The Adventures of Mom's Booty - 10/4 Wonder..... NEW UPDATE 7/7! See Ya Real Soon!

Mouths agape at the shock of finding our adorable little pirates on “Lifestyle Picture Night” (note to self: better planning next time), we headed back up to the stateroom to clean up. It didn’t take all that long, and we found a new little friend hanging out waiting for us.
oct07268.jpg

oct07267.jpg

After our photo shoot, we headed down to the Walt Disney Theater to snag some seats for The Golden Mickey’s. As we approached we noticed we were too early for the paparazzi. Hm. Its unusual for us to be early for anything! We walked in on the left side entrance and saw the theater was only sparsely populated. Nice. We could even be in the front row if we wanted. Then I saw the small group of kids sitting in the front far left and remembered…the dwarves!!!! This is the show you want to get to early if you have kids ‘cause they use little volunteers as part of the show! I quickly counted the kids down there, SIX! They have room for one more. We hightailed it down there and plopped down right next to the group. Before too long, the CM gathered up the children to go backstage and as he did I approached and inquired if he already had all the dwarves selected for tonight’s show. He said he did indeed, and I counted again. One, two, three, four, five, SIX. Are there not SEVEN dwarves? Humph. They scurried off and left me there to sulk, too late again. (Nah, I didn’t sulk but I sure didn’t get why only six. I would figure it out later.) Meanwhile the pre-show began and Ron went up to deck 9 for the drink run. It took him quite a while, he barely got back before the show started. I found out it was because for some reason they had CM’s “staffing” the drink station and would not allow you to serve yourself. I don’t know why they sometimes decide to do this, both on the island and on CC, but it’s a little frustrating as I like my tea with a certain amount of ice. And since you have to queue up to wait for service it takes quite a while. By far this is the most frustrating thing I encountered on DCL, and I guess if that’s the worst it gets I don’t have much to complain about, do I?

Too cute to be a dwarf anyway:

oct07261.jpg

Anyway Ron made it back and we enjoyed the show immensely as always. When the highly anticipated Snow White scene began and the parade of adorable little dwarves marched out, I finally discovered why they only select six “extras”. Seems the “real” Dopey leads the parade. Ah ha! After the show we trekked back upstairs again to change into more comfortable clothes for the Pirate Party. But first a photo shoot on the verandah:

oct07285.jpg

oct07287.jpg

On our first cruise, the kids were too tuckered out and passed out dead asleep before the deck party. We heard the fireworks go off from our stateroom and swore we would not miss it next time. So up the stairs we headed in our semi-pirate regalia. Grabbed the drink glasses and switched them out at the oh-so-convenient bar outside of BBB. I chose the colada-margarita swirl, and after a few sips determined I got stuck with a virgin. Ron said he would go back and switch it but by this time we were out on deck amongst the masses and throngs of pirates and wenches so I decided it was fine, as it still tasted good. The party was in full swing and we headed out to find ourselves a spot on deck. It had been raining earlier in the evening and Captain Tom had made announcements that he would try very hard to find a calm area so that the party could go off. He succeeded after only a short delay (which worked out to our advantage since we crammed so much activity into our evening). The decks were a little wet and it was pretty windy but that didn’t stop anyone from having a great time:

oct07299.jpg

oct07298.jpg

Love how this guy accessorized:

oct07305.jpg

My little pirates:

oct07325.jpg

After the giant mouse sailed in to save the day, fireworks rained over the boat. It was great fun. After the show in the sky the party continued on deck with more dancing. Time for the buffet! It was huge, lined up along the Port edge of the ship. We joined the line at the forward end, which brought us to the desserts first. It all looked gorgeous, and I probably grabbed one of everything.
oct07329.jpg

Ice sculpture, bac pic sorry:
oct07330.jpg

After the dessert table, we hit the main food table, but most of the savory eats were fairly well depleted. I know there was some sort of beef being carved, what looked like it used to have been a fajita bar, lots of rice and bread. That’s all I remember. My plate was loaded with desserts. We grabbed more drinks (this time the drink station was self serve) and battled the gale winds with our full hands back towards the stateroom to relax. On the way we saw the empty Mickey pool, more resembling a wave pool!

Once back in our room we changed into PJ’s and sprawled out in our beds with our towering dessert plates to relax. Unfortunately most of the desserts looked better than they tasted. But we filled our tummies and spent a little time watching Savannah’s favorite TV channel: “The 11 show” (it’s on
channel 11)

Off to a good nights sleep, for tomorrow is our day on the island paradise of Castaway Cay!

Jen
I hate to keep bothering you with questions, but again let me say I am new to the boards (last week) and am taking my very first cruise on September 14th. I am not sure how to go about posting something new to ask questions that anyone could reply to. It says at the bottom "you may not post new thread". I have no idea what that means. Hopefully I will learn quickly!!
Anyway, what I am needing to know about is this.....I am a single mom (33yo) that will be taking a cruise with my 9yo son in Sep.. I am looking forward to time with my son but know that he will want to do his own thing for quite a bit of time while on our trip. My question is, Will it be awkward for me to be alone? I know that I won't be able to experience Palo since that is a "couples" romantic kind of thing. I plan on having sometime to lay in the sun and read, but it just seems that most of the reviews about the cruise are "families" (husband, wife, and children). I guess I am just nervouse since this is my first cruise and vacation where it is just my son and I.
thank you for your patience and help with my seemingly neverending questions.
Ashley

Jen
I hate to keep bothering you with questions, but again let me say I am new to the boards (last week) and am taking my very first cruise on September 14th. I am not sure how to go about posting something new to ask questions that anyone could reply to. It says at the bottom "you may not post new thread". I have no idea what that means. Hopefully I will learn quickly!!
Anyway, what I am needing to know about is this.....I am a single mom (33yo) that will be taking a cruise with my 9yo son in Sep.. I am looking forward to time with my son but know that he will want to do his own thing for quite a bit of time while on our trip. My question is, Will it be awkward for me to be alone? I know that I won't be able to experience Palo since that is a "couples" romantic kind of thing. I plan on having sometime to lay in the sun and read, but it just seems that most of the reviews about the cruise are "families" (husband, wife, and children). I guess I am just nervouse since this is my first cruise and vacation where it is just my son and I.
Ashley

Ashley not Jen, but I did a trip with my girls alone and no time did I feel awkard, below is a link to my trip report. We had a great time and you will cherish the time you get to spend alone with your son. Cannot wait till March when we will go alone again.

Thank you for responding to my post. I am enjoying reading about your trip! I am having to run out to train a couple of clients but am looking forward to getting back and continue reading!
Thanks!
Ashley

Jen
Ashley

Hi again Ashley! Don't aplogize.....I love answering questions.....sharing the info, it's what it's all about, so we can all learn from each other and make the most out of our trips!!! :cool1:

I would not worry about feeling uncomfortable about being alone at ALL. Of course you can do the solitary things like lay by the pool and read. There is just sooo much to do. If your son wants to go hang out with friends in the Lab, then you could do so many things if you wanted to....schedule a behind-the-scenes tour (I know they have the Galley Tour, plus they used to have an animation class and a cooking class where you learn to prepare a DCL signature dish, not sure about availablity or what lengths of cruises thses are offered on) There is also the Buena Vista Theatre, take in a first run movie...The Spa and fitness center, if you're into that sort of thing. I was thinking about getting a rainforest room pass just for myself on our next one since DH is not interested, that is something relatively cheap you can enjoy on your own. But reaslly, just sitting around...hanging out...up top by the pool, or on the nice chairs on deck 4 you shouldn't feel uncomfortable. I spent a lot of time by myself by the pools, reading and just people watching...so much fun. And even things like the deck parties, everyone just lets loose and has a great time. The people are just so nice! Of course you *could* go to Palo if you wanted to. There are many large parties in Palo, it isn't just couples, and I wouldn't blink twice at someone sitting alone there. It is just an elegant restaurant atmosphere.
Of course it goes without saying that you should search out the meet thread for your particular cruise. You will meet other wonderful Dis'ers from your cruise and maybe there will be someone else in your situation to hang out with!
Hope that does help you a little bit. I know you and your son are going to have a blast!!!! :thumbsup2

PS...to post a thread, make sure you are on the main DCL forum, not just the trip report section! Then yes, just click on start new thread and there you go. LOL I did not know for almost a year that there was a main DCL forum, I thought all there was was trip reports and meets. :laughing:

Oh and a general note...I am working on next install, CC so it will be a goodie! Hoping I can get it up tonight......:rolleyes1

Thanks Jen
I cannot wait until the next install from your trip!!! I have thought about the spa but am going on a budget! I will look into the rainforest room. I am a personal trainer/nutritionist in my daily life so the fitness center isn't where I am going to want to spend a lot of my vacation...;) I am just so excited about taking a vacation and especially it being a cruise....I love traveling! Thank you for all your suggestions; it has definitely put my mind at ease!
Ash
PS. Anxiously awaiting CC report!!!!

Jen
I want to thank you for your suggestion of me finding a thread for my cruise. I have and have already communicated with many that are going on the same cruise! There is even a single mom going with her two kids (her son is the same age as mine). Thank you soooooo much for all your help!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen
I want to thank you for your suggestion of me finding a thread for my cruise. I have and have already communicated with many that are going on the same cruise! There is even a single mom going with her two kids (her son is the same age as mine). Thank you soooooo much for all your help!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!!!!!!:cool1: :thumbsup2 :banana:

Jen
When are you going to get the CC part up your trip up for us to read? I cannot wait to read about it! You do so well telling about all the details...it is always a fun read!
You are soon to add to your wonderful family aren't you? I hope all goes very well for you!!

Jen
When are you going to get the CC part up your trip up for us to read? I cannot wait to read about it! You do so well telling about all the details...it is always a fun read!
You are soon to add to your wonderful family aren't you? I hope all goes very well for you!!

I'm sorry! I shouldn't make promisies I can't keep, lol! I thought I could get the first part of CC up the other day but got busy. I only have two paragraphs written. And quite a few more things pressing before Tuesday.....

Yes, Tuesday is the big day! We are very excited.....lots to do. I just popped on for a bit tonight but maybe tomorrow when I need to take a break from assembling baby gear I can finish up that segment! :rotfl:

Right now, I'm off to pack my bag and fold tiny onesies.

But hang in there...I do have some good stuff forthcoming!! :rolleyes1

Hi, I've been lurking, enjoyed your last tr as well as this one, not expecting another update on the TR since you should have had the baby 2 days ago - but want a quick update on the baby- how are you and she doing? let us all know and post a picture of your new addition soon :grouphug: :angel:

:welcome: to our newest princess:

Sarah Elisabeth Fredericks

Born Tuesday May 20, 2008 at 4:19 PM EST in Clearwater, FL
7 pounds, 0.4 ounces, 19 1/2 inches

Sarah is still in the NICU under the phototherapy lights for jaundice. She is doing fine and we are hopeful she can come home in the next couple of days. I am well and out of the hospital but the several times-daily commute back and forth (80 miles round trip) is taking its toll on us. I think she is just spoiled and demands round the clock concierge service.:laughing:

I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I actually wrote about one more paragraph of the next installment when I was still in the hospital, hopefully I'll get that done next week, lol!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

1CA13NSCA.jpg

1CAYGS73A.jpg

sarah118.jpg

sarah126.jpg

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy. :goodvibes She's very precious!! You and your family are deeply blessed.

:welcome: to our newest princess:

Sarah Elisabeth Fredericks

Born Tuesday May 20, 2008 at 4:19 PM EST in Clearwater, FL
7 pounds, 0.4 ounces, 19 1/2 inches

Sarah is still in the NICU under the phototherapy lights for jaundice. She is doing fine and we are hopeful she can come home in the next couple of days. I am well and out of the hospital but the several times-daily commute back and forth (80 miles round trip) is taking its toll on us. I think she is just spoiled and demands round the clock concierge service.:laughing:

I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I actually wrote about one more paragraph of the next installment when I was still in the hospital, hopefully I'll get that done next week, lol!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

1CA13NSCA.jpg

1CAYGS73A.jpg

sarah118.jpg

sarah126.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!:hug:

Sarah looks as though she is preparing for a day of sunbathing at Castaway Cay!!!:rotfl:

Congratulations Jen!!! Your daughter looks precious. :cutie:

I just returned from my Wonder cruise tonight and had to log on to tell you thank you so much for your helpful information about Atlantis and getting to the Tortuga Rum Factory. Every thing you said was spot on. I'm so grateful I had your notes to read and plan ahead before we did the aquaventure excursion.

Thanks again and CONGRATULATIONS!!! :butterfly

I just returned from my Wonder cruise tonight and had to log on to tell you thank you so much for your helpful information about Atlantis and getting to the Tortuga Rum Factory. Every thing you said was spot on. I'm so grateful I had your notes to read and plan ahead before we did the aquaventure excursion.

I notice that you just returned from a trip on the Wonder. I am going to cruise for the first time in Sept. on the Wonder. I was wondering if you knew anything about the banana boat excursion being cancelled? If so, is it a temporary thing. Also, will you be posting a trip report?

You are so welcome!!! I'm glad I was able to help!! Sorry I didn't get the CC segment up in time to help you.....it is coming soon! Glad you had a great time!!!:thumbsup2

I notice that you just returned from a trip on the Wonder. I am going to cruise for the first time in Sept. on the Wonder. I was wondering if you knew anything about the banana boat excursion being cancelled? If so, is it a temporary thing. Also, will you be posting a trip report?

I saw that post on the main forum...wow we are so upset. We were planning on doing the banana boat again on our next cruise, especially since now Brendan is old enough to ride. What a bummer. I really hope they manage to find another operator to run this excursion, especially now that I know that people are *supposed* to fall off the boat!!! It's a shame....:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts