The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

Great M. Paul review! I've heard excellent things, but we've still never dined there. It always seems to narrowly miss the list each trip. I'll have to give it some more thought next time!
Thanks, Meghan! Let me know if you end up there. I'm always curious if my recommendations pass the test. :)

Oh, he'd be all over that!!!! Not only is that the staple of his vacation dining, but it also falls under his criteria of "if it's free, it's for me!"

See?! And yes, I think "Free" in anyone's book is a good thing.

First of all, that looks really good and I normally don't go for the fancy schmancy type of food. And I'm curious about the bread now! I thought it would be offered to you. Seems wasteful if they don't do something with it... I guess since it technically wasn't ever on your table or wasn't served to you or touched, could they take it back and use it in a recipe in some way? Make croutons? Use it for dipping in soup? :rotfl:

So, according to @Flossbolna , it w wasn't technically bread. Although it sure did look and smell like it. ?? Apparently, it was the salt crust. The photos, I've seen of "salt crusts" didn't look like that, but now that I read the description more carefully and have read up on it, I'm certain she is right. So, NOT bread! Who knew!?!

I don't own any fancy pants. Just cargo shorts.

Which is a nice segue.... I need some.... Bag checks are really bringing me down and I'm thinking cargo shorts would be a great way to go!

Nah, that never works! Who would want to do that?

Certainly not anyone under 25 at the moment. My kids and all of their friends are literally terrified to talk to people even on the phone. What a sad fallout from cell and other electronic use.

Or if you have family with you that refuses to take your advice and "just wings it".

That too!

So...yay? Congratulations, I guess? I only eat it because I have to.

Me too. I am usually eating one because there is a disturbing lack of delicious goodies in my lunchbag... .as in none.

Whatever shirt is on top of the pile, and regular with sugar and cream. You're welcome.

....except mind are all hanging. And no. Lattes.

Let if never be said that this guy was boring.

That is true!

It's like a gift wrapped in bread!

... or not. See Magdalene's reply.
I miss when Le Cellier was just a regular, unpretentious steakhouse that nobody knew about. It was much better that way.

I never tried Le Cellier before a few years ago, and while it was okay, it wasn't Mr. Paul good. If they serve the same soup that I got at the F&W kiosk... no thanks.

I know I'm behind again. I really loved your Epcot photos. Sooo pretty and excellent pictures.
Thanks! I sure did love wandering around and taking in all the beauty!

I love trivia especially Disney Trivia.

Me too!!

I love this description. I'm looking forward to giggling and screaming too.

You are going to LOVE it!

:rotfl2:

Very original!

LOL!! It's the latest thing!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful meal @ Monsieur Paul. It sounds just perfect.

You're very welcome! It was such a nice treat!

Oooo your dinner at Monsier Paul looks amazing! It's definitely on my list of places to try. The menu always scares me a bit but I'm sure I'd love just about anything!

I even have an occasional free PB&J at work- @Captain_Oblivious, did I mention we have free unlimited PB&Js?

You get free PB&J at work? I'm rioting!

Oxtail Broth with Braised Beef, Vegetables, and Black Winter Truffles covered in Puff Pastry

This sounds heavenly!

After my server set down my champagne, (which came before the soup, but I forgot to get a photo of it alone) she explained that some dishes they serve there take quite a while to prepare and that “Chef” prefers customers order their entrees as early in the experience as possible so care can be taken.

Wow, that's impressive for a restaurant inside a theme park! Making me want to visit it!

I admit, at first I was completely baffled as to why she'd bring out a sizeable loaf of bread. :confused3 You'll see....

Wow, that video was just fascinating! Really can't believe a restaurant in Epcot takes this much care with presentation!

(Sorry to all the Move It, Shake It fans, but… lame. I know there are a lot of you who love this parade, but generally speaking I avoid them like I'd avoid a 30-minute Small World wait and this one especially.)

I'm so with you. The only parade I will make a point to stop and watch is Boo to you...other than that I see parades as a good time to go on rides or do something else.

If you know me at all, you’d quickly guess I had a warm bath to thaw out from the bus ride then settled into a chair on the balcony with my feet up watching the lightening before going to bed on the early side.

Gawd those busses...I'm always so cold after it's insane. WHY!!!

OK I'm here again, catching up one update at a time.

spent several blocks of time at EPCOT’s Festival this trip and each one was unique as I focused on different things each saunter through. One stroll focused on topiaries, another on the food offerings, and yet another on the gardens and flowers.

See I have to do it all at once, food, topiaries, gardens, rinse, repeat.

Disney’s Monorail Schedule is directly correlative with how hot it is standing in the sun to get a shot of one.

Nice shot though! I never get tired of the floral display around the water there.

I will almost always take time to stop and watch the birds around Disney.

You and my parents! :laughing:

If it hadn’t been so blazing hot (and I did read recently that this May was the hottest May on record in 100 years!!!!

That's funny cause So Cal had the coldest May in 100 years. Nice picture of the three of you!

It's good that you have a sense of humor. I'm not sure that I would be able to own up to a name like ChunkyDump! I'd sooner sit on the ground or Fran's lap than assume that pose! :laughing:

In fact, if I hadn’t read a few (very few!) reviews of it here, I’d likely not even noticed it.

I've only been there for the French Family Lunches or the Grand Marnier tastings, but I've loved everything I've had there.

We entered the opulent, but not overdone, dining room

It is classy, but not over the top. I like it.

Every fancypants meal should begin with bubbly. Just perfect- not too sweet, not too dry. Mmmm!

Either that or a nice stiff cocktail.

Meals like that don’t happen very often, at least in my world.

Unfortunately they don't happen very much in my world anymore either. :sad2:

Most nights it’s a bowl of cereal or leftovers. I even have an occasional free PB&J at work-

OK, I do better than this at home, but I have a little more free time than you do. I've got a half ham in the oven right now that will be served with Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Roasted Vegetables. Still pretty much under $10 for dinner and plenty of leftovers.

Johanna, brought it out, she carefully, in a wonderfully thick French accent, explained that the flaky pastry was meant to be pushed down into the broth and eaten as part of it.

Interesting. Then again I do the same thing with my Marie Calendar's Pot pies... :duck:

she explained that some dishes they serve there take quite a while to prepare and that “Chef” prefers customers order their entrees as early in the experience as possible so care can be taken.

I love when I hear that.

Berkshire Kurobuta Pok Loin Mediallionin a Salt Crust, Raspberry Jam, Potato Confit, Sauce Charcutiere- $39

Chef Hunnel really likes that Pork Loin as well and almost always has some form of it on the menu at V&A's.

Bocuse received numerous awards throughout his career, including the medal of Commandeur de la Légion d'honneur.[4]

We got cookbooks from him as gifts at the French Family lunches. I have one next to me right now that I haven't had the time to open up and read to see if I want to keep it.

Moments like that come far less often than I’d like- amazing food, an elegant setting, a perfect view across and to the sides of me, just perfection.

Same for me. I need to make this happen more.....

I admit, at first I was completely baffled as to why she'd bring out a sizeable loaf of bread. :confused3 You'll see....

That's a very interesting presentation. I wonder what the benefit of roasting inside a loaf of bread was. I was afraid that it looked overcooked, but I'm glad it wasn't.

I had never, ever seen something carved tableside like that!

I've had meats carved tableside, but never that way!

Then poured a rich gravy over each piece. Here is the final presentation of my meal.

Oh yummy! I approve! :thumbsup2

Way too stuffed for dessert, I gathered up my purse and after paying, started to head out.

I would have found room! French desserts are amazing!

I passed the wine cellar. Impressive, no? That’s a lot of cataloguing, Friends.

No more than my own cellar. :rolleyes1

I hope she doesn’t wonder too long where her cousin Susie Swine went….

Oh, I'm sure she knows......

Would I go back? OH YES! It's one of my favorites now

Mine too! I need to go for dinner and try the regular menu someday!

(I don't know about the fish.)

I thought it was on ice in your freezer.

I love how they set the table! The napkins look like little jackets.

They do this on the cruise line, as well as another establishment where you will soon be dining.

I've read about that from 2 reporters now. I really should think about it!

It's totally worth it, but usually sells out within the first hour or two of when reservations open. I would have done it again, but Fran requested that we not do any fancy meals for the F&W Festival this year. Instead we'll just do kiosks.

Hey All!

Been a crazy workweek and I thought I’d have this morning to reply and catch up.

BUT! My best friends daughter had a stroke and heart attack while running and the cause was found to be a tumor in her heart. So I rushed up to visit this morning. I also have a long weekend (extremely rare for me!) so am taking off on a road trip to Eastern Oregon for some photography and R and R.

Back on Monday, Folks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts