The $6,688.00 Disney World Trip - It's a wrap 6/30, The Last Supper 2/14

franandaj

I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!
What a fancy evening!
I miss those fancy evenings so much!

I agree with you about not being ready to go back to the parks.
If Disneyland could meet the standards of reopening set by the Governor of California, I would feel comfortable going there wearing a mask, because it would mean that the virus is very low. Also our weather is much nicer out here than humid Florida.

The main reason I'm going to be renting out the points is that I'm not comfortable with flying, and the idea of being at crowded parks in a mask at the end of September, beginning of October does not sound appealing to me. We'll see if someone can rent my points.

franandaj

Not really, no. Just not my cup of tea. I'll watch them and when I do I enjoy it, but definitely not my go-to when queueing up something to watch. But as with all the "lands" and rides in Disney, I can enjoy them for the detailing and artistry without being enamored with the source material.
I get that. I've always been a fan, not a super fan who knows everything, but I've always wanted to see the new movies as they came out and "study" by rewatching the old ones.

Makes sense, but we sure do miss you, Alison. :hug: It's nice to be able to catch up on the phone now and then.
I've started reading your TR. At least I pulled up the first page on my computer, but every time I try to read it, something takes me away from it. Fran is napping right now, so maybe after I finish replying to comments I will head over and at least try to get through one or two updates.

I could cry. I really miss fine dining and got a small taste at my trip a couple of weeks ago, but that's the first I've gotten to have/do in over a year.
The closest I've come is when I cook something fancy myself. :sad2:

OH Gosh! Me TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:
Maybe if we are both vaccinated by my birthday, I can convince her to take me somewhere that we can eat outside and have a nice meal.

OH how fun!! What a happy coincidence! Bummer about not getting an inside pipeline though. I'm sure Fran is disappointed. You? Not so much! LOL!
Well actually, we have so many boxes with paintings in them sitting around. We do need someone to hang the ones in our living room cause we need a really tall ladder, but until we get rid of some of our clutter, that's not happening. One of the bedrooms is full of just boxes of artwork that we don't have room on the walls for.

franandaj

:laughing:
I'd be hungry all the time!!
:laughing: Not everything I make comes out good. I've had a few losers over the last year.

I'm not expecting to go to Disney this year. Maybe... if we're all really lucky, by the end of the year, but... I have my doubts.
I'm not expecting to go to Disney this year. :sad2:

Oh! That'd be fun... but I've not seen any of those.
Maybe when I run out of cat puzzles I post one!

:laughing: But nowhere near as good as some. I don't know how they can move the pieces that fast!
And this morning I found that you had done one of my cat puzzles, well, not mine, per se, but you were hanging out in my neck of the puzzle woods and you were on the Leaderboard! I had to solve it three or four times just to get within 7 seconds of your time, and I stopped doing the puzzle on the tablet and switched over to the computer for greater speed.

Busy is maybe good in these times?
No, I want more time to DIS and puzzle. Plus eBay went and sent at 1099 (tax form for your Canadian information), so now we have to report our eBay income to the government! We are frantically trying to prove that most of the stuff we are selling is sold at a loss.....

"Fran! Look over there!!!"
<quickly posts on the DIS>
Well, I can only do it when she is fast asleep. Like now. :teeth:

I was aware of it in January, I think. But I don't think I was expecting this.
When we were on vacation in February one of my friends we met up with asked me, "What do you think about this flu going on in China?"

And I was like, "well it's over in China, I'm not really sure it's going to affect us over here." :sad2:

Someplace I'd love to go. You've mentioned it several times. :)
We used to go there a lot. In fact, I believe that my first bonus feature that I did after the lockdown was when I went there in November 2019 with my parents. That was the day that we signed up for the dinner I just covered. The waiter told us that they were starting a new winemaker dinner series, and we said, "We know! We already registered this morning!"

Everything sounds so good! (except the walnuts. Not a fan.)
Me neither but I didn't even really notice them. Funny about these fancy dinners, they can use all kinds of stuff that I'm not a fan of, but I don't notice it when I'm eating it.

You had me at "nice chunk of lobster."
I could use one of those about now! Maybe when we get the apartment rented.

You know... I'm not sure if I've ever had Porchetta.
I know I've had none of the rest that was on that plate!
I've had so many odd things served to me by Marcel, I can't even keep track, I don't know if I'd had it before then or not.

Sure looked it!
And boy do I miss that kind of stuff!

It would be lost on me.
Actually I don't think so. You would be amazed at how lovely these 20 year old Cabernets taste. They are so mellowed that they are almost like grape juice, but more sophisticated. It's hard to describe, but when you come to visit again, and I mean when, we will go for another "off Disney campus" dinner and I'll bring one. They go with lots more than big hunks of meat. Then again we could go to Steakhouse 55, I always bring my own wine for steak portion there! Well, except for a winemaker dinner!

I need Mark's Drooling Homer...

Hang on... gonna find one.

Nice! But he awards those for unpretentious food! :laughing:

I know where to find... neither! :laughing:
Blue cheese is not high on my list, though, so I haven't really looked.
Really??? Blue cheese I can get anywhere. There are two grocery stores close by with excellent cheese selections. Honeycomb is a bit more elusive. There is only one store I know of that I can get honeycomb, and there it is "swimming" in a jar of honey. I did luck out one time, I found a box with just the honeycomb on the shelf next to the one in the honey. I think it was in the wrong place, but I grabbed it and even at the price of $16, I was thrilled. I haven't eaten any yet, but next time I put Charcuterie on the menu or cheese plate, part of it will be coming out....

Or... are you disappointed?
Well at the prices for these paintings, I'm not disappointed. Also I didn't necessarily care for all of them. I love my Aristocats series and the Haunted Mansions ones. The Mickey and Minnie Series is cute, but I'm not real thrilled with the Mary Poppins based ones, just kind of strange characters.

Nice you finally got to meet!
Yes! It was pretty cool!

pkondz

. . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky
:laughing: Not everything I make comes out good. I've had a few losers over the last year.
If you didn't, it would mean you're not experimenting enough. I've had meals where I've asked the fam "So... keep this one or..." and gotten a unanimous "Toss it!"
I'm not expecting to go to Disney this year. :sad2:
Nor I. :(
Maybe when I run out of cat puzzles I post one!
Ah! I haven't looked at posting anything. I may in the future. Who knows!
And this morning I found that you had done one of my cat puzzles, well, not mine, per se, but you were hanging out in my neck of the puzzle woods and you were on the Leaderboard! I had to solve it three or four times just to get within 7 seconds of your time, and I stopped doing the puzzle on the tablet and switched over to the computer for greater speed.
I've done a few cat puzzles recently. Mostly just kind of a way for me to "wave" hi to you. :)
No, I want more time to DIS and puzzle. Plus eBay went and sent at 1099 (tax form for your Canadian information), so now we have to report our eBay income to the government! We are frantically trying to prove that most of the stuff we are selling is sold at a loss.....
Yikes! Hope you can get that done.
Well, I can only do it when she is fast asleep. Like now. :teeth:
;)
When we were on vacation in February one of my friends we met up with asked me, "What do you think about this flu going on in China?"

And I was like, "well it's over in China, I'm not really sure it's going to affect us over here." :sad2:
Oh boy... maybe a slight understatement??
Me neither but I didn't even really notice them. Funny about these fancy dinners, they can use all kinds of stuff that I'm not a fan of, but I don't notice it when I'm eating it.
I've experienced that as well.
Me: "I don't like ____, but I'll try it. ... Hey! That was good!"
Actually I don't think so. You would be amazed at how lovely these 20 year old Cabernets taste. They are so mellowed that they are almost like grape juice, but more sophisticated. It's hard to describe, but when you come to visit again, and I mean when, we will go for another "off Disney campus" dinner and I'll bring one. They go with lots more than big hunks of meat. Then again we could go to Steakhouse 55, I always bring my own wine for steak portion there! Well, except for a winemaker dinner!
Hmmm... I'd hate for you to waste a 20 year old wine on me. I couldn't appreciate it like someone who actually enjoys red wine.
But if you're bringing it for you and Fran... I'd be very happy to taste it.
Nice! But he awards those for unpretentious food! :laughing:
True. :)
Really??? Blue cheese I can get anywhere.
Oh, me too. But I never look for it. I'm sure I can get some at the local grocery store.
Honeycomb is a bit more elusive. There is only one store I know of that I can get honeycomb, and there it is "swimming" in a jar of honey. I did luck out one time, I found a box with just the honeycomb on the shelf next to the one in the honey. I think it was in the wrong place, but I grabbed it and even at the price of $16, I was thrilled. I haven't eaten any yet, but next time I put Charcuterie on the menu or cheese plate, part of it will be coming out....
Ah! I may have seen some in honey as well. But again... I'm not looking. Maybe I should. I was thinking of doing a "shark cootchie" board soon.
Well at the prices for these paintings, I'm not disappointed.
Also I didn't necessarily care for all of them. I love my Aristocats series and the Haunted Mansions ones. The Mickey and Minnie Series is cute, but I'm not real thrilled with the Mary Poppins based ones, just kind of strange characters.
Interesting. I hadn't thought the characters would affect it that much.

franandaj

I had to get a few things for this, as I mainly just drink gin at home as far as spirits go
I really don't do spirits at home. I must pour them pretty heavy because they normally knock me out! :laughing:

That Looks SO DELISH!
I miss pretty food. :sad2:

This one does too! Pickled plum croquette sounds interesting
I miss eating "interesting" food.

Drooling...I need a big ol' glass of red
I had a nice one with our prime rib last night.

As mentioned, I'm going to give this a try sometime..well the blue and honeycomb...who knows about adding other stuff
The honeycomb goes nicely with all kinds of cheese. I'd say make a cheese platter and try all kinds of complimentary flavors. I like figs too, you can't always find them, so I get fig jam from the cheese shop. We have a fancy cheese place in our grocery store.

Awww man, I really want a fun dessert like this now too...love dark chocolate and orange together
I do know of a couple fancy bakeries where I can get neat pastries. I think I need some.

I do remember stories about her pusher :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
Funny thing is that he was just about the money. We haven't heard a word from him now that he doesn't have stuff to sell us.

At least he has good taste, working for Disney
I'm not sure it's a matter of taste! :laughing:

What are the chances hey!
:confused3

franandaj

Troll Alison, ignore and we'll be here having fun being friends online and reading about your yummy meals and Disney interactions.:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Thanks Liesa! I'm running out of experiences to write about, but I have some ideas on what I can do until the parks open back up, hopefully before 2022. :sad2:

Steppesister

DIS Veteran
Thanks Liesa! I'm running out of experiences to write about, but I have some ideas on what I can do until the parks open back up, hopefully before 2022. :sad2:
And I will savor every one. I really have enjoyed our phone talks the last bit. I was losing touch with so many of my friends with how Covid affected me and my work schedule and life. I feel like I"m climbing out of a dark cave and I am loving spending some time re-connecting with people I most love to spend time with.

I'm sure you'll find stuff to post about. I for one would kinda love to see you bust out some of that art. ;)

franandaj

If you didn't, it would mean you're not experimenting enough. I've had meals where I've asked the fam "So... keep this one or..." and gotten a unanimous "Toss it!"
True. Then again I'm a pretty good judge of recipes. Most turn out to be, "That wasn't bad...but no need to try it again." I have added at least three recipes to the constant rotation, and some of the "old standards" are not coming up as often.

Ah! I haven't looked at posting anything. I may in the future. Who knows!
I may post less. Now that I've discovered bookmarks, I have more puzzles than I can do in my daily routine. And if I keep up on the DIS, that takes time from my puzzles.

I've done a few cat puzzles recently. Mostly just kind of a way for me to "wave" hi to you. :)
And here I thought you were taunting me with, "I do these faster than you!" :laughing:

Yikes! Hope you can get that done.
Fortunately they only started keeping track in July. We have two stores, one for Disney stuff and one for sheet music and instruments. I've done through October on Disney and almost done with October on the music stuff. Unfortunately November and December are our busiest months.

Oh boy... maybe a slight understatement??
Don't vote for me for the Office of Health Director. :laughing:

I've experienced that as well.
Me: "I don't like ____, but I'll try it. ... Hey! That was good!"
Either that or, "I didn't even taste it!"

Hmmm... I'd hate for you to waste a 20 year old wine on me. I couldn't appreciate it like someone who actually enjoys red wine.
But if you're bringing it for you and Fran... I'd be very happy to taste it.
We would bring it for ourselves, especially if we went to S55. But I'd let you taste it and if you liked it, have a glass.

Oh, me too. But I never look for it. I'm sure I can get some at the local grocery store.
It's pretty common. My fancy cheese place has about give different kinds.

Ah! I may have seen some in honey as well. But again... I'm not looking. Maybe I should. I was thinking of doing a "shark cootchie" board soon
I've done a couple of those in the past few months.

Oh and unlike the young hipsters today, I can pronounce "Charcuterie".

Interesting. I hadn't thought the characters would affect it that much.
Well, the Pearly Band wasn't a highlight of the film for me. I don't remember what the other pictures in the Mary Poppins series were, but they're sitting wrapped in paper in the "grotto room" along with probably 20-30 more pictures.

Last edited:

pkondz

. . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky
True. Then again I'm a pretty good judge of recipes. Most turn out to be, "That wasn't bad...but no need to try it again." I have added at least three recipes to the constant rotation, and some of the "old standards" are not coming up as often.
I rarely get (if ever?) "That wasn't good at all."
But some are worth the effort and others... aren't.
I may post less. Now that I've discovered bookmarks, I have more puzzles than I can do in my daily routine. And if I keep up on the DIS, that takes time from my puzzles.
#priorities
And here I thought you were taunting me with, "I do these faster than you!" :laughing:
:laughing: Nope! Just saying Hi!
Don't vote for me for the Office of Health Director. :laughing:
:lmao:
Either that or, "I didn't even taste it!"
::yes::
We would bring it for ourselves, especially if we went to S55. But I'd let you taste it and if you liked it, have a glass.
Then I just might do that. :)
I've done a couple of those in the past few months.
Oh wow. That looks amazing!
Oh and unlike the young hipsters today, I can pronounce "Charcuterie".
:rolleyes1

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES