The ABC's of a BSN Celebration! Trip Wrap up; Final Thoughts (7/11)

I am still in awe of you earning your BSN in four months, especially while working so much. You must run on adrenaline. :)

Good luck with the move to Bowling Green. I can understand your desire to get away from cloudy Oregon. We get cloudy, overcast skies during the winter here in the Midwest. we sometimes go weeks without seeing the sun. We just got back from a trip to WDW yesterday and it was great to see and feel the sun again. :)

I can't wait to hear all about your upcoming trip. :)

I am still in awe of you earning your BSN in four months, especially while working so much. You must run on adrenaline. :)

Aww, thanks, it was so good to be done after all that hard work! I will admit, it is easier with no little ones to cook or care for. I really don't have any committments outside of work and spent a LOT of time on weekends and evenings writing paper or studying for exams. The class I hated most was Informatics and Information Science- which must break Karilynn's lil' ol heart. :lmao:

Good luck with the move to Bowling Green. I can understand your desire to get away from cloudy Oregon. We get cloudy, overcast skies during the winter here in the Midwest. we sometimes go weeks without seeing the sun. We just got back from a trip to WDW yesterday and it was great to see and feel the sun again. :)

I still have months and months til that move, and this trip to WDW and Italy in between. Meantime, I need to de-clutter and slowly pack up the things I won't need or use in the meantime. Weeks without sunshine... oh dear. :scared:

But... you just got back?!!! Do tell all!! Any highlights or tips you'd like to share here?

I can't wait to hear all about your upcoming trip. :)

Stories, photos, and shenanigans coming up soon!

But... you just got back?!!! Do tell all!! Any highlights or tips you'd like to share here?
It was our second trip since the pandemic restrictions. The first trip was in October. I had trouble getting used to not seeing people's faces, especially the smiles when we went in October. But after months of wearing a mask whenever we go out, it seems natural to see everyone masked up. Mask compliance was great in the parks and at our resort. People were great about wearing them all the time, at least when we were there.

A lot of stuff is closed or not being done right now, which can get a little annoying. Mobile ordering is required at many of the food courts. They don't give out menus. You have to load them using those codes. Rides for lines are really long because of social distancing, but they move fast for the same reason. Cast members seem extra nice and friendly. We have enjoyed our trips very much, even with restrictions. I miss the fireworks and shows, though.

I have seen you on a few now and then though,
Usually it's more to keep connected for the TR that will hopefully follow.
But!... I'm typically more interested in what has happened vs what will happen.
This isn't technically a PTR as this portion will only have a few short chapters. Since it's so close to travel day being a last minute decision to go, there isn't time for a whole lotta writing.
::yes::
I've been called 4-eyes millions of times.
Have you really? I've worn glasses since the 5th grade and I'm not sure if I've ever been called 4 eyes. Odd.
Well, that's in the past now and time to look forward.
Definitely!
Nothing in life worth doing is easy they say.
I dunno about that.
What about just relaxing with a good book or movie? I'd say that's worth doing and easy. ;)
It is!! It'll be a big change, but one I'm ready for and looking forward to. My sister has taken the lion's share of keeping Mom and Dad company for far too long. Plus... sunshine!!!! WOOT!!
Sunshine is definitely "WOOT!!" worthy! :laughing:
It's actually the name OF the certificate/exam- Test of English as a Foreign Language. So you'd say, "I'm TOEFL Certifified."
Ah!
I see what you did there!(Yer fuhnee!)
Nah. Just being silly/weird... what else is new? :laughing:
I really hope that the border opens up soon. I know most Canadians are against that, but it really is sad and such a bummer. I wish you could go to Disney too, and hope that you'll get to travel again before too long.
I think it'll be a while yet... but hopefully sometime this year at least.
As opposed to those that live further downstream?
Yes. Those are weaker carp that can't fight the current closer to the dam and are less flavourful.

That almost sounded true!

Popping over from your last TR. took a Dis break from Thanksgiving until now so trying to catch up on old reports and starting to find the new ones to begin reading.
Congratulations on your BSN.
Glad you have trip to look forward to. I was there the week after Thanksgiving and had a great trip. Obviously, things are different but I think with adjusted expectations you will have a magical time .

It was our second trip since the pandemic restrictions. The first trip was in October. I had trouble getting used to not seeing people's faces, especially the smiles when we went in October. But after months of wearing a mask whenever we go out, it seems natural to see everyone masked up. Mask compliance was great in the parks and at our resort. People were great about wearing them all the time, at least when we were there.

I'm not sure I'll ever get used to it. It makes me so sad. :( But glad to hear that Disney and guests are doing what they can to make sure it stays open. :goodvibes: I don't have the cute fashionable ones that everyone else is wearing... why? I go to work, put on the procedure mask, wear it for 12 hours, go home, and put a fresh one on the next day at work again. LOL! I doubt any selfies will be happening... ;)

A lot of stuff is closed or not being done right now, which can get a little annoying. Mobile ordering is required at many of the food courts. They don't give out menus. You have to load them using those codes. Rides for lines are really long because of social distancing, but they move fast for the same reason. Cast members seem extra nice and friendly. We have enjoyed our trips very much, even with restrictions. I miss the fireworks and shows, though.

I've also heard that some of the mobile pick up times were hard to get if you waited too late in the day. Someone told me that they could only find a 2:45 p/u time for Flame Tree and weren't very happy about waiting that late for lunch. So I guess the advice was to order in the morning and choose the p/u time you wanted before they were all gone. I will miss the wandering music groups a LOT in AK and the acts in EPCOT. Such a bummer!!I I can live without the fireworks (don't get me wrong, I love them) but am sad about the extras gone like the Streetmosphere.

Dang. Between work and replying to the old TR, didn't even make page 1. :sad2:
Meh, work has made me miss MONTHS of TRs and staying caught up. Just a weird time in life right now and the DIS had to take a backseat. But... you ARE here and that's what counts. :) This TR I imagine will be slow moving, which isn't entirely a bad thing.

Usually it's more to keep connected for the TR that will hopefully follow.
But!... I'm typically more interested in what has happened vs what will happen.

Gotcha! I just like to get the housekeeping out of the way so that when I come back I can crank out the first chapter while it's still fresh.

Have you really? I've worn glasses since the 5th grade and I'm not sure if I've ever been called 4 eyes. Odd.

Yep, that and "Shrimp".

I dunno about that.
What about just relaxing with a good book or movie? I'd say that's worth doing and easy. ;)

Hmmm, you do have a good point. But doing those at Disney or on vacation (that's when I actually have time) makes for a very expensive (and therefore hard) thing of doing.
Sunshine is definitely "WOOT!!" worthy! :laughing:

::yes::
Nah. Just being silly/weird... what else is new? :laughing:

Silly is what makes these TRs more fun to read!
I think it'll be a while yet... but hopefully sometime this year at least.

We shall see...
Yes. Those are weaker carp that can't fight the current closer to the dam and are less flavourful.

That almost sounded true!

Well, yeah! That makes total sense. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Popping over from your last TR. took a Dis break from Thanksgiving until now so trying to catch up on old reports and starting to find the new ones to begin reading.
Congratulations on your BSN.
Glad you have trip to look forward to. I was there the week after Thanksgiving and had a great trip. Obviously, things are different but I think with adjusted expectations you will have a magical time .
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: How fun to have you here and joining along! :D

I took a break that was even longer. Life had changed in drastic ways and I had to focus on other things. And thanks!! It was awesome to be done and have that behind me!

I think most folks have been there already during the pandemic. I was holding out for a lot of reasons- the BSN and financial ones among them. It's been long enough that I'm just going to be happy walking around and taking in the music and scents, considering any rides I get on a bonus. :)

Reactions: DLo

B is for: Bound for Disney with Bold Plans!

As promised, here is the next installment along with your first Storytime with Steppe of the TR.

Remember I told you that the buttons Karilynn and I were wearing had a story? I went back and found the original telling of that tale which happened while in Disneyland visiting Alison and Fran ( @franandaj ). Here is what I wrote back then:

"But then a most hilarious thing happened. We stepped into the dump shop of Pirates and poked around. The lady asked me if she could help me, and I told her I was just looking for Hidden Mickeys and killing time. She said, “Well, there aren’t any HMs, but since this is a pirate store, we have a hidden monkey.” We set to work finding the monkey and in a couple of minutes I spied this very unique chandelier.

For our efforts and success she told us we get a prize. YAY US!! Normally, she informed us, they give out a sticker but were out, so she handed us these!

Ummm, ok. :eek::confused::rolleyes2:rolleyes2:lmao:

I’m sure we’d been mistaken for a couple already on this trip, but this was just too funny! We laughed for quite a long time over this one."

And there it is…

But back to the trip at hand!! While I will be sad to not see Caroline, I did find another roommate to share my Suite with! Some of my readers have been around for long enough to remember Mary Ellen, who went by MEK back in the day- a lovely and talented Nurse Practitioner that I’ve “known” since 2007 or so. I even met her in person last year just long enough for a quick hug in AK that I posted a photo of in my last TR:

Anyway, MEK has semi-retired from Nursing and became a TA recently. On a whim I called her up and she enthusiastically agreed to room with me; I am beyond excited to hang out with her. She’ll arrive late on the 2nd, so we’ll have from the 3rd-6th to tour around and laugh together. Now… logistics stuff:

I had already bought a room/ticket package. After we started talking and thinking things through, it became apparent that it was going to be better for several reasons for her to re-book us with a room only and for me to buy a separate park ticket. That way she could be on the room reservation right away and I wouldn’t have to add her as a day guest and leaving the loosey-goosey ME thing to worry less about. Also, it would get her the commission and save me about $100. The downside is that instead of a designated Cars Suite, we went with the “Family Suite” option that won’t guarantee a Cars one, but will get us a suite that could be in any of the sections. As long as it’s not in Little Mermaid of the Outermost Rim Section I’m happy.

So, this morning, I cancelled my Package, MEK got us a room only, I linked our new reservation, made sure my existing park reservations were still in place, gave MEK my flight info so she can get me my ME reservation, and Kari re-booked our Via Napoli since there was a chance I’d lose that too when I made the switch.

And now, a recap for those of you who I just pushed over the edge with a dizzying flurry of random information presented in a sloppy, haphazard fashion:

• Karilynn is staying with her folks in a DVC room, but will be touring with us as she can when she’s not hanging around with them. The plan is for her to join most dinners.

• MEK and I are sharing an AoA Suite, but which section we’ll get is not known or guaranteed. We’ve requested Cars and will hope for that.

• I’ve got a 7-day ticket starting on the 1st.

I fly out early enough on the 31st that I decided, on the wise advice of a friend, to book a hotel room the night before. After factoring in the parking I’d have spent at the Airport lot, I’d only be spending $80 or so more. I am confident it will be better than the Portland Airport Ramada Inn stay I had several years ago where it was so sketch I literally had to barricade the door to feel safe. It was the same place I saw someone breaking into a car as I pulled in. Anyway, after a leisurely Saturday of packing and getting my nails and lashes done, I’ll set off to get a (hopefully) better night’s sleep and get a fresh start Sunday morning. Then again, do any of us actually sleep the night before a Disney trip, really?

Know how I’m going to “save” money and justify the hotel cost? How much would I normally spend on breakfast and lunch if I were to buy it at the airport? Best guess is $25 or so. Instead, my plan is to pack some things and not buy anything but a latte. So now, my fuzzy Disney math tells me that for $55 I’m going to have at least 2 extra hours of “sleep” the morning I fly. Worth it!

I’ll leave off here for now, and may or may not depending on how the next week(s) of work go. With 20 days left before D-Day, I am working 18. 2 are Call days, and maybe with a stroke of luck I won’t get a callback, but…. My chances are probably better in buying Tesla stock. Which ain’t that great. All to say, this may be it before I go. Who knows anymore.

Hope your weekend’s been amazing!

Last edited:
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

It's so great to have you here, Terri!! Yes, I am going with a couple of DIS Ladies in just 3 weeks and so excited! I so badly need a vacation after months and months of working so much. I am actually up at Karilynn's right now and we've been doing oodles of planning for FArts AND the other places and parks we'll go.
Oh, have fun with Karilynn this weekend! She seems like such a fun person. Tell her I said Hi! :banana:

I’ll leave off here for now, and may or may not depending on how the next week(s) of work go. With 20 days left before D-Day, I am working 18.
Well...that should make the time go quickly until departure day! And your math makes perfect sense to me!! ;)

Yay happy to read about your plans!
It sounds like a well deserved trip and I am glad you will have friends to spend time with!
I gave Back my vacation days for our January trip, 😔 More vacation for the future I guess
Someday we will room together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!