The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I was twenty five pages behind on your report as of this morning, Steppe. :sad2: Moving really impacted my DIS time, but I'm hoping I'm finally 100% settled and can start catching up for good. I managed to reach page 40, but now my kids want dinner so that's all I can manage today. But I did just want to say that I've really been enjoying reading about your EPIC trip. I doubt I'll ever think of taking a picture in that pose the same way ever again. :rotfl:
I'm so sorry to hear your mom had the medical incident at the monorail station but was reassured to see Disney handled it well.
The Alice art you purchased is lovely; great choice!

What a fantastic upgrade to your accommodation - such wonderful pixie dust!

I approve of your choice of refreshment - rekorderlig is one of my drink choices when I'm out.

I hate it when your finished a meal when you can't get someone's attention to bring the bill. Usually Disney bring it with undue haste.

“Now Princess, before I take you to your royal quarters, let’s take that portrait beside your car and carriage.”
It's about time!!!!
Nevertheless, she gave him the benefit of the doubt and let him continue to redeem his initial poor behavior.
He did seem to rebound quite nicely. That's what happens when you arrive incognito.
Some bowed low in awe and amazement as she passed by. (Okay, that was fiction, but it sounded good.)
Oh, that part was the fiction, huh?
EPIC- a quite fitting acronym for Entitled Princesses in Cahoots.
:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: I like it!
Fortunately for the server (and her ensuing gratuity), Princess Steppe also enjoys a hard cider on occasion and accepted it… more for its nice color and girly bubbles than anything else.
Whew... what a relief. It's a good thing she had Princess Steppe and not the Queen of Hearts. I could have been "off with her head!"
Finally, when the server did not return to collect payment, Steppe gathered her things and went to the podium to explain that she was in a terrible hurry at this point and needed to pay immediately or put it on a room tab or something. Will our princess make it on time? Join us next time on Storytime with Steppe!
Ok, that would have hurt the gratuity more than the cider mishap. I hate being made to wait for the bill after I'm done eating. Maybe it's just me, but that is kind of a pet peeve of mine.

I'm completely caught up now!
What an unexpected and amazing surprise with the room upgrade! This trip seems to have been really special. Sure, all trips are unique and memorable, but between the spontaneous additional days, the VIP tour, the room upgrade, and the meeting of fellow DISers this one will probably stand out for quite a while.

Just use some eau de toilette to take care of that.

:laughing:
Hmmm... Hmmm.... I'm having a bit of trouble with that. On the one hand (as you point out), he does have a job that he needs to do, but... how long would it take him to snap a photo? Was he actively helping a guest at the time? (obviously not) Were guests arriving just then that needed his attention? (yes. you.)

That was what rubbed me the wrong way the most. It'd have taken (and did) about 30 seconds. That 30 seconds could have gone a long way in impression making.

In hindsight, once I had told him that I was a resort guest and his attitude changed, I might have told him that I'd look for someone else to assist me.
"No, no. I'll find someone else to help me. Maybe your manager isn't too busy?"

Hmm, seems harsh, but truth be told I did get very good and personalized service after that.

Yeah... and even if you weren't... since it soon became readily apparent that he wasn't too busy to take your photo...

correct.

Hence... the dungeon.

I have a dungeon and I'm NOT afraid to use it! LOL!

Image result for broccoli in teeth

Gross!

Whoa... That is... sooooo cool!

It was a pretty cool "do they really do this?! Like in The King and I?... yes, um, they actually do!" moment.

I frequently am. :snooty:

:lmao:

... except when you sashay.

"May we photograph the princess, Alejandro?"
Alejandro: <ignores>.
LOL! Perhaps it was just photography that was unpalatable to him.

Yes. Yes she should have.
Bye, bye tip!
I tipped because I forget when I'm at Disney that I'm not actually on a pauper's budget. :rolleyes2

That was what rubbed me the wrong way the most. It'd have taken (and did) about 30 seconds. That 30 seconds could have gone a long way in impression making.
Exactly.
Hmm, seems harsh, but truth be told I did get very good and personalized service after that.
I just... people who won't do a job because it's beneath them... :sad2:
I have a dungeon and I'm NOT afraid to use it! LOL!
:lmao: I'm sure you do!
:laughing:
... except when you sashay.
::yes::
I tipped because I forget when I'm at Disney that I'm not actually on a pauper's budget. :rolleyes2
Disney is very adept at separating you from your cash.

Dying to know how it turned out!! That salad and cider looked delicious, I hope you had time to fully enjoy them without rushing!

Hopefully this weekend I'll have time to get a little writing done. I didn't talk much about the salad, but it was for reals one of the best I've ever had. The thin bacon? prosciutto? was super crispy and the apples added a nice sweet/tart crunch to it. Very light and refreshing!

I did... until I had to wait for the check. Which never came.

Very cute! I have to wonder how much the GF staff gets annoyed at people who go there for photo ops without staying there? Is it just that guy, or is it a big thing? But, yeah, that was pretty rude considering that he wasn't busy.

I love your EPIC acronym - very fitting.

Moving really impacted my DIS time, but I'm hoping I'm finally 100% settled and can start catching up for good. I managed to reach page 40, but now my kids want dinner so that's all I can manage today.

You did well at catching up! Much better than I usually do when I get behind. Hate when that happens!

And what is it with kids and dinner?! LOL!

I doubt I'll ever think of taking a picture in that pose the same way ever again. :rotfl:

It's best bandwagon ever to jump on. All the rage, ya know. ;)

I'm so sorry to hear your mom had the medical incident at the monorail station but was reassured to see Disney handled it well.

They really did! I was very reassured and so relieved it wasn't worse!

The Alice art you purchased is lovely; great choice!

I love it!

What an unexpected and amazing surprise with the room upgrade! This trip seems to have been really special. Sure, all trips are unique and memorable, but between the spontaneous additional days, the VIP tour, the room upgrade, and the meeting of fellow DISers this one will probably stand out for quite a while.

I was totally floored! So incredible and so lovely. Everything about that trip was special and as you say, one that will stand out.

What a fantastic upgrade to your accommodation - such wonderful pixie dust!

It was so wonderful to be on the monorail line in such luxury. I really loved that!

I approve of your choice of refreshment - rekorderlig is one of my drink choices when I'm out.

I'd never had it, and quite enjoyed it! Perfect fofr a hot summer day.

I hate it when your finished a meal when you can't get someone's attention to bring the bill. Usually Disney bring it with undue haste.

I agree, most of the time, I am feeling rushed and hurried. Hate that equally as much. Pacing, People!

It's about time!!!!

Right?!

He did seem to rebound quite nicely. That's what happens when you arrive incognito.

I should rememeber this strategy!

Oh, that part was the fiction, huh?

;) You just never know with these updates.

Whew... what a relief. It's a good thing she had Princess Steppe and not the Queen of Hearts. I could have been "off with her head!"

Just don't cross her the wrong way.

Ok, that would have hurt the gratuity more than the cider mishap. I hate being made to wait for the bill after I'm done eating. Maybe it's just me, but that is kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Sometimes, the pacing is just.... off and it cuts into plans. I hate that too.

I feel like I have been living under a rock. How have I never read one of your trip reports before? I too am an Oregonian. (Eugene). The white PNW legs are very familiar to me. I am a 55 year old widow with three kids. I feel like we really need to meet. I was just telling my daughter I really need to find some like minded Disney people and low and behold you are only an hour away.

I just... people who won't do a job because it's beneath them... :sad2:

I've had experience with plenty of those. Including a few of my managers in the past.

Disney is very adept at separating you from your cash.

It takes a lot of gall to charge $40 for a t-shirt.

Very cute! I have to wonder how much the GF staff gets annoyed at people who go there for photo ops without staying there? Is it just that guy, or is it a big thing? But, yeah, that was pretty rude considering that he wasn't busy.

I don't think many. Certainly not enough to give the impression that you're super busy when you're... not.

I love your EPIC acronym - very fitting.

Thanks!!!

👑👑👑👑👑

She speaks the truth!! ::yes::
Yes she does.

But it does prevent us from being obnoxious on those (rare) occasions when our dollar is higher.

:rolleyes1

<US cashier at near border town>
"Hey! Did you know our dollar is higher than yours now?"
"Yes sir/ma'am. I have heard that."
(Repeat 1,674,342 times... per hour.)
Canadians can be obnoxious?

So, when it's all, "Sorry, sorry, sorry..." how should I take that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter