The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

Hi Leisa! I'm finally caught up. Let's see..

Glad Zach did not have a broken shoulder and his wrist is on the mend
Congrats on your graduation and all the A'S :worship:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 26 YEARS IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR SURE!
Congrats on the job! party::dance3::dancer::dancer::dancer:

We are getting pretty set on a 4 day Dream and 3 days at a resort in Sep 2016. Our cruise at this time will be on points. Your dates would hit around our 36th Anniversary so that would be good. I was looking at the last week in September for the cruise because of hoping for free dining if we went a bit later. We also want to hit F&W for a day. I will have to look at the calendar again! It would be so great to see a DIS bunch :banana::banana::banana::banana:

So much to celebrate this summer! And more to come!

YES! It would over-the-top wonderful to be able to see you again! Really, the dates aren't that far off. And... F&W. What more can be said? With a quality bunch of DISFolks to enjoy it with! Please to think about it- we'd love to have you join us!

Gotcha...now it all makes sense. And also - here's hoping that maybe while working you will gain some knowledge that may even help you with the remainder of your schooling. Way to go!

Gotcha...now it all makes sense. And also - here's hoping that maybe while working you will gain some knowledge that may even help you with the remainder of your schooling. Way to go!

I'm absolutely certain I will get oodles of very valuable experience to help me out next year. The Instructors have told me that those who do work during the summer tend to do better with next year.

So I am getting tired of FB drama, political posts, stupid people, etc. so I decided to pop back on the DIS boards again as my distraction for the day when I need a break at work! :) I almost couldn't find you under the new name. Glad there are still some old friends lurking around and that I am here in time for a new journey through the ABC's!

So I am getting tired of FB drama, political posts, stupid people, etc. so I decided to pop back on the DIS boards again as my distraction for the day when I need a break at work! :) I almost couldn't find you under the new name. Glad there are still some old friends lurking around and that I am here in time for a new journey through the ABC's!

That, my Friend, is EXACTLY why I made the switch back to spend the majority of the very little time I DO have for spending on the internet. I have my opinions (based on Eternal Truth- and I won't apolgize for that) and there isn't a single post on there about politics, diets, foods, immunizations, the latest fad or spin of this or that Supreme Court or Executive decision, etc.... It's depressing to see the atrocities of unkindness happening all over the world, so I come here to my little world of escape while I take care of my own business of raising my family and working to support myself.

Jen, I'm so glad you're here! We have lost quite a few from life's circumstances and other interests, but there are still good people here and I've, in the year I've been back, made a few new friends that I"m getting to know. There is a long way's yet on this Journey back to Disney, but one I think is worth sharing the story of. It's a trip that's not easily gone on to say the least. So good to have you back! I'll try to post a link on FB when I do a major update, but honestly the fun isn't really in the Chapters; as you know it's mostly in getting to know one another in the in-between stuff. :)

Last edited:
Most of you know that I'm leaving for 9 days to go recreate, relax, rejuvinate, etc... in the wilds of Northeastern Oregon tomorrow morning. I am hoping to get some great photo opps while we are rafting, playing, toasting marshmallows, and generally playing around. I am told, although I've never been to this area of my own state before, that there are some phenomenally beautiful hiking trails and a ton wildlife species to see including deer, rattlesnake, elk, cougar, bear, etc... If I do run into a snake, I will take a few pix, then I will fry him up and introduce my family to a tasty little critter that I've been lucky enough to try myself when I was their age.

Ok, back to packing up. While I desperately wish I was packing for a trip to the Grand Floridian, I am deciding to enjoy this kind of vacation as well. Please feel free to move about the cabin while I'm gone- mi casa es su casa!!!

Most of you know that I'm leaving for 9 days to go recreate, relax, rejuvinate, etc... in the wilds of Northeastern Oregon tomorrow morning.
Have a great time!!!

If I do run into a snake, I will take a few pix, then I will fry him up and introduce my family to a tasty little critter that I've been lucky enough to try myself when I was their age.
I've seen a rattlesnake in the wild. It didn't survive.

Have a great time! I hope you don't run into any snakes although they do taste like chicken!

Jill in CO

Most of you know that I'm leaving for 9 days to go recreate, relax, rejuvinate, etc... in the wilds of Northeastern Oregon tomorrow morning.

Knew you were going, didn't realize it was so soon!
Have fun! And recharge the batteries! :goodvibes

I am hoping to get some great photo opps while we are rafting, playing, toasting marshmallows, and generally playing around.

Love to see some! Take lots!

Have a great time!!!

I've seen a rattlesnake in the wild. It didn't survive.

Thanks, Andy, I definitely will! You know me, I AM taking a couple of study books to read through; I especially need to spend time in my NCLEX Study Guide; I REALLY need to pass that exam next month!!

Have a fabulous time! It sounds like a great vacation, even if it is not Disney!

Thanks, Magdalene!! I do enjoy camping (not as much as Disney) and I know I'll have a great time. The nice thing is that I've copied down all of THIS year's Park Schedule, and have started to flesh out a touring plan for us. I will post some of what I've come up with when I get back.

Have a great time! I hope you don't run into any snakes although they do taste like chicken!

Jill in CO

LOLOLOLOL! Sounds like a certain spiel from certain Jungle-y ride I know about. :lmao:I don't want them close enough to strike, but they are very cool to see in the wild. And even better eating!

Knew you were going, didn't realize it was so soon!
Have fun! And recharge the batteries! :goodvibes

Love to see some! Take lots!

Thanks, Mr. Ruby! I will! I see much water play in my near future. And a few gin and tonics. And a steak dinner amongst the pines. Given there isn't no-burn ban in effect. :scared1:

I will do a mini-trip report, because already going into it, I have some Disney trip related commentary/opine formed. Odd how I've put on these Disney-goggles and can't seem to see much else not through those lenses. Anyway, yes, you will be the lucky (?) recipients of some amateur photography of NE Oregon.

Chapter 29: B is for Big, Beautiful (Planning) Books.

Hello Friends! I'll bet you didn't expect me back so soon, but we are taking a MUCH needed packing break from this triple digit weather we're about to embark out into. I know... WHAT WERE WE THINKING?! Oh, I know! Let's pick the hottest week of the year, spend 3 days in the hot sun cooking and packing, drive for 9 hours to get to a place where it won't be any cooler, sleep in an uncomfortable "bed", do dishes, ok, ok, I'll stop ranting. It's going to be a fun time. At least I have a pretty decent camera. Anyway.... I thought I'd leave you all with a little "something" to mull over and comment on while I'm gone.

I figured during the summer months I could spend a little time starting my new Trip Planning Books... Inside one can find all manner of treasures; in fact, it's very much like coming around the corner in PoTC and seeing that huge hoard of loot. A varitible wealth of goodies and little nuggets of information at the quick turn of a page. Yes, I need new ones for Steppe's Graduation Celebration, so I pulled out these to get myself started. Because every good project starts with a template, right?

I give to you v1.0: The Mickey and The Minnie

I took a few snapshots of random pages to give you an idea of what different things I have; some from Minnie, some from Mickey. Mickey was the one I carried around with me during the days while actually touring. Minnie was more of a reference that I'd thumb through each evening to make sure my plan was fresh. There was some carry over, but well, you'll see...

The next 2 show a couple of the pages I'd put together of what I wanted to make sure I did or looked for:

That was was a pocket page for receipts that I'd empty nightly. It worked like a charm!!

Park hours for plan changes on the fly!

I apologize for the sideways pix, but I am being paged to finish loading the car. We leave at 5:00 AM to beat the heat, and need to get to bed. Enjoy, and I'll fix it when I get back.

Oh my goodness I need to make this notebook for my trip in September. It will be perfect to have all my information handy as well as take notes during the trip of things I want to remember for my TR. Yay! New trip project!

Oh my goodness I need to make this notebook for my trip in September. It will be perfect to have all my information handy as well as take notes during the trip of things I want to remember for my TR. Yay! New trip project!

I have actually thought about doing a little side business with these, but am WAY too busy now. Maybe after Nursing School and getting settled into a job I can do some fun things like this again. If you are interested, let me know and I can post more details, like the chapters/sections I actually had, and how they ended up being divided up. It was a super fun project to keep me busy while waiting for the last trip I went on. :)

Interesting note books. I wonder how much different the new ones will be compared to the old?

Interesting note books. I wonder how much different the new ones will be compared to the old?

The general layout will be pretty similar, but having been 5 years, a lot has changed, most importantly FP+ stuff to track and keep tabs on. Some things to see are gone, but that's what's so great about Disney.... new stuff to see and do. Probably time to update my Hidden Mickey edition as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter