The ABC's of a BSN Celebration! Trip Wrap up; Final Thoughts (7/11)

So, when a fairly large 5th wheel became advertised by a couple who bought a home nearby for a VERY affordable price that I could pay in cash, I snatched it up. Yep, I’m the proud new owner of a 36-ft. Carri Lite that will be moved to “dry storage” until I quit my job here and re-settle.
Cool, but so many questions...

You're going to buy a truck big enough to pull it? Start saving now...they ain't cheap.

You're moving to AZ? I thought you were moving to KY.

What happened to FL? Thought eventually, you were planning to move here.

Is this just for traveling nursing? Are you planning on doing that while with your folks or later.

Be interested in what you got it for, but you may not want to say.

Congrats.

I remember when I found out. I was shocked! I was sure that whoever told me had made a mistake.

That actually may have been me. I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in one of my past TRs. ;)
True. I wonder how many groups are left at that time, though.

Hmm, that's a really good question! I have no idea!
I'd love to stay at all of the Boardwalk resorts some day. But... probably never will. You never know, though!

I sure hope you get to!!!
45 isn't too bad for that ride.
I'd love to do it again. I've only done it once and that as an engineer. So I feel like I've actually never really "done" it.

There's so much to see in the queue too- not a bad line to stand in!

And no, anything but pilot is pretty darned boring.
Right???
"Hi! Welcome to the wave. I'm your hostess, how can I help you?"
"We'd like to have some drinks and a snack in the lounge."
"Oh, I'm sorry. I don't think we serve drinks or have food here."

LOL!!
That sounds really nice. Kind of like a Disney mentality community.
Everyone is so friendly. My friend/contact there has already so a lot to help me out- things I'm going to have to learn!

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. Your parents will move out of your house and you'll get a roommate?
No, I thought you were talking about my RV. LOL!! My parents and I will live together in the house in BG and I will occasionally travel doing travel nursing to Tuscon using my RV.

Yay! Baby steps. Made it through the "B" update. Good idea having MEK rebook and getting those discounts and commission.

Hopefully once I catch up, I can multi-quote a little more, and read some of the banter.
Look at you go!!!!

:moped:

I was happy I could help her out that way, and in the end, I still got exactly what I wanted. :D

I hope so too, but know how scarce time can be these days. :hug:

Hey I'm on a roll! Update C and the BFP! Sounds like you have a lot of nice restaurants in there. I'll be interested hearing about how things work there now.

I like mobile ordering, is that the only way that the QS places work now? Do they have menus at the TS places or is that mobile ordering too?
:rotfl: Like this?

We ate at some incredibly yummy places this trip!! Excited to share about them!!

Yes, it's how they all work with a few exceptions. And it's really a pretty good solution.

No, you use QS codes with your phone unless you ask for paper. But, you CAN order AT the restaurant for sure. However, we also saw lots of folks doing mobile ordering for take-away too. Was interesting!

There's so much to see in the queue too- not a bad line to stand in!
::yes::
Taken a few pics there.
And no, anything but pilot is pretty darned boring.
I wouldn't know!
Everyone is so friendly. My friend/contact there has already so a lot to help me out- things I'm going to have to learn!
:) Glad to hear it.
No, I thought you were talking about my RV. LOL!! My parents and I will live together in the house in BG and I will occasionally travel doing travel nursing to Tuscon using my RV.
We're on the same page now. :)

I know I'm almost never on the DIS anymore, but I just wanted to pop in here and say that I've been enjoying reading about your latest trip to WDW. Seeing your Toy Story Land photos and imagining an early morning walk to Epcot from the Beach Club brightened my morning. :goodvibes
Wow! You have been missed! I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you are faring "over there". I hope all is well in your world and the kiddos are a-ok!

I'm happy to be back and Trip Reporting again too. Been a long time with no trip planned and boom! All of a sudden, one just... happened!

Cool, but so many questions...

You're going to buy a truck big enough to pull it? Start saving now...they ain't cheap.

You're moving to AZ? I thought you were moving to KY.

What happened to FL? Thought eventually, you were planning to move here.

Is this just for traveling nursing? Are you planning on doing that while with your folks or later.

Be interested in what you got it for, but you may not want to say.

Congrats.
No, no truck for now. It'll be a stationary rig in the park I've already come to love. It's a really nice homebase with a pool and tons of activities in a perfect location. There are loads of full-timers there who love to pull and park rv's for others and I will rely on them to help me out. :)

No, I"m not "moving" there. My homebase will still be in KY with my folks and I am still buying half ownership of that house. Just want a place to snowbird and do some travel nursing when I need a change of scenery.

Florida may be off in the future but not now except to visit. Who knows.... maybe a travel nursing job now and then would be out there someday.

I is for: I’m Finally Home

Everyone has a place that brings rest- Rest to the heart; Joy to the Soul; and Peace to the mind. For a while now, Animal Kingdom has been that haven of beauty and tranquility for me. When I step inside, the hectic world of work and life, and the cares and worries of the world seem to melt away and I’m happy just walking around taking in all there is to see and do in that oasis. The music, whether it be the exotic sounds of Asian influence, the upbeat happy sounds of an African cadence, or the wild and other-worldly sounds of Pandora, I am transported to a place where my imagination can run wild. The aesthetics of the landscaping, color palettes, and understated architecture provide the ultimate backdrop for the animals, who are, of course, the entire point of the park. They too bring a sense of wild, curiosity, amusement, awe, and calm. In short, when I step into that world, I am as close to Heaven as I might ever be on this Earth.

(Perhaps one of my favorites from this day of photos.)

It wasn’t always that way at AK. The first time I ever went in 2000, it sucked. I vividly remember going there with the kids who were 9, 7, and 4 at the time and we basically walked around aimlessly for a couple of hours, ate an eggroll, watched the monkeys, and promptly left. Admittedly, I hadn’t done my research about what there was to do there, but I also remember thinking that it was very sparse, there legit wasn’t a lot to do, and it was cold. Having been 3 times now in winter, I am now MUCH more prepared, as each time it’s been uncomfortably chilly. But, AK has grown up over the years and is now a lot closer, I think, to what the Imagineers had envisioned it to someday be. Let me share my love of this spectacular place with a walk around a small area of it. Over the course of this last trip I spent a LOT of time at AK, so I’m going to spread a little AK love over several chapters interspersed throughout this TR. Today, I’ll focus on Pandora mostly.

By the time we headed to AK for the first time this trip, Mary Ellen had joined us. (Feb 3) It was another crisp, cold day and I borrowed some of her mittens for the day. (I can't remember why I borrowed hers- might have been because Mik was wearing mine, or I'd lost mine already. :rolleyes: ) Being a planner, I also prepared for the cold by bringing along some handwarmers to shove in my pockets. Best move EVER! Coat, scarf, hat…. I had it all. We’d gotten up at 6:30 and were on a bus by 7:15. At 7:40 we tapped in (no finger scans right now) and were cruising our way over to FOP. As hoped, it was a walk-on, but unfortunately, that also meant horrible photos. Photography CAN be done as point and shoot quickies, but usually not well, or even good.

(More of that glorious early morning light...)

While our day in general had no concrete plan or goal, standing in a long line for FOP was not one of them so, as with most park openings, we did a fastwalk through Discovery Island and on into Pandora. However, it was not fast enough that I could not pause to appreciate the incredible lighting on the Tree of Life in that lovely Golden Hour. Not an excellent photo by any stretch, but it does kinda show the morning light coming into the park. To me it was a brilliant message and symbol of a brand new day with endless and bright possibilites!!!

To be quite honest, I wished I’d gotten to spend more time in the “Research Room” in the queue as this was my first time ever for going through the Stand-by queue. I’m sure there are TONS of hidden gems in there just waiting to be discovered. One that I did find was a book by Jane Goodall. I would hope that would go without the need of any explanation. In short, she was relied on heavily in the design and expert input for the park itself. I would be shocked if there wasn’t at least one Hidden Mickey in there. But the line was clipping right along and it was tough to stop even for a second.

The ride was exhilarating as it always is, and I giggled and whooped while astride my Ikran. Now…. I think I made an astonishing discovery and I am probably the only person that may think this, but here it goes: The sparkly underground cave scene with the glowing shrooms and Woodsprites? They pipe in a scent during that segment. And I am 100% positive that it’s the Disney shampoo scent. For reals. Next time you are on it, take a sniff and see if I’m wrong. I use that shampoo at home when I strip off my Stingy Disney Shampoo Pants and it INSTANTLY came to mind all 3 times I rode it this trip.

Skirting the $hit$hop, I somehow became separated from MEK and Mik. I found myself at the Navi River Journey (NRJ) and became immersed in an altogether ethereal place, transcendent of anything remotely Earthly- take me away, Mauvi! (See previous TR for a narrative by Mauvi the Navi.) I had the entire wicker boat all to my little ol’ self and LOVED IT!!! I could take all the noisy photos I wanted sliding from side to side of the boat ad lib trying my best to capture what I could in a dark, moving place. It’s not easy and sadly, this time around I’d put my long lens on for the Safari rather than my fast lens for dark rides. Sure, I could have brought both, but sorry, hands in pockets were more important than hands carrying camera bags. So, you get what you get with a long lens. Meh.

(Here Kitty, Kitty!)

Aptly engaged by mythical creatures of alien origin, I trotted out to use my all-time favorite Disney bathroom:

Call me silly, but I’m kind of enamored by the Disney-real lichens and colors here. It’s never crowded either which also makes my heart go pitter pat (and also lends itself to getting done what needs to get done in there. Which ain’t always easy after a few days on a Disney Diet.)

****Story Time with Steppe: Speaking of cold hands, it was at that point, when we'd met back up, I had to make a confession to MEK. I left her mittens on FOP. (I hadn't discovered it until I was well off the ride and past Satuli.) Sigh... my silly forgetful brain. She said not to worry about them as they were from the Dollar Store, but I thought we should at least try to see if they'd found them on the ride. I was COLD!! We quickly went back to the ride and asked and within minutes, after explaining which ride level we'd been on, my hands were once more toasty inside MEK's purple and red mittens. ****

After a text or two, and after they’d ridden NRJ as well, we met up, and from there we needed to eat a bite of brekkie and take our Safari, but that’s for another day. Instead, I want to keep to the theme of "calming and beautiful" rather than "wild and exciting". At some point, whether it was this day or another on the trip, we found ourselves in the Aviary of the Maharaja Trail. I invariably spend inordinate amounts of time gazing at the birds there, but I never seem to get crisp shots of these feathered friends. Still, they provide a lot of entertainment for me and, as usual, I enjoyed what time I did get very much.

(Nicobar Pigeon)

(Green Winged Dove with an artsy-fartsy flair)

(Hooded Pitta)

(Crested Wood Partridge)

(Alfred the Great Argus Pheasant posing)

(Alfred, the Great Argus Pheasant)

I hope you enjoyed the little walk of a small portion of a place with so much variety as much as I did today!

Take care, Friends and until next time... Sivako!!!

Last edited:

This is gorgeous!! I can see why it's one of your favorites. Simply beautiful!

To be quite honest, I wished I’d gotten to spend more time in the “Research Room” in the queue as this was my first time ever for going through the Stand-by queue. I’m sure there are TONS of hidden gems in there just waiting to be discovered.
Oh, I totally agree!!!! When we went in July, that was my first walk through the queue, as well, and we zipped through so quickly that I didn't feel like I got to fully appreciate it all!

This is gorgeous!! I can see why it's one of your favorites. Simply beautiful!

Oh, I totally agree!!!! When we went in July, that was my first walk through the queue, as well, and we zipped through so quickly that I didn't feel like I got to fully appreciate it all!

Thank you! I just had so much fun with the lighting this day!

I wish that portion didn't seem like a breeze through. It was like that both times through, and I DO have a few better photos I'll share in another post. But it was still too little time. :(

Sivako to you my friend!
I love AK, it does the same for me, brings so much peace and joy!
I think you might be on to something with the scent in FoP, it maybe the shampoo scent!
Birds freak me out sometimes but I still love to walk along and get fairly close to them (well maybe not to close) at AK.
I love your pictures and glad you found the mittens and brought the hand warmers!

Wow! You have been missed! I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you are faring "over there". I hope all is well in your world and the kiddos are a-ok!

I feel like I'm in a different world over here! England entered a third national lockdown in January, and they are going to start easing restrictions in mid-March. Shops and such should hopefully reopen in mid-April. If this means I never have to buy kid shoes online again, I'll be all too happy. :rotfl:

However, I can't complain too much because I do have it better than the nationals. My kids attend an American school which has only switched to virtual for two weeks. So the kids are still going to school everyday, playing and seeing their friends, and I get to chat with fellow parents at drop-off/pick-up. The teachers were all able to be vaccinated if they wanted, so I am extremely confident the kids won't have to go virtual again.
Now, my family and I are just waiting for the day we're allowed to leave and for loved ones to come and see us. Hopefully it'll happen before we move!

Everyone has a place that brings rest- Rest to the heart; Joy to the Soul; and Peace to the mind. For a while now, Animal Kingdom has been that haven of beauty and tranquility for me. When I step inside, the hectic world of work and life, and the cares and worries of the world seem to melt away and I’m happy just walking around taking in all there is to see and do in that oasis.

I agree 100%. DAK is one of the best places around.
(Hold on a sec...lemme go put on the Oasis loop music while I read. The perfect background sounds.)

I also prepared for the cold by bringing along some handwarmers to shove in my pockets.

Good tip!

And I am 100% positive that it’s the Disney shampoo scent. For reals. Next time you are on it, take a sniff and see if I’m wrong.

Interesting. Wouldn't surprise me in the least, though.

after explaining which ride level we'd been on, my hands were once more toasty inside MEK's purple and red mittens.

Great to hear they recovered the mittens!

I hope you enjoyed the little walk of a small portion of a place with so much variety as much as I did today!

I did. ::yes:: And am already looking forward to the other DAK chapters.

Plodding along....I'm up to multi-quoting now....

My laminated note cards, schedules, budget, shopping lists, etc... are all done up and ready to go.

Those look pretty darned organized to me!

Because, the doldrums of Covid didn't affect the Planner Portion of my brain. Planners gotta plan, Man.

At this point the only thing I can plan is dinner. I have nightly plans for about three weeks, and then I have suggestions for the next revision written in the margin. Of course things change (like last night) and then I end up shifting things all around, circling one dinner and moving it with arrows to another night. After about a week it looks like a game of chutes and ladders and I end up rewriting it again.

(((((Sigh)))))

Someday....

Speaking of planning, I wish it'd hurry up and be 10 days out so I can see the weather forecast.

I don't even watch the 7 day forecast on the news anymore, since I know that I'm not going to be doing anything different on any given day.

But, it's Reader's Choice... Quiche (packs and travels nicely but might make the other passengers think I've farted. But they should have their masks on, right?) or a Salad and pita chips with hummus (I'll starve but want to be hungry anyway for my Monocrawl Gorgefest). Thoughts?

I know it's already happened, but my choice is Roast beef and cheddar sandwiches with chips. I don't do well with bag lunches, but that's one I can eat on the go.

I still need to find the model Falcon. Kari found it and got a photo in the past, I'm not sure where to even look.
She showed it to me.
If we're ever there at the same time, I can show it to you.
But I suspect you'll be traveling with her again before that might happen.
Everyone has a place that brings rest- Rest to the heart; Joy to the Soul; and Peace to the mind.
Yes. My bed.
For a while now, Animal Kingdom has been that haven of beauty and tranquility for me. When I step inside, the hectic world of work and life, and the cares and worries of the world seem to melt away and I’m happy just walking around taking in all there is to see and do in that oasis. The music, whether it be the exotic sounds of Asian influence, the upbeat happy sounds of an African cadence, or the wild and other-worldly sounds of Pandora, I am transported to a place where my imagination can run wild.
Very nicely said. :worship:
In short, when I step into that world, I am as close to Heaven as I might ever be on this Earth.
:goodvibes
I can see why! Very nice. Love the sun's rays coming through the tree.
It wasn’t always that way at AK. The first time I ever went in 2000, it sucked.
Oh!
Then again... it was only open for 2 years at that point.
But, AK has grown up over the years and is now a lot closer, I think, to what the Imagineers had envisioned it to someday be.
::yes::
I borrowed some of her mittens for the day. (I can't remember why I borrowed hers- might have been because Mik was wearing mine, or I'd lost mine already. :rolleyes: )
I'm sure it was the latter. Sure of it.

:rolleyes:
Being a planner, I also prepared for the cold by bringing along some handwarmers to shove in my pockets. Best move EVER!
Ah!
I've never used them, but... can certainly see the attraction.
Photography CAN be done as point and shoot quickies, but usually not well, or even good.
Usually not.
I could not pause to appreciate the incredible lighting on the Tree of Life in that lovely Golden Hour.
Love the Golden Hour. Should use it more often.
IMG_4180-L.jpg
Gorgeous colour. :)
One that I did find was a book by Jane Goodall. I would hope that would go without the need of any explanation.
Of course not. But love that it was there.
The ride was exhilarating as it always is, and I giggled and whooped while astride my Ikran.
:laughing:
Now…. I think I made an astonishing discovery and I am probably the only person that may think this, but here it goes: The sparkly underground cave scene with the glowing shrooms and Woodsprites? They pipe in a scent during that segment. And I am 100% positive that it’s the Disney shampoo scent. For reals.
Really!
I have a lousy sense of smell, so it would be lost on me, but... really!
Skirting the $hit$hop,
:rolleyes1
I had the entire wicker boat all to my little ol’ self and LOVED IT!!!
:laughing: I bet! You could hoot and holler all you want.
I could take all the noisy photos I wanted sliding from side to side of the boat
I can just see you doing that, too. :)
I trotted out to use my all-time favorite Disney bathroom:
You... have... a favourite bathroom...

:faint:
I had to make a confession to MEK. I left her mittens on FOP.
No. You didn't.
Then again... of course you did!
We quickly went back to the ride and asked and within minutes, after explaining which ride level we'd been on, my hands were once more toasty inside MEK's purple and red mittens. ****
I'm surprised she let you wear them again. ;)
Pretty shot!
(Green Winged Dove with an artsy-fartsy flair)
:) Nice artsy-fartsy shot.

Sivako to you my friend!

:goodvibes:
I love AK, it does the same for me, brings so much peace and joy!

I often put on the music loops to relax to in the evenins. I especially love the Nomad Lounge one.

I think you might be on to something with the scent in FoP, it maybe the shampoo scent!

Check it out when you ride it next time!

Birds freak me out sometimes but I still love to walk along and get fairly close to them (well maybe not to close) at AK.

These birds are pretty tame and mostly stay on the ground and peck around. LOL!!

I love your pictures and glad you found the mittens and brought the hand warmers!

Me too!!! I was so embarassed I"d lost someone's else's stuff. I mean... I'm used to losing my own stuff! LOL!

My spreadsheet-loving heart loves these!

I mean how will I put each day's outfit in its own special baggie like some OCD freakish Planny McPlannyPants? Sure makes it easy though when everything down to the undies and jewelry is all neatly tucked away for easy grab and go.

I don't do every outfit this way, but I love having certain outfits fully picked out with all accessories tucked into a Ziplock baggie (I did this with my May 4th outfit, my Highway in the Sky outfit, etc). It makes it so much easier to just grab and go without much thought in the mornings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter