The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

Tomorrow has me going west. As far west as anyone can go and still not swim. ;)

I haven't been to the Oregon Coast in a VERY long time and my camera and I have a date with beachy vistas, blowholes, and tide pools. I also have a date with a brunch so will be ringing in the new year with good food and good friends. I'm planning to be up about 4:00 and out the door shortly after so I can get some nice early morning shots. :)

And mimosas. Every New Year should be rung in with a mimosa. And all you can eat seafood and prime rib.

Anyhow, how are you all spending your day off? Whatever it is, I hope it's a fantastic celebration... whether it's in your pajamas sipping coffee and by a fire, or outdoors recreating.

maxresdefault.jpg

Love you all,

Steppe

And Happy New Year to you too!

I'll be spending my "day off" by working alone from 6:30am - 2:45pm and then again from 10:30pm - 6:45am the next morning.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Heh, I'll keep writing as my readership dwindles. Glad you'e sticking around. :)

HEY!

My geriatric memory is like a steel trap.

with a sieve underneath.

As for my trip reporting. Um, er..... Tate tells great stories?

John Nash is a great listener.

HEY! We met on common ground! I like that!

I feel there should be a horse riding in the desert somewhere in this update now.

Name can be generous with that anytime!

<snort>

More smiling, animation than when the camera was not there.

I expect crystal bowls to soak my feet in. Apparently that's all the rage. :laughing:

Probably. That's how I roll.

I've not seen it anywhere else.

I didn't wander over as $15 was a bit out of my willingness-to-spend range. It's quite possible that those were an option.

Eat lamb often?

WAY More than enough!

I"m finding that Disney has so much more to offer... trying to find the "other" side of Disney.

I thought you might like that given all your talk of Bennies on your threads.

Pure dumb luck.

No.

So that's a bottle each (that I saw).

Shush! You're giving away all my secrets!

Me neither. Super creative!

I like a good mix of new and tried.
Too hard to try to quote on phone...

I can only speak for myself....

It's not your readership has declined, but rather your reader's replyship.

Tomorrow has me going west. As far west as anyone can go and still not swim. ;)

I haven't been to the Oregon Coast in a VERY long time and my camera and I have a date with beachy vistas, blowholes, and tide pools. I also have a date with a brunch so will be ringing in the new year with good food and good friends. I'm planning to be up about 4:00 and out the door shortly after so I can get some nice early morning shots. :)

And mimosas. Every New Year should be rung in with a mimosa. And all you can eat seafood and prime rib.

Anyhow, how are you all spending your day off? Whatever it is, I hope it's a fantastic celebration... whether it's in your pajamas sipping coffee and by a fire, or outdoors recreating.

maxresdefault.jpg

Love you all,

Steppe
I'll be ringing in the new year looking for furniture for new house.

Let me cut to the chase and say this was one of the most pleasant dining experiences I’ve ever had at Disney World.
It looks incredible! Now I am seriously thinking of adding it to my list for July!

After I got off, I was greeted by name- a HUGE indication that was this about to be an exceptionally elegant, classy, and very special event. The only place that’s ever done that before for me was V&A’s. My lovely hostess stopped on the way to the table beside a huge tray of pre-poured mimosas (Photo later) and handed me one to start off my morning. Not much screams wowza more than a fluted glass of bubbly with unknown balls in the bottom. I’ll get to that….
Perfection!

While I was slowly enjoying the meatballs, the Eggs Benedict arrived and as he set them on the table, he said that the house-made sausage and bacon were “to die for” so he thought I’d enjoy that too and brought it. Ummm, okay. While I did appreciate that he was being extremely generous, and I did enjoy a couple pieces of bacon and a sausage patty, it was becoming so much food that it was almost embarrassing. OY! I ate only one of the Benedicts as I was just getting too full for more. I also knew that dessert was something I did want to save SOME room for. By now, I’d been there for well over an hour and a half and was in zero hurry to rush or leave. The whole event was very, very nicely paced.
Wow! Those portions are HUGE......how did you manage to even try it all?

Dessert arrived, and it was as lovely as the rest of the special foods I’d enjoyed that morning.
It looks amazing. :)

I also asked him to take my picture to document the occasion. :) I wasn't tipsy at all. (No, really. I wasn't. But the stupid grin on my face might make you doubt me.)
Love this picture...you look happy and quite pleased with yourself.

Steppe’s overall impressions? Amazing meal in every aspect. The view is exquisite, the ambiance including the live music, the attention to detail and great service, combined with excellent, fresh food makes this a meal WELL worth the high price tag. I had 3 mimosas ($36 alone if bought in any other, or this, place on property) that were included. I lingered for about 2 hours start to finish and took time to truly enjoy what I was paying for. The restaurant was not crowded, but busy enough to give the place some pleasant white noise and buzz. Would I do it again? 100% yes! In fact, I am. The EPIC Trip Ladies are going in May and I am excited to take my mom to this. I know she’s going to really enjoy herself as will I. Would I do this every trip. Yes, if the budget and schedule allows, yes, I would. There a few places I'd go quite often and this is on that list!
That is a ringing endorsement if I have ever heard one.

Enjoy your day! We are going for a hike in the woods this afternoon and out for dinner at our local pub tonight. The boys were all at parties last night so this will be a nice chance to hang out with them. Happy New Year!

Fell a little behind due to the holidays but I'm caught up now. The waterfall you photographed looked gorgeous; no wonder it's the number 1 tourist destination in the state.

Your brunch at California Grill sounds lovely. I like how they stressed that the setting is fancy, but you don't necessarily have to be.
And mimosas and lattes, I didn't even need to see the food pictures to know this meal was a winner. :rotfl2: I'm now officially writing this dining experience down for a place to take my mom in November.

Well, I'd hate to disappoint you.

Gxaltl2RKQYBbbIq9mXi-96yRHj6EkUWa1Cnke4ZFdvM29Br6-yz1ElMZe6WuIudDnhjmkJQaexafCbaXPnBgJMinWYaJnw6exy2gUJXtua8vCCxP5mKhSVrVvsWyUAz2vAnFfvl843eT--JdHKFVnTEtStvV56IbDbcWtOkK5jaJMux4rURhXTs-4wPlryeaQ3etoF8gJsBrlfouPt4FSXI55uzSnBgeQ3Y5cc0iXwaDAT6xeGwthyCQMg1YYTU9Y18Eh4AlalBCdoXKC26tt7sZ9fO_wH1Va5orAH9_xF2U6_2tV6Hc1vTbd_ze9UJiE3qL_m09Tj__3Zy6I2QXDGTmDtMpZJgoxOL_u6Dc_yquDBR0wGTEb8gGYG5Q_LAdvC-Fkacnc3le2ZHCZ8kx071wDVW8zzaJ_HLT9vYXU2iycJ_ZqdCFIrzeZ47j9sA8jJr_4myh0l7nuDq6r-4r1lFmQD_mkimrBEdxMLoAP87wImErteeW4PWRbyZ9lbaFpaaRi0wal4vcrJkG5lqZ_waiaZT0jm0LPCvGvEUxOxUipNhpaXagCR_PQ5gfHGZuJkhsX3gUTjuWCQKJgaUJsE1qoGkjvuy8hJkbT9JFvFiWSJOnQMMO9FrvND0yyiKCO_jzc71n6yivOHMn7HXoP2r=w279-h320-no

I know I can always count on you, Mark!

Huh. So THAT's where it goes. Interesting.

Well, only if you're me and don't want an embarrassing slop mark on your lap.

Oh, wow. That's just glorious. Why would you ever leave?

It was bliss sitting there.

Oh, come on. We all know that's not the real reason.

THAT's the real reason. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: There's ALWAYS room for dessert.

Always.

Holy cow. That must have been some achievement.

I suppose if dropping $300 on alcohol in one meal could be called that. :confused3

Sounds like it will be quite the treat for you all!

I imagine so!!

Looks like a fantastic meal! And who wouldn't like those views!

It was so wonderful, Jeff. Just a real treat.

California Grill is one of those places I would like to go but have never been. It doesn't seem to be the place for a family meal, which is why I haven't been as of yet. Perhaps one day if I do an adults only trip.

I think you'd really enjoy it for a couple's meal. :) I'd give it a try for sure! Maybe now that the girls are a bit older you can take that adult trip you've been wanting to.

Hi Liesa! I am REALLY late to this party, but wanted to pop in to say that I absolutely love your TR!!!! You are so creative and the entire report has been very well thought out.:P

HI JENNY!!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

It's super great to have you here and joining in! You are NEVER "late" here at all. Everyone's welcome at any time to hop in and hang out. :hug:

I have loads more to come as I try to keep my updates short and readable. I can't always guarantee high quality entertainment, but the more chatter and "talk" the better.

I love the scavenger hunts, the bounding outfits, and your photography.

Thank you for your complements and I will keep writing and sharing as time allows. :goodvibes More bounding, scavenger hunts and photos to come!

Can't wait to meet in person in May!!!

YAY!!! Planning on lots of fun activities to hang out and get to know you. :hug:

More shoutouts this weekend. Helped my daughter officially move into her very first apartment today and launch her off into "adulthood". She leaves for her job orientation with her first REAL job Sunday and I couldn't be prouder. All the hard work, $$$, and parenting is paying off. 3 down, 2 to go.....

Oh, pfffttt... I saw what @Jenny Sanders wrote.

Heh, the numbers tell a different story. ;)

Oohhh... nice one.

Even a blind monkey can get a base hit here and there.

:goodvibes

(Whether it will happen again or not... :confused3)

You never know!

'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain?

Oh trust me. I have plenty of that and more.

:laughing: You'll have to hit up Tracy for that. It's hers, not mine.

Nah, I'm no competition for a cute young'un. She can have her bowl.

No. But it’s not the lamb, it’s the sauce that didn’t really appeal.

Ah, well, lucky for you there's PLENTY more to choose from.

Still here and reading but have not had much time to comment. Just wanted to let you know I was still around. I think you were sitting where we did at California Grill.
Ah, I'm so glad you're still here! Did you know you're one of my longest standing readers? I always get a smile on my face when you post. :hug:

And Happy New Year to you too!

I'll be spending my "day off" by working alone from 6:30am - 2:45pm and then again from 10:30pm - 6:45am the next morning.
Well, we're 5 days into 2019... so far so good?

So, I have finally, but very sadly, accepted the fact that I can no longer be a daily DISser. :( Working a full time job of 4 10's (or more) is tough and I need my one day off during the week for business hours type errands or trying my best to be a single mom. Weekends I have to do the mundane stuff of cleaning and generally catching up on necessary business-y stuff. The DIS is, out of necessity and sanity, a weekend thing now and if I'm lucky an occasional weekday hobby. I do VERY faithfully read comments and try very hard to keep up on the threads I'm on, but not as well as I'd like to. Just trying to hang on and learn a new normal. Truth be told, it's a welcome escape...

I also decided to pursue an accreditation/certification in my field of perianesthesia nursing. It's a rigorous exam this Spring and I need to begin studying for it. For now the pilot's license is put on hold for $$ (which admittedly I may never have) and better weather. It's rarely VFR in the winter here.

So, I realize that's probably WAY too much TMI, but thought you might be interested. :)

It looks incredible! Now I am seriously thinking of adding it to my list for July!

You should! I'd easily pay extra for this and eat CS a couple of extra times if needed. It was that good!

Wow! Those portions are HUGE......how did you manage to even try it all?

Well I did eat a whole bennie (one half, I guess), a couple of the meatballs, and those few small plates of finger foods/starters. I didn't eat much the rest of the day for sure!

Love this picture...you look happy and quite pleased with yourself.

I was in 7th Heaven!

That is a ringing endorsement if I have ever heard one.

I will definitely be going back!

Enjoy your day! We are going for a hike in the woods this afternoon and out for dinner at our local pub tonight. The boys were all at parties last night so this will be a nice chance to hang out with them. Happy New Year!

Sounds like a wonderful day! Did you take any photos? I'd love to see them!

Fell a little behind due to the holidays but I'm caught up now. The waterfall you photographed looked gorgeous; no wonder it's the number 1 tourist destination in the state.

Welcome back, but holidays are always a legit reason to take a break and be with family doing fun stuff! :)

It's quite a lovely spot. I think Crater Lake is pretty, maybe moreso, but is out of the way and harder to get to.

Your brunch at California Grill sounds lovely. I like how they stressed that the setting is fancy, but you don't necessarily have to be.
And mimosas and lattes, I didn't even need to see the food pictures to know this meal was a winner. :rotfl2: I'm now officially writing this dining experience down for a place to take my mom in November.

I think there is the standard Disney signature dining dress code, but it's casual enough to still feel like this is a special meal.

I will look forward to hearing how she (and you) like it!

I wanted to share a few of the take-aways from my New Year's Day trip to the Central Oregon Coast. Then, I'm going to hit up your threads until I'm caught up and then get to writing again.

Thanks for hanging around and..... a word to the Lurkers...

It'd be so wonderful to have you say hello. :) Come on out and play! The more the merrier and I promise none of us here bites.

And now, off to read your stories!

Hope your weekend is a fantastic one!

Oh, and if you haven't seen Mary Poppins by now, you should have! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!