The ABCs of Another Steppe Into Adventure!- Last Africa Ch. + World Showcase Pt. 2

Sashaying is the epitome of manliness.

Not that it matters since I lost my man card years ago.

See comment ^^.

First two.
She ditched me and she doesn't count me as a parade partner. More of a party pooper.

LIES!

I mean... I did leave for 10 minutes to spend (a lot of) money- it seems to be a DLR tradition. :rolleyes:

Congrats to them!

Thanks! Big steps for both!

No worries! Rumour has it that you might be a tad busy!

Very true.

That's a lot of supplies for such a small tater.

He is a stylin' Tater and needs his amenities! :)

I'll have to pass on the yellow snow.

I love the way you used so many detailed pictures in your tale.

I hope to capture a few more on my next trip!

Oh my how scary. Thank God for the kindness of others.

For sure.

A little kindness goes a long ways!

:rotfl2:

So many beautiful pictures with so much detail.

Thank you! ;)

Me too. I've been debating that. I loved my fanny pack. Everything I needed, right at my fingertips without lugging something on my back or shoulder. My kids would die if I went back to the fanny pack.

Well, since I am not going with my kids on this next trip, it sounds like I need to visit my local Goodwill!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Lovely photo. I hope someday you do get to learn how to do this.

Perhaps someday.... I really hope to return to Africa another time, but for a REAL safari or photo tour and not in W. Africa. We shall see....

It really does look nice, so much better than the clinic you visited later.

For sure!

More scary roadways.

Seems like I've traveled a few of those in my lifetime.

I really enjoy all the bright colors. When given a choice I like to wear bright colors too.

They are all so festive and cheery! I loved it!

Not your typical bathroom. This brings to mind road trips when I was little and the bathrooms were few and far between and we had small bladders. It was nothing for my Dad to pull over and Mom would open both doors and tell us to crop a squat.

HAHA! We told our kids on the cross-country trips that we'd stop at the next sand dune. :rotfl:

Africa really does have it's own time table.

Or lack of one at all.

I can understand this. You're trying to help and the least they could do would be to help themselves too. Feels like a wasted effort on your part.

It did feel like that in a lot of ways. A little effort shown would have been nice.

What a full, adventurous, exhausting day!

And there were more to follow.

Haha no way! This is interesting.

I thought so too!

Parenting: you're doing it right!

Also, now I have this saved to listen to on lazy summer evenings between work weekends. Nice arrangements. :)

Makes me want to listen to them right now!

<turns on YouTube>

:rotfl:

I guess there are worse problems to have!

Yes. There are.

Hang in there, Liesa! And congratulations to your remarkable kiddos!

Thanks, Meghan. I appreciate your friendship so much. :hug:

Me, the cats would knock them over and break them in a heartbeat!

EEK! I'm sure they're worth a pretty penny too!

:eek: :lmao: How did I miss that????

You should point it out next time you're in there and give me credit! ;)

I learned that at a D23 event. The animators were working on the Pastorale Symphony animation for Fantasia with the little centaur girls and when this ruling came down one of them put a sweater on the character.

Interesting! Super fun trivia.

Funny I find the soundtrack repetitive. I suppose I get there more often than you. :lmao:

Then again I also find the soundtrack at the Grand repetitive. That's been playing almost 20 years now. The valets think so too.

Well, yes, I do believe you do. LOL!

And now I need to go listen to the Grand BGM. Got the Carthay playing now.

Well ya, no cilantro here, but I did have my share of the hot dogs!

I think I had 2. Which was okay, I enjoyed the flatbread a bit more.

I was always going to order a second drink. I just used discretion not ordering a third....I think.

Yes, you did show incredible restraint. Very good!

No that's just what you do. Plus I wasn't sure how you were going to survive the night in that little dress thingy you were wearing. Contrary to popular belief, it does get kinda cold at night in So Cal. Especially on the DCA lagoon.

It really does. I think it wouldn't have been quite so bad if there (both times) hadn't been any breeze. Brrrr!

Just wash them in hot water and dry them in high heat, that's all you need.

I tried. I just need to cut off the cuffs and re-hem them.

I was looking for any sort of beverage, preferably stronger, but there was nothing. And then when I was there two weeks later they had all kinds of choices. :headache:

They felt my derision and amended their ghastly oversight.
I don't know if I would say turned 10 again, but perhaps 50. :lmao:

Heh, age is just a number. I hear 40 is the new 20.

Actually you got some awesome ones!

Thanks, Alison. :goodvibes

It didn't hit me until a few days before you folks arrived that all the restaurants we were dining at had "pot" in their names. Next time we need to do Shabu Shabu!

That sounds great!

Friends,

Thank you all for your input on the DDP- seems almost everyone suggested we pass on that. For now I will. Seems like a sound decision given we are all small eaters for the most part. While portions are not as large as they once were, and we may end up ordering our own meals instead of splitting, I think it'll still be cheaper in the long run. I think we may utilize the strategy of putting that money into gift cards and seeing where we end up in terms of comparing what'd we'd have spent both ways.

@franandaj , @MeghanEmily , @chunkymonkey , @pkondz , @Flossbolna , @DonnaBeeGood , @Lifelong_Dreamer , @amazingact21 , @cinderkelly

:hug:

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that things are difficult for you right now! I nearly sent you a PM yesterday to ask if everything was ok, but then thought you certainly were just busy. I hope your lovely Christmas party pictures were a distraction for you as well, I loved seeing them!

Sending big hugs!! :hug:

Hey, Magdalene! It's good to see you here. Disney is a nice escape to right now to say the least! Thanks for the big virtual hugs, I need all I can get right now. :hug:

Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time right now. Thank you for sharing your memories of the Christmas party. We will be here and waiting for you when you feel up to stopping in and sharing some of your beautiful thoughts and memories.

You're welcome, Lessa! Been a tough road for a bit. I will share as I can and have time. Thanks for hanging in there with me. :hug:

Liesa, you are in my prayers. Hope things look up soon. Your photos in this last update are amazing!!

Kim

Hey Kim,

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts! Time will tell on things.

and thank you for the complements on the photos. I enjoy taking them a lot.

Sending love and hugs (((hugs)))

Thanks, Irene. That means a lot to me.

ot sure what it is Liesa, but hoping whatever it is eases quickly. I knew you were really busy with graduations and company, but it sounds as if something else much more unpleasant has come along. Don't know what it is and don't need to know...praying for you!

Take your time Liesa. We'll be here and don't worry about us. Take care of you and your situation. We will love you no less as a result.

Thanks, Doc. Yes, it is more than just "busy-ness", but I will try to be here as I can. Prayers and good thoughts are very appreciated right now.

You take such lovely photos! Enjoying your report!

Thank you so much and a big, huge

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

I'm so glad you are here. I will really try to update as I can, meantime please feel free to make yourself at home and join in the conversation.

Praying for you too Liesa. We will be here when you can get back no rush. :hug:

Thanks, my friend. :) I need all I can get.

I know I am late but I would pass too and I say this as someone who uses the dining plan (we only go during free dining). We use it because for my dh it is important for him to know it is paid for in advance. It makes for a much more relaxing trip for us and he will only go when he has the dining plan. So if that is what I have to do to go to Disney that is what I do. Though we do work the plan and have always come out ahead of what the plan would have cost. I would love to go on a trip without the plan and not be tied to adr's but as I said I do what I must to go to Disney.

Good to see you here!! I hope hanging out with the DIS pals helps you get some relaxation from the stress!! I know you had this down as an art form when you had to escape Crapistan for mental breaks. ;-)

@DonnaBeeGood those are beautiful pictures!! Congratulations! Your dress looks amazing, I love the sleeves!

Thank you for sharing your MVMCP pictures even when things are tough. I enjoyed the festive photos and they actually made me wish I were attending a party. They reminded me of all the things that made the special event so unique.

I'm sorry to hear life has been difficult lately. The wonderful thing about the DIS is most of us here understand that real life can knock you down, and we're here for whatever you may need. Whether it be to escape through a Disney trip, a step away from everything Disney-related, or a place to simply say, "life is hard" we're here to offer a supportive ear or a funny meme or a simple well wish that times will turn around soon. :hug:

Depends on how kind the man behind the sashay is.
Well, by his own admission, he lost his man card years ago. :rotfl2:
In all seriousness, he seems (or he's got us all fooled) the perfect gentleman.

None! Promise. I was just... cold. And in the case of cold any means justifies the end, no?
Wait! What? You cold? Nah! Can't be.

Ah, okay. Was your VBS fun? Successful?
It was, but if you've ever done one, you know also exhausting. I get up between 4:30 and 5, and VBS didn't get over until 9/9:15. Made for some very long days. A little bit more so for me in that I did double duty. I run the sound board, slides and/or lights most week at church and I was doing that as well as having a group/class, so it kept me hopping. Definitely not bored.

NEVER! ;)

It's too delicious.
According to you. On this we will never agree, but it's fun to poke the hornet's nest every once in a while. ;)
All in good fun. :hug:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Sometimes putting words to paper is tough- even in the best of circumstances; other times putting words to feelings and situations is nearly impossible. While the last bit has been difficult to put things lightly, I sincerely want to finish up this Trip Report.

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. Sending good thoughts your way.

For some of us, myself included, writing is a therapy and escape. Thanks for being here.

It's our pleasure. It really is.

I’m sorry I am not at liberty nor comfortable going into personal details, but it may help you, Dear Reader, to understand my prolonged absence and sporadic attendance on the Boards.

And that's okay. You can share as little or as much as you want. Feel free to PM me if you wish, too.

I might also take this opportunity to quote something I saw on FB recently: “Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.”

I try to be kind, always, regardless.
Don't always succeed... but I do try.

I hope my photos and stories bring you a smile and that you enjoy them on some level.

They always do. :)

There is no “funny” right now, and words are difficult to come by, so prose will be scant. Nevertheless, I bring you MVMCP, 2017.

:hug: I hope that whatever it is that is bringing you down resolves soon and you have your "funny" once more.

Cute shot. :)

and yet it “snowed”.

I have such mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I was like "Cool! Snow!" and on the other.... "Gross! Snow!"
The only thing that kept me from running, screaming was the fact that it wasn't real snow. That would've put me over the edge for sure.

IMG_5019-L.jpg

Nice framing. :)

I enjoyed the evening, as I have with the Halloween Party the year before,

And yet.... I'd kill to go to another MNSSHP, but don't feel a great need to do another MVMCP.

I was taken by surprise at the Castle Lighting. It was all that I’d imagined- beautiful and enchanting.

That was pretty, wasn't it?

Gorgeous shot. :)

Sauntering away from Main Street, I spent some time on a Merry Expedition where Trader Sam had a Holiday Special going on- a couple of heads for one of yours. Oddly, the back side of water is just as cool on the Holiday Cruise.

Glad you made it. I did too and really enjoyed the overlay.

I spent quite a bit of time taking photos... not in any hurry to go anywhere or do anything.

That's kinda what I did too. I didn't want to rush, didn't feel a need to go on tons of rides. Was nice.

Another really nice shot.

I was pretty full from my dinner at LTT, but when has that EVER mattered at Disney?

:laughing: Exactly!

I still managed to get some decent photos and came away with some irreplaceable memories from my Enchanted Christmas Party.

:goodvibes Good!

Anna doesn't look overly thrilled to be there.

Hope you are all well and happy. Truly.

Not bad. Incredibly busy, but... not bad. Hope you will be well and happy soon, too.

Save your $$

Probably will. Not really much of a drinker.

That is just.... weird.

And yet... at the time, I didn't even notice. Guess it was the norm, so why would I?

Nah, I love my hoodie. Wore it last night, in fact.

Well... good, then!

Pish posh. I've seen your work. :worship:

Yeah, well... not with these ones. You'll see... or not.

Actually, yes. I am. Very much.

Almost exactly 3 months, now. :)

I’m sorry I am not at liberty nor comfortable going into personal details, but it may help you, Dear Reader, to understand my prolonged absence and sporadic attendance on the Boards.

Not to worry. We don't need any kind of explanation. Just hoping that your pain is eased and things are better for you soon.

There is no “funny” right now, and words are difficult to come by, so prose will be scant.

Understood. Thank you for still thinking of us, and delivering some cheerful words and photos, especially at a time when it's so difficult for you. I hope that this report can be a joy for you, and not a burden, at a time that seems to be trying for you.

The air was not crisp as one would find in a more Northern latitude, and yet it “snowed”. There were reindeer, and snowflakes. In the warmth that is Central Florida in October, there was hot apple cider, icicles, and plenty of merriment in the air.

As someone very familiar with white Christmases, this always seems a little strange for me. But not complaining!

I was taken by surprise at the Castle Lighting. It was all that I’d imagined- beautiful and enchanting.

I agree. So heart-warming and magical!

Love this shot!

And this one :)

Pretty-Much-Not-Scary-at-All Party

:laughing: Truth.

I love these, too! :lovestruc

Guys... I"m sorry. I just can't tackle replies right now. I will begin and see what I can do, a few at a time, please be patient with me, k?

One foot in front of the other, right??

No rush. Do as much or as little as you feel up to, or just skip replies if ever needed. We know you're there, and reading everything, and that you care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter