The anti-dining trip report that could have been a disaster but ended up being Yacht-some!! April 2021 at The Yacht Club! Complete 11/5!

So happy to hear you are FINALLY feeling better.

Thanks! It's about time! I think you were one of two people who knew I wasn't feeling well!

I've kept up with nothing and did not know they had stopped luggage delivery. Is it covid related or are they blaming covid and its really financially motivated? If bell services can take your luggage makes no sense that luggage pick up at the airport would stop

I'm not sure, but I think it's the latter, because you're absolutely right…Bell Services is still a thing. So between them not doing the luggage and the waaaaaaaay too long lines, I guess I won't miss it as much as I would have if it was still like it was pre-covid.

Yikes!!! That is a lot of time. Late breaking news but we decided to fly to FL for our trip next month instead of driving

Awesome! I felt pretty good on Southwest, and everyone kept their masks on for the most part.

Unfortunately there was only one flight that worked on the way down and it was a day early so darn it we are going to have to be down there one more day :D

Darn! Hate when that happens! :rotfl2:

But since we aren't at a Disney hotel I was thinking of getting a car service.

We have used FLtours a couple times to Port Canaveral and had good luck with them. Or you could switch and stay at like POP for the night and take DME? We have to do this in August because there were no good flight options on the day we were going so we are flying the night before and landing around 8:40pm so I booked 2 rooms at POP and against my better judgement, we'll be taking the dang DME again o_O

I'm guessing with no luggage delivery and long lines uber and lift probably have long lines too

So, funny story, Allie flew down the next night (I'll be posting about this soon) and we were going to get her an Uber but there were none available. I don't know if it was because it was late or there is a really high demand for them? :confused3 She ended up taking DME anyway.

This is our plan for day 1. Of course the Shades of Green pool is nothing like Yacht Club but we don't have a neighborhood pool so it should make for a nice afternoon

A pool is a pool…I'm sure it'll be nice and relaxing 🌴🌞:drinking1

Perfection!!! How were the crowds? I'd seen some reports of waits to get into pools

We never waited more than maybe 5 minutes to get in. I don't know if we were lucky or just had perfect timing. Once in, the chairs were spaced out and zip-tied together and we always managed to find some. I'm sure August will be a different story!

If only the cat was so generous with the rest of us :rotfl2:

Haha! You're too kind! :hug:

We haven't booked anything yet but we are thinking of leaving literally right after the girls last day of school. So, June 22nd - to July 10th -ish. Maybe we can run into each other?!!?

Aw, boo. Nope…I think we'll be late May/early June!

I am going to be sad when it is fully gone. And really it gone for us. I don't think we will be going till 2022.

I would be too, if it were not so awful on this trip!

Yes to the Club, no to the Tour, no to that dessert party and I've eaten at the Hotel a zillion times but we lived too close to stay in it.

Well, the Club looks pretty awesome and I'm super jealous of that. But yes, you need to do ALL the THINGS too!

I get that. My kids stick to Instagram.

Ugh, same. And out of all of them, I find IG super boring and hard to navigate! I'm sure I'm not their target audience anyway!

I cannot tell you how much I missed it this trip. I too couldn't lift anything more than like 5 pounds, even pushing my suitcase was a joke and painful. I had to ask strangers to pull mine off the carousel and while there super nice about it, I did feel weird. :( I wish they'd bring this back but it's almost 100% not to be.

It's really hard, isn't it?? And of course, I've never thought about it before when I was feeling good! That was nice that people helped you. I would have felt weird because there were three of us to grab luggage for 😩

That is totally not acceptable. ANd without the luggage service anymore, I am almost for sure going to go with a Lyft from now on. From deplaning to resort, it's easy an hour tops including a bathroom stop.

Definitely the way to go!

I went with Scooterbug for that exact reason of NOT having to meet them at the luggage place. I had NO idea when I'd be there as I went straight to breakfast. Just too stressful to have a set time to meet. I am SO glad they waited for you and were super nice about it!

I'll have to look into that, although they were soooo nice at Gold's and were like, "don't worry, take your time."

Nope, beautiful!

:hug:

Yep, our trips were almost identical in this regard. My mom REALLY struggled the 2 times we chose to leave the scooters behind. I felt so badly for her.

It's so hard to see them like that. I learned my lesson though and won't even attempt leaving it behind for her again.

Well, the Club looks pretty awesome and I'm super jealous of that. But yes, you need to do ALL the THINGS too!

It is fun and I will never take for granted my opportunity to go. Ever.

I have a dirty little secret. I"ve never done ANY dessert parties anywhere. I know a lot of the EPIC girls have and did pretty regularly, but it always just seemed so expensive and towards the end of them, when they were still available, they were so crowded. Added to the fact, I am not a super sweets person, but I saw too that they were adding a few more savory choices to the tables and I was coming around to the idea I wanted to try one. Then... Covid.

Ugh, same. And out of all of them, I find IG super boring and hard to navigate! I'm sure I'm not their target audience anyway!

ME TOO!! I've even had my girls "show" me how and I still can't do it. I feel so dumb on it. Plus I'm not a huge poster of selfies and that seems to be a lot of what it's geared towards. I use it to spy on my kids. :lmao:
It's really hard, isn't it?? And of course, I've never thought about it before when I was feeling good! That was nice that people helped you. I would have felt weird because there were three of us to grab luggage for 😩

Yes, I was so afraid I'd mess things up and hurt myself (worse). I wonder if there is such a thing as an airport "concierge" just for circumstances like this. :(

Definitely the way to go!
👍

I'll have to look into that, although they were soooo nice at Gold's and were like, "don't worry, take your time."

Super nice of them!! Well done Gold's!!

It's so hard to see them like that. I learned my lesson though and won't even attempt leaving it behind for her again.

It was heartbreaking. She had a knee replacement repair done one week after this trip. The head of the prosthetic had broken off and it was excruciatingly painful for her to walk on it. The surgeon was baffled as to how she could even stand on it. But she soldiered on. Such a trooper. She did almost kill me (and herself) at AK with her scooter though. I can only now look back and laugh. OMG, seriously, she was one of those scooter drivers.

I have a dirty little secret. I"ve never done ANY dessert parties anywhere. I know a lot of the EPIC girls have and did pretty regularly, but it always just seemed so expensive and towards the end of them, when they were still available, they were so crowded. Added to the fact, I am not a super sweets person, but I saw too that they were adding a few more savory choices to the tables and I was coming around to the idea I wanted to try one.

Aw, you need to do one if they come back! For us, it's not about the food so much as having a space reserved to watch the fireworks. The best "extra" we ever did was the Tony's Town Square party and the food there was awesome! But there was a decent mix of savory and sweet, plus wine and beer. I find I never drink alcohol at the dessert parties because I don't like those sickly sweet mixed drinks they usually serve, but the wine at Tony's was nice!

ME TOO!! I've even had my girls "show" me how and I still can't do it. I feel so dumb on it.

We're not dumb…we're just old! Does that make you feel better?? :rotfl2:

It was heartbreaking. She had a knee replacement repair done one week after this trip. The head of the prosthetic had broken off and it was excruciatingly painful for her to walk on it.

Yikes! Poor thing!

She did almost kill me (and herself) at AK with her scooter though. I can only now look back and laugh. OMG, seriously, she was one of those scooter drivers.

Lol! My mom had an incident in the queue of The Little Mermaid! I'll get to that later, but let's just say after the initial, "OMG!" we were dying!

APRIL 9, 2021
LAZY DAY AND CRISES AVERTED X 2

Someone was a sleepyhead this am...

and who could blame her…those beds and pillows were SO comfortable!
We also realized that we had done a terrible job the day prior with the sunscreen o_O
After this we made sure we called her out of the water hourly to reapply!

While she dozed, my mom and I just relaxed in the room...

I was checking the tracking of my mom's and Ava's magic bands that we had ordered weeks prior. They were supposed to come the day before we left and of course, they had then updated the tracking so now they were supposed to be delivered this day…to CT…while we were in FL :sad2:
Lucky for us Allie was coming a day after us so we had one more chance to get them.
She was going to stop home after school and grab her luggage and check the mail
and we were hoping they'd be there!

We also sat and did our order from Amazon Prime...

Our delivery window was 10am-12pm, so once Sleeping Beauty woke up,
we got ready and headed to the pool...

We never had any trouble getting into the pool this week.
I have heard stories of long waits to get in,
but we never had to wait more than maybe 5 minutes.

This morning, since we were so early, we didn't wait at all.
I left my mom in a lounger and was floating around in the lazy river
when I saw her waving me down.
When I got over to her she said my phone kept dinging…oops!
Our Amazon Prime delivery was ready and by the time I checked my phone,
they said they cancelled our order.
I ended up calling and they did circle back and deliver our order…phew!
I am confused as to why they didn't just originally deliver it to bell services though,
because after they cancelled and I called,
I told them to just drop it off and they did :confused3

I got the delivery squared away and went up to meet bell services in the room
and then headed back down to meet my mom and Ava for lunch...

This was my first time back since it had been remodeled and it's super cute in there.

Ava got another hotdog and my mom got the kid's burger...

And then Ava got a little ice cream for dessert...

They liked their food but the service was soooooo slow this day and it was freezing in there so we wanted to hurry up and get out but it took forever to get our check and pay the bill. All told our lunch took about 1 1/2 hours…and with it being such a small, in-demand place, you'd think they'd move a little faster 😩

We finally made it back to the pool and around 2, I got a text from Allie...
Yay!

Now we could really relax!

Continued in next post!

APRIL 9, 2021
LAZY DAY AND CRISES AVERTED X 2

View attachment 575651

and who could blame her…those beds and pillows were SO comfortable!
We also realized that we had done a terrible job the day prior with the sunscreen o_O
After this we made sure we called her out of the water hourly to reapply!

While she dozed, my mom and I just relaxed in the room...
View attachment 575652

I was checking the tracking of my mom's and Ava's magic bands that we had ordered weeks prior. They were supposed to come the day before we left and of course, they had then updated the tracking so now they were supposed to be delivered this day…to CT…while we were in FL :sad2:
Lucky for us Allie was coming a day after us so we had one more chance to get them.

We also sat and did our order from Amazon Prime...
View attachment 575654

Our delivery window was 10am-12pm, so once Sleeping Beauty woke up,
we got ready and headed to the pool...
View attachment 575655

View attachment 575656

I am confused as to why they didn't just originally deliver it to bell services though,

I got the delivery squared away and went up to meet bell services in the room
and then headed back down to meet my mom and Ava for lunch...
View attachment 575658

View attachment 575659

This was my first time back since it had been remodeled and it's super cute in there.

Ava got another hotdog and my mom got the kid's burger...
View attachment 575660

View attachment 575661

They liked their food but the service was soooooo slow this day and it was freezing in there so we wanted to hurry up and get out but it took forever to get our check and pay the bill. All told our lunch took about 1 1/2 hours…and with it being such a small, in-demand place, you'd think they'd move a little faster 😩

View attachment 575662
Yay!

Now we could really relax!

Continued in next post!

This is the second TR today where I read about B&C! I guess I hadn't realized how popular it became (or had always been?). It's on the short list for our December trip, we've never been to the BW area and I've been wanting to go check it out.

Glad your magic bands arrived (and will be making the trek down to FL). Can't wait to read more!

MADE IN THE SHADE

We found some nice lounge chairs in the shade...

and we could see Ava playing in the part of the pool she loved...

Luckily for us, she never really cared to wander around to different parts of the pool, so we could easily keep our eye on her. At some point, she did ask to go down the slide so her and I walked over and my mom walked to where the slide came out. My plan was to walk up with her and then walk back down and have my mom waiting at the end. However, she took one look at the slide from the ground and I could tell she was nervous. We decided to try the little Jib Jab slide first to see how she liked it and once she went down that, she was all set!

We walked back to our spot and stayed there until it was time to get ready for dinner.

We didn't have to go far for dinner tonight, just a little boat ride away...

Ava kept us entertained while we waited for our table to be ready.
She had brought her little camera and was taking pictures of random people who, thankfully, were so nice about it and actually ended up posing for her!

I was also getting texts from Allie from the airport…whoo hoo!
Her dad works at our airport so he stayed at the gate with her until she boarded,
which was nice.

Meanwhile, we were seated and had the nicest server, and sorry,
I don't have any pictures of their food.

I felt bad going to restaurants and not ordering food so I ordered a hot tea and kind of said to our server that my tummy isn't feeling great. When she brought the tea, she also brought me ginger beer and explained that it's not actually beer, it's more like soda but the ginger might help settle my stomach. That was so nice of her! I took a couple sips of the ginger beer and it was absolutely disgusting, but I so appreciated her thoughtfulness!

It was busy in there and the service was slow,
but we tipped her well because she was so sweet.

We headed back to the boat around 8:30...
and went back to the room to wait and hear from Allie.

She texted at 9:35 that she landed, yay!

After our horrible experience with DME, I started checking the Uber app to see how much it would be for her to Uber. Unfortunately, there were no Ubers available…is that a thing?
I guess they're in high demand down there! She ended up taking the DME and arrived around 11:30, so I guess two hours is better than the three hours it took us!

I was so happy to see her and then tried to get some sleep
but this was the night of all the retainer clicking so sleep pretty much didn't happen!

Up next, our first park day…where would we go??

This is the second TR today where I read about B&C! I guess I hadn't realized how popular it became (or had always been?). It's on the short list for our December trip, we've never been to the BW area and I've been wanting to go check it out.

It's crazy! Make sure it's one of the first ADRs you try for, they're very hard to get! We made a couple just because we knew we'd be staying there and would want ice cream (or so I thought 😩 ).

The BW area is so nice!

Hi, Kelly!!! I'm super late to the party, but so glad to be here and all caught up now :)

"great, once this sucker comes out, all my troubles will be resolved." Well, it wasn't the instant relief I thought it would be and even now, almost two months later, I am still having issues and intermittent discomfort, but I am finally feeling somewhat better and hope that eventually I'll be back to normal :confused3
I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well and that the surgery didn't provide such quick relief as you'd thought :( Glad the Disney magic kicked in and got you feeling at least a bit better!

I've been dreaming of visiting DL for soooooo long that when I go, I want ALL THE THINGS!
Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour…I want it. World of Color Dessert Party…I want that too.
Disneyland Hotel…yup. So, I am really hoping everything is back to normal by next summer!
What an AMAZING graduation gift/trip!!! I can't wait til you get to go and do all the things and report back, so I can plan to do it, too!!! :) Our 15th Anniversary cruise was cancelled for this June, so we moved it to June 2022.

She played Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors, and it was such an awesome show!
I'm so glad you shared some of the clips on FB because she was so great as Audrey!!

I've noticed she's really slowed down this past year and as soon as I booked this trip, I booked a scooter for her for the first time. It ended up being so nice since she was able to keep up and not get as tired. She's coming along with us in August and will be using the scooter again.
That's awesome that she was still able to join you and that the scooter did the trick (for both of you!)

I love that they put these topiaries out for FLower and Garden! Rob and I took our picture with them at the first NYE party we attended at the Contemporary a few years ago (it's my profile pic on FB right now!)

I was so happy to see her and then tried to get some sleep
but this was the night of all the retainer clicking so sleep pretty much didn't happen!
My Mom used to be able to share a bed when we did trips with Jimmy, but we both get miserable sleep these days (and blame it on each other, LOL!)

Such a cutie!
That's one problem we Canadians don't have. They won't ship to us so we always pick up our Magic Bands at the front desk.
That's weird that they wouldn't just drop it off.
So cute!
I do find them abit slow with their service too.
Luckily for us, she never really cared to wander around to different parts of the pool, so we could easily keep our eye on her. At some point, she did ask to go down the slide so her and I walked over and my mom walked to where the slide came out. My plan was to walk up with her and then walk back down and have my mom waiting at the end. However, she took one look at the slide from the ground and I could tell she was nervous. We decided to try the little Jib Jab slide first to see how she liked it and once she went down that, she was all set!
Awww! Glad she was so brave!
I guess they're in high demand down there! She ended up taking the DME and arrived around 11:30, so I guess two hours is better than the three hours it took us!
Strange there were no Ubers available but glad she got their safely.
Up next, our first park day…where would we go??
Magic Kingdom!!!!!!

Aww, Ava is just so darned cute playing in the sand, loving life. :) Someday I'll stay at the YC and get to try out that pool.

I've had mixed results with Trattoria. Some have been downright yuck, and others have been okay, never great. Gingerbeer is strong (love it in a Mule!) but to drink it straight would be overpowering. But the thought was sweet and love that she tried. ::yes::

Hmmm, first park: AK!

I told them to just drop it off and they did
Some of the deliery services won't leave it with bell services. and now with some of the fees that they hotels have, I think they worry about people complaining. I can't keep up on who does what these days.

All told our lunch took about 1 1/2 hours…and with it being such a small, in-demand place, you'd think they'd move a little faster
Seriously! You bill must have been so small!

When she brought the tea, she also brought me ginger beer and explained that it's not actually beer, it's more like soda but the ginger might help settle my stomach. That was so nice of her! I took a couple sips of the ginger beer and it was absolutely disgusting, but I so appreciated her thoughtfulness!
That was really nice! Ginger Beer is REALLY strong. But ginger is to help with upset stomach. But it is def an aquired taste, and especially straight! I used to suck down ginger altoids when I was pregnant and had terrible morning sickness.

Unfortunately, there were no Ubers available…is that a thing?
I have heard that ubers are in high demand since the pandemic. And I am guessing more and more people don't want to use that crappy magic express!

I am, thanks! ☺
Good! :goodvibes
I'm sorry, I do hope your border opens soon and you can start making up for lost time too!
Me too. Meeeee toooooo.
I think they were also only half-loading busses due to social distancing,
Oh, of course. D'uh! I should've thought of that.
Funny you said this because a few days later I was taking this exact pic at the pool...
:lmao:
and Allie was laying next to me and said the same thing about the hotdogs! :rotfl2:
:laughing:
Awwww...

nothing like a Disney sleep. Especially for the littles.
:rolleyes1
they were supposed to be delivered this day…to CT…while we were in FL :sad2:
:sad2:
Perfect timing.
I didn't know that people were having trouble!
What? Why???
Yeah, I mean... what the what???

Glad they didn't lose that. :)
Ava is eyeing that burger...........
it was freezing in there
Gotta keep the ice cream from melting ya know.
All told our lunch took about 1 1/2 hours…
That's... long. Especially for what you guys ate. I mean... how long does it take to make a burger???
yay!
we could see Ava playing in the part of the pool she loved...
I love that they have sand for the kids to play in. :)
My plan was to walk up with her and then walk back down and have my mom waiting at the end. However, she took one look at the slide from the ground and I could tell she was nervous. We decided to try the little Jib Jab slide first to see how she liked it and once she went down that, she was all set!
So... does that mean she did go down the big slide? Or was happy with the little one??
She had brought her little camera and was taking pictures of random people who, thankfully, were so nice about it and actually ended up posing for her!
:goodvibes
Her dad works at our airport so he stayed at the gate with her until she boarded,
which was nice.
That worked out well. :)
said to our server that my tummy isn't feeling great. When she brought the tea, she also brought me ginger beer and explained that it's not actually beer, it's more like soda but the ginger might help settle my stomach. That was so nice of her!
Very nice. ::yes::
I took a couple sips of the ginger beer and it was absolutely disgusting, but I so appreciated her thoughtfulness!
:rotfl:
"Here. Drink this. It won't settle your stomach, but it'll make you forget about it!"
Unfortunately, there were no Ubers available…is that a thing?
I guess... if you remove DME (or at least as much of it as there used to be) and don't increase the car services.... I guess so?

Hi, Kelly!!!

Hi Jackie! :wave2:

What an AMAZING graduation gift/trip!!! I can't wait til you get to go and do all the things and report back, so I can plan to do it, too!!!

I will definitely report back! They have a year to get back to "normal," that's enough time, right??

Our 15th Anniversary cruise was cancelled for this June, so we moved it to June 2022.

Aw, that's a bummer but at least you still have it to look forward to. Are you going to change to the Wish??

I'm so glad you shared some of the clips on FB because she was so great as Audrey!!

Aw, thanks!

Rob and I took our picture with them at the first NYE party we attended at the Contemporary a few years ago (it's my profile pic on FB right now!)

I just had to go back and check…such a cute pic! Those little topiaries sure get around!

My Mom used to be able to share a bed when we did trips with Jimmy, but we both get miserable sleep these days (and blame it on each other, LOL!)

Oh, lord! That does NOT sound like fun! I have a hard enough time sleeping in the same room as my mom cuz she snores! Lol!

:welcome:

That's one problem we Canadians don't have. They won't ship to us so we always pick up our Magic Bands at the front desk.

At this point, you're better off! We have to order some more bands for our August trip (for they boys and Ava since she lost hers by the end of the week!) and I was just telling my mom we should do it soon so we don't run into this issue again!

That's weird that they wouldn't just drop it off.

I think it was the driver's issue…not a great experience with Amazon Prime this time :sad2:

Magic Kingdom!!!!!!

Aww, Ava is just so darned cute playing in the sand, loving life.

Yes, and we learned the hard way…do not let her take off her swim suit in the middle of the room…either that, or we need to pack a broom next time!

Someday I'll stay at the YC and get to try out that pool.

You should! It's heavenly, though I'm a sucker for any Disney pool ::yes::

I've had mixed results with Trattoria. Some have been downright yuck, and others have been okay, never great.

I wish I had an opinion. I know Ava didn't like her kid pizza, but I don't remember what my mom got or what she thought of it. I know she didn't like it as much as she loved Mama Melrose later in the week, if that says anything!

Gingerbeer is strong (love it in a Mule!) but to drink it straight would be overpowering.

Is that what's in a Mule?? Wow! I had no idea… and note to self…do not try a Mule!

But the thought was sweet and love that she tried. ::yes::

So, so sweet. She literally didn't have to do anything but bring my tea. It was definitely appreciated :goodvibes

Hmmm, first park: AK!

Some of the deliery services won't leave it with bell services. and now with some of the fees that they hotels have, I think they worry about people complaining. I can't keep up on who does what these days.

I think it was an issue with the driver because I think Amazon Prime does drop off. Kind of a weird, not so great experience. I'm going to have to research our options for August.

Seriously! You bill must have been so small!

Lol! That was the one advantage of not eating!

That was really nice! Ginger Beer is REALLY strong. But ginger is to help with upset stomach. But it is def an aquired taste, and especially straight! I used to suck down ginger altoids when I was pregnant and had terrible morning sickness.

I love ginger ale, but yes, this was VERY strong, and almost sickly sweet tasting :crazy2:

I have heard that ubers are in high demand since the pandemic. And I am guessing more and more people don't want to use that crappy magic express!

2022 should be VERY interesting!

I didn't know that people were having trouble!

I've heard intermittently that were were lines to get in. The week before was worse because it was Easter week. I don't know if we got lucky but we never had any trouble.

What? Why???

I think because I was floating in the lazy river and missed the texts, but still doesn't explain why they didn't just leave it with BS :confused3

Ava is eyeing that burger...........

I thinks she's eyeing the ketchup…"hurry up, Grammy!"

Gotta keep the ice cream from melting ya know.

Ahhh…so keep the whole place like a freezer. Makes sense now 🥶

I love that they have sand for the kids to play in. :)

I do too, but they need to stock the room with a broom!

So... does that mean she did go down the big slide? Or was happy with the little one??

Oh, sorry, that was confusing! After the Jib Jab slide, she was like, nope! Going back to the beach now!

"Here. Drink this. It won't settle your stomach, but it'll make you forget about it!"

:rotfl2:

Or, "drink this. It won't settle your stomach, but it'll make you sick in a different way!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter