The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

With the ultimate goal of trying as many places on Disney property in mind, while still making time for my tried and true favorites
Whoa. Have you moved there, yet?
🇲🇫🗼Monsieur Paul is your place. Promise! 🗼🇲🇫
I know! I haven't written about it yet (but someday I will!), but I have been there. :)
I had a reservation for 6:30, but as my day went on, I was feeling like I’d rather have an earlier-in-my-room night that I had planned
Sometimes it's nice to get back to your room and just enjoy a little quiet time.
wanting to slow down a lot and be pampered with some signature dining and some room time.
Both very nice on very different levels.
But! I was near there so had an idea… what if I popped in and talked to a real human?
I never would've thought of that. Smart!
“Oh, I can help you. What are you needing to do Madame?” I instantly felt $1,000 richer and 50% more French than I am.
:laughing:
Remind me to speak French to you.
It’s pretty hard to not be happy in Disney.
::yes::
Unless you’re with a sassy 14-year old whose sole purpose in life is to test your patience.
:rolleyes:
We entered the opulent, but not overdone, dining room and she showed me a table near a window but in the middle of the room.
Um.... Near is not the same as "at".
I’ve learned that in Disney most CMs are willing to do what they can to put a smile on your face; put up a ‘tude and demand and you can surely kiss your hopes of “magical moments” good-bye. It’s as it should be.
You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Every fancypants meal should begin with bubbly.
:laughing: Okay!
did I mention we have free unlimited PB&Js?
:eek: Get out! I'd be taking advantage of that!
Oxtail Broth with Braised Beef, Vegetables, and Black Winter Truffles covered in Puff Pastry - $29.
That sounds really good!
the flaky pastry was meant to be pushed down into the broth and eaten as part of it
Huh! So that's what you do with it.
"The legend of the famous truffle soup was born in 1975 February 25, when French president Valéry Giscard D’Estaing promoted Paul Bocuse to Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur (the highest decoration in France). For that occasion, the father of French gastronomy was asked to prepare a special meal and one of the dishes he decided to serve for the president and the guests was la soupe aux truffes."
Thanks for that. Really interesting... and impressive!
You know, like the complete opposite of choosing my shirt every day or which coffee to buy at the store.
Save time by spilling your coffee on all your shirts ahead of time. Simplifies the process.
Berkshire Kurobuta Pok Loin Mediallionin a Salt Crust, Raspberry Jam, Potato Confit, Sauce Charcutiere- $39
mmm... I'd order that.
From another website, which still didn’t produce the information on the medal he was always wearing
Umm... you just wrote about it. "medal of Commandeur de la Légion d'honneur".
'I have three stars. I have had three bypasses. And I still have three women.” - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ar-uniforms-funeral-master-Monsieur-Paul.html

His private life was... unorthodox.
Then is mine ultra-unorthodox?
I have three women in my household. Five if you count the dogs. Six if you throw in the hamster.

(I don't know about the fish.)
I took my time people watching down below wondering what the poor people were doing for dinner. (If you need a thorough discussion on that particular idiom, refer to @Flossbolna 's thread where a few chimed in on its nuances
I believe that was on @MeghanEmily 's thread.
Moments like that come far less often than I’d like- amazing food, an elegant setting, a perfect view across and to the sides of me, just perfection.
Beautiful view. Both sides.
That second shot looks like a surrealist painting.
I had never, ever seen something carved tableside like that!
I've never seen anything like that!
Then poured a rich gravy over each piece. Here is the final presentation of my meal.
Wow, that looks good!
In all seriousness, it was a LARGE piece of bread and I do wonder what they did with it.
Hmmm... it would've soaked up a lot of the pork flavour, I'd think. But... maybe use it for croutons?
(you didn’t think I’d make it through a meal without visiting that, did you?)
Nope!
I passed the wine cellar. Impressive, no? That’s a lot of cataloguing, Friends.
I like that wine cellar. It just... appeals to me somehow.
Walking out of the Pavilion, I spied my Spirit Animal of the moment and took a selfie- a perfect portrait of two Little Miss Porkies. I hope she doesn’t wonder too long where her cousin Susie Swine went….
:lmao:
Would I go back? OH YES! It's one of my favorites now and exceeds Le Cellier in quality, service, presentation, ambiance, etc...
I would agree with that statement.
To all you dads out there- you're doing a great job! Keep up the good work!
Thanks! :)

Wow, that meal looks amazing!

What a nice evening for you!

Thanks for the review, I don’t see many for Chef Paul’s!

I love your picture with Miss Piggy, very cute!

Your evening at Mr Paul looks wonderful. I would probably enjoy a meal there. I think it would be a little too high end for the ladies in my family though. Perhaps yet another thing to put on my solo trip list.

I love how they set the table! The napkinds look like little jackets.
It sounded light and not too filling and was absolutely delicious! When my incredible server, Johanna, brought it out, she carefully, in a wonderfully thick French accent, explained that the flaky pastry was meant to be pushed down into the broth and eaten as part of it. Huh! I’d not have thought to do that. It turned that into sort of a noodle? Kinda? But soaked up the broth which was flavorful and delicious! It was definitely not a heavy soup by any standard and, while I did not eat it all, it was a nice start to the meal.

I had this too and it was delicious! I love the consomme, so light yet so full of flavor, I'd definitely get this again.
That looks so interesting as I rarely order pork in restaurants but it does look very tender!
Would I go back? OH YES! It's one of my favorites now and exceeds Le Cellier in quality, service, presentation, ambiance, etc... The prices are very similar, maybe a bit more, but is just a better choice in my opinion. So, along with Tiffins, Terralina (the outlier), Cali Grill, and of course Victoria and Albert's, this is on my list of favorites. One could easily dine here for under $100, even for 2, if you passed on drinks.
I would definitely go back, if you're ever there for Food and Wine over the weekend definitely try and reserve the French Family Meal, it is divine. We're doing it in November!

Probably. What other reason would there be??

He has a degree in Gov't. Spending from a US based institution?

Whoa. Have you moved there, yet?

The thought/inclation grows stronger every day.

I know! I haven't written about it yet (but someday I will!), but I have been there. :)

OH!! Looking forward to that!

I never would've thought of that. Smart!

:teacher:

Remind me to speak French to you.

Deal! If I can't *be* 1000% richer, I'd sure love to feel like it!

Um.... Near is not the same as "at".

Perhaps it was lost in translation.... I've made far (FAR!) worse mistakes in a foreign language.

Remember... "I'm going to poop radishes in the Spring!"

:eek: Get out! I'd be taking advantage of that!

Fattening!

Save time by spilling your coffee on all your shirts ahead of time. Simplifies the process.

Hey! For the amount I do that, it's like it a superpower.

Then is mine ultra-unorthodox?
I have three women in my household. Five if you count the dogs. Six if you throw in the hamster.

(I don't know about the fish.)

I'm not entirely sure that's what he was referring to. :crowded:

I believe that was on @MeghanEmily 's thread.

Fixed! Thanks!

Beautiful view. Both sides.
That second shot looks like a surrealist painting.

I made it look a bit moreso in post-editing. ;)

Hmmm... it would've soaked up a lot of the pork flavour, I'd think. But... maybe use it for croutons?

Maybe? It just seems they HAD to do *something* with it!

Your evening at Mr Paul looks wonderful. I would probably enjoy a meal there. I think it would be a little too high end for the ladies in my family though. Perhaps yet another thing to put on my solo trip list.

It might be given your reports in the past, but I do think you would certainly enjoy it, Jeff! I hope you can steal away sometime and take that trip!

He has a degree in Gov't. Spending from a US based institution?
yeah, that's probably it.
The thought/inclation grows stronger every day.
It's a slippery slope!
Deal! If I can't *be* 1000% richer, I'd sure love to feel like it!
Remember... "I'm going to poop radishes in the Spring!"
Well, sure. That's when they're freshest.
Fattening!
Calories don't count at Disney!
Hey! For the amount I do that, it's like it a superpower.
::yes::
I'm not entirely sure that's what he was referring to. :crowded:
:rolleyes1
I made it look a bit moreso in post-editing. ;)

I love how they set the table! The napkinds look like little jackets.

Aren't they adorable?!

I had this too and it was delicious! I love the consomme, so light yet so full of flavor, I'd definitely get this again.

I loved it, but I also think there are a few other items I'd try too. The loster and the beets both sound amazing for starters.

That looks so interesting as I rarely order pork in restaurants but it does look very tender!

I thought the presentation was spectacular!

I would definitely go back, if you're ever there for Food and Wine over the weekend definitely try and reserve the French Family Meal, it is divine. We're doing it in November!

I've read about that from 2 reporters now. I really should think about it!

It's a slippery slope!

One I'd happily slide down.
Well, sure. That's when they're freshest.

Of course!

It's art.

well, at least moreso than that... Voice of Fire BS.

Would I go back? OH YES! It's one of my favorites now and exceeds Le Cellier in quality, service, presentation, ambiance, etc... The prices are very similar, maybe a bit more, but is just a better choice in my opinion. So, along with Tiffins, Terralina (the outlier), Cali Grill, and of course Victoria and Albert's, this is on my list of favorites. One could easily dine here for under $100, even for 2, if you passed on drinks.
I haven't tried it yet, but maybe I'll give it a shot in December/January?

Great M. Paul review! I've heard excellent things, but we've still never dined there. It always seems to narrowly miss the list each trip. I'll have to give it some more thought next time!

I even have an occasional free PB&J at work- @Captain_Oblivious, did I mention we have free unlimited PB&Js? I eat about one a month when my shift runs late and I didn't bring dinner.
Oh, he'd be all over that!!!! Not only is that the staple of his vacation dining, but it also falls under his criteria of "if it's free, it's for me!"
Totally in love with my choice, I savored every single bite. It was absolutely delicious- very tender, packed with flavor, and perfectly paired with the raspberry coulis and roasted veggies. The bread was dispatched somewhere else. I know not where, but perhaps it was for the soup line around the back for the poorer folks who’d eaten at Monsieur Paul the day before. In all seriousness, it was a LARGE piece of bread and I do wonder what they did with it.
First of all, that looks really good and I normally don't go for the fancy schmancy type of food. And I'm curious about the bread now! I thought it would be offered to you. Seems wasteful if they don't do something with it... I guess since it technically wasn't ever on your table or wasn't served to you or touched, could they take it back and use it in a recipe in some way? Make croutons? Use it for dipping in soup? :rotfl:

But inside is a true hidden gem if you want to get all fancy pants and have a phenomenal meal… slowly, leisurely, in some blessed AC.

I don't own any fancy pants. Just cargo shorts.

I still had some time of touring when I entered the park and tried to change my ADR for an hour earlier on the app to no avail. But! I was near there so had an idea… what if I popped in and talked to a real human?

Nah, that never works! Who would want to do that?

It’s pretty hard to not be happy in Disney. Unless you’re with a sassy 14-year old whose sole purpose in life is to test your patience.

Or if you have family with you that refuses to take your advice and "just wings it".

I even have an occasional free PB&J at work- @Captain_Oblivious, did I mention we have free unlimited PB&Js? I eat about one a month when my shift runs late and I didn't bring dinner.

So...yay? Congratulations, I guess? I only eat it because I have to.

I was okay with that as I’d been able to narrow down my choice fairly quickly. You know, like the complete opposite of choosing my shirt every day or which coffee to buy at the store.

Whatever shirt is on top of the pile, and regular with sugar and cream. You're welcome.

“In a book published in 2006 shortly after yet another heart operation, Bocuse was quoted as summing up: 'I have three stars. I have had three bypasses. And I still have three women.” - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ar-uniforms-funeral-master-Monsieur-Paul.html

His private life was... unorthodox.

Let if never be said that this guy was boring.

Moments like that come far less often than I’d like- amazing food, an elegant setting, a perfect view across and to the sides of me, just perfection.

Great to have a nice meal with a view. Very appealing.

I had never, ever seen something carved tableside like that!

It's like a gift wrapped in bread!

In all seriousness, it was a LARGE piece of bread and I do wonder what they did with it.

Those pigeons hang around the parks for a reason.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Would I go back? OH YES! It's one of my favorites now and exceeds Le Cellier in quality, service, presentation, ambiance, etc...

I miss when Le Cellier was just a regular, unpretentious steakhouse that nobody knew about. It was much better that way.

Hope you're all having a fantastic weekend, and enjoy a nice Father's Day tomorrow. To all you dads out there- you're doing a great job! Keep up the good work!

Hey, thanks! We're trying!

Sounds like an amazing meal. I was shocked at the price for your soup, but then I realized there were truffles involved. The mushroom not the chocolate kind, so that’s the reason.

To me Bocuse is the name for French cuisine. My aunt gave my mother one of his cookbooks when I was a kid. It was quite ridiculous with things like cooking some liver and vegetables for 24 hours to then process it further and after three days you will have the sauce to serve with your meat. But it had amazing pictures! And I do remember one dish with something in a salt crust. I guess that’s what the „bread“ was and that’s why you didn’t get it. It’s main ingredient was salt...

Michael and I have often thought about eating there and your review definitely sounds like we should exactly do that!

Luckily, the hottest queue on Earth went by quickly because John, one of our tour guides, was pointing out cool little factoids and hidden gems like this:

I love trivia especially Disney Trivia.

but we did giggle and scream like 2 little girls all the way around Andy’s backyard past the Jacks, down the “stairs”, and right on past Wheezy’s Serenade

I love this description. I'm looking forward to giggling and screaming too.

And there you have it. I’ll forever be known as ChunkyDump

:rotfl2:

Very original!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter