The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (July 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl:The girl can't help it.....let's see if she stays at WL/Poly or if she sneaks a change in when she gets there. I miss her already...

Oh, and I'm researching for my girls trip:goodvibes

What?? I thought WL???!! Hmmm....CR would be an excellent choice...no doubt about it! Bigger rooms, monorail access, close to MK, excellent views of Bay Lake and MK, close to 7 wonderful restaurants...need I say more?:rolleyes1

I can't blame her because we know how great the Contemporary is.

Bet KOOK is on her IPhone as we type...looking at the CR pics riding down I-95!!:rotfl:

:wave2: KOOK

My parents may be coming to join us for our stay at the Contemporary. Last year they got majorly lost following Garmin directions to the All-Stars, so the fewer roads the better. It also took them forever so i'm looking for a short distance coming south from the Turnpike and thinking about having them use Western Expressway as we did last year.

My question is can guest access the following: County Road 535 (Ficquette-Hancock Road) to Reams Road to Center Drive to World Drive and come in by Space Mountain to access the Contemporary? This is also the route we plan to take and want to make sure it is not off limits to guests at some point because it does sort of go back stage. Sorry to challenge you guys geographically, but I feel it would be easiest/fastest way?

Anyone travel this route?:)

My parents may be coming to join us for our stay at the Contemporary. Last year they got majorly lost following Garmin directions to the All-Stars, so the fewer roads the better. It also took them forever so i'm looking for a short distance coming south from the Turnpike and thinking about having them use Western Expressway as we did last year.

My question is can guest access the following: County Road 535 (Ficquette-Hancock Road) to Reams Road to Center Drive to World Drive and come in by Space Mountain to access the Contemporary? This is also the route we plan to take and want to make sure it is not off limits to guests at some point because it does sort of go back stage. Sorry to challenge you guys geographically, but I feel it would be easiest/fastest way?

Anyone travel this route?:)
In the past my family and I have went on Reams Road when going to the Winter Garden Shopping Village, so yes anyone is allowed to drive in that area.

I don't think it's quite as "magical" as coming in one of the main signed entrances to property, but it should save some time, traffic and confusion.

I seem to be having to click on the 2010 Thread and then your last post to be able to find this 2011 Contemporary thread. Am i missing it being in the listing of WDW resort FAQ links?:)

I don't think it's quite as "magical" as coming in one of the main signed entrances to property, but it should save some time, traffic and confusion.

I seem to be having to click on the 2010 Thread and then your last post to be able to find this 2011 Contemporary thread. Am i missing it being in the listing of WDW resort FAQ links?:)
You're welcome and it's the Resort Moderators that need to add the updated the FAQ thread list with our newest thread.

OH only about a 10 minute walk? it looks like it would be longer than that :) that's great.

how am I going to make it another 65 days? AHHHHHHHHHH

OH only about a 10 minute walk? it looks like it would be longer than that :) that's great.

how am I going to make it another 65 days? AHHHHHHHHHH
Incase you didn't see it on the 1st page is a picture of how the walkway route will look, so here it once again for you to see it.

MKwalkway.jpg

As for your 65 days I am sure the time will go by fast and at least it's fun to plan what you want to do when your down there.

Can someone answer this for me?

We are heavily considering renting points at BLT. 8 nights in a standard studio would come out to about $1500, a huge savings over rack!

But I do have apprehension about renting points, even if I do it through David's. Mostly about paying it all up front 11 months out. I will do it if I can't find a better option, though.

So I was looking at the price of a garden wing standard view at CR from the price list on the CR page on Disney's site. I calculated it out and if I got 8 nights at the price listed during our dates AND I scored a 40% off discount, I would still come within the price I am willing to pay.

But when I go through the reservation system at CR to check the total price, it tells me there are only garden view rooms, no standard available. Yet when I look up the official price list, there are standard views. What gives? Are ALL the CR standard view rooms in the wing already sold out for September 2012???? Is that even possible? Are there only a few standard view rooms?

Incase you didn't see it on the 1st page is a picture of how the walkway route will look, so here it once again for you to see it.

MKwalkway.jpg

As for your 65 days I am sure the time will go by fast and at least it's fun to plan what you want to do when your down there.

Thank you :) I did see that but it just looks so much farther than it really is I guess. I would have guessed it was more than a 10 minute walk :) so that's good news lol

Can someone answer this for me?

We are heavily considering renting points at BLT. 8 nights in a standard studio would come out to about $1500, a huge savings over rack!

But I do have apprehension about renting points, even if I do it through David's. Mostly about paying it all up front 11 months out. I will do it if I can't find a better option, though.

So I was looking at the price of a garden wing standard view at CR from the price list on the CR page on Disney's site. I calculated it out and if I got 8 nights at the price listed during our dates AND I scored a 40% off discount, I would still come within the price I am willing to pay.

But when I go through the reservation system at CR to check the total price, it tells me there are only garden view rooms, no standard available. Yet when I look up the official price list, there are standard views. What gives? Are ALL the CR standard view rooms in the wing already sold out for September 2012???? Is that even possible? Are there only a few standard view rooms?
Their Garden Wing room categories are Standard View which will be a view of the parking lot or convention center and Garden View which will be a view of their pool or Bay Lake.

THANKS!!! We're headed there in 59 days for our first stay there and we're all SO EXCITED!!! :cool1:

Love looking at the pictures and making lots of notes on the tips. I've been going through all the older CR threads...my DH thinks I've lost a bit of my mind the amount of time I spend on these boards. :surfweb:

CONTEMPORARY - Here we come!!!

What a coincidence! My Future Wife and I will be there in 54 Days today celebrating our Honeymoon!

Which room categories exit to look over the grand canyon concourse? We would like views of the monorails coming in and out.

Which room categories exit to look over the grand canyon concourse? We would like views of the monorails coming in and out.
You can also reserve their Tower - Theme Park View and see both sets of Monorail's on the tracks going to and from the Magic Kingdom. I can't say how many times I would be sitting on the balcony and seeing that happen.

Hello,

I posted this question on the restaurant board, but then thought that the Contemporary experts here would be more likely to know the answer. ;)

Would any of you happen to know the correct process to place an order at Contempo Cafe with a special diet? For instance, if I would like to order a breakfast burrito or something from the menu, but leave the meat off?

Do I place the order at the Kiosk, then stop at the pickup area to inform them? Do I place the order, then inform the cashier? I find this very confusing at Contempo. :confused3

Thank you.
Kelly

I can't believe I just did this but I just changed our reservation from BC-CL to Magic Kingdom View-Atrium Club! The room became available and I found some discount (August-September) which made this cheaper than what we had booked already. I am so excited for the view and how close we will be to the MK but I have to admit I am SO nervous. I have spent 5 months researching BC and I made this switch and don't know a whole lot about the CR. Tell me I made the right choice (please).

Thanks CR Resort Fan 4 Life!
Late reply on my part (try to get some work done - and disboards can eat tons of time!) ...but I appreciate the "where to get my morning coffee" update. :)

Can't wait... only 3 weeks left!
Sue

Hello,

I posted this question on the restaurant board, but then thought that the Contemporary experts here would be more likely to know the answer. ;)

Would any of you happen to know the correct process to place an order at Contempo Cafe with a special diet? For instance, if I would like to order a breakfast burrito or something from the menu, but leave the meat off?

Do I place the order at the Kiosk, then stop at the pickup area to inform them? Do I place the order, then inform the cashier? I find this very confusing at Contempo. :confused3

Thank you.
Kelly
You will first place your order at the kiosk and if you have any changes tell the cashier. Even though you will have placed your order it's not started to be made until you pay because the cashier needs to give you a pager with a number on it. Well the Cast Members who make the food then put in the number on your pager when it's ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter