The All New Grand Floridian FAQ - APRIL 2010

YAY! :banana: New FAQ! Thanks k&a&c'smom!

BethClayton - I realized the same thing as you about the Poly GV and GF GV room prices earlier this year! I love the GF for all the reasons you listed, but I also love the Poly for all the reasons that johnsonet said! It's a tough choice but isn't it a great dilemma to have?!?! :)

ETA: Hmmm.... what happened to my ticker???

Thanks for the kind words today regarding the new FAQ! I really feel that everyone has contributed to the thread over the years, so all the posters here deserve the credit.:grouphug:

LittleLulu - thanks! Yes, post photos, I hope everybody will post some beautiful room and view photos in these first few pages, so that newcomers can see them.

P&B's Mom - I agree with the previous posters, tea in the club lounges is nice, but it isn't the full experience. We always book afternoon tea in the Garden View Lounge, even when we stay club level.

ETA: Oops! I forgot your questions about price and length. Prices for a la carte items run from around $3 to $10-$12 for the cheese/sandwich plates. There are set teas that include choice of tea, sandwiches, scones, and dessert choice for around $20 per guest. You can stay as long as you like, but we are generally there for about an hour or so, I think.

LindsayGirl271 - Your dining plans sound wonderful. I did have one suggestion - do you want to travel all the way to AKL on two days in a row? If you will be at AK both of those days, or have a car, no big deal. But I might think about doing Boma for breakfast, spending the day at AK, then Jiko at dinner the same day. Just a suggestion, you may have your reasons for booking that way.

Best of luck with your planning!:goodvibes You'll love the Grand!

Pics of a Lodge Tower Room on the 2nd floor...Sugar Loaf.

our balcony on the 2nd floor, the only other is on the 3rd.

Loved the room we had and the sofa bed was comfortable!
(according to DS, he was 17 at the time!):)

thank you tami, johnsonet, and bcv! and i totally agree... this may possibly be the best dilemma i've ever had! literally!

johnsonet, I forgot to say how much I enjoyed the photos of the standard rooms. You may think they're "not the best," but I think they are gorgeous!

Random (I think) monorail shot from this past trip:

photo-1.jpg

thisis WONDERFUL !! we get to stay at the GF in Sept... we've never been there but are SOOOOO excited to stay there. it's going to be fun to see all the pics on your thread! :cool1:

Thank you tammi and heatherlynn for your help.

I am so excited and will love checking this thread for great information. Thank you for all of your hard work. It is fun and a great resource. :)

Some pics of mine and DH's favorite room. It is a standard King room RPC, next to one of the turret's, but this is what the rooms are like next to them.

Pics are of #4429. (before rehab)

HUGE Bathroom!

View of Turret suite next door!

Loved the wraparound balcony!

Thanks k&a&c'smom for the new thread! It makes me even more excited about upcoming June GF stay for DD10 and I! :banana::banana::banana:

My daughter and I just booked my daughter's 29th birthday trip at the GF and we are so excited. This Thread is going to be great for us to gather information to make our trip the best ever. We are so excited to stay at the GF and never imagined we would be able to stay at such a magnificent resort. We booked a Garden View and any tips anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated. We are going September 2 to the 7th, getting the deluxe dining plan. Is it possible to request a specific view? Any imput would be appreciated. We would like a water view and to be able to see the fireworks and a convenient location to be near the monorail and main hotel.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give us. :hippie::wizard::dance3::woohoo::cheer2:

We booked a Garden View and any tips anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible to request a specific view? Any imput would be appreciated. We would like a water view and to be able to see the fireworks and a convenient location to be near the monorail and main hotel.
The rooms in Sago Cay which face the marina, are in the garden view category. Typically you aren't going to be able to see the fireworks from any garden view room, but in Sago Cay, you can basically step outside the building and there they'll be. You can also request a high floor in Boca Chica, overlooking Narcoossee's. Some of these rooms offer an obstructed castle view. From any of the buildings, you aren't more than a 7 minute walk to the monorail platform and only about 3-4 minutes to the main building.

Because you'll be there during a fairly non-busy time, I would skip on-line check in and go through the regular registration line. That way, you can take your time and talk personally with the CM to see if they do have any garden views that might give you what you want. I know some corner rooms offer a 2nd balcony with a water view, but I don't know which buildings these are in. To me, it would be worth asking about. You never know.

has anyone ever ordered lunch by the pool and how was it? What did you order? I understand it's off of the Private Dining menu?

Thanks!

We are looking for places to run nearby. We have run on the brick path to the Polynesian but looking for some longer routes nearby. Any suggestions? cjbear

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!