The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

IMG_0137-L.jpg

Did anyone else read this in the Swedish chef voice? Just me? Ok.

Instead, with the high ceilings made to resemble a boat’s overturned hull, lighter, yellow woods throughout, and an interesting fusion of nautical, edging on industrial/steampunk theming, it was perfectly comfortable.

I like the look of it, for sure.

I cannot stomach the thought of eating raw oysters, but remember telling @franandaj I would if she bought my 2nd drink to do it someday. LOL!

Still wondering who the first person to try an oyster was, and how that idea came up.

This place definitely gets a double thumbs up from Steppe. Superb service, fantastic food and a clean, well-themed venue right in the middle of the DTD action.

I'm glad you liked it so much!

"My wife just made this and we wanted to share it with you!"

They hadn't forgotten!

Awww...

Love your neighbor. You never know what gifts you may find come your way or what you might be able to give in return.

Excellent advice. I feel like I've heard it somewhere before...

What awesome Pixie Dust
More Pixie Dust

It was definitely a pixie dust-filled trip on so many levels!

UHM yes please

IT was so yummy!! And then a funny thing happened....

I had bought it just before the group started heading out to the YC dock for our Illuminations Cruise. And lo and behold you are NOT allowed to take alcohol out of the park.Such a stupid rule!!!!!! I mean I could literally walk 3 minutes to Hurricane Hannahs and have another. But security gave me 2 choices... toss it or chug it. It cost me $15. Which do you think I did?

Love me some Bobotti. Again more Pixie Dust for Steppe.

The Edison looks fun

Life is full of blessings, isn't it?

The Edison is quite a nice place!

Heard good things about Yachtsman too. :)

It's pretty high on my list for a future trip.
And I tend to avoid those places. I've twice had pretty good meals at... barn-like restaurants and not wanted to go back. Because I found my self yelling to be heard.

I hate that! Meals are supposed to facilitate discussion and connecting, not screaming. Having said that, I like Raglan Road, but expect it there. Even pay for it there.

So.... Kelly wasn't there?

LOLOL!!!!

Might've even been me. I've mentioned them before, I think. Probably on Alison's thread.

Quite possibly!!! Or maybe it was discussion we all had at the Crabpot in Long Beach with her and Kari??

LOL!! I couldn't even figure out what langauge it was. I almost Googled but settled on German, and left it at that (wrong) idea.

I like the look of it, for sure.

There are a TON of cool props! I LOVED the rows of outboard motors along the walls!

Still wondering who the first person to try an oyster was, and how that idea came up.

I still wonder the same about eggs. Just... why? Near starving Neaderthal ancestors?

Excellent advice. I feel like I've heard it somewhere before...

;)

Hi Liesa! I somehow got behind five pages but I'm all caught up!

I'm sorry to hear that your Airbnb won't work out. I don't know all the ins and outs, but I know it was a bit of work for you to set up.

Congrats on your new job, though! That's one of the best perks of nursing…you can usually find a job! It's nice that it pays so much more, too!

I love your review of The Edison…I think I'll have to try it out next March with Mike. He likes anything that isn't the parks and I think he'd really like this!

It's pretty high on my list for a future trip.
I've had several restaurants on my "high on my list"... there's too many! :laughing:
Which is much better than the alternative.
I hate that! Meals are supposed to facilitate discussion and connecting, not screaming. Having said that, I like Raglan Road, but expect it there. Even pay for it there.
You get a show there. You're supposed to watch. So that's okay.
Or maybe it was discussion we all had at the Crabpot in Long Beach with her and Kari??
Could be!

As usual, I spent far more time eating outside of the actual pavilions. There is so much good food offered before I ever get there! I really felt they did a great job at keeping to the theme of "Fresh from the Garden" using ingredients to match the specific kiosks. There was a nice variety of savory, hot, cold, sweet, GF, Dairy-free, vegan, meat, you name it. I truly think there was enough variety for everyone to truly enjoy the food-side of Flower and Garden. With all the variety now for this Festival, I think it's taken 1st Place for Favorite Festival at EPCOT.
I need to go to lunch. Like 5 minutes ago.

Love seeing the Food & Flower & Garden & Wine Festivals. For as much of the year as it is that EPCOT has a festival, I have still never managed to be there for one.
A word about her… I cannot for the life of me remember her name, but she was probably the best server I have ever had on Disney property. She was that good. Attentive, but not overly so; extremely knowledgeable but not pushy or stuffy. She carefully explained how the menu worked and what options I had to have a small piece of beef added to my entrée. She knew exactly which cuts were available, how big they’d be, all without peeking or even hesitating. She had a drink recommendation ready, knew her specials like I know David Bowie songs, and was super friendly to boot. I would go back to the Boathouse in a flash simply because of her alone, however I won’t have to. The food is also a very good reason to warrant a repeat visit.
That's great! The food always seems to get rave reviews, but I'm glad to hear that your experience with your server was so positive!

Clearly she knew about the whole PrincessSteppe thing.
"You KNOW Bobotie??!?!" "Yes, I do and I love it!". "Well, we MUST have you for dinner!" We've just not been able to find a time to get together, but just now, I got a knock on the door and Pierre was standing there with this:

"My wife just made this and we wanted to share it with you!"

They hadn't forgotten!

It was fantastic! Even better than Boma as it had more curry and generally more flavor. Soooo good! My advice? Love your neighbor. You never know what gifts you may find come your way or what you might be able to give in return.
That was very kind of them! Good thing you got on friendly terms with the neighbors.

Hi Liesa! I somehow got behind five pages but I'm all caught up!

I've noticed you've been scarcer on the boards lately. Glad you came back out to play!
I'm sorry to hear that your Airbnb won't work out. I don't know all the ins and outs, but I know it was a bit of work for you to set up.

It was quite a bit in set up layout. On the bright side, I have brand new towels, sheets, some new kitchen stuff, and a super cute spare bedroom. ;)
Congrats on your new job, though! That's one of the best perks of nursing…you can usually find a job! It's nice that it pays so much more, too!

Thanks!! And yes... so many places to spread our skills and to learn new ones. My plan is to divide the pay from Job #2 between travel and a new car (used) fund.

I love your review of The Edison…I think I'll have to try it out next March with Mike. He likes anything that isn't the parks and I think he'd really like this!
That's what is so great about Disney. There is SO much to do aside from the parks!! Loads!

I need to go to lunch. Like 5 minutes ago.

Oopsies!! ;)

Love seeing the Food & Flower & Garden & Wine Festivals. For as much of the year as it is that EPCOT has a festival, I have still never managed to be there for one.

I think they choose not to have one during the summer because it's so crowded. The festival booths can take up a fair amount of space and do cause some level of congestion.

That's great! The food always seems to get rave reviews, but I'm glad to hear that your experience with your server was so positive!

Clearly she knew about the whole PrincessSteppe thing.

They must have told her I was coming. ;)

That was very kind of them! Good thing you got on friendly terms with the neighbors.

It sure was! Too bad they are moving "soon". I don't know what that means, but I do know it's close enough for them to be able to bring me some So. African jerky someday.

:rotfl2:

LOL!! I couldn't even figure out what langauge it was. I almost Googled but settled on German, and left it at that (wrong) idea.

I actually think it’s Icelandic. That’s the only language (besides old Norse) that I know off that has the d letter with the dash through it: Ð or as minor letter: ð. (And yes, I did have to add Icelandic as a keyboard to my phone to produce those) As far as I know it’s pronounced like a th in English.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter