The "Addiction" thread.........

LAMPSKIES

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>
Hi, my nickname is "Lampy" and I have a problem.......yes, this is my 1800th post and I think I have a problem............ :rotfl2:

I am not too far behind -

I have an addiction as well, especially with my cruise coming up so soon!!!!!

My posts aren't in the same league as yours yet, but I check the boards way, way too much and we haven't even booked the cruise we hope to take next February!

Ummmm......creeping up on 8,000 posts....yeah....I am addicted and love every minute of it!!!! :love:

Hi, my name is HooKooDooKu and I spend too much time on these boards... :rolleyes1

You all may know I am new to these boards as an "official" player, but have snooped on the boards for over a year......first it was our trip to WDW that was obsessing me...now it is our NOV, 2005 Cruise :cheer2: .
:wizard: I can't thank you all enough for the knowledge, sharing, and especially LAUGHS! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

What I can appreciate about these boards the most (and justifies the addiction):
:flower: Most people are honest and just want to have fun at DISNEY
:flower: Most people are just trying to help others out of the goodness of their own DISNEY hearts
:flower: Most people are kind and have manners
:flower: The boards will never become weird with stalkers and sexual stuff pirate:
:flower: It is free
:flower: The Internet still amazes me....could our great-grandparents even fathom such a tool?
:flower: It breaks up the monotony of my 12 hour shifts and makes it REALLY FUN TO PLAN MY NEXT DISNEY ADVENTURE! :earsgirl:

:sunny: Thanks to all who contribute :sunny:
:flower: DIS NURSE FROM OREGON

Dis Nurse.....when are you sailing in Nov.? We have our 5th sailing (DCL)booked for Thanksgiving Western......5th sailing....that may be an addiction also.. :rotfl2:

I don't have nearly as many posts as most of you, but I love coming here. It seems as though I spend the majority of my spare time here!! I would have to agree with one of the other posters that the majority of the people here are wonderful and kind and very generous!

I'm Beth, and I'm hopelessly addicted too. I'm not looking for a cure, however! It makes the time between WDW visits and DCL trips go a lot faster! Otherwise, I'd probably have to travel to FL at least every other month!

Beth

I am addicted too! been here only 3 months and i am totally addicted. Right there with ya on this one Lampy.

I may not have many posts but I am here to tell you the amount of hours logged it whooo would my boss be mad... :ssst: :rolleyes1
Ever since I found these boards I log on at least once a day, usually the once a day is for about 8 hours :scared1:. At any rate everyone here has opened my eyes to things I have never even thought of (the over the door shoe holder goes on every trip now). Thank you so much for taking the time to be addicted :worship: . And kudos to Dreams Unlimited for sponsoring it!! :cheer2:

My husband recently said..."I think your addicted :crazy: , honey". Sooooo, you can add me to the list even though I don't that many posts. I do check it daily just to see if anything new and interesting has come up...... :teeth:

:disrocks:

While I am still "Earning My Ears", I am glad to say I am addicted. I spent 3 years at D'land and my DW was there for 15 and I still love the parks.

Lightweights, All of you :drinking1

Dont Quit,, No Likes A Quitter..

Peter

We have our 5th and 6th sailing already booked......does that make it worse?

Should be meetings on board, don't ya think, right after friends of Bill W, they could have friends of Walt D, and the meetings would go something like this:
Hi, my name is Logan, and I'm a DISaholic (everyone: Hi Logan); I lost my job because I spent more time at DIS than doing my job, I would sneak to the basement with my laptop after my DW was asleep to check out the boards, I would miss my DS's baseball games to post at DIS. For a month now, I've just told myself each morning that I am not going to log on that day. Just one day to focus on my job, listen to what DW is saying, try to remember DS's name and what grade he is in. And then the next morning I try again, for one day. (everyone claps, three women in lime green wipe tears from their eyes, and a dead-head looking 60's throw-back sort of a fellow in a rebellious "Give Me Shirley's Basket or Give Me Death" t-shirt gives Logan a hug, and they sob together)....toward the end of the meeting, the gathered DIS junkies stand together and recite "God grant me the strength not to go to the DISboards as a form of social activity because it is really anti-social to those in my real life, the serenity to go easy on myself when I find I have a legitimate, non trivial, genuine question and do log on, and the wisdom to know the difference". Handshakes are exchanged, a couple hugs, and as we head out the door a man with a lime green ribbon on his shirt says "there'll be another meeting tonight right after the Golden Mickeys late show"....and then four of the attendees put on dark glasses, hats, one even ducks into a mens room and changes shirts...and they all take various routes to the internet cafe where they log on and post about the meeting at the DIS board for DCL...keeping their heads down, hoping no one will notice them, and telling their DW's, DH's, and DD's and DS's lies about where they are....

The Centers For Disease Control soon get Federal funding to study the impact on society of DIS addiction....an issue that fairly or unfairly gets thrown in Jeb Bush's face, since the ships are,with the summer of '05 exception, sailing out of port from his home state...and Jeb responds to his fellow '08 presidential debater for the GOP nomination "That's easy for you to say, Senator, there are no cruise ships in Arizona...you know, I just saw a posting on the board..." The room is silent, as Gov. Bush stops, and realizes that he has just admitted his addiction in mid debate. On Larry King that night, Al Gore says that he was curious and logged on a few times just to see what it was all about. Pres. Bush's spokesman insists that he never logged on when he was in the Texas Air National Guards, and Dan Rather, from his retirement home, produces documents that purport to show records of a "GWB YalieFromTex" posting on the DIS board during the time W was supposed to have been reporting for Duty in Alabama, in spite of the fact that DCL and indeed the internet itself did not exist until decades later...Bill Clinton says that he logged on but never posted....

Oh, the ugliness of it all.

Now 'scuse this here junkie while I finish laying out my CC polo shirt, CC t shirt, WDW tshirt, lime green DIS shirt, stuffed mickey, two castaway club towels, and AK water bottle strap for next week's cruise...

logan1_2000, that was hysterical :rotfl2: And yes you have it bad to have expended so much time and creative energy, but we love it! :rotfl:

And just to show that I'm no slackerd in the addition areana, I'm copying this, changing the font to classic Disney and putting it in our latest cruise scrap book. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter