SAPPHIRE FALLS thread........

Impressed with the ease of the process when there is a rate drop at Sapphire Bay..there was a small rate drop for Sapphire Bay. Thought that the reservation would have to be cancelled, re booked, and wait for a credit to my credit card. They were able to “adjust” the reservation rather than a cancel and rebook. Quite pleased! Every little bit counts!:banana::thumbsup2Must have too much on my mind. I was "thinking" somehow that we had 2 nights booked, thus the adjustment on the rate would be applied when we checked out on the total bill. BUT, we only have 1 night booked, have paid for this reservation already. I will call back Customer Service later, but when is the $10.00 "adjustment" applied to an already charged reservation on my Visa? Was the credit applied yesterday when the Customer Service agent adjusted the reservation or will the $10.00 credit be processed when we check in or out?:confused:Called customer service just now, $10.00 credit was processed yesterday, day that the price decrease was applied to reservation, 7 to 10 business days to hit the credit card.

Last edited:
I stumbled upon a great rate for a King Suite with adjoining 2 queen room. We were originally booked in a standard room at Portofino when it was only going to be the three of us (hubby and 23 year old son), but now my 19 yr old daughter will be joining us and we are suddenly 4 adults. I'm very excited about staying here, having seen the pictures and hearing great things about this resort. I've seen the floor plans of the suite, but couldn't find any pictures showing the suite with the adjoining room. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I stumbled upon a great rate for a King Suite with adjoining 2 queen room. We were originally booked in a standard room at Portofino when it was only going to be the three of us (hubby and 23 year old son), but now my 19 yr old daughter will be joining us and we are suddenly 4 adults. I'm very excited about staying here, having seen the pictures and hearing great things about this resort. I've seen the floor plans of the suite, but couldn't find any pictures showing the suite with the adjoining room. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I hope someone comes along with an image of the King Suite and adjoining room at Sapphire.....:thumbsup2

I`ve only stayed in the Sapphire Suite and Hospitality Suites over there...….and the suites are truly beautiful......I`m sure you`ll all love it......We honestly can`t rave about this hotel enough too!!!!

I hope someone comes along with an image of the King Suite and adjoining room at Sapphire.....:thumbsup2

I`ve only stayed in the Sapphire Suite and Hospitality Suites over there...….and the suites are truly beautiful......I`m sure you`ll all love it......We honestly can`t rave about this hotel enough too!!!!
Well if no one posts pictures, I will when we come back from May trip.

Really enjoyed our recent 1 night stay at Sapphire Falls, 3 nights off site at Hilton Grand Vacations Tuscany! Took advantage of the early entry on Thursday morning; great, no crowds at all. Sapphire was very clean, honored our requests, high floor, away from elevator noise, lovely room! Was very easy purchasing our AP for DH and me and promotional buy 2 get 2 free passes at the Vacation Desk located across lobby from front desk for others. Hotel looked very pretty decorated for Christmas! Ate at Strong Water Tavern, the sliders and fries were delicious. Didn't get to use the pool, but pool area looked beautiful. Front desk was very accommodating to give us 1 extra hour for checkout. Typically stay at HR or RP, but wanted to save some $ and try Sapphire Falls as I didn't think we needed the EP for last Thursday, Dec. 13th, was correct. Thursday and Friday were low crowds, but Saturday, Dec. 15th was very crowded.:eek: Wondered if that was because of the Manheim Steamroller Concert was on Saturday, but could have used the EP that day. Our DS were "spoiled" by the EP from previous trips, but we all made due and had a fabulous fun trip. Was hoping to do Volcano Bay on Friday, but it was misty and cloudy all day, so we passed this time. Looking forward to another trip when we can do VB! Would definitely recommend Sapphire Falls, immaculate and so convenient. We took boat to park and walked back, so easy! We ate at Vivo on Saturday evening, had a reservation for eight of us, at 8:30, which was honored on time. Delicious food and great service, abundant bread service, very attentive waiter, Joe. Hi, to Joe from NY, so attentive and personable! First time for our new DIL to Universal, she had such a great time! Loved the free parking on our preferred AP and the food and merchandise discounts! Will be back soon we hope! THANK YOU :banana:to all for all the "ins and outs" and tips of ticketing, restaurant advice, park tips!:thumbsup2:thanks:

Last edited:
Can somebody confirm that this map is correct ? In particular I need to know if the WING 3 is the closest to the boat dock. In other maps what is numbered "3" in the map below is instead numbered "1" - thanks Laura
loews-sapphire-falls-resort-map.jpg

Can somebody confirm that this map is correct ? In particular I need to know if the WING 3 is the closest to the boat dock. In other maps what is numbered "3" in the map below is instead numbered "1" - thanks Laura
loews-sapphire-falls-resort-map.jpg
We were in Tower 3. It was very close and convenient. I was told that dogs are not allowed in Tower 3; worked for us, didn’t want a pet friendly room or tower.

Thanks for letting me know about Tower 3. I too cannot have a room that had or has pets. Was just going to ask which tower. First time staying here in early October.

This post is so full of useful information and amazing pictures! We (myself, DH and DD (11)) are heading to Universal for the first time in April and have 5 nights booked at Sapphire Falls. I am *so* excited after reading this whole thread, it really sounds fantastic! Even though it'll be crazy-busy (Easter week), we will not be purchasing Express Pass, but are hoping that with the "Buy 2, Get 2" promotion, we'll have plenty of time to see and do everything we want. I think our plan will be to do the early entry mornings and stay in the parks til mid-day, then enjoy the resort in the afternoon and then who knows what in the evenings - more park time? CityWalk? It's all so new to us! I know we'll be overwhelmed, but I'm sure in the best way possible.

This post is so full of useful information and amazing pictures! We (myself, DH and DD (11)) are heading to Universal for the first time in April and have 5 nights booked at Sapphire Falls. I am *so* excited after reading this whole thread, it really sounds fantastic! Even though it'll be crazy-busy (Easter week), we will not be purchasing Express Pass, but are hoping that with the "Buy 2, Get 2" promotion, we'll have plenty of time to see and do everything we want. I think our plan will be to do the early entry mornings and stay in the parks til mid-day, then enjoy the resort in the afternoon and then who knows what in the evenings - more park time? CityWalk? It's all so new to us! I know we'll be overwhelmed, but I'm sure in the best way possible.

You’ll love it!!!!

And I’m so glad you’ve found this thread helpful.......we appreciate that!!

Although we always stayed mainly at RPR.....we adore Sapphire Falls and now split our stays between both hotels...they are joined together so it’s an easy walk from one to another for us......

You have a good plan to do early entry.....it will be busy, but least you’re prepared.......and spending time at the resort is a lovely way to spend the afternoon........:thumbsup2

Really enjoyed our recent 1 night stay at Sapphire Falls, 3 nights off site at Hilton Grand Vacations Tuscany! Took advantage of the early entry on Thursday morning; great, no crowds at all. Sapphire was very clean, honored our requests, high floor, away from elevator noise, lovely room! Was very easy purchasing our AP for DH and me and promotional buy 2 get 2 free passes at the Vacation Desk located across lobby from front desk for others. Hotel looked very pretty decorated for Christmas! Ate at Strong Water Tavern, the sliders and fries were delicious. Didn't get to use the pool, but pool area looked beautiful. Front desk was very accommodating to give us 1 extra hour for checkout. Typically stay at HR or RP, but wanted to save some $ and try Sapphire Falls as I didn't think we needed the EP for last Thursday, Dec. 13th, was correct. Thursday and Friday were low crowds, but Saturday, Dec. 15th was very crowded.:eek: Wondered if that was because of the Manheim Steamroller Concert was on Saturday, but could have used the EP that day. Our DS were "spoiled" by the EP from previous trips, but we all made due and had a fabulous fun trip. Was hoping to do Volcano Bay on Friday, but it was misty and cloudy all day, so we passed this time. Looking forward to another trip when we can do VB! Would definitely recommend Sapphire Falls, immaculate and so convenient. We took boat to park and walked back, so easy! We ate at Vivo on Saturday evening, had a reservation for eight of us, at 8:30, which was honored on time. Delicious food and great service, abundant bread service, very attentive waiter, Joe. Hi, to Joe from NY, so attentive and personable! First time for our new DIL to Universal, she had such a great time! Loved the free parking on our preferred AP and the food and merchandise discounts! Will be back soon we hope! THANK YOU :banana:to all for all the "ins and outs" and tips of ticketing, restaurant advice, park tips!:thumbsup2:thanks:
Hi. I was reading through your post and saw the part about free parking. Does Preferred AP get free parking at the hotel? Thanks!

Hi. I was reading through your post and saw the part about free parking. Does Preferred AP get free parking at the hotel? Thanks!
No the hotel parking is not a benefit of the preferred pass, I believe self parking was $22 at the hotel per night.

Finding a king suite at SF is like finding a unicorn, I can’t wait for some pictures!

Sorry, someone else is going to have to come up with some pictures. Just changed our reservation to 2 rooms at Portofino with an APH rate and saved ourselves a few hundred.

we don't travel until december but i'm starting to make plans and have a few questions-

wet bar in saphire suite-any utensils/plates or just a couple of glasses/cups for coffee?

saphire suite (or other rooms)-dvd or blu ray players? if not, tv's able to be hooked up to one if we bring our own?

deliveries-can your make an order from say walmart or amazon to have delivered to the hotel for arrival prior to stay and if so any hotel charge to hold/any hours during which you can't retrieve (in case our flights arrive late at night)? i'm guessing for any perishable food items it's better to do a grocery pick-up on the way from the airport b/c otherwise it would have to be timed for when you've already checked in and then you have to waste time staying in the room and waiting for delivery.
*along the same lines-is there a walmart near/on the way from the airport that tony (? i think that's the name of the person highly recommended) can stop at for a grocery stop? are there any other grocery stores on the way anyone would recommend (and if we could do an on-line preorder for pickup that would be a bonus b/c then it's just grabbing a few fresh items like some fruit and milk w/the bulk of the shopping all ready done for us)?

microwaves-i see that if available, they are $15 plus tax per night. am i nuts or has anyone else ever stopped at walmart and gotten a $50 new one to just take and leave at the end of stay (the break even point is 3 days and we are staying for 10 so it seems nuts to rent one)?

thanks for any advice/guidance.

we don't travel until december but i'm starting to make plans and have a few questions-

wet bar in saphire suite-any utensils/plates or just a couple of glasses/cups for coffee?

saphire suite (or other rooms)-dvd or blu ray players? if not, tv's able to be hooked up to one if we bring our own?

deliveries-can your make an order from say walmart or amazon to have delivered to the hotel for arrival prior to stay and if so any hotel charge to hold/any hours during which you can't retrieve (in case our flights arrive late at night)? i'm guessing for any perishable food items it's better to do a grocery pick-up on the way from the airport b/c otherwise it would have to be timed for when you've already checked in and then you have to waste time staying in the room and waiting for delivery.
*along the same lines-is there a walmart near/on the way from the airport that tony (? i think that's the name of the person highly recommended) can stop at for a grocery stop? are there any other grocery stores on the way anyone would recommend (and if we could do an on-line preorder for pickup that would be a bonus b/c then it's just grabbing a few fresh items like some fruit and milk w/the bulk of the shopping all ready done for us)?

microwaves-i see that if available, they are $15 plus tax per night. am i nuts or has anyone else ever stopped at walmart and gotten a $50 new one to just take and leave at the end of stay (the break even point is 3 days and we are staying for 10 so it seems nuts to rent one)?

I remember talk of someone planning to buy a microwave and something else to cook in their room and were told they weren't allowed as they hadn't been checked and passed as safe for use in the hotel.

You would probably be told to remove them, housekeeping will certainly report anything that`s not supposed to be there and not allowed.

No idea on how you would plug something like that in as we never have, maybe someone else has.

The Sapphire Suite has two glasses beside the bottled water in the bedroom.

i-NDV6SZG-XL.jpg

i-783wxMx-XL.jpg

The Hospitality Suite we had has a microwave, have no clue what the price difference is between the two.

i-ckZmvMn-XL.jpg

I can answer about deliveries. Here now and I ordered Amazon Prime for delivery because I understood bell services would accept it. As it happens, they no longer accept deliveries, you have to meet the delivery person in the lobby. I spent most of Sunday afternoon straightening this out so just know beforehand, you have to be present to accept them, even if there is no alcohol in your order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter