The Agony Of Ding!!!!!!!

madge said:
I think the OP is from central Kentucky....that's quite a drive to Indianapolis.

I suppose that depends on what she considers to be a long drive. Lexington is approx. 3 hours from Indianapolis. Personally I would rater drive 3 hours to get a good rate on airfare than drive 18 -20 hours to Florida. I don't have all of her planning details, such as how many people in her party or lodging information. It could definitly be done.

Mollybelle, sorry to hear the ding was a dud for ya....but don't give up on it altogether...I think a big part of it has to deal with the time you're going...if you're going at a high attendance time they probably just don't have room. I was alerted to a ding for our 9/12-9/19 trip and played with the dates several times....all three times I tried I got the seats...no trouble at all...but September is a fairly low attendance time.

With gas as high as it is, we'd be paying more for gas than our tickets...we got RT for $60 each. The lowest DING fare for Delta was $118 and they give you 2 days notice before you fly! I'm SOOO happy for DING!!!

Tara

littlestix said:
I suppose that depends on what she considers to be a long drive. Lexington is approx. 3 hours from Indianapolis. Personally I would rater drive 3 hours to get a good rate on airfare than drive 18 -20 hours to Florida. I don't have all of her planning details, such as how many people in her party or lodging information. It could definitly be done.

really? 3 hours? wow....it seems like it should be farther than that, LOL...but since you're from Indy, I have no doubt you know what you're talking about!

I definitely agree about 3 hours. Our original plans were to drive from Elizabethtown (south of Louisville) to Indy, which is about 3 hours, LOL....

madge, we're leaving oct.1, from e-town also! (anyone else hear "it's a small world" playing in the back of your mind?)
i got a ding a few weeks ago, sdf to orlando, but we have to go to st. louis for a connecting flight (still better than driving). i keep hoping that another ding would come up and we could change it to a non stop, probably not gonna happen, huh?
i also had to split us up, when making the reservations. luckily, i put my sisters family of 5 on first and then was able to do the other 5 of us only 1 at a time.(very nerve racking).
i'll keep my fingers crossed that the rest of you guys can get a good price. :wizard:

who else is going to be at shades of green? :wave2:

kehouse said:
madge, we're leaving oct.1, from e-town also! (anyone else hear "it's a small world" playing in the back of your mind?)
i got a ding a few weeks ago, sdf to orlando, but we have to go to st. louis for a connecting flight (still better than driving). i keep hoping that another ding would come up and we could change it to a non stop, probably not gonna happen, huh?
i also had to split us up, when making the reservations. luckily, i put my sisters family of 5 on first and then was able to do the other 5 of us only 1 at a time.(very nerve racking).
i'll keep my fingers crossed that the rest of you guys can get a good price. :wizard:

who else is going to be at shades of green? :wave2:

this entire thread has me singing "It's a small world"...LOL!

the last time SDF popped up with a ding fare, I tried entering us one at a time and came up empty...we are a family of 5, as well and it was making me a nervous wreck that I would end up paying a higher fare for part of our family. While I love the convenience of the drive to Louisville, driving to Nashville isn't bad, especially for $39 each way :teeth:

Is this your first time at SoG? Enjoy!!

Are your kids on Fall Break that week?

yeah our kids are on break, i think thats why its so hard getting a seat on the plane, everyone else is too! i know several people from our area going that week.
this is our first time at sog, we're lucky enough to have friends going with us that can get us a room .
btw, i saw on your blog that your near cecilia, we're in rineyville :wave2:

kehouse said:
yeah our kids are on break, i think thats why its so hard getting a seat on the plane, everyone else is too! i know several people from our area going that week.
this is our first time at sog, we're lucky enough to have friends going with us that can get us a room .
btw, i saw on your blog that your near cecilia, we're in rineyville :wave2:

I think you'll like SoG :) We stayed there in April...the walk to the Poly is very peaceful. The rooms are huge, the pool is nice, the food at Evergreens is tasty...it's a fantastic value for the money!

Have a great trip!

Okay--had to add in my name and my frustration with Ding. I actually snagged a few great rates for December a few weeks ago...first I booked a great rate from Nashville to Tampa, then got dinged for a great one from Nashville to ORlando...we have to arrive super late our first night(Dec. 18) which I really don't want to do, but arriving/departing Orlando was worth it. I hope to change it in the coming weeks to an earlier flight on the 18th, or even flying in on the 17th or late night on the 16th. But now all the DIng fares seem to stop on the 18th! Also, just an FYI, when I changed mine from Tampa to Orlando, I tried to just change one leg of my Ding flights, and they(first tried online and then called) wouldn't let me....you have to cancel the whole trip and rebook.

OH....and I am in Western Kentucky!!! We live 2-2 1/2 hours from the Nashville airport--which is the closest major airport! But it will still be cheaper for us to fly this December!!! I am 1 1/2 hours from Elizabethtown!

Jen

disynut said:
Also, just an FYI, when I changed mine from Tampa to Orlando, I tried to just change one leg of my Ding flights, and they(first tried online and then called) wouldn't let me....you have to cancel the whole trip and rebook.
Jen

I don't think it can help you this time, but this issue is why I always book one-ways with Southwest, so that if only one way is available at a lower Ding rate, I can rebook. Something to keep in mind for next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter