The adventures of Tiggerdad (A collection of camping locations, mishaps, reviews, alterations, food, and whatever else I can find)

Forgot to mention. Hwy 235, the road through the park that follows the lake is currently closed until end of December. They are rebuilding the bridge. You have to go all way down to the "T" in Gulf Shores and follow beach highway to get in.

Usual Gulf Island Grill for arrival day.
DW and myself had steamed shrimp.
20191004_184617.jpg

Youngest DD had kids shrimp.
20191004_184612.jpg

I allow oldest DD to get snow crab legs once a year.
20191004_184607.jpg

Don't tell DW, my oldest gets her eating habits from her side of family...
20191004_191909.jpg

o_O

Is the park and restaurant where you are, close to i-10. Is it a place we could stop going east or west.

Regrettably no. It's about an hour south of I10, depending on traffic. Sometimes less, just depends on holiday traffic. There are two exits to get here off I10, the Baldwin Beach Express is without a doubt the fastest. Exit 49.

Gulf Island Grill is about 5 minutes from park, but trust me, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are Loaded with great places to eat.

My Crystal Ball sees long hours alone on a bench at an Outlet
Smash that crystal ball.

I'm hoping since I took her shopping there in August that I'll be spared this trip. No guarantees.

Slept in today. First time I've done that in long time.

This evening's meal was at Papa Racos pizza. Home of hot beer and lousy pizza. Got seated right in front of TV. During football season this place is really busy. Multiple TVs and each on different game. Got to finish the Florida Auburn "turnover fest" then picked up with Georgia vs Tennessee.

They have guest singers from time to time. Tonight it was Bo Grant, formerly of The Platters.
20191005_190627.jpg

Sorry, pic was taken with camera upright, so with The Dis this puts it sideways. :sad2:

However, the gentleman sitting in slacks and blue shirt is The Man himself, Papa Raco.

On the meal tonight is traditional pepperoni
20191005_184748.jpg

And Mexican pizza
20191005_184753.jpg

After that it was just across street to Scoops.
20191005_192739.jpg
Mint chocolate chip double, hot fudge sundae, and brownie delight.

Burned all of it off prior to dinner. I took girls on bike ride all the way around GSP. You should of heard the grumbling.

Payback for the outlets :stir:

This evening's meal was at Papa Racos pizza. Home of hot beer and lousy pizza. Got seated right in front of TV. During football season this place is really busy. Multiple TVs and each on different game. Got to finish the Florida Auburn "turnover fest" then picked up with Georgia vs Tennessee.

They have guest singers from time to time. Tonight it was Bo Grant, formerly of The Platters.
View attachment 441778

Sorry, pic was taken with camera upright, so with The Dis this puts it sideways. :sad2:

However, the gentleman sitting in slacks and blue shirt is The Man himself, Papa Raco.

On the meal tonight is traditional pepperoni
View attachment 441779

And Mexican pizza
View attachment 441780

After that it was just across street to Scoops.
View attachment 441781
Mint chocolate chip double, hot fudge sundae, and brownie delight.

Burned all of it off prior to dinner. I took girls on bike ride all the way around GSP. You should of heard the grumbling.

Payback for the outlets :stir:

Hey looks like Scoops got your order right and they look yummy. Glad you are having a good trip down there.

FtWMike is all knowing, all seeing!
I'm pretty sure you ALL had it figured it.

I was just in denial. I got lucky. Turns out my oldest DD's best friend in school is down here too. I ran into her dad, who also hates shopping, and we managed to guy talk our way through it.

We're gonna try Mikey's Seafood tonight and see how it is. It's either that or The Diner.

Mikee's is how its spelled.

Very busy down here this evening. Lot of fall break folks. Mikee's was VERY busy. I ordered the shrimp plate for $15.99. Comes with two sides plus hushpuppies and fritters.
20191006_200004.jpg

My sides were potatoes and red beans and rice.

Here's the great part: it's all you can eat! Finish the shrimp...here comes another plate. Until you say you're done. Very tasty. I highly recommend it.

Walked the beach afterwards to lose some calories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!