The anti-dining trip report that could have been a disaster but ended up being Yacht-some!! April 2021 at The Yacht Club! Complete 11/5!

TRAVEL DAY AND THE NOT-SO-MAGICAL EXPRESS
APRIL 8, 2021

I usually start taking pictures as soon as I get up, or at least when I get in the car on travel day, but since I wasn't feeling good I didn't, and now I have no idea what time we left for the airport. But Mike (my DH) drove us to BDL which is about 30 minutes from our house and we had all our luggage checked and our boarding passes by 5:45 am and we were headed to our gate when I finally remember to take a pic!

Ava was so excited to use her Frozen suitcase that Santa had brought her!

After waiting in a fairly long line at Dunkin Donuts for coffee for my mom and tea for me, we headed to our gate. The airport was hopping busy this am and it seemed like any other years as far as traveling. We couldn't even find a seat so we stood to have our drinks but our plane was on time so we weren't waiting long anyway.

Just before we boarded, Ava went over to say hello to our plane.

With Ava with us, we were able to use family boarding
which is between the A and B boarding, and were in our seats by 7:16.

Ava wasn't scared at all and loved having the window seat.

We had a great, uneventful and drama free flight and landed at MCO little early...

I'm not going to lie, the was where the most frustrating (and challenging) part of our trip began. As you probably know, DME isn't doing the luggage delivery to your WDW resort any longer so we went to grab our luggage. Now consider our travel party…me, who still wasn't supposed to be lifting anything over 10 pounds, my 77 year old mom and a 5-year-old. This was tough. I rented one of the carts and managed to somehow drag our luggage onto it, but it wasn't easy. Luckily the carts are easy to push once they're loaded. At any other time, I wouldn't have missed the luggage delivery as much as I did this time and once DME stops after this year, I can see that being a deterrent for people like us. Thankfully, we had Allie on the way home who is young and strong and did the lifting for us :love:

So after the struggle of getting our luggage and getting to DME, the lines were absolutely crazy. All in all, our plane landed at 10:15 and we didn't get on a bus until almost 12:15. I think we must've just missed a bus for our resort because we were first in line but we waited about an hour and a half for the next bus…sigh.

It felt so good to finally get on a bus and with lots of tipping,
we never had to worry about our luggage after this.

The guy from Gold Mobility, where we rented our scooters from, had been texting me because we had arranged at 12:30 drop-off and we were still on the bus. Our last text was at 12:54 and I told him we were at The Boardwalk, so all told, it took almost 3 hours from our plane landing to get to our resort :faint: I think that's a new record for us and honestly, if it were just me I would have just called an Uber or Lyft.

Once we finally arrived at The YC, we got our scooters and tutorial from Gold's…they were soooo nice, by the way, and I would HIGHLY recommend renting a scooter from them if you ever needed to! We then grabbed our swim suits from our bags and gave the rest of our bags to bell services to store (since our room wasn't ready), and we hit the pool.

I don't think I mentioned yet that we didn't have park tickets until April 10th because this was the week following Easter and my Gold AP had this week blocked out. Honestly, having nothing to do and no pressure to hit the ground running was an absolutely perfect way to start a vacation. We literally had two (one and a half) resort days where we could just relax and not feel pressured to go anywhere, especially with how I was feeling!
See, this stuff all happens for a reason!

Ava wasted no time getting into this amazing pool,
while my mom and I relaxed in chairs nearby.

A couple hours later, we got the text that our room was ready.
I left them at the pool and went up to call Bell Services to deliver our luggage,
and let's be real, to take a million pictures of our room before we messed it up!

That's next!

Following along! And those 2 pictures you posted of Ava on the first post are a perfect representation of all Disney trips.

Following along! Just read through some of your older trip reports and loved them so looking forward to following along in real time. I was actually at the Swan from the 11th - 14th so looks like we were in the same neighborhood! :) We had a great time visiting then so hope you did too!

Following along! And those 2 pictures you posted of Ava on the first post are a perfect representation of all Disney trips.

Welcome! I love those pics of her because you're right! We've all been there at one time or another on our Disney trips!

Following along! Just read through some of your older trip reports and loved them so looking forward to following along in real time. I was actually at the Swan from the 11th - 14th so looks like we were in the same neighborhood! :) We had a great time visiting then so hope you did too!

Welcome! Wow, thanks for reading some of my older TRs! I see by your sig, you "get" my love for POFQ! I wish it would reopen soon!

How funny, we were neighbors for the week! The whole area is amazing!

Nice! It's good to have options. If I add on more points, I dream of adding on at BCV, but the 21 year end date makes me pause because it's not really a good value, especially compared with BLT and PVB, but that's the dream!
BCV is my favourite resort.... so I'm right there with you, but I can't justify the cost per point for that resort given the 21 year end date. I just book there whenever I see a room available. I've been able to stay 3 times so far and we've only been members for a few years.

OUR YACHT-SOME VIEW FROM 5175

Confession, when I first booked us at The Yacht Club, I wasn't super excited about it.
Mike and I stayed at The Beach Club in 2013 and loved it but in my mind,
I thought The YC was going to be stuffy and boring. Boy, was I wrong!
We absolutely LOVED The YC and now I'm worried about staying at The BC in August
that we won't like it as much!
I'm a crazy person :rotfl:

We had initially booked a Garden View room but I joined a YC/BC group on Facebook and when people started showing the views from their Water View rooms,
I priced out how much more it would be and we made the switch.

We were assigned the most amazing room…5175…which is technically a Club Level room but since there is no CL at the moment, it was just a very nice room with an awesome view :love:

I loved that they were still providing the small bottles of shampoo, etc...

Allie and I tried sharing the Queen bed the first night she arrived and we both had a completely miserable night :laughing: She wears her retainer to bed and kept taking them in and out and they were making clicking noises, and she says I was over on her side of the bed
(I wasn't!). Anyway, she ended up sleeping on the little pull down couch/sleeper sofa and we BOTH slept much better the rest of the week!

And the best part of our room...

We ended up spending lots of time on that balcony and relaxing :cloud9:

Up next, dinner and a Skyliner stroll.

BCV is my favourite resort.... so I'm right there with you, but I can't justify the cost per point for that resort given the 21 year end date. I just book there whenever I see a room available. I've been able to stay 3 times so far and we've only been members for a few years.

I know you're right and that makes so much sense. We were lucky to have booked the BCV last July (cancelled trip) and we also have it booked for this August, so maybe it isn't as hard to get in there…at least maybe the 2 bedroom villas might be ok to get at 7 months. And honestly, I do love both BLT and PVB so if we couldn't switch, that's ok too :-)

I'm so sorry... that is awful. Not a fun way for a 5 year old to spend their time.

That's good advice.

She was so good. She found a couple kids to run around with and she kept telling everyone that she was going to Walt Disney World and then was surprised to hear they were going to WDW too! It was really cute 😆

Balcony looks amazing - we didn't have one for our stay at the Swan but next time I'm there I would definitely splurge for a balcony even with the relatively little amount of time I usually spend in a resort room. Nothing like waking up and sitting on the balcony to start your day!

Ava was so excited to use her Frozen suitcase that Santa had brought her!
Could she be any cuter???
So after the struggle of getting our luggage and getting to DME, the lines were absolutely crazy. All in all, our plane landed at 10:15 and we didn't get on a bus until almost 12:15. I think we must've just missed a bus for our resort because we were first in line but we waited about an hour and a half for the next bus…sigh.
Such a long wait! That must have horrible for you.
I don't think I mentioned yet that we didn't have park tickets until April 10th because this was the week following Easter and my Gold AP had this week blocked out. Honestly, having nothing to do and no pressure to hit the ground running was an absolutely perfect way to start a vacation. We literally had two (one and a half) resort days where we could just relax and not feel pressured to go anywhere, especially with how I was feeling!
Starting a trip off with resort days sounds absolutely perfect!
Confession, when I first booked us at The Yacht Club, I wasn't super excited about it.
We absolutely LOVED The YC and now I'm worried about staying at The BC in August
I adore the Yacht Club! Now that I bought into DVC, my plan is to stretch my points by doing a couple of nights each stay as a cash reservation. Plus it gives me a chance to check out some other resorts! :)
llie and I tried sharing the Queen bed the first night she arrived and we both had a completely miserable night :laughing: She wears her retainer to bed and kept taking them in and out and they were making clicking noises, and she says I was over on her side of the bed
(I wasn't!). Anyway, she ended up sleeping on the little pull down couch/sleeper sofa and we BOTH slept much better the rest of the week!
Those pull down couches are pretty comfy!
That view is to die for!:goodvibes

OUR YACHT-SOME VIEW FROM 5175

We had initially booked a Garden View room but I joined a YC/BC group on Facebook and when people started showing the views from their Water View rooms,
I priced out how much more it would be and we made the switch.

We were assigned the most amazing room…5175…which is technically a Club Level room but since there is no CL at the moment, it was just a very nice room with an awesome view :love:

View attachment 575053

View attachment 575054

View attachment 575055

I loved that they were still providing the small bottles of shampoo, etc...
View attachment 575056

Allie and I tried sharing the Queen bed the first night she arrived and we both had a completely miserable night :laughing: She wears her retainer to bed and kept taking them in and out and they were making clicking noises, and she says I was over on her side of the bed
View attachment 575058

View attachment 575059

And the best part of our room...
View attachment 575064

View attachment 575060

View attachment 575061

Up next, dinner and a Skyliner stroll.

That was the perfect room, that view :love:
We LOVE the Yacht Club, we will be there in 78 days.

YC is my favorite resort with BC a close second . Just love being able to walk to two parks especially when there is a festival . ( which is pretty much all the time now 😀)

Balcony looks amazing - we didn't have one for our stay at the Swan but next time I'm there I would definitely splurge for a balcony even with the relatively little amount of time I usually spend in a resort room. Nothing like waking up and sitting on the balcony to start your day!

I'm a sucker for a good balcony and really miss it when we don't have one. Even if we only step out there in the morning and the evening, it's just so relaxing. Plus, we are and have always been "relax in the room a bit," kind of people, rather than "get up at dawn and don't see the room again until 10pm," kind of people. Sometimes we get back to our room on our mid-day breaks and end up not wanting to leave it, even if we had planned to!

More, please! Thank you for taking the time to make this fabulous TR!

Haha! Thanks for reading!

Could she be any cuter???

Nope! But I might be a little bias :rotfl: Thanks!

Such a long wait! That must have horrible for you.

It wasn't great, especially with how I was feeling. My mom and I took turns leaving the luggage to go sit on one of the two benches available to sit on. If Mears continues to run their bus service like this in 2022, I will definitely be looking elsewhere for my transportation needs.

Starting a trip off with resort days sounds absolutely perfect!

It was! But of course for our August and October trips, I already have park plans for the first days!

I adore the Yacht Club! Now that I bought into DVC, my plan is to stretch my points by doing a couple of nights each stay as a cash reservation.

I can see why! That's a good idea and if we ever need to stretch a vacation, it'll be tops on my list of places to stay!

YC is my favorite resort with BC a close second . Just love being able to walk to two parks especially when there is a festival . ( which is pretty much all the time now 😀)

I am absolutely a YC convert…I can't believe I thought I wouldn't like it! It is perfect for the festivals! Do you have a favorite one? I think I'm partial to the F&G but I do love F&W and Festival of the Holidays. Still haven't made it to FArts, but hope to someday!

Following!
My gosh... what a view!!! 😍

:welcome:

Thanks for reading!!

I am absolutely a YC convert…I can't believe I thought I wouldn't like it! It is perfect for the festivals! Do you have a favorite one? I think I'm partial to the F&G but I do love F&W and Festival of the Holidays. Still haven't made it to FArts, but hope to someday!

I give a slight edge to F&G over F&W. The only time I have been to the Holidays was last year when it was very pared down but hope to go again when it is in full swing . I haven’t made it to FARTS either but hope to someday like you .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter