The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

This TR sure took a turn!!! :faint:

You guys took it as meaning the initial... encounter. 9 months of MAKING the baby can be rather tedious ;)
How about being a new parent and getting up at 4:00am???

No thanks, but did it 5 times and for 2 1/2 years with the last one.

Ah yes. I am familiar with that. Both as the sibling and as the parent of siblings.

One side of that pairing is more fun than the other.

I try not to think about it during the vacation. Which is why it often comes as a shock at the end of the vacation!

Precisely and accurately said!
ooohhhh... that was nicely said. ::yes::

Thanks. Once in a while I can still find my words.
I've seen it, but... nope. Never sat at the bar. I probably should. :)

It's a reasonably okay place to sit. Benches and places to sit are getting harder and harder to find.
I want one of those. I mean... perfectly retro.

Perfectly! :laughing:
I looked one up. It was going for $350!

I saw one on EBay for $650.
Like the Mickey head table posts.

I thought those were a nice touch too!
Hmmm... I know of what you speak, but our car wasn't leather. Vinyl, I think.

That'll do the trick as well... :scared:

See latest chapter. :)
I'm almost positive you haven't? At least it doesn't ring a bell. I'm gonna go with "nope", you didn't post about that.

Well, consider that fixed now.
Well, the quote is actually "Lay on MacDuff" as a prelude to a swordfight. But that wouldn't fit in this case. Lead on, does.

Ah, that makes sense. :)
Now it's your turn to explain why you posted this here?
Wait.... are you saying you'll lop my head off??????? :scared:
Just watch it, Buddy. ;)

Congrats on furthering your education! party:

Thanks, Vanessa!! It took me 4 solid months and now I am focusing on studying for and getting my peri-anesthesia nursing certification.
I haven't tried the Tune-Inn Lounge yet, but I have sat in the waiting area before while waiting to be called to sit for our dinner. To me it screams "The Brady Bunch".

Yes! It absolutely does. :) I sure loved that show and the simpler, "easier" era I grew up in.
I'm glad you picked this back up.
It's going to be slow slogging as I still work 5 days a week 10 hours a day most of the time. By the time the weekend is here, I just want to rest and sleep.

Just read your Droid Depot chapter. We had a big WDW trip with all the kids and now-son-in-law over last New Year's and they all made droids. Judy and I weren't with them when they made them but they couldn't wait to show us back at the suite. They LOVED them, and still love them nearly a year later. James took his to college, which we didn't think was a good idea but he did anyway, and it seems to be surviving.

EEK! I'd be nervous about taking it too. I can think of a million pranks other kids could play with the theft of it. But, yes, this is a thing I think a lot of older teens/young 20s would be more into than myself. Sure I liked it, and it was fun, but after it's all said and done, whatcha gonna DO with it? Not my decore style really. It'd have to be done very VERY carefully if it's going to find a place that works.
I didn't know about that serving tray thing you can buy as an accessory -- I might have to look into that!

I wished I'd thought of it when I was Christmas shopping a couple weeks ago. Shoot.
And you made me think -- stripped screws may be our saving grace when the "Singularity" comes and we're facing a robot apocalypse.
That is a very good point!! The things we contemplate when oppotunity arises. LOL!!

That’s when our server, whom I’m sure was confident was playing the part just fine, got a big too snarky for her britches. Instead, it came off as just snippy and rude.
I've heard great things about the fried chicken and my husband loves meatloaf. But the antics are too much of a turnoff for us to go there. Your experience reinforces our choice to avoid it. At least your kids had fun. ;)

I've heard great things about the fried chicken and my husband loves meatloaf. But the antics are too much of a turnoff for us to go there. Your experience reinforces our choice to avoid it. At least your kids had fun. ;)
I've heard the fried chicken at Home Comin' is far better anyway, and you can get that sans antics til your Southern hearts are content. ;)

The creating part, I've no doubt... it's the 9 months in the making part that can be.... tedious.
Okay...I stand corrected...I have no personal experience with the making part, so yes, the creating is the fun part.

I do once a week at well. Sucky
I've been doing it most of my adult life. Started in the military and now, it's good for beating rush hour. Go to bed early too, though.

Ain't that the truth! It's like a Visa at Christmas on steroids
And let's not talk about Disney Christmas visa bill...that's wandering towards national debt numbers.

A note to my friends here. Obviously I am hopelessly behind and can't possibly go back and read all I"ve missed. It's going to take a bit to find my way again around here. I will check my subbed threads and see if those are still active. If you've started something new, let me know. :) Gonna take a bit to get back into the swing of things. :)

After almost 2 years of planning, we made it to WDW! Our trip report is in my signature (well, days 1 and 2). Thanks for all your great advice! It really helped us navigate the parks, Covid and all!

Everyone loves a little light-hearted teasing,
No I don't! I'm insulted! I'm leaving!!!!

:rolleyes1
Our time travel to the 50’s however wasn’t as prime as I’d have liked or what I’ve experienced in the past.
Oh dear...
I mean it wasn’t horrible, but at times it felt like it crossed the line into the over-done-that-bordered-on-rude
That's not so cool.
And yet... it's a fine line, I suppose. I think some people can pull off good-natured joshing with ease, others try and it comes off as arrogant or rude.
If you’ll recall, Dear Reader, we last left off with a tired, rather cranky crew who needed some chill time.
::yes:
Prime Time with visions of crispy fried chicken dancing in my head. My mouth was already watering!
mmmm... mine is too, now.
The mid-century modern designs on the vintage formica tables gave rise to memories of the deli Grandma used to take me to in downtown Glendale, CA.
mmmm... deli....
I’ll never forget the cheese blintzes or mile-high pastrami sandwiches that were as big as my face.
Pastrami on rye! Oh, Lord... soooooo good.
If you have a hard time with overdone theatrics, uninvited attention, or interrupted meals, best to lurk in the anonymity of the nearby Sci-Fi Dine-in.
Yeah, you have to be in the mood for it. Always wonder what people think if they're not aware of the upcoming antics.
(is canned corn ever "seasonal"? :confused3 )
:laughing: It was canned in season, no?
Cousin Megan's Traditional Meatloaf,
Was thinking of trying that. Who doesn't love a good meatloaf? But...
our server, whom I’m sure was confident was playing the part just fine, got a big too snarky for her britches. Instead, it came off as just snippy and rude.
:( Not okay. Sorry about that.
Not only were the portions far less than I’d seen in years past, it was simply a bit bland… lackluster at best.
That's a shame. Eaten there a few times and always had good chicken.
The meatloaf was lacking in much real flavor at all.
...so I'll just stroke this one off my "need to try" list.
At the exact same moment, Cousin McSnottyPants poked her head around the corner and said, “BOO!!!!!” I literally screamed and can neither confirm nor deny I simultaneously peed my capris.
:lmao:
In summary, the food was okay, not great.
For the price they charge (and the reputation of the chicken there), "okay" is not really okay.

You guys took it as meaning the initial... encounter. 9 months of MAKING the baby can be rather tedious ;)
Well... our involvement in that is normally relegated to just running out to get pickles and ice cream.
No thanks, but did it 5 times and for 2 1/2 years with the last one.
I'm gonna say... that's enough!
One side of that pairing is more fun than the other.
::yes::
Thanks. Once in a while I can still find my words.
I'd say more often than once in a while.
It's a reasonably okay place to sit. Benches and places to sit are getting harder and harder to find.
Sure. Keep moving... keep spending...
I saw one on EBay for $650.
Yikes!
Well, consider that fixed now.
::yes::
And pretty sure that's news to me.
Just watch it, Buddy. ;)
:duck:

I am here! And starting to also get back into reading everyone's trip reports! I started our Decmeber 2019 trip report, and I just finished day 1, so not too far along if you want to jump over and follow along!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/jingle-bell-jingle-bam-a-christmas-2019-trip-report.3819388/

I started with letter D! And now I want to let the girls make droids! We haven't yet because they are just so big! (and $$$)

This may be one of the most over-looked little sit-down spots in Hollywood Studios
We have never been inside. I will have to remember for next time!

so was somewhat self-guilt tripped into ordering a little snicky-snack- Fried Boursin
Ha! But that sounds really good.

IMG_1740-L.jpg
Great photo!

seasonal vegetables- $24 (is canned corn ever "seasonal"
Ha! So true!

“BOO!!!!!” I literally screamed and can neither confirm nor deny I simultaneously peed my capris. While my heart recovered and my **Troponins began to elevate, my kids nearly killed themselves laughing.
Got to love your children's love for us!

Okay...I stand corrected...I have no personal experience with the making part, so yes, the creating is the fun part.

;)
I've been doing it most of my adult life. Started in the military and now, it's good for beating rush hour. Go to bed early too, though.

It IS good for rush hour for sure. That I'll give ya.
And let's not talk about Disney Christmas visa bill...that's wandering towards national debt numbers.

Huh, well there is that. Did you mean for a trip during Christmas? or the Chase Disney card that racked up all the Christmas charges?

After almost 2 years of planning, we made it to WDW! Our trip report is in my signature (well, days 1 and 2). Thanks for all your great advice! It really helped us navigate the parks, Covid and all!
That's WONDERFUL to hear!! I'm SO glad that some of the things I've written about have helped you! And I will SUPER try to get to your report very soon. I am going out of town for a long weekend away with my kids tomorrow-Sunday, but should be back in time Sunday to check it out. :) YAY!! :hug:

That's not so cool.
And yet... it's a fine line, I suppose. I think some people can pull off good-natured joshing with ease, others try and it comes off as arrogant or rude.

I think I was just in a bad mood so it was off-putting. Who knows.
Pastrami on rye! Oh, Lord... soooooo good.

YES!!
Yeah, you have to be in the mood for it. Always wonder what people think if they're not aware of the upcoming antics.

They give it bad reviews I suppose. LOL!
:laughing: It was canned in season, no?

:laughing: Touche!

Was thinking of trying that. Who doesn't love a good meatloaf? But...

Mine is SO much better.
That's a shame. Eaten there a few times and always had good chicken.

As have I. Not sure if maybe I was just in a mood. :(
For the price they charge (and the reputation of the chicken there), "okay" is not really okay.

Correct.
Well... our involvement in that is normally relegated to just running out to get pickles and ice cream.

Well, doing that in a Canadian winter can be rough work, no?
I'd say more often than once in a while.
Heh. :) Not sure where all of my readers are, but...

I am here! And starting to also get back into reading everyone's trip reports! I started our Decmeber 2019 trip report, and I just finished day 1, so not too far along if you want to jump over and follow along!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/jingle-bell-jingle-bam-a-christmas-2019-trip-report.3819388/

I started with letter D! And now I want to let the girls make droids! We haven't yet because they are just so big! (and $$$)

Oh, that's fantastic you are still here!! :hug: I think my absence has lost me 90% of my readers, but I feel I must press on. I will sure try to get to yours on Sunday when I get back from our long weekend away for our

We have never been inside. I will have to remember for next time!

As with all things Disney, it's worth checking out, if for the theming alone. :)

Great photo!

Thanks! I love how that one turned out! 100% NOT posed.
Got to love your children's love for us!

Heh, sometimes I do wonder... ;)

I think I was just in a bad mood so it was off-putting. Who knows.
Yeah, I can see that.
They give it bad reviews I suppose. LOL!
:laughing:
"The server was so rude! He told little Bobby to take his elbows off the table!"
Mine is SO much better.
Home made frequently is. Bet mine is better too... but I can't say for sure, not having had it.
As have I. Not sure if maybe I was just in a mood. :(
Your mood affects your taste buds?
Hmmm...
<Liesa is in the best mood of her life. Her favourite child just got married and she won the powerball... she is served cold lumpy porridge>
"OMG!!! This is the best thing I've ever eaten!!!!!!!"
Well, doing that in a Canadian winter can be rough work, no?
Oh yes. Thawing out the pickles and warming up the ice cream to an edible temperature is quite arduous.
Heh. :) Not sure where all of my readers are, but...
On holidays.

Huh, well there is that. Did you mean for a trip during Christmas? or the Chase Disney card that racked up all the Christmas charges?
I meant a Christmas vacation at Disney which would be double trouble....Disney prices AND gifts.

Hmmm...
<Liesa is in the best mood of her life. Her favourite child just got married and she won the powerball... she is served cold lumpy porridge>
Or the inverse.... @Steppesister has just dealt with the worst weather and roads in crapistan and is served steak and lobster and
<This stuff sucks!>

Home made frequently is. Bet mine is better too... but I can't say for sure, not having had it.

You're family sure is stingy!
Hmmm...

I've done that. Well, not the powerball part, but some of the best meals I've ever had have been in the "sanatoria" in the Stans. Hot porridge, with butter and sugar, boiled egg, and kompote (warm homemade juice with fruit chunks). I think situation has a lot to do with it.
Oh yes. Thawing out the pickles and warming up the ice cream to an edible temperature is quite arduous.

Well, someone's gotta do it!
I meant a Christmas vacation at Disney which would be double trouble....Disney prices AND gifts.
Ohhhh, derp!
Or the inverse.... @Steppesister has just dealt with the worst weather and roads in crapistan and is served steak and lobster and
<This stuff sucks!>
:laughing: But see ^^. This flip side has been very true too.

You're family sure is stingy!
Uhh... what? :confused3
I've done that. Well, not the powerball part, but some of the best meals I've ever had have been in the "sanatoria" in the Stans. Hot porridge, with butter and sugar, boiled egg, and kompote (warm homemade juice with fruit chunks). I think situation has a lot to do with it.
You said “hot” porridge. Doesn’t count.
Well, someone's gotta do it!
True!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter