The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

Well actually... so am I! I downloaded them from my camera to the computer, but haven't had a chance to even look at them! :laughing:
I know you'll get to it when you have time. Unless you're like me, which means you won't actually do it until you NEED them for an update. :lmao:

Oh???????

Coming. When I do my Chapter on the MK Scavenger Hunt.

It would be nice if you could be compensated for your constipation. Sorry, just a rumination.

:scratchin

:lmao:

O.... M.... G.....

I really need to stop answering threads when I'm tired.
I meant to say that "sauntering" was a waddle. But instead I wound up insulting myself!!!!

Gotha!!!! :laughing:

Well... poop.

Yes. Food does that.

:laughing: ;) Like those boys, do ya? Easy on the eyes? Just a bit?

I suspect I have zero chance of becoming a server there.

Not being Italian and all. :rolleyes:

Minor details.

28112553-a-woman-stuffing-her-face-with-chocolate-cake-she-is-covered-all-over-in-frosting-and-cake-.jpg

She kinda looks like Tinkerbelle. Hmmmm.... she may not fit into her little green dress very long doing that.

:laughing:

Distending one's stomach on demand is more like a super power.

Brings a whole new meaning to Elastigirl!

Hard pass.

You and your rum.

Looking forward to that!

I'll get there. Eventually.

I'm so far behind, I can't be witty and quote stuff. You are daring to try all the treats altering your shape and size and consciousness! :laughing:

All in the altogether altrustic interest of Trip Reporting. I mean I only had my readers' best interests in mind.

Eh, hemmm.... :rolleyes1

Nice Alice Steampunk costume. I'm considering going solo to the party next year and letting Fran sleep in the room if she wants. I want pictures!!! You did great on getting yours.

Thanks! I've seen some of your very creative costuming from year's past, so I have NO doubt you'll come up with something amazing!

I totally think you should!! Or if our trips overlap we could meet up! The photos are fun to get; not sure I need repeat ones next year, but I may try to get the few I did miss (Hitchhiking Ghosts for sure!)

This is how far behind that I am! You posted this on 11/2 and I'm just now reading it. What did I do that weekend? Lay around like a slug and just barely start to get my appetite back after a week of being sick. :crazy2:

I was actually getting worried about you and very nearly emailed you. Or texted. :guilty: I should have. I hope you're feeling better by now, Alison- you were missed!!!

The bun looks like a garden variety dinner roll from the supermarket. I'd expect something a bit more Food and Wine ish......

I agree. My mom buys this kind on occasion, they're, IMHO, rather average.

upload_2018-11-17_19-36-43.jpeg

Cheesy pasta is life!

Altogether now....

CHEESY PASTA IS LIFE!!!

I would be incredibly irritated.....but dessert has a way of making things better.

That's the way I see it.

And to be fair, I actually am more of a savory over sweet kind of gal, but this looked so amazing!

That's pretty much my mantra!

I like you more and more!

I just read both of your F&W updates and it makes me so happy that I'm going back the first weekend in October!

Then we will miss you by a month or so. Ours is the 2nd week of Sept. Stupid school schedules.

I really liked the bacon mac and cheese too, as well as the shinkenudeln. I can't see how butternut squash ravioli would be good, but then again, it's the one squash I don't care for. Is the poutine a regular menu item at Refreshment Port? I may have to get that in March.

I need to make the loaded Mac and Cheese soon. So GOOD!

Have you tried butternut squash soup? I love it made with fresh ginger and garlic and chicken broth.

The poutine, from what I understand is there permanently. I have no other poutine to compare it to, so can't say if this was "great poutine", but I did enjoy it. It's enough for a small meal.

I was wondering if she was yanking my chain when she said "cilantro".

;)

Who? Me?

When we have a DIS meet at EPCOT you can order the beer and when you don't like it you can give it to me! :laughing:

Well, you can't have mine. Cuz I'm ordering the grapefruit one again. Mmmm!!!

I guess not all dishes can be winners, but it is disappointing when most of what you order turns out to be a dud. I'm sad to hear the pork slider was bad; it's something that's always interested me.

I was sad to have had 3 in a row that weren't my cup of tea. But, now I know what NOT to get next year! Even though it was icky, I'm still glad I finally tried the slider so I could satisfy my curiosity. Now I can scoff at it with an informed attitude. :laughing:

But hooray for Germany saving the day! Leave it to a refreshing alcoholic beverage on a hot day to turn the tables around. :rotfl2:

Germany saved the day this round! :banana:

Too bad some of your eats were disappointing. I guess the drinks might have been redeeming. That martini dessert looks fabulousLy decadent.

It was so, so good. I know now to let the ice cream soften into the booze a bit to make it taste better to me.

I am excited to be going to Disneyland Resort Dec 17 -20 for official agent education. Sweet Brook hooked me up! Looking forward to eating some Christmas treats!

Oh nice, Tammie!!! You'll enjoy that a lot! Are you going with Brook or with other agents? How fun!! Post some photos here when you get back!!

I was actually getting worried about you and very nearly emailed you. Or texted. :guilty: I should have. I hope you're feeling better by now, Alison- you were missed!!!

Thank you. It was very icky. I rarely get sick and it was not good, but as I posted in my TR, my voodoo witch doctor made us better. It took a bit but we are finally feeling good again.

Thank you. It was very icky. I rarely get sick and it was not good, but as I posted in my TR, my voodoo witch doctor made us better. It took a bit but we are finally feeling good again.

I saw that. :) Just glad you're feeling better now. Any news on the rental? Or the garages?

This dish had sounded so delicious and I was so excited for it, but sadly those hopes disappeared as quickly as my self-restraint does when a carrot cake shows up in the staff lounge. It was more tasteless than SNL on any given weekend.
SNL? Is that still on?

Here’s my beef, er… pork: The bun was a soggy mess and totally fell apart when I picked it up to eat it. The pork part was good, but I dunno
That is one of my favorites but something was off with it this year. Not sure exactly what but I definitely wasn't as impressed with it this year.

Ice Cream Martini - 2 scoops of ice cream or sorbet, served in a martini glass with a shot of Grand Marnier, Whipped Cream Vodka or Rum $11.97
Where in the world did you find that??? I know I'm a Disney newbie but I've never seen or heard of that. I need one of those!

P is for: Painfully Problematic (Annual) Pass Purchase

Some things in life should be easy. Things like buying bread and eggs at the grocery store, paying your electric bill, and making a pie. Except I never got that last one; a good pie is incredibly difficult to make and it sucks every time I have to do it. So naturally I volunteered myself to make a Bourbon-Chocolate Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving. :rolleyes2 Because I'm an idiot. But, that's not what this update is about at all. It's about something entirely different that should be a piece of cake (mmmmm, cake!) to do, but was about as hard as making a good pie.

And just to be thorough, here's the the "easy as pie" I'm going to attempt Wednesday night:

https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/chocolate-bourbon-pecan-pie-recipe

upload_2018-11-18_14-15-8.jpeg

Okay where was I...?

Right! Attempting to get my very first Annual Pass. Probably my only one too, but that's beside the point and irrelevant to the story.

It's been a long-standing tradition of mine to begin my trips with a dip into Downtown Disney. (Yes, I realize it's not called that anymore, but DTD is so much easier to type and rolls off the tongue so much better.) Coming from the Left Coast, unless you take a red eye, (I've done it; and it also sucks.) you arrive too late to burn a day's ticket in a park. So the obvious thing to do is get into the bubble by having dinner and shopping a bit at DTD, so that's what I did. And it was a fabulous, short boat ride from POFQ on a warm Autumn evening. Love me some French Quarter!

I arrived WAY before my ADR at Morimoto, so had oodles of time to kill. Little did I know...

Here's a photo or two so you aren't incredibly bored as you read all of this drivel.

After doing a fair bit of leisurely browsing along the way, the first order of business was to grab my first ever Annual Pass. With 3 trips this year planned, I thought if there was ever a year that a Pass would make sense, this was it! This should be EASY, right?!

A CM took my name with a tablet at a podium at the entrance and invited me to wait in some comfy chairs in the waiting area and to help myself to some free water. I passed the 15 or 20 minutes waiting for my name to be called by admiring the concept art hung on the walls. I'd read the back story to the re-imagined DTD years ago and still think it works. This was my favorite piece:

If you've never read the new "Disney Springs" backstory, you might find this interesting; it's lengthy, but well-worth the read. I think it gives a fresh insight to the area which may help you appreciate it more:

https://www.mouseplanet.com/11340/The_Story_Behind_Disney_Springs

Soon enough, after I made sure Disney was out of some of their profit by drinking their water, I was called. My plan was to pay for the AP with (2) 7-day Hoppers and a 5-day Hopper I'd bought from a 3rd party seller (UT) purchased before the last price hike. After about 15-20 minutes, the nice lady told me this was going to take a little longer because of how I was paying for it.

Oh. Okay...

I waited.

She typed.

I waited some more.

A lot more.

After about 5 years, she gives me the goods along with some sort of waiver or something to sign because, she explained, normally they won't take more than one ticket in exchange for the AP, but she was making an exception this time. I think I was signing an agreement that this was a one-time exception, which I thought was nice. Like I said, I'm an idiot.

By exchanging the 3 tickets, I was also given, along with my shiny new AP card, a pretty sizable Disney Gift Card to use at my discretion. At first when she was explaining everything to me by going over my receipts it LOOKED like I still OWED $400 and change because it read: "Balance". I always think of balance as something due, but not in this case... it was the balance ON the card. I was SO confused and it took her another 10 minutes to explain that that was what was my "change" that was ON the GC. Derp. :rolleyes2 Like I said..

Anyway, after the AP purchase I turned right back around and used some of that GC on a TIW card. Since I had quite a few TS meals planned on this trip, I knew it'd start to pay for itself pretty quickly. It did, but I won't bore you with those details. I KNOW it's going to get a good work out in May since I have O'hana, Cali Grill Brunch, and GF Tea planned for 2 of us. I think by the end of the next trip it'll have paid for itself entirely.

After a full hour of my time purchasing my goodies, I was finally able to get a photo like this:

The giddiness exudes, no?

Don't be fooled, that was only the first hour of drama associated with the AP.

Sure, it was getting me into the park, but that was all it was doing for me. Here's my first entrance the next day using the Elitists' Entrance:

It's also a sneak peek at my Dory Bounding. ;)

On my 2nd day in the parks, I was in the situation where I wanted to add another FiP after I'd used my 3. I hopped on the app and the only message I got was, "You do not have the entitlements for this" or some other such ridiculous nonsense. Of course I had the entitlements. I was rocking an AP. Right?

RIGHT?!?!

Well, crap. Clearly something was wrong.

Luckily, I had another evening at DTD planned, so after my next dinner there (the Edison) I stopped back into Guest Services. This time I was shown into a private room. That can NEVER be a good sign.... This time, it took closer to 2 hours, (no, literally) only to have the nice CM tell me that not only could she not "fix" it, but after talking with IT for an hour, they could not fix it either. In the end, she told me that they put an "investigation ticket" in for IT to find a solution to my AP issues and that I'd hear back from them "soon". In the meantime, I'd know it was fixed if I could use the app to make additional FiPs. For my trouble, she did give me 3 anytime/any attraction FiPs to use for each remaining day of my trip. I don't think I even used more than a couple of them, but it was nice.

By the next day, it was "fixed". Or so I thought.

At least I could use the app.

My best guess was that they used an old MDE account that I'd used a few years back to link it to. But my ADRs, hotel ressie, and everything else was on the newer one. I have NO idea how on earth the original CM could have botched it up so badly, but to be fair it could also have just been a glitch in the automated system and beyond her control. Regardless, it was usable enough as it was for the remainder of my trip.

But not so much when I got home. :guilty:

I'll pull a Paul Harvey and give you..... the rest of the story:

When I got home and tried to pull up my Photopass pix, they all had watermarks all over them and it kept telling me I had to buy them. Ummmm, no. An AP Holder doesn't buy their photos, it's one of the perks. That was the tip off that something was still dreadfully wrong. On my next day off from work, I called up IT and spent <no exaggeration> 3+ hours on the phone with them. To make a long story short, my old account WAS still active and the AP was accidentally linked to that. So, since my reservation was linked to the new(er) one, all of my PP pix were there too with NO AP linked to it. So, after the 3 hours of IT fixing it, I was transferred to the PP Folks and spent another half hour with them so they could fix their part. In the end, while I will now have "free" photos and MM for all of my trips this year, the batch from this trip would only be available to me for 1 month like for regular ticket holders because "the limits are pre-set by an automated system and can't be re-set by a human". Which is stupid. Every system should be able to have a human override built in, no? <visions of 2001 haunt me now> Whatever. I'd downloaded all I wanted and moved on.

They assure me it's all fixed now and I should have my AP linked to the correct account.

If I show up to CSR in May and there are issues, I'm going to be one very unhappy AP Holder.

The moral of the story is m
aking pie is easier and less time consuming than buying a Disney AP, and it shouldn't take 7 hours of my time to buy a $900 Disney item. :sad2:

Your homework, Boys and Girls: Post a photo from your Holiday Happenings. They make me happy. :)

Last edited:
SNL? Is that still on?

Yep, and they just got in trouble for mocking a Vet who lost his eye in combat. :sad2: They did give a public apology, but please... a little respect.

That is one of my favorites but something was off with it this year. Not sure exactly what but I definitely wasn't as impressed with it this year.

I'm pretty sure mine was because it sat too long, but I wonder if they started cutting corners on it and it's gone downhill.

Where in the world did you find that??? I know I'm a Disney newbie but I've never seen or heard of that. I need one of those!

In the France Pavilion at L'Artisan de Glaces- the ice cream place. :)

https://i2.wp.com/*******************.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/DSCF1616_zpsvdt8srbn-834x1024-650x798.jpg?resize=650%2C798

Ice Cream Martini - 2 scoops of ice cream or sorbet, served in a martini glass with a shot of Grand Marnier, Whipped Cream Vodka or Rum $11.97

I wanted to share a few of photos that I recently took from an outing I went on with my local Photo Club. We visited 4 covered bridges that are within an hour of Salem. It was a gorgeous Fall Day that started out foggy, but turned lovely by the time we reached our 3rd covered bridge. It was a nice way to take a break from the stress of everyday life and to get out in the great outdoors and do something I love. :)

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Oh my. I am constantly amazed at Disney and the terrible IT. For everything they do so well, IT is something they do not. I certainly should not take that much of your time to purchase a product from any company - no matter what the payment method or situation.

I am considering having a Fakesgiving this Thursday to acknowledge my American neighbours. Albeit a simple roast chicken dinner with maybe a pie for dessert. Whatever can be accomplished on a work & school night. If I do, I will have to remember a photo. Otherwise, you may just get a photo of taco night.

Here's a photo or two so you aren't incredibly bored as you read all of this drivel.

I'm pretty sure that I took the same exact picture as the second one on my trip. I"m pretty sure though that it isn't as pretty as yours. :D

Beautiful!

OK, now about the AP upgrade... Wow, just wow! What a crazy experience. I do have to say that Disney IT seems to have gone from bad to worse lately. I had to call at least 4 times for my October trip with technical issues before the trip and I've never had to do that before. We also had issues with our Magical Express reservations even though I had the confirmation e-mail which shows I submitted all the information!

I'm now wondering what to do in May. See, I have an AP right now that expires 1/2/19. My next two trips are May 2019 and Feb 2020 so renewing the AP is not worth the money. Right now I have a package with tickets for the May trip and I was planning to upgrade to an AP while there. But maybe I just need to go ahead and purchase a new AP and change my package to a room only. I will have to stop and activate the AP on my first day but it might be safer than trying to upgrade. Maybe I'll ask the experts in our Facebook group what they think would be easiest!

Oh and as of right now, I have no festive pictures to post. :sad2: Being just Jim and I, we don't do a lot for Thanksgiving or Christmas. My Mom is coming for Thanksgiving this year but that's unusual.

I know you'll get to it when you have time. Unless you're like me, which means you won't actually do it until you NEED them for an update. :lmao:

Yep!
Pictures?
Nope. Not until I need them. ;)

Coming. When I do my Chapter on the MK Scavenger Hunt.

Standing by.

Gotha!!!! :laughing:

:sad2:

But at least I spelled everything right.

:snooty:

Yes. Food does that.

She kinda looks like Tinkerbelle. Hmmmm.... she may not fit into her little green dress very long doing that.

I can see her little wings beating as fast as possible, trying to lift her widening girth off the ground...

Brings a whole new meaning to Elastigirl!

Smileycoffeespit_zps78mxykvg.gif

You and your rum.

I believe you mean... you and your rum.

Altogether now....

CHEESY PASTA IS LIFE!!!

CHEESY PASTA IS LIFE!!!

I wanted to share a few of photos that I recently took from an outing I went on with my local Photo Club. We visited 4 covered bridges that are within an hour of Salem. It was a gorgeous Fall Day that started out foggy, but turned lovely by the time we reached our 3rd covered bridge. It was a nice way to take a break from the stress of everyday life and to get out in the great outdoors and do something I love. :)

Will mention this before I comment on the update.
I did see those on Facebook. They're really nice! I've never even seen a covered bridge, let alone photographed one.
I'm quite envious you know. I was going to do one on my last road trip, but...

Well, that's a story for a future update.

P is for: Painfully Problematic (Annual) Pass Purchase

Uh, oh...

Things like buying bread and eggs at the grocery store

Saw this the other day:

I love that line... "You walnut".

Funny thing. I mentioned it to one of my kids and she says "I always thought you were counting them too!"

a good pie is incredibly difficult to make

Depends on the pie.
I have (sure. I'm boasting.) made amazing apple pies (Think stacked 6" high)
But some... are more difficult than others.

So naturally I volunteered myself to make a Bourbon-Chocolate Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving.

Of course you did. Always volunteer to do things that you can't do.

Hilarity ensues...

Because I'm an idiot.

But, that's not what this update is about at all.

Not about pie?

I'm outta here!

Well... I'll read the rest... but I want pie.

mmmm.... pie.

And just to be thorough, here's the the "easy as pie" I'm going to attempt Wednesday night:

I'm not a fan of pecan pie, so can't say as I'd like it. But... it does have chocolate, so it can't be all bad.

Okay where was I...?

I don't know. You lost me at pie.

Cake too.

Right! Attempting to get my very first Annual Pass. Probably my only one too, but that's beside the point and irrelevant to the story.

Check Annual pass is irrelevant to the story.

Downtown Disney. (Yes, I realize it's not called that anymore, but DTD is so much easier to type and rolls off the tongue so much better.)

Correct.

Coming from the Left Coast, unless you take a red eye, (I've done it; and it also sucks.) you arrive too late to burn a day's ticket in a park.

Same with coming from up here. We almost always have to leave early and then connect through Toronto. By the time we get there, it's late afternoon, early evening...
And that's if we're lucky!

And it was a fabulous, short boat ride from POFQ on a warm Autumn evening. Love me some French Quarter!

Love that boat ride.
Some day I'd love to stay at POFQ.

I arrived WAY before my ADR at Morimoto

Will you talk about it too?
Kinda curious about the place since Su-Lynn talked about it.

Those pumpkins look a bit pale. They need some sun, obviously. You should've moved them out of the shade.

This should be EASY, right?!

Right!!

Right?

right?

hello?

Like that. :)

If you've never read the new "Disney Springs" backstory, you might find this interesting; it's lengthy, but well-worth the read. I think it gives a fresh insight to the area which may help you appreciate it more:

https://www.mouseplanet.com/11340/The_Story_Behind_Disney_Springs

Thanks for that. Interesting read.

Soon enough, after I made sure Disney was out of some of their profit by drinking their water, I was called.

So you're the reason ticket prices have gone up!!

After about 5 years, she gives me the goods

By then you'd need five APs!

Like I said, I'm an idiot.

Yeah, but you're cute. So you get a pass.

At first when she was explaining everything to me by going over my receipts it LOOKED like I still OWED $400 and change because it read: "Balance".

Eep!

I always think of balance as something due, but not in this case... it was the balance ON the card. I was SO confused and it took her another 10 minutes to explain that that was what was my "change" that was ON the GC. Derp. :rolleyes2 Like I said..

No. I would have done the exact same thing. $400 balance! This is highway robbery! This is so.... Disney!!!!"

I think by the end of the next trip it'll have paid for itself entirely.

I first read that as "By the end of my trips it'll have paid for itself."
Then... why get it?
Then I realized it meant you'd get the discount at no cost for the next trip after your May trip.

Someone looks...
Well...
1. Pretty happy.
2. Pretty oblivious of the pain she is about to have as a result.

The giddiness exudes, no?

Yes!

Don't be fooled, that was only the first hour of drama associated with the AP.

oh dear...

Here's my first entrance the next day using the Elitists' Entrance:

:laughing: Snob!!!

Just kidding! ;)

It's also a sneak peek at my Dory Bounding. ;)

Ah! I was kinda wondering.
"My, that's a.... bright outfit."

"You do not have the entitlements for this"

Oh..... crap.

This time I was shown into a private room. That can NEVER be a good sign....

Was there a sign that said "The beatings will continue until morale improves"?

This time, it took closer to 2 hours, (no, literally)

For my trouble, she did give me 3 anytime/any attraction FiPs to use for each remaining day of my trip. I don't think I even used more than a couple of them, but it was nice.

Well... that was nice, but... you didn't use them!

I'll pull a Paul Harvey and give you..... the rest of the story:

I had no idea who this was. Still don't, really. But at least know now he had a show called that.

When I got home and tried to pull up my Photopass pix, they all had watermarks all over them and it kept telling me I had to buy them.

You're really not having much luck with this, are you?

On my next day off from work, I called up IT and spent <no exaggeration> 3+ hours on the phone with them.

:faint:

This is getting beyond ridiculous.

"the limits are pre-set by an automated system and can't be re-set by a human". Which is stupid. Every system should be able to have a human override built in, no?

I thought it was supposed to make life easier... not impossible.

If I show up to CSR in May and there are issues, I'm going to be one very unhappy AP Holder.

I think I'd be more than just unhappy. I'd be furious.

The moral of the story is making pie is easier and less time consuming than buying a Disney AP,

Well... you haven't attempted the pie yet. Let us know how it turns out!

and it shouldn't take 7 hours of my time to buy a $900 Disney item. :sad2:

No. No it should not. :(

Your homework, Boys and Girls: Post a photo from your Holiday Happenings. They make me happy. :)

Holiday? There's no holiday coming up for over a month.

:rolleyes:

Some things in life should be easy. Things like buying bread and eggs at the grocery store, paying your electric bill, and making a pie. Except I never got that last one; a good pie is incredibly difficult to make and it sucks every time I have to do it.

But it's so worth it, because pie is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

It's been a long-standing tradition of mine to begin my trips with a dip into Downtown Disney. (Yes, I realize it's not called that anymore, but DTD is so much easier to type and rolls off the tongue so much better.)

I still call it DTD all the time, too.

With 3 trips this year planned, I thought if there was ever a year that a Pass would make sense, this was it! This should be EASY, right?!

Yep. Seamless! Well, thanks for the update.

Wait, there's more to this?

After about 5 years, she gives me the goods along with some sort of waiver or something to sign because, she explained, normally they won't take more than one ticket in exchange for the AP, but she was making an exception this time. I think I was signing an agreement that this was a one-time exception, which I thought was nice.

Also, Disney now owns 3 of your children.

At first when she was explaining everything to me by going over my receipts it LOOKED like I still OWED $400 and change because it read: "Balance". I always think of balance as something due, but not in this case... it was the balance ON the card.

I can see where that would make you pause.

Here's my first entrance the next day using the Elitists' Entrance:

What was it like? Did you turn up your nose at the lower classes? Point at them and laugh? Fart in their general direction?

I hopped on the app and the only message I got was, "You do not have the entitlements for this" or some other such ridiculous nonsense. Of course I had the entitlements. I was rocking an AP. Right?

Darn right! I'm entitled!

Wait, that doesn't sound right.

This time I was shown into a private room. That can NEVER be a good sign....

:eek: Was there a large man in there? A single chair with a spotlight over it?

My best guess was that they used an old MDE account that I'd used a few years back to link it to.

I had problems a few years ago with a similar issue. They merged a whole bunch of accounts from various Disney websites. I had used a different name/password on one of them and it was torture trying to combine them to one account.

I called up IT and spent <no exaggeration> 3+ hours on the phone with them.

:faint: God bless you.

In the end, while I will now have "free" photos and MM for all of my trips this year, the batch from this trip would only be available to me for 1 month like for regular ticket holders because "the limits are pre-set by an automated system and can't be re-set by a human". Which is stupid. Every system should be able to have a human override built in, no?

Don't they at least have a team of monkeys working on this?

I arrived WAY before my ADR at Morimoto, so had oodles of time to kill. Little did I know...
Imagine if you were on your way to a park and ended up losing time there. Even though the whole situation was completely horrible, I am glad it eventually got resolved.

By exchanging the 3 tickets, I was also given, along with my shiny new AP card, a pretty sizable Disney Gift Card to use at my discretion. At first when she was explaining everything to me by going over my receipts it LOOKED like I still OWED $400 and change because it read: "Balance". I always think of balance as something due, but not in this case... it was the balance ON the card. I was SO confused and it took her another 10 minutes to explain that that was what was my "change" that was ON the GC. Derp. :rolleyes2 Like I said..
So, were the tickets going to expire and that's why you cashed them all in for the AP? The 5 day hopper would be worth $400 on it's own, right?

By the next day, it was "fixed". Or so I thought.
Oh no!

The moral of the story is making pie is easier and less time consuming than buying a Disney AP, and it shouldn't take 7 hours of my time to buy a $900 Disney item. :sad2:
I hope they at least compensated you in some way for all the time you had to spend dealing with this. It's not like they aren't going to make significant $$$$ off you in the next year, now that you have an AP. They know you'll be back!

As always, spectacular! You have talent. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter