The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

Yes, I was as hawt as Cuzco. :lmao:

New it.

Are you kidding me?! Actually, the one things I am a bit wigged about is my FiP+s. I need to ramp up my planning on that front for sure.

Don't make any. Just wing it!!!!

Don't even get me started...

Yeah... me too.

You DO realized this made me more curious than ever, right?

Of course.

I'm eerily suspicious I missed and entire update or 2 even? I HATE trying to DIS on my phone. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it.

Works for me.

The excuse, I mean. DISing with a phone is the worst.

Showering is over-rated. Hot bubble baths. Right @franandaj ?

I'm with Alison on this one. (I said "on" this one... not in) no bubbles.
Well.... not artificially produced ones anyway.

I see it everyday, sadly, across the street.

oy

Yeah, that would be a major fail. I hope you did at least get some usuable ones. I mean, you still had 7 HOURS of time to get some good captures!

Oh, yeah. Tons. Still.... I'm annoyed with myself... a lot.

I'd have loved a wide angle on that ridge above the lake shot. And I think it'd definitely come in handy at Disney. But yes, I generally like macro photog a lot. I played with a lens at my go-to shop about a month ago, and coming up with $300 is hard.

$300? So... a 60/2.8?

WHOA. If we're even in Winnipeg, we'll be hitting that place up for sure!

::yes::

Of course not. It's a wonder you don't have sleep deprivation psychosis.

Nah. Just your "normal" everyday psychosis.

Really? :confused3 No movie rental in Canada? We ha e these "Red Box" things in front of every grocery store. About the size of a Coke Machine and holds hundreds of movies. $1 per day. There's always a line on weekends at the store near my old house.

We had Red Box for a bit... but no one used them any more than the stores that all closed.

The Jacuzzi jets create a mountain of bubbles that would eventually suffocate you!

:lmao:

Funny, our library has the best movie selection around. That's where we get our dvds - and it's free! And if they don't have it, inter-library loan is our friend. We have RedBox as an option, but it has such a small selection, it hardly seems worth it.

Oh! The library! Duh, of course! I think they aren't free up here (nominal fee of a buck, I think) but who cares!

Funny, our library has the best movie selection around. That's where we get our dvds - and it's free! And if they don't have it, inter-library loan is our friend. We have RedBox as an option, but it has such a small selection, it hardly seems worth it.

I always forget about the library. We used to get our audio books from there until we joined audible.

Keeping It Kooky- Drinks D-H

Making our way through the delicious alphabet of Disney Drinks, we last left off with the CHALLENGE DRINK of Letter C. If you've managed to make it through Kindergarten, you have figured out that D comes after C. Then again, I've gotten through Kindergarten and still have to sing the alphabet in that dicey run between N and S when I need to alphabetize something.

Day 3 brings us trotting off to AK where, while it's Nahtazu, has plenty of entertainment by way of fauna both large and small. The medium-sized ones are also scattered around the park and can provide plenty of "entertainment" by way of line cutting, family meltdowns, and other basic piggish behaviours. In addition to top notch entertainment and attractions, AK has some of the finest sounding drinks available on property. And the Dawa Bar sounds like the perfect place to throw one back. Actually, it's a perfect place to quietly sipping in serene leisure one of these- no hurrying here:

AKB799841LARGE.jpg

dawa-bar-bloody-mary-menu-81714.jpg

Obviously, there are 2 that begin with 'D'. I'll get one of them. Most of you have been around long enough to know I'll go with the more adventurous one- the Dawa. So let's go with that, okay? Those are only available form 9-11

My keyboard won't handle much more slobber, so let's move on...

I actually found an 'E' drink:

Eppa Red Superfruit Sangria - $8.50

This sounds delightfully refreshing.

I'm grateful to Disney that they could accommodate my Alphabetical Approach to Drinking Around the World with both an 'E' drink and one that I actually think I'll like.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ani...M_51xM:;aK8jzAxZM_51xM:&imgrc=aK8jzAxZM_51xM:

Come to Mama, Thing of Beauty...

If they do not have it while I'm there, they also have Excelsior Cabernet that may pair nicely with what I get at Harambe for lunch.

Letter 'F' is proving to be a bit more difficult. FAR more than I actually thought it would be. I could make a HUGE stretch and say I'll go for something "Fruity" or maybe a "Full bodied wine", or even from thing Fresh Squeezed, but I think this may have to be another
CHALLENGE drink. If I, myself, were to place bets, I'd think chances are pretty good I'll find SOMETHING that'll work. Depends on how hard I work at it.

Here's the plan: Most of the AM will be at DHS, and then a dip in the Nemo Pool where there is the Drop off Pool Bar. I didn't see anything on the menu that works for 'F', but I will present the Plan and see if my tender can find something that'll fit the bill. If not, my next shot is at EPCOT where I'll either move on to Letter 'G' or try again for 'F'. Remember, I will have a whole Lagoon of F&W Kiosks to peruse; CERTAINLY something will scream, "Pick me, pick me!" Also recall, if we don't F&W it, we'll be at Coral Reef where there's bound to be a nice white wine to be paired with my fishy dishy. Also, I'm totally up for suggestions here- anything you've tried that you like that starts with G. (Yes, I'm WELL aware of the Grey Goose Slushie, and am highly considering it. Had one last time, and although extremely delicious, it had about a mouse's bladder full of booze- hardly worth the exorbitant price.)

I'll round out this edition of Drinking Around the World A-Z with 'H'- one that I am particularly excited about! Oh boy, oh boy, yes I am! Call me Mrs. McBoozyPants, but the
Horchata Marg is simply must-do this time around.

Horchata Margarita - tequila, Horchata cream rum (contains dairy), Fireball cinnamon whiskey, agua de Horchata, topped with cinnamon powder $13.50

images

NO, you can't have it. It's mine. Get your own. Better yet, join me in La Cava and we'll have one together. Be there on Thursday the 13th of be square. Rumchata AND Fireball? Hellooooo, you're killing me Smalls.

By then, I'd think I'd better call it a day. A girl can only hold so much. And I don't want to be that Cretan. Doin' my part to keep things classy. If there's one thing, I do know, it's my limit- as does my wallet.

NO, you can't have it. It's mine. Get your own. Better yet, join me in La Cava and we'll have one together. Be there on Thursday the 13th of be square. Rumchata AND Fireball? Hellooooo, you're killing me Smalls.
You don't have to worry about me wanting to share one of these with you...........will definitely go for my own......or two! :banana:

Are you still going to be in Animal kingdom for f? I haven't ever been to the one there... But rainforest cafe (if you can just go to the bar and get a drink) has Firefly teas.
Firefly Pomegranate Tea - Firefly Sweet Tea vodka with pomegranate schnapps, fresh squeezed lemon juice and brewed iced tea.

Firefly Sweet Tea - Firefly Sweet Tea vodka with fresh squeezed lemon juice and brewed iced tea.

Firefly Peach Tea - Firefly Sweet Tea vodka with a touch of peach schnapps, fresh squeezed lemon juice and brewed iced tea.

Wow, I didn't realize I got so far behind! I've been caught up on FB but my Dis time is getting limited. Congrats on graduating! Good luck on your exam...multiple job offers is a really good thing!

Open Office is a great free Office program that you can use for Excel too. Also, sometimes you can get super cheap Microsoft products if you have a school email that ends in .edu. I've gotten a full version of Office for $10 or so before.

Jill in CO

You don't have to worry about me wanting to share one of these with you...........will definitely go for my own......or two! :banana:

I know they are your favorite. It may soon be one of mine too.

Are you still going to be in Animal kingdom for f? I haven't ever been to the one there... But rainforest cafe (if you can just go to the bar and get a drink) has Firefly teas.
Firefly Pomegranate Tea - Firefly Sweet Tea vodka with pomegranate schnapps, fresh squeezed lemon juice and brewed iced tea.

I was thinking of saving F for the following day where we'll be in DHS, the AoA pool area, and EPCOT. But ya never know.... if I were to grab something at AK the day before, this might be the ticket.

Wow, I didn't realize I got so far behind! I've been caught up on FB but my Dis time is getting limited. Congrats on graduating! Good luck on your exam...multiple job offers is a really good thing!

It has been quite a while since I've seen you in these parts. We miss you!

Thanks, Jill. One huge hurdle and getting closer to that job of mine- wherever it may be.

Open Office is a great free Office program that you can use for Excel too. Also, sometimes you can get super cheap Microsoft products if you have a school email that ends in .edu. I've gotten a full version of Office for $10 or so before.

I ended up buying Excel for $69.00 or so with my student discount, and yes, using my .edu account. $10.00 sounds like a scream of a deal.

I know an "F" drink but I'm sure they don't sell it in the parks. We used to drink them in college. And I'm sure the DIS will censor it. Flaming Gorilla Tits. It was Kahlua in a shot glass, bailey's on top and 151 just a smidge. Light it on fire, blow it out and suck it up with a straw so you dont burn your lips on the shot glass. Guaranteed you wont find these in any Disney bar!

I know an "F" drink but I'm sure they don't sell it in the parks. We used to drink them in college. And I'm sure the DIS will censor it. Flaming Gorilla Tits. It was Kahlua in a shot glass, bailey's on top and 151 just a smidge. Light it on fire, blow it out and suck it up with a straw so you dont burn your lips on the shot glass. Guaranteed you wont find these in any Disney bar!

Hilarious!! Wow!! Sounds like it's burn everything from lips to the end. I can see it as an ice cream topper nonetheless.

When we're crossing Pennsylvania on one of our several trips across the state each year, we like to stop at the Penn State Creamery for ice cream. And if we're traveling back home, we'll buy several half-gallons to bring back, packed in dry ice. Their stock varies, but a while back they had a Horchata flavored ice cream. We bought a half-gallon to try and I was the only one in the family who liked it, which was fine by me!!

When we're crossing Pennsylvania on one of our several trips across the state each year, we like to stop at the Penn State Creamery for ice cream. And if we're traveling back home, we'll buy several half-gallons to bring back, packed in dry ice. Their stock varies, but a while back they had a Horchata flavored ice cream. We bought a half-gallon to try and I was the only one in the family who liked it, which was fine by me!!

WHOA! Hold on there, Cowboy! That sounds amazing! And you got to have it ALL to yourself? So was it kind of cinnamon-y? Was it a rice based deal? I actually think I saw some in our local grocery store not too long back and text a photo to Marv. Should have picked some up.

Yummmerz!! I bought some rum raisin last week, and my kids even like it. I have good memories of my G'ma buying it for us when I'd spend time with them- Haagen Dazs (sp?). Mmmmmm!! :cloud9:

I am finally caught up. Switched jobs and the new one doesn't really allow Dis time. Totally unfair. Anyway, I am sneaking some time at lunch to get caught up. Congratulations on graduating! Hopefully you find something soon. I am now commuting an hour to work and home from Eugene to Salem, but it has been worth it. Cannot believe your trip is finally in the home stretch.

Good luck with the job hunt.

I am finally caught up. Switched jobs and the new one doesn't really allow Dis time. Totally unfair. Anyway, I am sneaking some time at lunch to get caught up. Congratulations on graduating! Hopefully you find something soon. I am now commuting an hour to work and home from Eugene to Salem, but it has been worth it. Cannot believe your trip is finally in the home stretch.

Good luck with the job hunt.

Oh boy, Shannon, been a VERY long since I've seen you here. That commute sux big time! YUCK! And you don't get much DIStime. That really stinks doubly!

But you're in Salem for work? We should totally get together for a quick lunch or coffee after your work day sometime! Seriously, I'd love to see you. :)

I know. I"ve been playing major hooky from studying the last few days and have been madly planning and trying to finalize some things for my trip. Pretty soon, I'll have to start packing- I know, majorly anal. Oh well... the excitement is building!!!

Those all look delish...well except the bloody mary one because I'm not a tomato juice fan...but all the power to you for trying the adventurous one!! And yeah..I'm a pretty cheap drunk lol so couldn't handle too many of those (though even a few would make me an expensive drunk at Disney lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter