies, Crazy Hats and Puffles:

IMG_2864.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2863.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2859.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2855.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2854.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2853.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2851.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2860.jpg
[/IMG]

Then it was back to our Hotel late in the afternoon.

The kids ate some of those Rice Crispy Mickeys and then it was Homework time:
IMG_2960.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3163.jpg
[/IMG]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter