ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

You got that right!!

I should clarify; Dole Whip FLOATS. Because those are 1,000,000,000 times better.

You call T-shirt weather, cold???

How odd.

No. That is hoodie weather.

Well, I suppose. Yet.... many, many people get around just fine with only that.

But... but, what if I want to go further and fly in cloudy weather?

:laughing:

Keeping mouth firmly closed.

good move.

I have absolutely non problem with eating with fingers. And... that sounds fun!

Do guys over 50 get to fart too? Asking for a friend.

It is kinda fun!

Men over 50 who fart in public don't ask permission.

So you only like to get snockered at high-falutin' places.

Got it.

Wrong. Only in high-falutin' places when I wine pair.

Nope. Nope. Nopity nope. Totally doesn't count.
And I can say that based on the fact that you only have a few letters to go and I'm pretty sure I guessed that you wouldn't be able to do the entire alphabet.

OH, I see how it is. Trying to turn this to your Contest Advantage.

It won't work.

Good luck with the FPs!

Thanks! I made out like a bandit!

Okay, here's the thing.
I thought "Ah ha! I'll show her!"
So I Googled "ugly Italian man", and.... got nothing. Guess you're right.

See?! Tolja.

You can top right there.

Still bummed that we didn't make it to Murano. (stupid back)

I remember that chapter! You need a do-over. Southern Italy is a travel bucket list item, so not sure if or when I'll make it back to the Venice area, but I did love all that I saw there in 1983.

I take it back. Now you can stop.

Yumm!!!

Mmm, bolognese.

meh.

They may have invented it, but it was perfected on this side of the pond.

I'd agree, however, the anchovy pies I had on the streets of Florence was probably the best I've ever had in my lifetime. (Even with the yet unknown risks of having a fishbone become lodged in my throat!) So yum!

She's no dope!

No, and along those lines, I REALLY need to get her down to the DMV to get that Driver's permit test done.

yep. Much better, I'm sure. At least I have.
Zero idea why people rave about the pizza here. Maybe they've never had good pizza or are purists.

I think if you like Neapolitan pizza this is a win. I found this description on a site of pizza taxonomy:

"Over the past decade, Neapolitan-style pizza (authentic Italian and Americanized versions of it) has spread quickly across the country. Doughs that are allowed to ferment anywhere from a few hours to several days result in soft, digestible crusts with beautiful airy pockets that add a delightful crunch when they exit wood-burning ovens. Handled carefully and topped sparingly with fresh tomatoes, herbs and imported cheeses, this style has inspired many trips to Italy."

I acquiesce, this pizza does come close, but I prefer a thicker crust and WAY more toppings... because dough (IN ANY ITERATION) is merely a vehicle for what it placed upon it.

Stops reading.

Hey! I put in plenty of stuff for my male readership...

Lest you forget the belly dancers?

oh, okay. I'll read the rest anyway.

Good!! Shall I give you brand new welcome as a token of a fresh start?

Where were the rest? Just on their way?

Yes, on their way.

OMG! The chandelier fell on you?!?!?

It came close when I was swinging on it.

Me. That's who. It would totally not fit in with our décor.

It is... ostentatious at best.

And you would know because.... ????

Movies. Yes, that's it. Movies.

We were farther, but I liked our little table just for two. Plus I don't think Kay would like to sit with strangers very much. She did for Teppan Edo... but she knew that going in.

You don't HAVE to talk to your tablemates. I mean, it's fun to at least say hi and find out where they're from, but definitely not mandatory.

I am keeping track! And... those are the best seats. Period.

Yes!!!

Nice capture!

I'm almost embarrassed to admit to how long I spent trying to get those and how many photos I took of that. Sooooo many settings. But, I did get several that were keepers. :)

Word.

You don't order seafood at a steak place.

Then again, Ruby always orders chicken at a steak place. Well.... she orders chicken at every place.

Sooo, don't get that. At all. Choose something and do it well. Down here, pizza and chicken seem to go together, and neither is ever very good.

Hmm... That is odd. Despite your following comments.

It did. Maybe cuz, it was obvious she was with adults, and her mom no less. Who knows. The other thing is that she orders with confidence with no hesitations or muffling around. She's a bit more mature for her age than most 21 year olds.

Awwww.... get any numbers?

She seriously considered the University Program at that point.

With brown sugar please. Lots of it.

LOL! YES! But you know what? I hate oatmeal. The end. It's gross.

Cream of rice on the other hand with sorghum is lovely!

No. They had good reason. Two very pretty young ladies. You have reason to be proud. :)

Thank you! I am rather partial! :) They are well poised, confident young women.

OMG! That expression on your face! Love it!!

Goofball strikes again!

Awwww!!! I'm having a hard time figuring out which expression I like more...

They're both hilarious!

Nah, you have to have a certain amount of panache to pull that off... and I have no idea who you're talking about.

Uh huh. Sure ya don't. (Don't make me copy and paste a certain photo from an un-named TR over to here.)

oh my.

Family board!

Shhh! You're gonna get me in trouble!

Hmmm... that doesn't sound appealing to me. But I take it they were tasty.

Actually, they were surprisingly good. It was kinda like a light deep-fried cheesecake thing.

Actually... Yes it does. What was Mike thinking about all this?

He wasn't there yet. In fact, this was the night he arrived. Late. Because he missed his flight.

Found the one, only. Then again, didn't look overly hard for the other.
Sometimes I wonder... Are they really deliberate Hidden Mickeys? Or just three objects? That does happen.

IT does, but in this case, they count it because it's the only grouping. The other is the clouds and sky border. When I have time :-)lmao:) I'll circle it and re-post.

That's a good man you got there.

He was trying to dig himself out of the missed flight debacle.

Beans coulda been omitted in my book.

Beans, beans....

Kind of a stretch since most of those should actually be an "E" :rolleyes1

Picky, picky, picky. Sheesh! I just couldn't connect xylophones with this update no matter how hard I tried! Cut me some slack!

You're still wearing that grin on your face, aren't you?

Let's just say, I'm too busy to grin right now. But, come the day I take off for Disney, yes, that grin will be right back to a mile wide!

Alright... first of all, it is better than okay. Maybe not the best pizza I've ever had, I'll give you that. But it is certainly better than okay!!!

I think it's good pizza for thin, yeasty crust. But as I told PK, I like more toppings and a beefier crust. Not Chicago by any means, but more than the floppy thin of VN. I guess at the risk of sounding like I'm bragging homemade is best.

And what about the Italian ladies? They've got some good eye candy there for the guys too, just sayin...

Well, I did give you the Moroccan belly dancer. Perhaps I should find Jasmine and Ariel for you guys next time. ;) I didn't notice the Italian ladies; they seemed to be serving the other side of the table. OH, and this brings up a memory from VN!! We watched a female server have a total meltdown with her manger just beyond our table. She was out right crying and I felt so, so bad for her. NO idea if it was a rude guest or that she got in trouble for something or?? but it was awful. :(

Although a bit too young for me, I'm afraid. Ah, well.

That doesn't keep most guys from a sneak peek.

As if the same can't be said for Steppe and her birthday wishes??? :rolleyes1

HEY!!! Just making perfectly natural.... ummm.... observations!

Good point!!!

Although she is younger than me.

Moi? Not by much, noooooooooot by much!

Great update.

I agree with your assessment of Via Nappoli. We ate here for the first time in May. It was just Dennis and I. I loved the light fixture when you first walk in. So colorful and fun. There were lots of attractive male cms. The pizza was just ok. Maybe it would have been a better meal if we had a large group of fun people. I enjoyed reading the fun y'all had. Sounds like your daughter enjoyed the environment too.

Hey Vanessa!

The whole restaurant is a fun, upbeat place. It's light and bright and colorful. But noisy. I do think it's best enjoyed in a group so you can join the noise and fun. :)

Enjoyed reading your latest update.looks like you had fun at the Napoli restaurant.

Thanks, Stuart! We sure did!! :)

I should clarify; Dole Whip FLOATS. Because those are 1,000,000,000 times better.

Yes!
But... no Dole Whip? No Dole Whip floats.

No. That is hoodie weather.

You'd melt from heat stroke!

But... but, what if I want to go further and fly in cloudy weather?

Oh. Here ya go.

https://www.southwest.com/

Men over 50 who fart in public don't ask permission

Correct. We don't.

Wrong. Only in high-falutin' places when I wine pair.

Ah. A clause.

OH, I see how it is. Trying to turn this to your Contest Advantage.

It won't work.

Worth a shot.

Thanks! I made out like a bandit!

Great! Way to go!

I remember that chapter! You need a do-over. Southern Italy is a travel bucket list item, so not sure if or when I'll make it back to the Venice area, but I did love all that I saw there in 1983.

Yes. I need a do-over... and to also make my way south.

Mmm, bolognese.

:cloud9:

I'd agree, however, the anchovy pies I had on the streets of Florence was probably the best I've ever had in my lifetime. (Even with the yet unknown risks of having a fishbone become lodged in my throat!) So yum!

Interesting!
Exceptions to every rule.

Actually, when I was bed-ridden, the girls brought me some pizza that was quite good.

No, and along those lines, I REALLY need to get her down to the DMV to get that Driver's permit test done.

Soon your nest will be empty.

Mine too.

When will my nest be empty?!?!?!?!

I think if you like Neapolitan pizza this is a win. I found this description on a site of pizza taxonomy:

"Over the past decade, Neapolitan-style pizza (authentic Italian and Americanized versions of it) has spread quickly across the country. Doughs that are allowed to ferment anywhere from a few hours to several days result in soft, digestible crusts with beautiful airy pockets that add a delightful crunch when they exit wood-burning ovens. Handled carefully and topped sparingly with fresh tomatoes, herbs and imported cheeses, this style has inspired many trips to Italy."

I acquiesce, this pizza does come close, but I prefer a thicker crust and WAY more toppings... because dough (IN ANY ITERATION) is merely a vehicle for what it placed upon it.

I can eat a Neapolitan, and a Margherita (depending on my mood that day) can be a fave....

But... usually... I want... stuff on my pizza.

Hey! I put in plenty of stuff for my male readership...

Lest you forget the belly dancers?

Why do you think I kept reading?
Hope springs eternal!

Good!! Shall I give you brand new welcome as a token of a fresh start?

That would be appropriate.

It came close when I was swinging on it.

:lmao:

Movies. Yes, that's it. Movies.

Uh, huh. :rolleyes1

You don't HAVE to talk to your tablemates. I mean, it's fun to at least say hi and find out where they're from, but definitely not mandatory.

I know.
But... you met Kay. Did she strike you as the social butterfly-type?

I'm almost embarrassed to admit to how long I spent trying to get those and how many photos I took of that. Sooooo many settings. But, I did get several that were keepers. :)

No. Don't be embarrassed at all. I'm sure I would be taking a ton, too.

It did. Maybe cuz, it was obvious she was with adults, and her mom no less. Who knows. The other thing is that she orders with confidence with no hesitations or muffling around. She's a bit more mature for her age than most 21 year olds.

Ah.

She seriously considered the University Program at that point.

LOL! YES! But you know what? I hate oatmeal. The end. It's gross.

I'm not a huge fan... but I can eat it.

Cream of rice on the other hand with sorghum is lovely!

I suspect I might not care for this.
Would try it though.

Thank you! I am rather partial! :) They are well poised, confident young women.

:goodvibes

Goofball strikes again!

Uh huh. Sure ya don't. (Don't make me copy and paste a certain photo from an un-named TR over to here.)

You'll get in trouble with the Mods if you do.
They probably read your TRs.

Shhh! You're gonna get me in trouble!

See above.

Actually, they were surprisingly good. It was kinda like a light deep-fried cheesecake thing.

Oh! Okay, that sounds good.

He wasn't there yet. In fact, this was the night he arrived. Late. Because he missed his flight.

Ah!

He was trying to dig himself out of the missed flight debacle.

AH!!!!

Beans, beans....

.... taste like crap more often than not.

When I opened the finalized document, the total for all of the donated and purchased medical supplies, including surgical supplies, medications, antibiotics, etc came to over $130,000! It is now on its way to our Headquarters where it will be put on a cargo container to be shipped straight to Freetown!!

Soon, I will fulfill my long-time dream of dancing with my African brothers and sisters to the beat of drums and help bring some much needed training and smiles along the way.

What amazing news! I'm so happy to hear things are progressing for you and you're getting closer to fulfilling a dream. That's very inspiring.

Italy has many things. Ugly men is not one of them.
:rotfl2:

Loved the Via Napoli update and the pictures. Sounded like you all had a great time and had some nice entertainment along the way. I feel like this restaurant has this effect on people. Regardless of whether or not people like the pizza, everyone seems to leave feeling happy. I think that's why it's a favorite of mine.:goodvibes

Ladies, this one’s for you. ;)

Or not.... :rolleyes1

We checked in, but as usual, unless your entire group is there,

Yup. Applies to even parties of two.

I mean, who wouldn’t want this little piece of Goodwill ghetto in their own entryway at home?!

Not me! :wave:

They remind me a lot of our folks who work at East Capitol St NE and First.

So I must be an idiot. Even the Canadian got this joke. I had to Google it.

We had pizza too. It was okay, not amazing, not bad. And certainly not enough. It was supposed to feed 8 of us, but didn’t quite.

Shoulda got two.

I felt badly for my tablemates, not getting their own dessert and all, and since my daughters were asking, Marv suggested the powder-sugared cheeseballs.

I'd get my own order of them!

Hidden Mickey? Here is one that is pretty well known.

Can't see it from my phone....

X-Rated Fusion Liqueur is a blend of French vodka, Provence blood orange, mango, and passion fruit.

I will admit. I loved this drink. Sweet and tart when mixed with lemonade. Mmmm! Yummy!

Sounds tasty.

I'll be curious to see the results of the contest. I'm sure I'm nowhere near winning but curious to see how it all plays out.

Yes!
But... no Dole Whip? No Dole Whip floats.

WAIT, are you saying Dole Whips are better than DWF's?! Just no.

You'd melt from heat stroke!

No.

Very tempting to pull the trigger on somewhere fun. BUT! I can't take any more time off work really before my trip. asking for 3 weeks was already seriously pushing it.

Correct. We don't.

:crazy2::lmao:

Ah. A clause.

Always.

Yes. I need a do-over... and to also make my way south.

I really hope you can do that someday.

Interesting!
Exceptions to every rule.

Actually, when I was bed-ridden, the girls brought me some pizza that was quite good.

Awww, that was really nice.

Soon your nest will be empty.

Mine too.

When will my nest be empty?!?!?!?!

Soooon....

I can eat a Neapolitan, and a Margherita (depending on my mood that day) can be a fave....

But... usually... I want... stuff on my pizza.

Me too. All the veggies and meat!!

Why do you think I kept reading?
Hope springs eternal!

I think you may be out of luck at this point. The x-rated chapter is all over now.

That would be appropriate.

Oh fine...

If I must...

:welcome:

I know.
But... you met Kay. Did she strike you as the social butterfly-type?

Uhhhmmmm, no.

Sweet, but not exactly dying to make loads of conversation.

No. Don't be embarrassed at all. I'm sure I would be taking a ton, too.

With an action shot all set up like that, how could you NOT?!

You'll get in trouble with the Mods if you do.
They probably read your TRs.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Oh be nice. She opened it back up for you. ;)

.... taste like crap more often than not.

OH so, kinda like my opinion of broccoli.

What amazing news! I'm so happy to hear things are progressing for you and you're getting closer to fulfilling a dream. That's very inspiring.

Thanks!! And things are still progressing too. Lots to still take care of and get ready, but it's steady and by the time departure day rolls around, we'll be ready!

Loved the Via Napoli update and the pictures. Sounded like you all had a great time and had some nice entertainment along the way. I feel like this restaurant has this effect on people. Regardless of whether or not people like the pizza, everyone seems to leave feeling happy. I think that's why it's a favorite of mine.:goodvibes

We had a really nice time together! Good company always trumps mediocre food! :D

Or not.... :rolleyes1

:lmao:

Yup. Applies to even parties of two.

I suppose they've had too many no-shows this way? Or tables being clogged up for way too long.

Me neither! :rotfl2:

So I must be an idiot. Even the Canadian got this joke. I had to Google it.

And you got your answer, right?

I'd get my own order of them!

Next time, I just may!

Sounds tasty.

I'll be curious to see the results of the contest. I'm sure I'm nowhere near winning but curious to see how it all plays out.

I assure you... it was!

I'm not even sure the Winner is even reading anymore. Sadly. But there indeed was a winner. If I can't get ahold of that winner withing a couple of weeks of announcing, I will give the prize to 2nd place. :)

Italy has many things. Ugly men is not one of them.

Unlike, say, America.

Wait a minute...

Ladies, this one’s for you. ;)

Welp, see ya next week! Hitting fast-forward now...

I mean, who wouldn’t want this little piece of Goodwill ghetto in their own entryway at home?!

Goodwill ghetto...:rotfl2::rotfl2:

At first, we found it amusing that our water glasses were constantly being filled. Umm, not that I minded or anything. Drink up, Girls! After about the 20th water glass fill, the teasing turned focus to Mikki who was obviously just as smitten as the boys who seemed to hover quite a lot more than normal. (She STILL talks about how gorgeous they were. And they were. But I personally think the accents may have been what swayed her opinion.) This lasted the entire meal.

“Please Sir, may I have some more?”

Meet me by the bathroom! I'll be spending a lot of time there!

We had pizza too. It was okay, not amazing, not bad. And certainly not enough. It was supposed to feed 8 of us, but didn’t quite.

I like their pizza. Especially compared to the pizza available in the rest of WDW.

But, yes--that pizza fed my family when there were 5 of us and 3 were kids. No way it's feeding 8 adults.

They got me some hilarious attention at Yehaw Bob, and apparently, they were about to get me into trouble here too!

Nice work, Marv and Pat!

I’ll bet if I’d asked for a photo with them, one on each side, they would have. You know, like some other people I know have done in similar fashion in Vegas. :rolleyes:

But his was an obligation. He said so himself!

3, 2, 1…. Make a wish. (It wasn’t too terribly hard to come up with one given what was directly off my port and starboard sides.

Does Mike know?

That really makes it sound like I am out looking for hot, young men, doesn't it?

No. It makes it sound like you found what you were looking for.:rolleyes1

Now, what Steppe Chapter would be complete without a Hidden Mickey? Here is one that is pretty well known. I don't think it'll be too hard to find. Well one is. The other is as hard to find as bringing vaccines into Africa. Hint: It's not where you'd think.

Yeah...I got nothing.

So there ya have it. The progress as far as I've written about. Not too shabby, and oh so tasty.

Wow, that's quite the drink list!

Unless you're making a point to get some fruits and FRESH veggies, you'll have loads of extra time in the bathroom to read mediocre Trip Reports like this one.

And I'll look like @pkondz at the customs agent station.

Alright... first of all, it is better than okay. Maybe not the best pizza I've ever had, I'll give you that. But it is certainly better than okay!!!

I agree. It's good! Maybe they like anchovies or something. :crazy2:

Via Napoli is one of my family's favourite places. I like the thin crust pizza. Should I admit that large size pizza fed the four of us comfortably? Although we usually don't have apps or dessert

I felt badly for my tablemates, not getting their own dessert and all, and since my daughters were asking, Marv suggested the powder-sugared cheeseballs
I have only heard about these in the last year but I would like to try them. I think I would be a little more like you and go for the chocolate sauce.

If you're looking for a GREAT pizza, leave Disney.
Um, Ok spill the beans. Where is the best place for pizza?

Loved the update! So fun that your girls were a distraction for the staff while being distracted themselves

Too funny about the "Steppe's Birthday!" :rotfl2:Never Ending DIS meet! So cool!

Everyone ate them in no time, while I concentrated on the warm, liquidy chocolate sauce myself.

Well of course!!! Why dip things in chocolate when you can just drink it?? :) Yum.

X-Rated Fusion Liqueur is a blend of French vodka, Provence blood orange, mango, and passion fruit.

This sounds really good actually. I missed this - was it on the menu or did she make it up for you when you needed an "x" drink?

You heard it here first: Disney (non)diets can be tough on the digestive tract.

Ahem. Yes, I know what you mean. And the funny thing is you do actually have to really make a conscious effort to ingest any fibre at Disney at all, it's doable if you try, but not if you don't think about it.

WAIT, are you saying Dole Whips are better than DWF's?! Just no.

NO!!

I'm saying that you can't have Dole Whip floats if you don't have any Dole Whip.

DWFs are quite possibly the best thing in Disney.

Maybe the planet.

Very tempting to pull the trigger on somewhere fun. BUT! I can't take any more time off work really before my trip. asking for 3 weeks was already seriously pushing it.

Yeah, I suppose. You haven't been there long enough yet.
Do your vacation hours increase with your time there?

I really hope you can do that someday

It'd be a dream come true.

Awww, that was really nice.

They were in a good mood since I couldn't move and they had their freedom.

Soooon....

Get out, freeloaders!

I think you may be out of luck at this point. The x-rated chapter is all over now.

Dang.

Oh fine...

If I must...

:welcome:

Gee! Thanks! Nice to be here!

With an action shot all set up like that, how could you NOT?!

::yes::

Okay, I dunno about all y'll, but this lady is very happy it's Friday. Been more than a long week. Between a pediatric code (all turned out well because our nurses ROCK! and please don't let that go further than here), long hours, and the PNW weather (read depressing) having returned I'm just done. Well, I will be after another 9 hour day on my feet. Can you feel the whine dripping off of this post?

Now, to make this a bit more fun and interactive, what are you guys doing this weekend?

I'll go first.... I might go to a local winery grape-stomp on Sunday? Maybe? But only after Bek and I develop Lesson #2 for the trip.

Last edited:
Between a pediatric code (all turned out well because our nurses ROCK! and please don't let that go further than here),

Does that mean what I think? As in he/she coded?
And... mum's the word. At least from me.

Well, I will be after another 9 hour day on my feet. Can you feel the whine dripping off of this post?

No. You do an incredible amount of work. Frankly I don't know how you do it all.

I might go to a local winery grape-stomp on Sunday? Maybe? But only after Bek and I develop Lesson #2 for the trip.

Wow! That sounds like so much fun! Wish I could do that. But... Ain't too many wineries around these parts.
Beer, yes. Wine? Not so much.

Now, to make this a bit more fun and interactive, what are you guys doing this weekend?

Well, Friday night I have to work. But Saturday... well, I have to work all day too. But then I get to go shopping and cook supper before doing absolutely nothing interesting whatsoever.

But! Sunday! Now Sunday!!.... I do the exact same thing as Saturday.

Well seeing you asked. This weekend is our holiday weekend with schools off on Friday and Monday. Peter is away with his school Saturday to Wednesday to the Isle of Raasay which is off the West Coast of Scotland. He will get to do lots of outdoor activities including sea kayaking, sailing, coasteering, abseiling and best of all jumping off a pier.

https://goo.gl/images/VhV3mS

Hannah is at Teen Ranch with the youth group from our church. We are staying in a nearby cottage. The logistics are never straight forward. We had booked the cottage from Friday but discovered recently that Peter wasn't leaving until early Saturday morning. I came up yesterday afternoon with Alfie. Alan drove up this morning after dropping Peter off at school at 07:30am. Anyway we have decided to have a lazy day around the cottage. Alan is having an afternoon nap.

Here is the view early this morning.

Alfie has made himself at home!

Hope your lesson planning went well and that you make your grape-stomp tomorrow. Sound fun - well the grape-stomp at least!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!