The adventures of Tiggerdad (A collection of camping locations, mishaps, reviews, alterations, food, and whatever else I can find)

Those inverter generators are one of those things that the technology continues to get better and better on still across the board. I still have my Honda from my tailgate days and it still purrs away.

Ed
I remember that one!

I have a picture of it from one of our tailgates when Randy joined us.

I have a picture of it from one of our tailgates when Randy joined us.

giphy.gif

Not since I buttoned up his mega-trailer at the Pigeon Forge DISMeet before the storm blew through one day last summer.

giphy.gif

Not since I buttoned up his mega-trailer at the Pigeon Forge DISMeet before the storm blew through one day last summer.
He's still kicking. Running up and down I10 and I75 hauling Mississippi yardbird and flowers. I usually talk with him each week. He has added a third Bassett hound to the family since we were all in Pigeon Forge.

Well, my long dream of finally making it to Yellowstone and the Dakota's is going to have to wait...again.

So I'm in the ring boxing my way toward my long awaited journey out west. Bobbing and weaving. Locking in my sites well in advance...see me jab the journey on the jaw. Initially no vacancy at West Yellowstone, then I scored a pair of great sites...body punch to mid section. Fuel prices bump up about 30 cents in November, I grab extra shift or two in the ER...shove the journey into the corner, fixing to lay on the combos and finish this.

However...I notice the journey looks up smiling over his gloves...hang on a second...

Bam! Exploding fuel costs up easily $1.50 in 2 weeks (right hook on my chin).
a5c71c9152b9b5317b88b8c076adb23f.gif

Kloom! DW has to have unexpected surgery (left hook to temple)
WaryCrazyBighorn-max-1mb.gif
I'm stagging, but feet still under me. Grab SEVERAL more ER shifts...see me shake my head and regain focus...confidently stepping forward.

Crash! Central heat and air unit locks up and shorts out, and dies. Who else knew a new setup cost $7000 these days? Right uppercut to the jaw...
AcclaimedRealisticBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif
Down for 10 count!

Whoa! Not much choice anymore. Too many setbacks to ignore. DW doing better this week, bouncing back strongly. Randy and I are looking at a plan B. Seeing what options might be available to us. Broke my heart to call and cancel those campsites...very near tear on my eye.

Attachments

• a5c71c9152b9b5317b88b8c076adb23f.gif
    a5c71c9152b9b5317b88b8c076adb23f.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 1

That's the most humourous sad post I think I've read.

Sorry for the unexpected troubles. There's too much of that going around. Glad you have a good attitude about it.

Crash! Central heat and air unit locks up and shorts out, and dies. Who else knew a new setup cost $7000 these days? Right uppercut to the jaw...
Ouch!

That sucks. You can probably do without a furnace in MS, but the A/C is considered an "essential" service.

j

Last edited:

Sorry to hear about your summer plans. Hope you/Randy find a good plan B.

Glad to hear DW is recovering.

Keep that dream alive though. It takes a while at times but they do come true if you persist.

Ed

Sorry to hear about your summer plans. Hope you/Randy find a good plan B.

Glad to hear DW is recovering.

Keep that dream alive though. It takes a while at times but they do come true if you persist.

Ed
Yeah, DW is doing much better. Already working from home.

Randy is suggesting we try split cost on house in the Keys for a week. Guess I can mark Dry Tortuga's and Everglades NP off my bucket list.

Will try Yellowstone again next June. At least now I have the campgrounds lined up as far as information goes.

Need to get over to T Town for some baseball.

Yeah, DW is doing much better. Already working from home.

Randy is suggesting we try split cost on house in the Keys for a week. Guess I can mark Dry Tortuga's and Everglades NP off my bucket list.
Glad DW is doing well.

I know the kids are in school, but Tigger92662 (Joe) and I are going to Key West (staying at Boyd's) October 9-15th.

j

Yes you DO need to get over here on a nice Saturday or Sunday afternoon for SEC baseball.
Anything on Sundays this month that looks good? I'm obligated to pull trailer for DD highschool color guard competition each Saturday from now until April 2nd, so Sundays are my best option.

@tiggerdad, hate to hear about the trip out west and the other "bumps" in the road. Glad that DW is doing well and continues to get better. That's the most important thing. Trips can be rescheduled and things can be repaired or replaced albeit with a big bite out of the wallet. Teresa and I had talked about a trip to the Keys with either the camper or taking the bike and riding Highway 1.

Steve

Michael. Sorry that your trip got put off till life and the world settles down. Know exactly how it sounds when we hear God laugh when we tell Him our plans. Last year in Pigeon Forge Lucille realized the time had come to do something about her knee ( Only been 6 years of my telling her ) Well she chose shot route Cortisone by our Dr.. Steroid by Orthopedist . Both did not last half as long as projected. After we got home took a month to get back in to Orthopedist another month to see his PA and speak with scheduler. Knee replacement Tax Day followed by 3 moths of rehab. I may be going to the DisMeet in Gettysburg with just the dogs.
Had a plan to hit around Akron Ohio before that to see Rock and Roll and Pro Football Halls of Fame. Then on the day before Fathers day My anniversary of being in The Friends of Bill W going to the Birthplace of the Fellowship. Guess we won't make it this year.

So sad to hear of all of your misfortune. I for one was looking forward to the Yellowstone report. I went in 1976 and have had it on our bucket list for when we retire. What really bad luck, but seems as though almost everything can be dealt with having your attitude.
Almost everything can be dealt with. It seems as though the one thing impossible to get over is the broken squirrel feeder! Sorry for your loss Michael. We're pulling for you!
Don

@tiggerdad, hate to hear about the trip out west and the other "bumps" in the road. Glad that DW is doing well and continues to get better. That's the most important thing. Trips can be rescheduled and things can be repaired or replaced albeit with a big bite out of the wallet. Teresa and I had talked about a trip to the Keys with either the camper or taking the bike and riding Highway 1.

Steve
Michael. Sorry that your trip got put off till life and the world settles down. Know exactly how it sounds when we hear God laugh when we tell Him our plans. Last year in Pigeon Forge Lucille realized the time had come to do something about her knee ( Only been 6 years of my telling her ) Well she chose shot route Cortisone by our Dr.. Steroid by Orthopedist . Both did not last half as long as projected. After we got home took a month to get back in to Orthopedist another month to see his PA and speak with scheduler. Knee replacement Tax Day followed by 3 moths of rehab. I may be going to the DisMeet in Gettysburg with just the dogs.
Had a plan to hit around Akron Ohio before that to see Rock and Roll and Pro Football Halls of Fame. Then on the day before Fathers day My anniversary of being in The Friends of Bill W going to the Birthplace of the Fellowship. Guess we won't make it this year.
So sad to hear of all of your misfortune. I for one was looking forward to the Yellowstone report. I went in 1976 and have had it on our bucket list for when we retire. What really bad luck, but seems as though almost everything can be dealt with having your attitude.
Almost everything can be dealt with. It seems as though the one thing impossible to get over is the broken squirrel feeder! Sorry for your loss Michael. We're pulling for you!
Don

Sorry, little late getting back. DW continues improving.

Yeah, it's a setback, but that is life. Randy and I decided to split cost on a house rental in Geiger Key. Already booked Dry Tortuga's and we'll do Everglades also so that'll be two NPs marked off my list. Randy says the iguanas are pretty big down there. Will see if I can round one up as a pet. It's not camping but I'll keep you posted.

Request for prayers needed. Found out on Friday of mother's day weekend my mother has been diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the intestine. We are in process of getting more information and evaluation with general surgery and oncology and better idea of whether or not it's located only in intestine or if there has been metastatic spread or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter