The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- W is for Wonderful, Wet, Watery World! Pt 3 + PTR Link

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Steppesister, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Terra Nova guy

Terra Nova guy DIS Dad #811 Newfoundland, Canada

Well, as much as I love Disney and being in the bubble, my August trip is the first time I ever did NOT venture outside of the Disney bubble (besides the shopping excursions) and I sort of missed it. I did enjoy venturing to Universal. I've SeaWorld in the past. We normally would rent a house in Kissimmee and spend a few days just lounging by the private pool.

I really want to be listening to it right now, but I'm at work and can't access Youtube (it's my coffee break...ok?). But I'm thinking of it in my head. I really like that big band stuff. Having a quiet drink on the patio with Glenn Miller playing quietly in the background is a wonderful way to spend a summer afternoon.

What about old men who appear to be pregnant? Definitely frowned on I suppose.

Confession: I have never used Uber. It makes me a little nervous. I'm not sure why. I'm sure your experience is not the norm and in general it is fine. But I would still be tempted to take the standard taxi cab.

This is interesting. I have heard of Discovery Cove of course, but the most I knew is that you swim with Dolphins. I had pictured something like SeaWorld with a big concrete tank. Far different from the lush oasis it actually is. Now I would like to go there.
    I'm just not sure the $200+ per person is going to happen with a family of 4. Maybe something for a solo or adults only trip one day.

I have a feeling this is what Disney's service used to be, or should be, but sadly isn't anymore.

So, do you get to swim in the lagoon with these tropical fish? Don't answer if it's going to steal your thunder from another update. But if so, that's a part of DC I had no idea about.

Hmmm...very intriguing. I will certainly be looking forward to another update.

Steppesister likes this.
  2. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

Frowned upon unless they are wearing the proper attire.

Which is a speedo, of course.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Terra Nova guy

:rotfl2:
    Bannanna hammock?
    or was that a budgie smuggler?

5. pkondz

Did you want a photo to make the call?

6. Malia78

Malia78 Flotsam and Jetsam

Hi Liesa....

I am posting and saying hello...I can be very good at following instructions.

New year for you...sounds like it is off to the start you needed it to be.

--Karilynn

Steppesister likes this.
  7. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

All caught up!

The Edison looks really cool and I will need to check it out. The late night activities sounds intriguing as well.

Yum to the California Grill brunch. I have heard wonderful things about this meal.

Love love love all your photos from your excursions around Oregon, so beautiful.

Steppesister likes this.
  8. irene_dsc

irene_dsc DIS Veteran

Swimming with the dolphins has always been on my wish list, ever since reading the Madeleine L'Engle book featuring dolphins. (And I always mess up the title, because in my head, it's "the one with the dolphins," lol). (It's "A Ring of Endless Light," if you want the actual title. One of my absolute favorite books of all time.)

So, DC sounds like a pretty awesome experience! Can't wait to hear what topped the actual dolphin swim...

The single mom mention wasn't a big surprise, I have to admit. Sorry to hear it on a more official level, however. (((hugs))) Hope you can manage enough DIStime to help with your sanity...

Steppesister likes this.
  9. Malia78

Malia78 Flotsam and Jetsam

Looking back at the CG pictures, I'm not seeing my absolute favorite thing...the tempura shrimp sushi rolls. Are they hiding?

Steppesister likes this.
  10. pooh'smate

pooh'smate Stuck in the Middle

Love hearing about your day (so far) at Discovery Cove. I would love to get there but that price tag is hard to swallow for the 3 of us.

Steppesister likes this.
  11. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

:welcome::welcome::welcome: , Heidi!!

How wonderful to have you here! I was wondering who some of those that I know are reading are!

WHAT?! I was JUST in Hillsboro on Thursday moving my daughter there. :) She's near the Elmonica Station. I'm sure I'll be up there again soonish; I'd love to say hello in person sometime. There's a pretty good Indian place right near there. I used to live in Beaverton. Small world!

If you're on FB, you can find my photography page called Lincoln Landing Photography. :) There are some of Eastern Oregon, The Painted Hills, and other places. :)

I would absolutely encourage you to pick up photography again. It's a great hobby to get people out and find that creativity everyone has. ::yes::

12. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

Okay All,

More replies tomorrow on my "day off". I'm getting a steroid injection into C6-7 (my neck) for the neck injury I got a few months ago. Hoping A) It doesn't hurt too much and, B) It helps the pain and numbness and tingling down my arm enough to make me be able to avoid a disk replacement.

For now, just too pooped to finish up. Heading to bed early. Because I am not heading to Disney and getting up at 6:00 to have a needle get stabbed in your neck sucks. So it won't be easy to get up. But coffee will help. It will also help knowing it'll be my co-workers taking care of me. Let me tell ya, it is SO weird seeing your own name on the schedule!!

Now, nighty night, Friends. :)

DonnaBeeGood and MeghanEmily like this.
  13. thumper*

thumper* Disney Dreamer

:scared1: $20 for a grilled cheese is ridiculous, even if it is very large. But that's Disney.

Should of asked her for a tampon that's what we use in the ER.

Your Cali Grill Brunch sounds amazing I can't wait to do it some day, unfortunately DH balks at the $80 pp price tag and said no to it during the Epic May trip.

I had been wondering how your neck was and thought it might have been much better since you were able to do your Oregon trip. Hope your injection works for you.

Looking forward to hearing more about your DC day.

Steppesister likes this.
  14. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

:eek::faint:

Blasphemy!

Ok, I'm thinking of doing that too.

You mean these people exist??

I'll save it for when I can go by myself! :rotfl:

What is this world coming to?

:sad2:

It looks extremely lush.

Wow! High praise!

Now this is the best inside info yet! Will have to make use of this.

Welp.

Yikes. You almost upset the space-time continuum! Good thing you pulled back from the brink.

She must not be one of those happy 6:00 a.m. people.

Sounds like a blast. You look pleased as punch!

I've lost a lot, too. Always seems to happen after the first few chapters.

Steppesister likes this.
  15. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

Good morning, Steppe. Welcome to your day off!

B8ACD5EB-1912-44F7-A1FA-97063CE37B5D.jpeg

DonnaBeeGood likes this.
  16. Terra Nova guy

Of all the reasons to get up in the morning, that has to be just about the worst. And that picture...I just did a girly heebie-jeebies dance.
    I hope it helps you at least.

Steppesister likes this.
  17. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

I’m incensed!! I was NOT handed a mimosa afterwards, nor given hot stones during it.

:snooty:

18. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

Reading, but not up to multi quoting. I'm still working on my cup of coffee!

I've always wanted to try Discovery Cove, but I don't think I could get Fran up and over there that early and I'm not sure how much she could do there anyways, so I've kind of taken that off the list.

I thought the breakfast there was just continental not full on eggs and bacon. I do have to say that the thing at the bottom of your plate looks like something that my cats would leave for me. :laughing:

I would have somehow enabled myself to have coffee while in the car. I can't go that long without coffee!

Interesting to see the process and how the place works. Odd that they are so militant about the opening time for the lagoon. And I didn't think it was too long at all. I would rather have heard more.....

19. pkondz

That sounds... not so fun. But hopefully it will help with your troubles.

:hug:

And... how was it? (since you posted the X-ray, I know it's done already)

Probably far too soon (maybe?) to tell yet, so... hope this helps with all of that.

Umm.... I've been accused of being a pain in the neck fairly often (just ask my mom... heck any of my family) but... you actually have photographic proof!

20. pkondz

I had thought the same thing... didn't look... appetizing.

That's the word I was looking for! Yes! Militant!
    Maybe they didn't have lifeguards on duty yet? :confused3

21. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

Yikes on the needle in your spine! I hope you feel better after that!

And I got a nosebleed last night. :sad1: At least I was already in the bathroom and sitting down, but I blew my nose too hard and boom! Like three pieces of toilet paper later covered it blood it finally went away.