The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- I is for: Impressions of Imbibing at Citricos! (4/14)

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Steppesister, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Right!!!!!

I made brownies.... but I see you finally made them. :rolleyes1

I know that feeling.... :upsidedow

I have I have!!! However one time I remember being freaked out over the height and the tilt. More so the tilt! Yes the line usually prevents me from going again.

A beauty! Great Job!

I had one last time. They are good!

Steppesister likes this.
  2. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Nice way to start the tour.

That sounds really neat.

:eek:

Beautiful view!

I bet that guard was there to keep the "touchers" away. A neat concept of the park.

So much for Walt not wanting booze in the park! WEll not for the general public. I guess he did't like the "idea" of booze in the park.

Lovely tour of the museum. Now to work this museum in to a yet unplanned and unfinanced trip. :scratchin

Steppesister likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

Soon then!

Considering it was a Korean Pop Boy band...

yes.

He is so dang funny.

I could watch Mr. Bean all day and still be laughing at the end.

Mmm, it was soooo good.

Maybe less offense and more smiles and finding commonality.

Perhaps just as interesting a concept.

COOKIES!

And yet, I"ve found that my various challenges have in some very real ways helped me to soak in a lot MORE of the parks. They've gotten me to see and look for...more.

Correct.

P. P. time!

I have been accused of having hairy toes in my distant DISPast. Hairy arms no.

Of course!! From one queen to another, you know.

Unless you're in Canada, then it's Summer.

OH? Which one is that?

Ta-da! Unless that should be ta-ta. Er... no that won't quite do.

Treats for everyone!

It was sooooo good on a hot day!

Awww, cute little guy. Siesta time with his friends...

5. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

And they were/are delicious. And it being just lil 'ol me, I froze 2/3 of the dough for more cookie evenings.

Yes!! It's the tilt!! I swear I felt like I was going to fall out last time I rode it! :scared1:

They are sooooooooooooooooooooooo goood!

::yes::

It was a bit surprising to come around the corner and see that after being it the closed up building for so long.

Absolutely she was. And had to tell more than one or two to back up a bit. Cameras weren't allowed past the railing.

LOL! I found it rather ironic as well.

It's a long way for you guys... I get that.

6. buzzrelly

buzzrelly DIS Veteran

I cannot wait to visit The Walt Disney Family Museum myself, it looks so amazing. I confess, I kind of skimmed over some of your details because I don't want to spoil it and see everything before I get to go.

It looks like a nice area to spend some time in. How long did you stay in San Francisco?

Steppesister likes this.
  7. docsoliday1

docsoliday1 DIS Dad #834 Cubs, Dolphins fan forever

On phone so I can't multiquote(easily) nor trim down the quoted part, but I had a couple of comments, questions...

First, fantastic photos as usual. To be honest, I've become so accustomed to the high caliber, I kinda expect it now.

Why SF? Walt didn't have any strong ties to SF or do much work there did he? Just kinda puzzling why it's there instead of near Hollywood.

To be honest, aside from seeing M5 industries, I'd never had any real interest in going to SF. I guess now I have 2 reasons.

Steppesister likes this.
  8. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

Good finish to the MK scavenger hunt. I think I went on Astro Orbiter as a kid but haven't taken my kids on it yet. The spaceship looks too small and cramped for me.
    Smart decision getting umpire for U while buying some infamous nuggets. (And yes, yellow mustard is required when you eat those bad boys!)

Very cool recap of the Family Museum. It sounds like it holds a wealth of information and memorabilia. That wall of cells that covers 15 seconds of animation...wow. That's just incredible.

Steppesister likes this.
  9. irene_dsc

irene_dsc DIS Veteran

We did go on Astro Orbiter on our 2015 trip. It looked cool from the outside, and I had forgotten why I hadn't included it in our plans, so when the kids wanted to do it after Wishes, I was like, sure, why not? Then I realized why not, lol. The line moved sooo slowly, and when we finally did it, everyone was like, is that it??? So, I think that's a one and done for our family!

Glad you got your cookies, even if you did have to make them yourself.

Steppesister likes this.
  10. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

I rode it once...when I was a kid. Never as an adult, for the exact same reason. Not worth the wait.

Ain't no way she's ever getting in my house, let alone my bedroom.

Please don't throw up in this TR. Use the toilet.

Yes! Let me grab my notebook.

Great. I'll be up to my 8th mortgage or so.

Love the Oscar(s).

Wow. That's pretty incredible.

Looks like my daughter's dream.

So...I'll be keeping the kids away from there, then.

COOL

I think that's the part I'm looking forward to seeing the most.

I did not know that.

Aw, come on! That totally breaks the mood.

Steppesister likes this.
  11. Terra Nova guy

Terra Nova guy DIS Dad #811 Newfoundland, Canada

They are wonderful...when done right. I was quite disappointed in my visit to Casey's in August. I will get to it in my TR eventually (it was on our last day) but the short story is the service was terrible and the nuggets were cold and soggy by the time we got them.

I have. I think twice. Not on this latest trip though. I think 2014 was the last time I rode. I don't dislike it, but I don't particularly enjoy it either. I appreciate the views from up there. I felt the angle of the orbiter was a bit awkward and not very comfortable - it really slopes to the right and I felt squished.

I would never have guessed there were any!

I enjoyed the Peter Pan float too. Especially on a hot summer day.

I think they are asking if they can bring the zebra a pillow for his nap.

Oh my, the museum. What can I say. Such an incredible place. I could spend quite a bit of time there. It's on my "blue sky" bucket list. Maybe one day.
    Just curious, have you ever heard the "Connecting With Walt" audio podcast? If you search for it and find the earliest shows, it deals with Walt's early years. I found it fascinating. I used to listen back when I travelled for work and had lots of time sitting in airports. I haven't listened in some time, but the shows I did catch were interesting.

Steppesister likes this.
  12. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

You have an actual bucket? Wow! Porcelain?

Thank you.

Mmmm... yes. Some things cry out for milk.

Snarking down ooey gooey good cookies.

See?

High praise.

That's not bad. :)

I did. And yes it was. :)

Love that one too. I wonder if they've done other "specialty" Oscars?

Pretty!

Huh! So the name changed. Very interesting.

::yes:: I've seen some of those.

:eek:

:faint:

:goodvibes

So technical!
    Sorry, hard to follow all of that.

::yes:: Familiar with that.

::yes:: Did work for the war department I believe. Recruitment and propaganda stuff.

[​IMG]

Yup. That was condoned. And possibly encouraged.

::yes::

I so wish they hadn't taken that ride out. Much better than Under the Sea.
    Maybe not as topical now, but...

Dang.

Not too shabby!

Really! Whoa.

:hug:

I spy a certain fairy. :)

I see an E ticket!

How much would you give to be able to go back in time and attend that party? Oh man!!

Really! Huh. Imagine how fantastic that would be now!

Cool! I mean... cool!!

Awwww... :hug:

:laughing:

:rolleyes1

:lmao:

I like the pin. :) Good choice.

I'd like to. Maybe next year? :confused3

Steppesister likes this.
  13. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

Yes! They always hit the spot :thumbsup2
    Me :wave: I rode for the first time about 5 years ago, early one morning when I went to MK by myself. Line wasn't long at all. Now, I can do pretty much any roller coaster, go straight up, straight down, backwards, but I thought I was going to die on this :crazy2: Too open, too high!!
    I did go on it once more the next year with the whole family and we all agree it's ok if we never go on again lol

We learned this on one of the MK tours, and a bit more about the whole thing!

Thank you for sharing your experience at the museum, it does look like it's a wonderful set up with great information and displays, I'd love to get there someday!

DonnaBeeGood and Steppesister like this.
  14. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

::yes:: Easy

When my uncle was still alive, he (and his wife) came from Germany for a visit.
    I was trying to mime and communicate a Mr. Bean skit and suddenly he says
    "Ah! Das ist Mr. Bean!"

He knows no bounds! :)

Perhaps. :)

:laughing:

You don't say!

And I can see that too.
    I need to slow down wayyyyy more.

:sad2:
    Of course it is.

I'm a bit concerned now that should we meet again, you'll be wearing sandals or flip flops.

;)

I love summer. It's my favourite week of the year!

I'd love to get a shot of the castle from up there.

:blush:

Steppesister likes this.
  15. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

And there are a million details left that I didn't post because there are just that many. :) I think you will really, really love it.

There is so much to do there. It'd be easy to spend a week and find things to do. We were only there 2 1/2 days, but this is the 2nd time in just a few years that we'd been there.

16. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

Aww, thanks! :)

That is a very good question and I have no idea of the answer.... ? Your guess is as good as mine!

I think it'd be well worth your time. I've also visited the art museum and the Exploratorium as well and both, again, were absolutely incredible. Very worth every penny!

17. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

Thanks! It was a fun one! Although, I think maybe the one in EPCOT was even moreso. You'll see why. ;)

I think the Astro wouldn't really be Evie's cup of tea. It's WAY up there and it kinda tilts outward as is goes. I wasn't a fan. Plus.... loooooooooooooooooooooooong wait.

I also have a photo of Uptown Jewelers, which would have worked, but thought this one was more clever. :)

There is so much stuffed in there. IMHO, too much to absorb in one go around. I'd love to go back again someday.

18. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

I guess it's like Dumbo and any other ride. Once you're after... I dunno... 5? It's like, why? Cute but far too long a line for what it is.

I ate 2 that night, 2 the next and the rest of the dozen I made are sitting on the kitchen counter. I froze the rest of the dough for another time. We're supposed to get snow all week, so many while I'm hunkered down I can make some more. :goodvibes

irene_dsc likes this.
  19. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

I dunno, she has a pretty great mirror.

I will admit that's where 90% of this TR belongs.

Well, as long as you stick with PB&Js, you'll save yourself from a 9th.

Send her to Cal Arts and maybe it'll come true.
    It's towards the end of the room that deals with the strike and Senate hearings stuff.

Everything in the place was interesting, but this was so cool because it was such a different type of medium.

Yeah, true. And like it or not, your kids will have to potty and you're gonna end up in it.

20. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

OH man, that's too bad! Just yuck!

Next time I get them, Imma gonna mix it up a bit and dip them in fake cheese sauce too. Looking forward to that update of yours... how could they mess up so badly?

I've heard that more than once, and remember that feeling well. As a kid, I remember feeling like I was going to get dumped out of it. UGH!

There ya go!

It went down pretty fast!

Aww, there, there Mr. Zebra... what else can we do to make you more comfortable?

It really is! There is a LOT to see in there. So many details and a good mix of stuff most people know with some super obscure facts few would.

I will definitely check that podcast out! Sounds like it'd be right up my alley. What I really love is that the parks are still chock full of little hat tips and nods to Disney history if you what to look for.

21. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

Well I hope you do too. It's called a toilet.

Including the 0-24 month set.

Mmmm!! Cookies!! I feel a hankerin' coming on.....

I thought for 3 hours of entertainment in San Fran it wasn't too bad.

That's a good question!

I think it's almost a work of art in its own right.

I thought so too!

Yes, that is what is shared and many examples are on display there.

I found it odd.

Me too!!! Agreed... MUCH better.

It might be Cindy's castle in name, but I think this certain fairy rules the roost.

I wish I could find one in an attic somewhere. #fastcash

A lot!

It's a nice addition. I have an idea for making a display board for my pins... need to implement.

Sounds very nice!!