The age old question: Citricos/Narcoossee's/California Grill

Scott Free

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are going in July and can't decide on which of the 3 to eat at. I know all three have excellent menus. Which location has the best view of Fireworks and MK? Feel free to share your thoughts, we would appreciate your help in our decision.

We enjoyed Citrico's very much , but I prob wouldn't eat there again. The food was great and the onion tart is superb, but no real view other than the GF. I've heard great things about CG.

Citricos is by far the best of the three, and the best dinner in WDW (the service is truly exceptional). It all depends on your priorities. Everyone shoudl eat at the California Grill once; you're more likely to get a good view of the fireworks and MK. But since I prefer a great meal to fireworks, I usually stick to Citricos.

California Grill is excellent....I haven't tried the others but will surely be going back to CG....we didn't even see the fireworks while we were there but, the view just of the areas like MK lit up down below is view enough and the food was incredible. :wave2:

If it were me - I would rule out Citricos. We've eaten at all three of these restaurants and the food at CA Grille and Narcoosee's is EXCELLENT...it would be hard for me to say that one was better than the other. Service too..excellent at both. However, we went to Citricos, totally expecting to love it just as much and boy were we ever disappointed. It's a nice-looking place, but the food just didn't live up to our expectations. I ordered a steak entree, I can't remember exactly what cut or how it was seasoned but I do remember ordering it medium rare and it coming to be WELL DONE. Okay, no big deal, I'll just send it back. Came back medium well. Okay, now it's becoming annyoing so I send it back again...and it's medium. AT this point I'm starving to death and tired of it so I eat it anyway - didn't like the flavor or anything about it. My husband's lamb was dried up and over-cooked as well. We were so disappointed as we had heard so many things about this place. We told the manager in a polite manner how we felt and he comped one of the meals. That was nice, but we won't take the chance again. Can't stand bad food.

Okay - Narcoosee's or CA Grille. CA Grille will have the utmost view of the fireworks. Both are great choices and if you force me to choose I'll choose CA Grille. With Narcoosee's a close close second.

PamNC

We haven't yet tried Narcoosee's (we will this Aug) but even though it is a tight race in food and service i think California Grill wins because of ambience. I think the view can't be beat...we had great meals at both placed you really can't lose. take a look at the menus on allearsnet and see which one you are more partial to!!!

We love the CA Grill, it is the one place we make sure to always go. We have never had a bad server or meal and the view is spectacular at night, especially when the sun is setting :sunny:

kerrynic78 said:
We love the CA Grill, it is the one place we make sure to always go. We have never had a bad server or meal and the view is spectacular at night, especially when the sun is setting :sunny:

I could have written this post! We LOVE CA Grill, and always look forward to this dinner. princess: pirate: :earboy2:

We enjoy them all and have dined at all three multiple times.

Good food: all three

Good service: all three
We've had misses at Citricos and Narcoossee's, great service at all most of the time. Our last trip, service at Citricos was exceptional.

Most varied menu: CG

Most seafood: Narcoossee's

Most sedate atmosphere: Citricos

Best view of the surrounding area and high view of Wishes:

Beat view of the Seven Seas Lagoon and low view of Wishes: Narcoossee's

You can't really see MK from Citricos but you can stroll the grounds before or after dinner and enjoy the views.

Really, you can't go wrong with any of them. :sunny:

Don't forget that at least at Narcoosee's, they won't make you "dress up". This tips the scale in favor of that restaurant. Theme park casual is OK, and the food, service and fireworks view are fine.

Having dined at all three of these several times, I have to say Citrico's, Citrico's, Citrico's!!! Need I say more? We will be there this coming Sunday night - I can't wait!

This is totally my dilemma for our August trip. It is supposed to be a budget trip (*giggle giggle snort snort*) Besides, who wants to eat very many big meals in the August heat..... So, I was going to narrow down my sit down meals to one dinner at Puck's before Adventurers Club & one meal at either CG, Narcoosees or Citricos......
We have done CG & my 16 yo DS is in love with it, particularly the sushi & the cheese plate..... I would like to try something new, but know I love CG & won't be disappointed....

What to do :confused3

BTW - I know Allears needs at least a new menu for CG, as it was different for our trip in April. I was going to bring a copy home & forgot to..... it also looks like Citricos & Narcoosees are in need of a seasonal update..... That would help in the decision making process for me....

I was having a similar dillema and decided we're going to California Grill hopefully for a spectacular view and great food! My dh will be just back from Iraq and that will likely be our first "date"

PamNC said:
We've eaten at all three of these restaurants and the food at CA Grille and Narcoosee's is EXCELLENT...it would be hard for me to say that one was better than the other. Service too..excellent at both. Okay - Narcoosee's or CA Grille. CA Grille will have the utmost view of the fireworks. Both are great choices and if you force me to choose I'll choose CA Grille. With Narcoosee's a close close second.

PamNC

My Sentiments Exactly! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter