The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (FEB 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a permanent change they are making (no resort monorail during PM extra magic hours)?
This is what was posted about it.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Transportat...-operate-during-Evening-Extra-Magic-Hours.htm
Beginning on July 11 2011, the Epcot monorail service will stop operation 1 hour after regular park closing, and from August 1 2011, the Magic Kingdom monorail will stop operation 1 hour after regular park closing. This means that in both cases, the monorail will not be able to return guests back to their resorts after evening Extra Magic Hours. Guests will instead be transported by bus and boats where available. Morning Extra Magic Hour service has not been affected. All indications are that this is a permanent change.

I can't believe I didn't think of this right away because it was my Dad who reminded me of this. Next month when the Resort Monorail is not operating during PM Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom let's say it starts raining very hard, well Contemporary guests are going to get soaked using the walkway back to the Contemporary. So I guess that's another negative if the weather ever gets bad because I highly doubt they will offer a bus from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom based on it's close location or boat service since the Polynesian and Grand Floridian already share them.

I guess this includes MNSSHP? Not that WDW is unsafe, but a 15 minute walk w/ tired children at midnight may cause some to rethink that.

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this:

The rack rate for an Atrium Club/BLV room over Christmas is $825/night:rotfl2::lmao: ($615 w/o CL). If you want a MKV, it's $885:rotfl: (And BTW, no Tower Club rooms are showing-up at that time).

I can't believe I didn't think of this right away because it was my Dad who reminded me of this. Next month when the Resort Monorail is not operating during PM Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom let's say it starts raining very hard, well Contemporary guests are going to get soaked using the walkway back to the Contemporary. So I guess that's another negative if the weather ever gets bad because I highly doubt they will offer a bus from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom based on it's close location or boat service since the Polynesian and Grand Floridian already share them.

Don't you think they'll have to offer something to accommodate guests with disabilities? It's not a far walk but my 70+ year old mother with COPD wouldn't be able to do it.
We aren't usually out late enough for this to impact us at this stage in our lives (young children = earlier bedtime) but it certainly increases the value of staying at CR/BLT.

Amanda

Don't you think they'll have to offer something to accommodate guests with disabilities? It's not a far walk but my 70+ year old mother with COPD wouldn't be able to do it.
We aren't usually out late enough for this to impact us at this stage in our lives (young children = earlier bedtime) but it certainly increases the value of staying at CR/BLT.

Amanda
Honestly I am not sure what they are going to do because this won't effect the Resort Monorail guests until next month. So I guess we need to wait and hope that others can post what happened if they experienced this.

Last week the resort monorail was on the fritz (and I had CP reservations for 8am) so they brought in what the driver called a 'monorail bus'. It made the same route as the monorail would.

Maybe they could work something like this in? All I know is that those buses are a royal pain in the *** when you're lugging a 2 year old and a stroller solo.

Question

With the new monorail times, if MK closes at 7pm and Epcot closes at 9pm how do you get back to the Contemporary from Epcot? Don't you transfer from the Epcot line to the hotel local at the TTC to get to the Contemporary? Will that be closed since MK is closed or will the hotel monorail still be running until 10pm?

I'm planning a trip for November and hoping to get a PIN or a code or some discount but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Bay Lake Tower is included when they offer room only discounts on deluxe resorts and deluxe villas?

Question

With the new monorail times, if MK closes at 7pm and Epcot closes at 9pm how do you get back to the Contemporary from Epcot? Don't you transfer from the Epcot line to the hotel local at the TTC to get to the Contemporary? Will that be closed since MK is closed or will the hotel monorail still be running until 10pm?
On the transportation board someone posted a new thread which said there will be a bus that goes from Epcot to the Contemporary and the TTC.

I'm planning a trip for November and hoping to get a PIN or a code or some discount but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Bay Lake Tower is included when they offer room only discounts on deluxe resorts and deluxe villas?
Historically on previous general public room only discounts and Annual Pass discounts Bay Lake Tower has been available.

Does anyone know if there is a current bounce back offer in the rooms? We are staying Aug 12-20 at the Contemporary and hoping to book a bounce back trip while there :)

Does anyone know if there is a current bounce back offer in the rooms? We are staying Aug 12-20 at the Contemporary and hoping to book a bounce back trip while there :)
On some various threads people have posted there are Bounceback offer sheets in the rooms which have various sets of dates that those rates are available for the rest of 2011. However I am not sure what the specifc dates are for the months left in 2011.

On the transportation board someone posted a new thread which said there will be a bus that goes from Epcot to the Contemporary and the TTC.

Thanks.
I can't see this lasting. People are going to be complaining big time. Most people stay at the monorail resorts and pay the big price tag to stay there because of the convenience of the monorail. Buses are not convenient. I can stay at AK, WL, moderate or value if I want to take a bus everywhere.:mad: I may have to rethink my November reservation.

Thanks.
I can't see this lasting. People are going to be complaining big time. Most people stay at the monorail resorts and pay the big price tag to stay there because of the convenience of the monorail. Buses are not convenient. I can stay at AK, WL, moderate or value if I want to take a bus everywhere.:mad: I may have to rethink my November reservation.
Here is a link to the thread I mentioned.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2757259

Last week the resort monorail was on the fritz (and I had CP reservations for 8am) so they brought in what the driver called a 'monorail bus'. It made the same route as the monorail would.

Maybe they could work something like this in? All I know is that those buses are a royal pain in the *** when you're lugging a 2 year old and a stroller solo.
Makes me wonder if it was on the fritz or if they were testing the "monobus" concept:confused3. I hope they don't do more "testing" during regular park operating hours when we're there:sad2:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Transportat...-operate-during-Evening-Extra-Magic-Hours.htm

Beginning on July 11 2011, the Epcot monorail service will stop operation 1 hour after regular park closing, and from August 1 2011, the Magic Kingdom monorail will stop operation 1 hour after regular park closing. This means that in both cases, the monorail will not be able to return guests back to their resorts after evening Extra Magic Hours. Guests will instead be transported by bus and boats where available. Morning Extra Magic Hour service has not been affected. All indications are that this is a permanent change.

This is CRAZY! :scared1: I know I haven't stayed in the cooler months lately but we always use the monorail to shop and eat when park closes early. Or how about just hanging around after parade or fireworks shopping but now we have to worry about getting on the monorail while its still running? And if we stay at Poly and we go to EMH do the boats usually run cause I didn't think the Poly/GF boats ran that late so what do you have to do, take the ferry to TTC and walk to the other resort? Not happy, not happy at all!:mad:

I can't remember the exact figure for king beds at the CR, I just recall there aren't many. You wouldn't have to request a daybed though as all rooms have them. As far as being close to the Tower, none of the GW rooms are very far from the Tower. The furthest room might be a few minutes walk to the Tower door.

Yes, the CR has its own kids' water feature splash area in between the Sand Bar and the Mickey pool:

ContemporaryNewWaterPlayArea.jpg

Have a great vacation!

thanks ... that splash area looks like fun. I'm glad it is for CR guests as well!

so I guess I will request the king bed and see what happens.
thanks again!

For the person who asked, an article in the Orlando Sentinel said they haven't yet decided about monorail schedules for the special events like the Haloween and Christmas parties.

For the person who asked, an article in the Orlando Sentinel said they haven't yet decided about monorail schedules for the special events like the Haloween and Christmas parties.

I wondered about Halloween to. We'll be at BLT in 78 days!! and we're doing the MNSSHP. Luckily we'll be close enough to walk back at the end but if I was staying at the Poly where we stayed last year I'd be less than thrilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter