The 999'th Haunt stole my bra Completed 7-20, Final thoughts added 8-20

Joining in! Loving your TR so far, and I'm glad I got here before the big title reveal! :-)
:welcome:@buzzrelly happy your here.

Awww I'm sorry to hear the room ended up not being optimal. But I guess that's the cons of being close to the lobby and the boat launch, people are always going to be walking by or at least nearby.
it really wasn't an issue since we only going to here 2 nt.

I had a friend who went to Disneyworld for his daughter's cheerleading competition last year. They didn't get a single Fastpass! I tried to explain the whole system to them beforehand, but they just didn't get it (and they are Disneyland vets, just didn't figure out the digital FP system). They ended up only going on a few rides the entire time. I guess the kids had fun playing with their friends, but the dad (my friend) was a little bit frustrated!
double-facepalm.gif

:goodvibes Hopefully, she was able to carry your kindness through the rest of her shift.
Spoiler Alert we ran into her later and she was still bright and cheery.

Nice! Left you feeling young! Wonderful!
:lmao:

What is that?
from Wiki Master Gardener programs (also known as Extension Master Gardener Programs) are volunteer programs that train individuals in the science and art of gardening. These individuals pass on the information they learned during their training, as volunteers who advise and educate the public on gardening and horticulture.

Hmmm... was that annoying? Or fun?
They were laughing a lot and I love hearing kids laugh so I didn't mind it and neither did Mark but I think the guy on the other side wasn't happy.

Me too! Four times.
gorgeous isn't it

Mostly. This from wiki:
Thanks I had no idea I always appreciate learning something new

from Wiki Master Gardener programs (also known as Extension Master Gardener Programs) are volunteer programs that train individuals in the science and art of gardening. These individuals pass on the information they learned during their training, as volunteers who advise and educate the public on gardening and horticulture.

Interesting. Did you go somewhere? (Local school, community college.....)

They were laughing a lot and I love hearing kids laugh so I didn't mind it and neither did Mark but I think the guy on the other side wasn't happy.

:laughing: Oh well!

gorgeous isn't it

::yes:: But the last time I went was a couple years ago and..... wow. Things have really changed.

Thanks I had no idea I always appreciate learning something new

You're welcome!

Finally caught up, after my trip report, Christmas and attempting to plan my Disneyland Paris trip (no online touring plans you kind of just have to wing it :scared:) I had time to read your TR. I really enjoyed DLP (defiantly improvements since my last visit) but I've been missing WDW and your trip report is helping to fill that void. :earsboy:

UGH!!! That is a shame about your room location. You can experience noise anywhere, but being in a corner room near the food court/lobby certainly increases that possibility.

Glad to hear you had a nice interaction with Daisy's handler. It is amazing how a little bit of courtesy and respect can make a big impact.

It can be difficult to know when to give advice to families who are new to Disney- you want to help them enjoy their visit but the info can be so overwhelming!

:confused3

Back from real life for a quick update. Sorry for the delay.

Sunday Dec 3'rd Epcot continued

The No Way Jose

After leaving Soarin we proceeded to the International gateway and I saw a huge cooler full of ice and bottles of water and had to stop to get one they looked so refreshing and cold. While Mark was paying for the water I made a throw away FP for Pixar shorts so that I could book a fourth FP for TT later. We were headed to Beach Club resort for some lunch at Beaches and Cream. We wanted to hit up Beaches and Cream our last visit but just didn’t have time. This time it took me forever to get an ADR to open up for us on this day, but it finally appeared and a I grabbed it as soon as I could. We arrived about 15 minutes early for our ressy so we went to the lobby to check out the awesome Chocolate Carousel. Dang did that lobby smell good…..just like delectable chocolate. Just what I would imagine Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory to smell like.

IMG_20171203_132912433 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171203_133044482 - Copy.jpg

Had to get pictures of the pretty Christmas décor.
IMG_20171203_132948099 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20171203_132828579 - Copy.jpg

We arrived at the hostess stand with about 5 minutes left for our ressy. They gave us a pager and we went next door to the arcade (air conditioning) to sit and wait about 10 minutes until they called us.

I think this may have been one of my favorite wreaths in all of the world during our visit.
IMG_20171203_135737036 - Copy.jpg

We split a Cheesburger and onion rings, cause who are we kidding we were really there for the sundaes.
IMG_20171203_140607269 - Copy.jpg

Mark had his No Way Jose Sundae and a I got the brownie sundae with a substitution of Cookies and cream ice cream instead of the vanilla. These sundaes did not disappoint and of course we couldn’t finish either one. We probably should have split them but I was just being to greedy.

IMG_20171203_142517737 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20171203_142551419 - Copy.jpg
Several Kitchen sinks were served while were there and I’m not sure how the party of 3 (2 adults and little girl) were able to almost demolish theirs, they must have been famished.

IMG_20171203_141505672 - Copy.jpg
That family at the end table on the far left are the ones patiently waiting for their kitchen sink.

Sometime during our lunch I was able to get a 4 ‘th FP for TT. Yay, Mark had not tried this ride because he was afraid he would get motion sick but after talking to one of his new friends the night before at Morimoto’s he was convinced he would be fine. Nah the wife’s opinion and telling him he could do it doesn’t work but as soon as someone else says he could do it he was on board. Silly husband.

After we paid the bill we walked over to Dee's @natebenma favorite resort Yacht Club to check out their Christmas decorations.

At my picture limit and it's 3:45am the Dis is going down for maintenance so this is where I'll call it quits tonight.

Last edited:
That is a great wreath at Beaches & Cream!

My longtime secret was that after 6 years of managing the Y&BC resort thread, I had never dined at Beaches & Cream. My husband and I finally ate there in October 2016, but our meals were disappointing. We made poor choices for entrees (no burgers) and our service was so poor that we didn't bother to stick around for ice cream!

I enjoyed seeing my favorite resorts in their holiday finest through your eyes/lens.

:thumbsup2

Super Day-Super Moon Fri Dec 1’st

For most of our trip I did not plan early mornings and we were free to wake whenever. This morning we woke around 8am to beautiful sunshine and great temps again in the mid 80’s for a high.

While Mark was in the bathroom this morning I hung up the cheap stockings I bought from Goodwill last January for 70 cents. A little Christmas décor for the holiday. We hope our next visit to Disney will be in December again and we want to bring battery powered Christmas lights to hang on our balcony. Later in the trip you'll see our make shift Christmas lights.
View attachment 289837

Today I had originally planned to go to the Character Warehouse at the outlet mall followed by DHS and a 3:45pm ressy at 50’s Primetime Diner (my mouth was watering for their Fired Chicken, after reading many of your TR’s). After our finances for the trip had changed I didn’t think we really had to have anything from the Character warehouse. Tomorrow we were going to be leaving the Disney bubble to meet family over on the coast and I wasn’t sure how much time we would be able to spend at Epcot plus Saturday crowd calendar wasn’t looking good. So I made an executive decision a few days out to start our Friday at Epcot followed by DHS.

FP’s for the day were

5:40-6:40 TSM

5:55-6:55 Star Tours

6:50-7:50 TOT

6:55-7:55 RR

Plus we wanted to see the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam at 8pm.

After deliberating where we wanted to park we eventually decided to park at DHS and take a Friendship boat to Epcot for the first part of day and then boat back to DHS for our evening plans. This way we only had to park the car once. This worked very well for us and we were able to experience the Friendship boats for the first time.

After a quick stop for breakfast sandwiches at McDonalds near our condo we arrived at DHS parking lot about 10:30am. At the parking booth we were given some Daisey stickers. Eek I was excited, in my travels to Disney I had never met Daisey and she is tied with Minnie as being one of my fave characters. One of my goals this trip was to meet Miss Sassy (no) pants herself. It’s the little things.

It seemed like we drove forever from the booth to our parking spot. Once parked we had to wait for a second tram which was right behind the first. This split up the large family in front of us with 6 adults and many children. I’m assuming they were from out of the country. Each family had an unopened box with a stroller in it. This puzzled me as I couldn’t understand why they would be hauling these into the park like that. To my amazement once on the tram the family of 4 sitting in front of us opened up their box and proceeded to put the stroller together. I’ll be danged if they didn’t have it put together well before we stopped and disembarked. Here is the stroller put together. Notice his cool shirt, I'm not a Star Wars fan but this was a cool shirt.

View attachment 289838

Once at the front of the park we walked over to the boat launch and I of course had to take pictures of all of the construction for the new Gondola transport there (not boring you with those pics). The boat came quickly maybe 3-5 minutes and we enjoyed our nice leisurely 25 min ride to Epcot. Glad I got to experience this but very happy for Mark to see the resorts along the way. I’m hoping to stay Beach Club on our next visit while Mark was more enamored with the Yacht club. I’m looking at you Dee @natebenma . Boardwalk has just never appealed to me but I had to chuckle when Mark said to me “I don’t think I would ever want to stay here”, he had no idea of my thoughts on it. Great minds think alike.

We eventually made it to Epcot and the IG. I was surprised we had to go through metal detectors since we were bagless and we didn’t have to at AK. I know it can be time consuming but they should make you go through metal detectors at all of the parks. Not sure why you don’t at AK.

1’st stop was for PP and from this point on in the trip I get to share the better ones with you
View attachment 289840

and some of the not so good ones. AKWARD!!!!

View attachment 289841

We decide to head to Canada to try the Seared Salmon with Crown Royal® Whisky Glaze, Parsnip Silk, Apple Chutney and Hazelnut Croquant and then to back track back to France and tour the WS counterclockwise. In UK we had to stop for Mark and door pictures. I use to have the phone number to one of these booths and we use to enjoy standing nearby and calling the number and talking to the person who answered. But alas they have disconnected the phones.

View attachment 289842

Once down to Canada we discovered that the Festival of the Holiday food booths didn't open until noon and it was only 11:30am. So we decide to start walking towards Mexico and our beloved La Cava de Tequila and then we could hit up the booths after. We discovered a PP at the Epcot Christmas tree and got some great shots.
View attachment 289843

Really I'm not groping him. LOL

View attachment 289844

Mark is such a goof ball when he saw the lil girl in front of us pose for a Magic Shot and I told him it was Tinkerbell he had to have one. He's so cute. Phil was the PP and he spent a lot of time posing us, he's wedding photographer. If you ever see Phil taking photo's at Epcot line up for him you won't regret it.

View attachment 289845

On our way we ran into one of Marks favorite characters so had to get a few PP.

View attachment 289847
View attachment 289846
Stay tuned to see where the rest of the day takes us and if we ever make it to La Cava de Tequila.

I am loving your report! I am headed to Disney in two weeks. We really wanted to stay at the Beach club but couldn't get a room. We decided on the Boardwalk becasue of the location. I am so worried! The theming is not my style at all. We will just use the quiet pool if we don't like the main pool!

I am enjoying your trip report so much! I am off to the World in two weeks with my husband and 15 year old daughter. We only have three park days planned (and a special DVC night at Animal Kingdom). I am hoping to slow down and enjoy things like you are!

Glad to have you back! Hope all is well with you!

Omg I love all the holiday decor around the Beach Club. I'm so mad I never got to see that with all the times I walked through that area to get to-and-from Studios and Epcot.

YAS to Beaches N Cream! I've only ever gotten the Kitchen Sink and yeah they sell those in near boat loads (one person in the place gets one... EVERYONE gets one). The No Way Jose sounds delicious tho.

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

The sundaes at Beaches and Cream are delicious. It's my favorite place to get ice cream when at Walt Disney World!

That wreath is gorgeous; I agree, probably the best one on property.

I made a throw away FP for Pixar shorts so that I could book a fourth FP for TT later.

Don't understand this?

We were headed to Beach Club resort for some lunch at Beaches and Cream.

Yum!

img_20171203_132912433-copy-jpg.312708

Planning problems.
Eat from the top down or tackle it from the side...

That really is beautiful.

Mark had his No Way Jose Sundae and a I got the brownie sundae with a substitution of Cookies and cream ice cream instead of the vanilla. These sundaes did not disappoint and of course we couldn’t finish either one. We probably should have split them but I was just being to greedy.

You can get half sizes. Future reference.
These are the same Sundaes that DD and I had. Sooooo good.

Great shot!

Nah the wife’s opinion and telling him he could do it doesn’t work but as soon as someone else says he could do it he was on board. Silly husband.

:laughing:

Enjoying your trip report. I see you guys drove from Indy. Fellow Hoosier here as well, and have made that drive many times. Cannot wait to read more.

Glad to have you back! Hope all is well with you!
Yes thank you Timmy just been very busy with real life stuff.

Don't understand this?
I made a fast pass that I had no intention of using (throw away) so that I would have had 3 FP's for the day. After the 3'rd FP time is up you can then add on another FP. I could not originally make TT a FP since we had already had Soarin FP in the first 3 (both are same class FP's).

I am loving your report! I am headed to Disney in two weeks. We really wanted to stay at the Beach club but couldn't get a room. We decided on the Boardwalk becasue of the location. I am so worried! The theming is not my style at all. We will just use the quiet pool if we don't like the main pool!

Enjoying your trip report. I see you guys drove from Indy. Fellow Hoosier here as well, and have made that drive many times. Cannot wait to read more.

:welcome:glad you guys found my TR and am enjoying it. @momtoleasawav hope you have a great trip. :dogdance:

Sailing around the Yacht Club and Speeding around Test Track

At the Yacht Club I loved all the boat themed ornaments the most, but the train display was way cool too. My MIL who now lives with us has a huge Dept. 56 Christmas Village so I had to take all of these photos for her.
IMG_20171203_150355622 - Copy.jpg
Wish I could afford a real life size version of this wooden boat.IMG_20171203_150405876 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20171203_150512695 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171203_150512695 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171203_150755031 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171203_150812471 - Copy.jpg

Where in the world are we?
IMG_20171203_150420401 - Copy.jpg

After our visit to the Yacht club we hopped on the boat back to IG. On our way to TT we stopped in the UK for a Harps to sip on for the walk.

We stopped for more PP
EPCOT_BACKSIDE_4_20171203_406862088539 - Copy.jpg EPCOT_BACKSIDE_4_20171203_406862088540 - Copy.jpg
View attachment 313574

We arrived at TT and proceeded in with our FP’s. While in line I made a 5’th FP for Nemo. Our car builder wasn’t working. And I’d say we were more bored then disappointed. It seemed to take forever before it was time to exit out to our vehicles. We enjoyed our ride and sure enough Mr. Mark had no issues with motion sickness.
EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_20171203_8137263121 - Copy.jpeg

On the way out of TT we stopped and got another beer from the beer cart. Can't find my receipts from this day so can't remember what beer we drank other than it was cold and refreshing.

We stopped at Mouse Gears and I bought a couple of shirts that I just loved. I love this store and could spend hours in here. It was funny listening to Mark talk to the cast member outside of the dressing room while I was trying on my shirts. Nobody is a stranger to Mark. You'll see one of the new shirts later in my pics as we progress to the evening.

Continued in next post

Attachments

• IMG_20171203_150735527 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20171203_150735527 - Copy.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Finding ourselves in a Spot with some silly Characters

Since we still had so much time before our next FP window for Nemo was up we decided to stop and visit the big cheese himself, his girlfriend Minnie and a very Goofy dawg. The standby line was about a 25 minute wait and Mark was having a good time entertaining the young girls in line in front of us with my Minnie ears.
IMG_20171203_174654632 - Copy.jpg IMG_20171203_174709181 - Copy.jpg

Mickey was up first. LOL doesn’t it look like I’m getting ready to say “Mickey my eyes are up here” thanks PP. He was actually admiring my new shirt. This shirt might look familiar to Caroline @disneyAndi14 since she bought the same one. Great minds think alike.
EPCOT_CHRCON1_20171203_406865922066 - Copy.jpg EPCOT_CHRCON1_20171203_406865922069 - Copy.jpg

After Mickey we got a long visit in with Goofy. The large family in front of was taking some extra time with Minnie which gave us more time with Goofy.
EPCOT_CHRCON2_20171203_406865899493 - Copy.jpg EPCOT_CHRCON2_20171203_406865900951 - Copy.jpg EPCOT_CHRCON2_20171203_406865900955 - Copy.jpg

I wish I knew how to post videos’ to a TR because Goofy and Mark were cracking all of us up because they were dancing. So fun.

IMG_20171203_180635454 - Copy.jpg
Goofy looked so lonely that Mark jumped in and started dancing with him
IMG_20171203_180701302 - Copy.jpg

Sunday Dec 3'rd Epcot Continued
That big flirt

At this point our new our new favorite Cast member Kerry was Minnie Mouses’ handler and she came over to visit with us a little while we continued to wait for Minnie. Soon it was our turn or should I say Mark’s to visit with Minnie.
EPCOT_CHRCON3_20171203_406866136551 - Copy.jpg
EPCOT_CHRCON3_20171203_406866185048 - Copy.jpg
EPCOT_CHRCON3_20171203_406866136555 - Copy.jpg
EPCOT_CHRCON3_20171203_406866136556 - Copy.jpg

Minnie was all over Mark I had to actually tell her to back off my man or I would tell Mickey. I really did have to squeeze myself in there. It was too funny.

EPCOT_CHRCON3_20171203_406866136560 - Copy.jpg

That's it for todays updates. Look forward to talking to ya all soon.

Attachments

• EPCOT_CHRCON3_20171203_406866136555 - Copy.jpg
    EPCOT_CHRCON3_20171203_406866136555 - Copy.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
I made a fast pass that I had no intention of using (throw away) so that I would have had 3 FP's for the day. After the 3'rd FP time is up you can then add on another FP. I could not originally make TT a FP since we had already had Soarin FP in the first 3 (both are same class FP's).

Oh! Yes, that I get. I thought you meant you booked the throw away and then the 4th at the same time and couldn't figure out how you managed that.

My MIL who now lives with us has a huge Dept. 56 Christmas Village so I had to take all of these photos for her.

One must do what one must do

Wish I could afford a real life size version of this wooden boat.

::yes:: Beautiful.

Want this train set too.

Also want that globe.

I need a bigger house.

We enjoyed our ride and sure enough Mr. Mark had no issues with motion sickness.

Good!

Mark was having a good time entertaining the young girls in line in front of us with my Minnie ears.

LOL doesn’t it look like I’m getting ready to say “Mickey my eyes are up here” thanks PP.

:lmao:

Dirty ol' mouse.

Minnie was all over Mark I had to actually tell her to back off my man or I would tell Mickey. I really did have to squeeze myself in there. It was too funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter