The All New Grand Floridian FAQ - APRIL 2010

Congrats to you guys! Wow the suite looks amazing, that would be my dream come true.

Congratulations on your engagement, that suite looks incredible.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms here!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday!:rose:

Pralines & Cheese - Congratulations!:goodvibes What a magical trip, and how romantic.:cloud9: I'm glad the Magic won, icing on the cake.

Awesome upgrade, thank you very much for the review, and the photos. Do you mind if I put the suite photos on the first page?

tobin04 - so close!:banana::yay::banana:

MommyGina - Not much longer, how are you and your family doing?:hug:

Thanks for the congratulations, everyone! We're sure happy! :thumbsup2

k&a&c'smom: Sure, no problem. Unfortunately, I don't have too many where my girl is not in a picture on tippie toes, grinning and showcasing the suite as if she were a hostess on the Price Is Right. However, I have managed to add a few more for documentary evidence.

By the way, we also found the towels by the pool, thanks very much!

So, I realized that the wide pic of the suite was badly stitched in Photoshop, so I redid that one.

GrandSuite2.jpg

Here's a close-up of the wet bar. I remember that some people asked about Keurig coffee machines, and the suite has one, seen next to the microwave. I guess this is an American competitor to Nespresso?

IMG_0063.jpg

T.V. hutch in the main bedroom

IMG_0077.jpg

King bed in the main bedroom

IMG_0079.jpg

Twin vanities off the main bedroom, leading the the toilet, shower & jacuzzi rooms. Flat screen t.v. ensures that one never miss a depressing minute of news while brushing one's teeth. Phone to call mom, in case you get stuck.

IMG_0082.jpg

The shower. It's hard to get a sense of scale from the picture, but it's very big. Enough room for the cast of Fame to stage a small dance production, I believe.

IMG_0087.jpg

Entering the jacuzzi room, and looking back to the entrance. Again, the sense of scale is hard to judge in the photos, but the tub would fit two adults + Mickey & Minnie with no problem.

IMG_0088.jpg
IMG_0092.jpg

The previous panaroma skyline view was stitched from shots off of 4 of the 5 balconies. Unfortunately, my fifth shot cannot be stitched in very well, but it's a view of the marina, taken from the guest bedroom balcony.

IMG_0056.jpg

Upright piano

IMG_0210.jpg

Writing desk

IMG_0207.jpg

Guest bedroom

IMG_0070.jpg

Guest vanity

IMG_0067.jpg

WOW. Congratulations on your engagement. That room looks AMAZING. What was the view like? How much does that cost if you were to pay it out of pocket?

Thanks, and the room was amazing! Short stay, but I guess that was a part of the luck for the upgrade. The views were great, everything from the marina across to the Polynesian and in-between. Epcot ball, Space Mountain, Contemporary Hotel, Wedding Chapel, Cinderella Castle, etc.

I think though, that the normal TPV rooms have a better view of the castle, because from the suite you're looking across the roofs of Sago Cay and Conch Key - which are just slightly above tree level from the room POV. Mostly it's the same level of detail, but to me it looks better with the tree line visible, for instance when I compare with minniesota's post.

IMG_0058.jpg

As to cost, it's certainly enough that I'd never want to pay for it without a generous expense account. I believe it's upwards of 2K per night, depending on the season. A week of that, and that's a substantial chunk on a new home deposit. In some lands, that'd be the new home, the village, the local grocer and some starter children to kick-start a family life.

Cheers,

P&C

p.s. Here's my pic of the lobby

GrandFloridianLobby.jpg

And the traditional Polynesian method to use pancakes and pineapples to deliver butter to your gullet

IMG_0011.jpg

Pralines & Cheese congratulations on your engagement! That suite upgrade was suitable reward for all the sweetness and thought that went into your proposal plans. May your life together be as wonderful.

And the traditional Polynesian method to use pancakes and pineapples to deliver butter to your gullet

Did she know that she was getting a comedian?

Pralines and Cheese-Did you guys utilize the club lounge at all? What kind of "appetizer" offerings were there in the evenings??? I'm hoping that will be a light dinner for us on our trip!

Thanks, Pralines & Cheese, for the wonderful review, and the photos. I've put most of them on the front page, so that new readers can find them.:goodvibes

I agree with followthatmouse, your commentary was amusing. Especially, ...Flat screen t.v. ensures that one never miss a depressing minute of news while brushing one's teeth. Phone to call mom, in case you get stuck. Or need a shoulder to cry on!;)

Pralines and Cheese-Did you guys utilize the club lounge at all? What kind of "appetizer" offerings were there in the evenings??? I'm hoping that will be a light dinner for us on our trip!

I've posted a fairly lengthy description of the lounge offerings, but can't recall the page number at the moment. (my brain won't cooperate today, lol) I referred to my notes from last August, and the evening hors d'oeuvres were things like spinach turnovers; salmon & cream cheese on chips; hummus on toast triangles; chicken bites in sesame sauce; raspberry brie en croute; shrimp & cucumber; duck bruschetta; quesadillas; California rolls; beef bruschetti. (usually two hot and two cold per evening) Every night there were several good cheeses (blue, smoked gouda, Manchego, brie), a tray with cheese squares (cheddar, swiss, etc.) with an assortment of crackers and crudites with dip.

Children's table would have chicken nuggets, ham and cheese pinwheels, pb&j, etc.

Mmmm... I forgot about the kids table! Perfect! Thanks! I'm so excited, I just can't wait!

Has anyone watched the space shuttle take off from the GF? Is there a good place to watch it from? It looks like it's scheduled to take off at 9 a.m. on the 16, so it would be great if we could see it from somewhere on the GF property. I'm not against walking over the the Poly, either-I think I read you can see it from the Poly beach? Thoughts?

Every time we've been in WDW during a shuttle launch, you can see it from anywhere! Orlando is so close to Cape Canaveral, it is very easy to see. Just make sure you are outside at the appropriate time, and look up.;) Seriously, if you are around people, more than likely, someone will be looking and pointing.

We've watched it from smack in the middle of the MK, and once stopped our car on the side of Osceola Parkway. Grabbing a lounger or hammock on the GF beach would probably be a great way to pass the time.

ETA: with only 2 days to go, I'll bet you are excited!:dance3:

Thanks, Pralines & Cheese, for the wonderful review, and the photos. I've put most of them on the front page, so that new readers can find them.:goodvibes

I agree with followthatmouse, your commentary was amusing. Especially, ...Flat screen t.v. ensures that one never miss a depressing minute of news while brushing one's teeth. Phone to call mom, in case you get stuck. Or need a shoulder to cry on!;)

I agree, your commentary had me cracking up!!

Is it wrong to be in love with that suite? Because I think I just might be!!

Thanks so much for the tips! I really hope it goes the day they have scheduled now-it's Monday morning, so a perfect time to get a cup of coffee and head down to a hammock and watch! I really want my oldest to see it. She won't understand it now, necessarily, but hopefully it'll be something she remembers!!!

Yes-2 days! And our flight leaves at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday-direct!!! We should be at the GF in time for a late lunch, I hope!

Very nice, I'll cross my fingers that your room is ready right at check in.:wizard: Our family is leaving in 3 days for our big beach vacay, so we are excited as well.:yay:

I'm with you, mssmith1026 - it's hard not to fall in love with that gorgeous suite.:lovestruc

Very nice, I'll cross my fingers that your room is ready right at check in.:wizard: Our family is leaving in 3 days for our big beach vacay, so we are excited as well.:yay:

I'm with you, mssmith1026 - it's hard not to fall in love with that gorgeous suite.:lovestruc

What beach are you headed to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter