The ABC's of a BSN Celebration! Trip Wrap up; Final Thoughts (7/11)

We walked through the Art of Animation food court last week and the food stations are all closed off to guests. You have to mobile order, but they do have CM's at the beverage dispensers to hand your drinks to you.

Some of my readers have been around for long enough to remember Mary Ellen, who went by MEK back in the day- a lovely and talented Nurse Practitioner that I’ve “known” since 2007 or so. I even met her in person last year just long enough for a quick hug in AK that I posted a photo of in my last TR:
Mary Ellen and her husband Denny were some of the first Dis-ers we met. My husband and I had breakfast with them at Whispering Canyon cafe and we happened to run into them at random places, like Old Key West and Beach Club marketplace on later trips. I haven't heard from her since she left the Dis. Tell her that Sue and Dana said hi. :)

Well...that should make the time go quickly until departure day! And your math makes perfect sense to me!! ;)
It really should! Work days exhaust me, but it's rewarding and time goes quickly. Suddenly, it'll go from, "Oh, I've got loads of time to pack!" to "OMG! I need to pack!!!"

Yay happy to read about your plans!
It sounds like a well deserved trip and I am glad you will have friends to spend time with!
I gave Back my vacation days for our January trip, 😔 More vacation for the future I guess
Someday we will room together!
I am too. I do enjoy my solo time, and will certainly have a good share of it, but it's always nice to have company too. Mary Ellen is just so sweet and fun!

I'm so sorry you had to forego your own more than well-deserved vacation, but yes, waiting for Andi is very nice of you and will be wonderful when it can happen!

As for rooming together... I definitely am looking forward to that. :hug:

We walked through the Art of Animation food court last week and the food stations are all closed off to guests. You have to mobile order, but they do have CM's at the beverage dispensers to hand your drinks to you.

I thought that might be the case. I have plans to pick up bakery items (Norway or from DTD- STILL gonna call it that. ;) ) and eat leftovers for brekkie if I need it. Normally I'm NOT into breakfast at all so the Food Court isn't that huge of a deal to me. I AM happy that the food will be abundant at FArts. :D

Mary Ellen and her husband Denny were some of the first Dis-ers we met. My husband and I had breakfast with them at Whispering Canyon cafe and we happened to run into them at random places, like Old Key West and Beach Club marketplace on later trips. I haven't heard from her since she left the Dis. Tell her that Sue and Dana said hi. :)

Awww, how fun!! That's awesome! I will tell them hi for sure! :goodvibes:

I went back and found the original telling of that tale which happened while in Disneyland visiting Alison and Fran ( @franandaj ). Here is what I wrote back then:
I remember the monkey... but had forgotten the rest.
Some of my readers have been around for long enough to remember Mary Ellen
:wave:
On a whim I called her up and she enthusiastically agreed to room with me;
Nice! Shared costs.
Also, it would get her the commission and save me about $100.
Even better! For both of you.
As long as it’s not in Little Mermaid of the Outermost Rim Section I’m happy.
Meh. If you get there and you're in Little Mermaid, ask them for something else. Bet they're not full these days.
Then again, do any of us actually sleep the night before a Disney trip, really?
Sorry... yes. I do.
It was a great and very productive trip! Got our shore excursions all picked out for September and nailed down our intinerary Huzzah!!
That's great!

And...

Hi @Malia78 ! :wave:

The downside is that instead of a designated Cars Suite, we went with the “Family Suite” option that won’t guarantee a Cars one, but will get us a suite that could be in any of the sections. As long as it’s not in Little Mermaid of the Outermost Rim Section I’m happy

The Little Mermaid rooms are not family suites...that is the only block of rooms that isn't so you will be fine.

Hi @Malia78 ! :wave:

Hi!! 😁

Hi Doc!! 😄

The Little Mermaid rooms are not family suites...that is the only block of rooms that isn't so you will be fine.
Correct. Didn't mean I had a chance, just more... I'd stay anywhere at AoA as long as it's not there. With a Suites rate, I'm glad I WON'T be there. Totally messed my wording up there and it wasn't clear. ;)

I remember the monkey... but had forgotten the rest.

It kinda was the coolest chandelier ever. Most unique chandelier however goes to Via Napoli. ;)
Nice! Shared costs.

:dancer:
Even better! For both of you.

:banana:

Meh. If you get there and you're in Little Mermaid, ask them for something else. Bet they're not full these days.
As Kari said, the LM section doesn't have any suites so I won't be in there. What I meant was that as long as I'm not back there, I'll be happy, and I won't be so I know I'll be happy with whatever room we get. :) Bad wording on that.
Sorry... yes. I do.
I envy you, but then again... are you excited about going when you do?

As Kari said, the LM section doesn't have any suites so I won't be in there. What I meant was that as long as I'm not back there, I'll be happy, and I won't be so I know I'll be happy with whatever room we get. :) Bad wording on that.
Understood.
I envy you, but then again... are you excited about going when you do?
Would I be going, if I wasn't?

I'm caught up and enjoying your report. It's always exciting to be planning a trip especially when you don't have that long of a wait. Danielle is thinking about getting the English certification too once she graduates in May. She wants to go to Korea. Where does your daughter want to teach?

I'm caught up and enjoying your report. It's always exciting to be planning a trip especially when you don't have that long of a wait. Danielle is thinking about getting the English certification too once she graduates in May. She wants to go to Korea. Where does your daughter want to teach?
Not much to it yet, and possibly only one more chapter or two. I got off early today and may type a little somethin' somethin' up.

How cool she is thinking of that too! It's such a great way for these kids to travel! Anara has her heart set on Cambodia and has watched some good videos on what life is like there for TOEFL teachers. :)

So excited to follow along! Congrats on the BSN! I know a lot of hard work goes into that degree (fellow nurse here)
OH WOW!!! A new reader!! How exciting and a nurse too! :welcome::welcome::welcome:

Yes, that BSN was tough work at my age and considering how much I work. UGH! What area do you work in ? (specialty, not state) So happy you're following along!

C is for: Condensed Compendium and Coursings of Color

Everyone loves a good recap, no? This seems like an appropriate place to stash a tidy little renumeration of the BFP- that’s Big Fat Plan, a term shamelessly borrowed from eandesmom from like… forever ago. Still relevant, still perfect. Okay, back to the BFP with a short summary for easy reference.

I’ll be flying in on Jan 31st after taking my chances at a hotel near the airport. Because who likes to wake up at 3:30 AM for a flight? You? No?

Thought so.

After a bit more sleep than I normally would get, which isn’t much to begin with, I’ll jet across the continent and land about 3:35. Give or take a minute or two. In a perfect world, I’ll start off my BSN Celebration Extravaganza by 6:30 with a Monorail Crawl, getting a little snicky-snack and drinky-poo at Cali Grill, The Tambu Lounge, the Enchanted Rose, and lastly Topolinos.

1st- EPCOT with dinner at Enzo’s Hideaway with Karilynn

2nd- DHS; Mary Ellen arrives

3rd- AK

4th- MK with dinner at Jaleo

5th- EPCOT with dinner at Via Napoli with this beauty:

6th- DHS with dinner at Jock’s; Mary Ellen leaves

7th- AK and Travel

With a smattering of possible hopping mixed in, I only have a few solid must-dos. Obviously, FArts will be going on and I have plans to lay waste to the Food Kiosks whenever I’m there. As with many of my trips in the past, I will also do some scavenger hunts and yes, there will be an ABC-themed one to aim for. I’m going to save that for the TR, however, will say that I am going to stick with the theme of:

BRIGHT and VIBRANT COLORS

for several fun things I have planned. So stay tuned for that!

New to me: Jaleo, Enchanted Rose, and Enzo’s Hideaway

Old Standby’s that never get old: Jock Lindsay’s, Art of Animation with the Skyliner, and Rice Cream (Oh God, please let there be fountains flowing with Rice Cream.)

Things that may very well suck: Masks and no smiling peoples, the weather that may be too chilly and not give me those Florida feels, mobile ordering headaches, masks and having to smell my own breath (note to self: pack more gum) instead of eggrolls and that smell in Pirates, my Disney Visa bill

Things I’m ridiculously excited about: Hanging around with the girls, Karilynn and Mary Ellen, the Art at the Festival, someone else cleaning my room and coming “home” to a made bed each evening

And now… early to bed. 53 hours of work makes Steppe a dull girl. I’m tired and crankier than usual but only have 16 days (with 13 work days) until I call it VACATION!

Last edited:
You are one lucky dude if you can sleep before vacation. ::yes::
I sleep all the time before going to Disney. What's your point? :duck:
Actually, even before, when I actually traveled, I did also.
Don't let @pkondz fool you...he doesn't sleep most of the time so sheer exhaustion and he passes out before vacation. :lmao:

Everyone loves a good recap, no?
Errrm...isn't a recap, by definition, supposed to be at the end?

I’ll be flying in on Jan 31st after taking my chances at a hotel near the airport. Because who likes to wake up at 3:30 AM
So it's new month's eve. I say close enough to be considered your new year.

Masks and no smiling peoples
Yep, that is a bummer.

the weather that may be too chilly
Yes...many a morning going to work has been much less than fun.

masks and having to smell my own breath (note to self: pack more gum)
That stinks!

I don't have an AP anymore, so I guess I won't be able to see you or @Malia78.
Don't sigh too big of a relief.
:sad:

I hope your trip is magical in new ways! I know tthatt Disney is not what we know and love but hopefully you will still make the trip magical! And can celebrate properly.

a term shamelessly borrowed from eandesmom from like… forever ago.
I used to follow her trip reports. This is another reminder of how many people have drifted away from the Dis forums. :(
Things I’m ridiculously excited about: Hanging around with the girls, Karilynn and Mary Ellen, the Art at the Festival, someone else cleaning my room and coming “home” to a made bed each evening
It will be almost like normal again. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter