The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

With my coffee firmly in hand, I arrived just in time to see the tapstiles wide open and a 2-hour line for FOP. My Annoyance O’Meter was rising. Again.

I think at this point, it's a permanent 2-hour wait, at least. Could have been worse:

http://allears.net/2019/02/18/fligh...at-does-this-mean-for-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

I got a requisite wall selfie because, so you know, Pandora affords the BEST wall selfie ops.

I'll take your word for it!

I hate how morning coffee cuts into touring time. Keep your getting older comments to yourself.

It sure seems to affect the other members of my family...:rolleyes1

Somewhere in my Pandora wanderings I ended up over at Sa'tuli Canteen and stumbled upon this guy out for a spin. I need one of these for when the walkways are crowded. Or I need a fireworks viewing spot. Or better yet, when some monster tries to hork your spot that you've been standing in for 45 minutes.

YES. This needs to happen. I want one!

IMG_8505-L.jpg

1FeKVNzUxNUjo63RiYTV9ArTam-FK-sopET6Lvgfz1cE0_rBUubdvZahp8rEXraOObSrqmU-IICi24fvPy126Lk1gYmUgRnPj93ScmTOc1SA2QKIDXlvl5qPrUc0mRWl5DWAWqQo1FDn3KmVJWKyVB9ro93kJqmbFVTurhL0w_ZF4pQdWoNfaFtpJNAgg5lxV_W_VvAOcBWQ1-jrRyrJxT5tGsPSRSb7BUf0anhehRxH1cZO2oDOQVu1M-axK3TLhp7X7lnJ2l0OjJAZaagz2Mqq8mShwWQwSThcJF1v3DOXnxbNFWjrgrkyYPLmUDWhEzvGWhZPXUCWasMkmNkfh4YwNaePt1ffAtc45DDYqjFZjlLiWSIW-RdGnkCHIuvEC1NFa_IpIpnMJBoyZt9Gm-aZ8GqhFKJxkrafsoxAP17u0FONOco8o6Yey5pVybCOCLUQwjD2m1u72zOwqLXK4yS6PnJIDo8fOJ5b4W9zlWzCvryfZCuI03wiL9xZLvlMUt71Tggg--kki9UZeyO8PIWtqT17m2Ia5rf_qUudK-9sQCe5E2wvMrY0TPQY-YvoGXzLUIRZi4kQVlnAeZHmeKa7bH6T1bku3yhApBrAjxv4mffwoCok6PdysWLM89doI6JXOcwUKyS8HMSq07ZJWJgd07PzDQo=w279-h320-no

He wandered over to a tree, adjusted his toga a few times, then apparently becoming bored tossed it aside and started idly munching on some bamboo. Sorry pal, maybe they’ll provide you a keg next time.

:rotfl2: Now all I can picture is John Belushi going "Toga! Toga! Toga!"

Yes, Dork happens when I am with them. Every time.

Well, it's your thing. Do what you do.

Until next time, peace, love, namaste, sivako, burudika, and all that….

Gesundheit!

B is for: BEST Browsing

There hasn't been one trip yet that I haven't started in DTD. It's kinda my thing. Mostly because I'm forced to. Er, I don't mean someone puts a gun to my head and makes me go there, it's just that I live on the West Coast and our flights don't get there until well into the late afternoon, unless you fly a red eye. I've done that. Once. Anyway, the Alaska non-stop arrives at 3:00 which for me is FAR too late to head to a park. I have to get up at 2:30AM or so to make that flight so by the time I get there, I'm already feeling like a party pooper- but NOT like Jennifer. That comes after a week of Disney eating:

Ahem, where was I?

While I am too old to handle the hullabaloo of park time after being up so early, I do want to get myself into the Bubble and let the fact that instead of thinking about the possibility of med errors, paper charting, or someone puking on me, I can focus on eating too much, relaxing too much, and spending too much. Besides, every time I've been, up until this trip, it was a burn of a park ticket day for just a few hours.

DTD gets me in that Disney Groove. I almost always have an ADR there for my arrival night, but other than that, I have zero agenda. Except last time, I had 2 things that I wanted to do: buy my AP and see a group I've been wanting to see for a very long time- Nova Era. You've already heard about my AP debacle, and I'll get to Nova Era at the end, but other than those 2 goals, I simply wandered before and after my dinners at Morimoto and the Edison. The following wanderings did indeed happen on 2 separate occasions on this trip. I was so close with the short boat ride, there was really no reason to not go twice.

Anywho, without further prattling, here are a whole bunch of random photos from my saunterings.

Not too terribly far into DTD from the Market Place Boat Launch is the Christmas Shop. I think it always has such lovely displays.

I also popped into the Art of Disney nearby:

I'm not a big candy or sweets eater, but do think the wares at Goofy's make for nice photos:

I'm not a big clothes buyer either (unless I've been out with @franandaj and @pkondz at DLR :rolleyes2 ), but I wasn't in a hurry and thought I'd take a peek in one of the many places to buy Disney clothes and accessories. Clearly, what I found interesting wasn't even the merchandise. :rotfl2:

I do however always hit up Basin and buy a few of these goodies:

Nothing feels better than a hot soak with a smelly good after pounding the pavement in the parks!!!

I thought the Halloween bombs were super cute!

Random scene of DTD in its Autumn spirit:

Further on I found myself in Amorrette's where I confess, I did succumb to a treat... or two. :blush:

Not this one:

But this raspberry one and a chocolate one as well:

Moving along:

I LOVE this area!!

Maria and Enzo's is super intriguing to me and I have finally decided that I want to eat here since in Sept with the kiddos because: A) it's getting better reviews than Bongos and B) it's themed WAY cooler!

And while I didn't stay this time, I did pop into Enzo's Hideaway for a peek. One day I'll stick around for a drink and dinner. The over-the-top theming down there screams to Steppe!!

Back out and continuing my exploring I found this tree:

Does anyone know? Do the lanterns represent something or anything like the lanterns on the tree in Liberty Square? Just curious...

Throwing this in, cuz I liked how it turned out:

This one too:

Kinda like this covered shopping area. I bet it gets crowded during the regularly scheduled 3:00 PM downpour.

And finally, I found the group I'd literally waited YEARS to see- Nova Era. They're a trio that plays Disney Classics and Baroque Classical music, jazzing them up with a modern twist. Factoid: I used to play oboe in Jr. and Sr. High school so am a bit partial to any music that features it, so this kinda knocks my socks off.

At some point, I must have hit the wall, because things took a turn for the ridiculous. Silly photos with living statues:

Yeah... it was definitely time to go back to the resort and hit the sack!

Sigh.... still over 2 months until I get to go back. But not much!

All for now, Friends.

Last edited:
Good to know. I don't think I heard that before. Not that my clan would be on the move that early...

This time I'm planning for it. Mom and I will be staged to arrive at 7:15 and hope for the best for FOP. I've heard of really bad luck with FiPs for this lately. Makes me wonder if they're scaling back the number they are issuing? Anyway, taking no chances this time around!

Oh, well, maybe it's not that helpful then. I guess whatever crowd is there before opening heads straight to Pandora. I don't know if there is ever a good time to try FoP.

I'm kinda agreeing with that. I know getting a buffet at Tusker might help, but that's paying an awful lot to up your chances for a ride on FOP. Who knows... maybe with Galaxy Edge opening, it'll help.

I didn't do much wandering around Pandora. I wish I had done more. There are certainly plenty of good photo ops.

There are! I think definitely right now it's the most picturesque of ALL the park areas with Asia being a close second.

I didn't see that guy ether. It may have been interesting. For a few minutes.

Yeah, for a few minutes it was. After that it got a bit boring, so I moved on.

I have never had boba balls. I just find they have an "ick" factor for me. I also don't like pulp in orange juice.
My girls seem to enjoy them though. I don't know where those things came from, but Disney seems to be buying them by the truckload lately. Seems like every new drink has them in it.

Too true. Maybe a fad or craze, and I don't mind them. Definitely a whimsical surprise in my mimosa at Cali Grill.

I've heard about this cinnamon roll, but never tried it. Have you had the one at Gaston's too? I really liked that one. I'm just curious how they compare.

I have tried both and this one indeed is superior to Gastons. I think this one has a hint of cardamom?? Or nutmeg? There is definitely a very slight hint of exotic flavor in it that sets it apart. Plus, I found it softer and fresher.

It was good back in August, so I hope they aren't slipping. But I've also read not so good things.

It's on my list for May again; I'll report back. ;)

...the same thing happened to me.

You need an Annoyance O'Meter.

ooohhh… you have one of those, too, huh?

OH! Sounds like you do!!! :lmao:

No. Please. Can't we evolve to real music?

I added a link up there... there is a glimmer of hope.

Whups! Someone's Annoyance O'Meter is redlining!

Bwoop...bwoop...

Wasn't that It's a Small Moon?

I stand corrected. @Terra Nova guy :scared1: I botched it!!

Those are really good shots for a dark ride. Nicely done!

Thank you. I happened to kinda love my new lens just for that! ;)

Did she wave you away?

With a smirk.

Itchbay.

I can see why! Very nice!

:goodvibes

:laughing:
Not a bad idea! You'd certainly have plenty of elbow room.

Would come in handy at the Dole Whip line too.

Guess I'm 5. I'd probably be entertained for a while longer. That thing is cool!

See? Stuff for boys...

Thinking maybe you're... 5?

:rolleyes:

;)

and girls. ;)

I need to get in the Boba Balls business. Sounds fairly lucrative.

Just don't suggest they add them to my 8 Spoons.

mmmm… dang that looks good. I've heard of it and hope to convince L to split one with me in May.

Run, do not walk.

And? Was it needed? Did you get some?
Enquiring minds want to know!

No.

But I did get some First Aid Napkins.

There's a wrong side? Which side is that?

I dunno, I always seem to get better photos if I'm against the edge on the RIGHT side. No, literally, load in first to sit on the right side. More enclosures are on that side.

Passable? I can't decide between the zebra shot or the rhino shot which is better, but they're both very, very good.

I loved the warthog one during my first pass.... but after editing I think the rhino one is my new fave. The zebra is framable though. Once in a while, you just get lucky.

Not soon enough... and not for a long time, still. :sad2:

Here too. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo tired of winter. Heck, I'm just tired in general. Feeling a bit under-the-weather the last couple of days, in fact.

Might never happen. I will not stand in much of a line for a shot of dubious value that I may not be able to capture anyway.
We'll see.

Totally get that.

Totally.

Oh, they do. Case in point:

:lmao:

Point well taken.

But... but... you said:

I did?

;)

Hi Liesa! I'm all caught up. Thanks so much for your tribute to the WD Family Museum. It is definitely a must see for Disney fans. SF is such a great city to visit. I'm sad Morimoto's wasn't a "blow you over" experience. There are so many cool looking bars down there at DS now, but haven't been without little ones yet, so haven't really tried anything except the Boathouse, which we loved. I realize I was remiss in posting pictures and answering questions as we went along. I'm sorry. Seems like I was always reading in bed and I would not jump up to take a picture right then. I would answer in my head while busy with other things during the day, and then time just got away from me. I am always reading, and I will always be here to catch up. Hope you keep writing. I love your pics and your writing style is really creative! I'm looking forward to your next adventure. How is the flying going?

Hi Tammie!

So nice to see you again!

Yes, I think every Disney Fan should go at least once to learn about what an innovative, creative guy Walt was. So much imagination and love for progress. Loved it!

I really did want to try Morimotos and honestly would go back but not before I try Home Comin', Maria and Enzo's, the Boathouse, and Enzo's Hideaway. So a little list before I head back there. ;)

As for bars, I will probably try to hit up Jocks most trips but have my eye on Wine Bar George as well. And of course the Edison after 10:00. :)

I'm glad you're still here, Tammie- it's always great to have you visit and yes, I plan to keep writing at least for a while. We shall see....

Flying is on hold until things in my life are a bit more stable. Kinda a rocky patch right now...

Always love your AK updates. Your love for the park and all the reasons why shine through in your updates covering the areas.

Thanks, Alicia! I do love that park so much... who'd of thunk it when I first visited it in 2000?! I hated it then but they sure made me a believer. ;)

I read a different TR yesterday that involved that gorilla and his blanket! In her report, he was wearing it around his neck ALA gym style. She said that a nearby Cast Member explained it's the gorilla's security blanket and he likes to have it with him most of the time.

Well, there ya go!!!! That is such a sweet story and sure explains it. :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing that!

That was one massive cinnamon roll! I think that's a prerequisite for Disney cinnamon rolls. They gotta be larger than life.

It was so big!!! But even better, it actually tastes amazing!

I think at this point, it's a permanent 2-hour wait, at least. Could have been worse:

http://allears.net/2019/02/18/fligh...at-does-this-mean-for-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

:scared::scared::scared:

No thanks.

It sure seems to affect the other members of my family...:rolleyes1

Where's Mrs. KnowItAll when she's being paged?

YES. This needs to happen. I want one!

I hear you can trade your eldest and a 2nd mortgage for one. As an incentive, it comes with the lastest designer mouse ears.

Rightfully deserved.

:rotfl2: Now all I can picture is John Belushi going "Toga! Toga! Toga!"

Well, it's your thing. Do what you do.

:dancer:

Gesundheit!

Pass the schnitzle.

Every trip to the MK, especially if I'm there late at night, deserves a stroll through Casey's to get some Nuggets, which happens to start with Letter 'N'. They are golden morsels of unhealthy deliciousness. Dipped in yellow mustard, they are nothing short of crack in a paper boat.
I have to have these occasionally but not a mustard fan to ick them up. Besides, Pat would probably break out in hives if I brought it near her.

I'm curious.... how many of you, My Dear Readers, have actually ridden the Astro Orbiter?
I have a few times. Occasionally you can catch it with a short line. Nothing about it makes me seek it out often though.

I took one of a CM holding a giant cinnamon roll too, but it turned out to be a pretty unflattering photo of her so didn't post it. Although my mouth did start watering when I looked at it again. I need a Gaston's roll again y'all.
Make that a Main Street Bakery (before they ruined it with that garbage they have now) cinnamon roll and I'm in!

Regardless, here is yet another zebra to take care of Letter 'Z'. Isn't it great he's being so well loved on?
Nothing like being the center of attention.

(^^ zoom in, that's pretty interesting!)
Yes that is!

I have been accused of having hairy toes in my distant DISPast. Hairy arms no.
What rude individual would say such a thing?

I’m also entertained by sickly sweet $6.00 Disney Slurpees. I’m sure the Boba Balls are responsible for $5.00 price jack. I should make an Animal Kingdom game where you get bonus points if you’re paper straw is still functional before your drink is gone.
Those straws are great for sucking up boba balls.....and launching them as a blow gun. Haven't had one fail me yet.

of them are nearly as delightful as my Animal Kingdom crush- Eight Spoons Mac n Cheese with Sweet Chili Sauce and Shrimp.
Oh that looks yummy. ....need to find that next trip.

I'm not a big candy or sweets eater, but do think the wares at Goofy's make for nice photos:
I always take a good long look at these. ....so interesting. ...and then decide. ...to pass.

Sorry to have boged out on getting to your threads this weekend. I felt like poo-poo all weekend and "worked" on Saturday. Each year our surgi-center provides a day of free procedures to low-income folks. I volunteered, so on a weekend I really needed some downtime, I didn't. Much anyway. Feeling a bit better now; at least the headache and upset stomach are a bit better.

Meantime, I'm gearing up for a dicey commute in the morning. We don't get snow here often, and I live in a hilly area. Makes me nervous.

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend doing what you do. :)

Not too terribly far into DTD from the Market Place Boat Launch is the Christmas Shop. I think it always has such lovely displays.
It does. Except when half the store is overrun by Halloween merch. :rolleyes:

While I am too old to handle the hullabaloo of park time after being up so early, I do want to get myself into the Bubble and let the fact that instead of thinking about the possibility of med errors, paper charting, or someone puking on me, I can focus on eating too much, relaxing too much, and spending too much. Besides, every time I've been, up until this trip, it was a burn of a park ticket day for just a few hours.
It's a perfect place to spend a couple hours on your first night. I have the same issue with flights. Years ago I was able to get a very early morning flight form home and hit a connection in Toronto that got me in Orlando by lunch time. Unfortunately the airlines all changed the schedules and unless I overnight in Toronto, I can't get down there until supper time.

I have no problem attacking sweet baked good. Candy not so much. One thing I normally don't like is rice krispy treats. We got that Mickey/mummy treat in your picture and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. We ended up with a few of those things trying to use up meal credits at the end of the trip.:sad2:

Further on I found myself in Amorrette's where I confess, I did succumb to a treat... or two. :blush:
I wanted to have a look at that place but never did. It's almost in the "looks too good to eat" category.

Maria and Enzo's is super intriguing to me and I have finally decided that I want to eat here since in Sept with the kiddos because: A) it's getting better reviews than Bongos and B) it's themed WAY cooler!
I'm also intrigued by any Italian place. I would be very interested in trying it as well.

It's kinda my thing.

Point of order.
That should be "It's kinda my thang."

Mostly because I'm forced to. Er, I don't mean someone puts a gun to my head and makes me go there,

:eek:

the Alaska non-stop arrives at 3:00 which for me is FAR too late to head to a park.

I agree with you.
It's a waste of a park ticket.
But... now that you have your AP, wouldn't you like to go since it's already paid for?

by the time I get there, I'm already feeling like a party pooper- but NOT like Jennifer. That comes after a week of Disney eating:

I can't see the video (at work), but I know exactly what it is.
Gee... I wonder where you might've found that? Who could have shown you that, hmmmm???

;)

While I am too old to handle the hullabaloo of park time after being up so early

Right.
Listen here you young whipper-snapper. Don't be telling me you're too old for that!

And..

STAY OFF MY LAWN!

instead of thinking about the possibility of med errors, paper charting, or someone puking on me, I can focus on eating too much, relaxing too much, and spending too much.

Oy! Yeah, okay... you need a break.

Nova Era.

Had to Google. Interesting!

I was so close with the short boat ride, there was really no reason to not go twice.

::yes:: Love that boat ride. Makes staying at either Orleans resort so much better. :)

Cool! So she was just there doing ornaments? Or was she just doing this one for a customer?

Love this shot!

I can be a big candy or sweets eater... so I try to avoid the wares at Goofy's.

I'm not a big clothes buyer either (unless I've been out with @franandaj and @pkondz at DLR :rolleyes2 ),

Hey! If you'll recall (well... okay, you probably don't), but I was not actually present when you made both of those purchases!

I'm glad you explained that they were bath bombs (indirectly). I couldn't figure out what kind of candy/baking they were.

Must go visit this place.

Looks interesting. Might have to check that out.

And while I didn't stay this time, I did pop into Enzo's Hideaway for a peek.

Now this place is on my list of "must dos".

Does anyone know? Do the lanterns represent something or anything like the lanterns on the tree in Liberty Square? Just curious...

Nope. I quickly Googled, too. Didn't find anything.

Factoid: I used to play oboe in Jr. and Sr. High school so am a bit partial to any music that features it, so this kinda knocks my socks off.

I can see how that would be of interest to you then. :)
But still at work so will have to see the video later.

You need an Annoyance O'Meter.

Can I borrow yours? Do you rent?

I added a link up there... there is a glimmer of hope.

will look when home.

Bwoop...bwoop...

I stand corrected. @Terra Nova guy :scared1: I botched it!!

TR FAIL!
Okay everyone! Pack up! We're outta here!

Thank you. I happened to kinda love my new lens just for that! ;)

:)

With a smirk.

Itchbay.

:lmao: :rotfl:

Would come in handy at the Dole Whip line too.

oooohhhh.... thinking of a photo... need to do it when home, though.
I'll try to remember.

See? Stuff for boys...

::yes::
Boys and their toys, ya know.
Why do you think I want a snow blower?
To move snow? Ha! It's to play with it.

Just don't suggest they add them to my 8 Spoons.

Okay, I'll restrict them to 7 spoonfuls.

Run, do not walk.

Okay!

No.

But I did get some First Aid Napkins.

First there was Mt. Etna.
Then there was Vesuvius.
Then Mt. St. Helens...
Then... Liesa.

I dunno, I always seem to get better photos if I'm against the edge on the RIGHT side. No, literally, load in first to sit on the right side. More enclosures are on that side.

Wait... don't you mean load last, to be on the right side? You mean the passenger side or the driver's side?

I loved the warthog one during my first pass.... but after editing I think the rhino one is my new fave. The zebra is framable though. Once in a while, you just get lucky.

::yes::

Here too. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo tired of winter. Heck, I'm just tired in general. Feeling a bit under-the-weather the last couple of days, in fact.

Sorry to hear that. :hug:

Point well taken.

What do I win????

Hey! Cut that out!

Sorry to have boged out

This is a new word for me.
What does "bogeing out" entail?

I felt like poo-poo all weekend and "worked" on Saturday. Each year our surgi-center provides a day of free procedures to low-income folks. I volunteered, so on a weekend I really needed some downtime, I didn't.

Ugh... you were feeling sick and you then went to volunteer? You're braver than I am.

Feeling a bit better now; at least the headache and upset stomach are a bit better.

Well, glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.

Meantime, I'm gearing up for a dicey commute in the morning. We don't get snow here often, and I live in a hilly area. Makes me nervous.

And? Did you make it in one piece? Did your car???

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend doing what you do. :)

Well, let's see. I shoveled about 2,000 times and worked every day.
Not sure if I'd consider that "fantastic"...

While I am too old to handle the hullabaloo of park time after being up so early, I do want to get myself into the Bubble and let the fact that instead of thinking about the possibility of med errors, paper charting, or someone puking on me, I can focus on eating too much, relaxing too much, and spending too much.

I'd totally want to get in the Bubble and think of those much better things!

These ornaments are beautiful :)

Good choice! We're beginning to make a habit of shopping here, too.

I LOVE this area!!

Me, too! Beautiful!

This one too:

This is a beautiful shot!

The following wanderings did indeed happen on 2 separate occasions on this trip. I was so close with the short boat ride, there was really no reason to not go twice.
I think I will spend a lot more time in DS this trip as my hotel is only a 10 minute walk from there. And I do love a good wander......

I wasn't in a hurry and thought I'd take a peek in one of the many places to buy Disney clothes and accessories. Clearly, what I found interesting wasn't even the merchandise. :rotfl2:
haha!

I always have a stash of Basin bath bombs!

And while I didn't stay this time, I did pop into Enzo's Hideaway for a peek. One day I'll stick around for a drink and dinner. The over-the-top theming down there screams to Steppe!!
Must check it out.

And finally, I found the group I'd literally waited YEARS to see- Nova Era. They're a trio that plays Disney Classics and Baroque Classical music, jazzing them up with a modern twist. Factoid: I used to play oboe in Jr. and Sr. High school so am a bit partial to any music that features it, so this kinda knocks my socks off.
Do they play regularly? I'd love to hear them too.

I volunteered, so on a weekend I really needed some downtime, I didn't. Much anyway. Feeling a bit better now; at least the headache and upset stomach are a bit better.
Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well but what a great thing to do with your time.

Hope your drive was ok....I went to my closest school today as we had white outs and snow squalls here. Could winter please be over????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!