The $6,688.00 Disney World Trip - It's a wrap 6/30, Has it really been a year? 3/2 Link to new TR 4/18

We are doing a 5 night May 1, 2021. I really wanted to do another 7 night, but the costs were just too high especially since more people are potentially coming on the trip. Ah well, at least I will still be going on another disney cruise. I had found myself wishing I could squeeze something in sooner, but the virus has changed my mind. I would go nuts if I were quarantined on a cruise ship for weeks. Maybe if I had a suite and could spread out some, but that is way out of the budget!

Fran was just worried about coming down with the virus. However, now they are saying cruises 30 days out will be canceled and they're giving 150% credit towards a future cruise! We should have held out. Then again we may not have gotten the cabin that we had on the cruise this year. We got our same cabin for next year, so I'm good.

I'm surprised they don't purposely leave every few cars empty so that Rivera guests have a little better chance of getting on.

I know, you would think!

I honestly didn't even notice the headings for scooter and regular lines until the last day.

I don't like to talk to people, so I'm a big sign reader. I know that sounds funny, but I don't like to talk to strangers. Unless I've had a few glasses of wine! 😂

I had every intention of watching the new movie, but somehow it completely slipped my mind and we never got to it. I guess we were in a food coma!

I never got to France or China, so something to look forward to!

I also tried to reassemble as best as I could without making a mess. The elegance of it being deconstructed was lost on me! Very delicious though.

I just used the cookies as a scoop for the cheesecake stuff and tried to pile the rest of the stuff on top!

So this COVID-19 thing. I'm not buying into the mass hysteria. I didn't feel the need to wear a mask when I was in Disneyland. I haven't done the TP rope drop at Costco. Thanks for that one @Steppesister! We stocked up in November when Fran ordered me twelve 12 packs of double rolls. Then when they didn't arrive promptly, I asked if she was sure that she placed the order, she ordered eight more! So I was hoarding TP before it became cool.
It was hysterical... and yet... not. At all.

1) Do these idiots even realize that this is a RESPIRATORY virus?!?! Keeping your butt clean isn't going to prevent you from getting it or passing it along.

2) Do they realize that everyone else might need a week's worth of tp too? That just maybe if we run out because they've hoarded can lead to an E. Coli epidemic?

What is WRONG with people? Other than being stupid and selfish.

With all the cruise stuff going on, Disney made an offer to customers that if they would like to reschedule an upcoming cruise to anytime in the next 12 months they would do so at no charge. I

That's good at least. I hope if it comes to that for mine in Sept. we can do the same.

Also in the last couple weeks we recieved notification from Southwest that our flights to Portland for the Band convention this summer were altered.

Aw, rats!! I was looking forward to seeing you!!

We can always reassess the situation as it gets closer and if things calm down we could always rebook the tickets. We may even have Companion status by then! We didn't cancel the hotel or conference, just the airfare.

Please keep me in the loop! I want to be available if I'm in town!

I felt alive and really good.

YAY!!! A good day!

and decided to watch the new Canada circlevision. It was very nicely done, and the last part was like Soarin over Canada.

Oh, I can't wait to see this!!

We got the Deconstructed BLT. This was very good, although I'm not sure why it had a poached egg.

So, how on Earth is that a BLT? No lettuce? No tomato? Weird.

I did not like this almond cake at all, and after one bite gave up. Fran didn't care for it much either and Michael was the one who ended up finishing it off.

But it looks pretty.

And the Reuben? That looked and sounded GOOD!

We stocked up in November when Fran ordered me twelve 12 packs of double rolls. Then when they didn't arrive promptly, I asked if she was sure that she placed the order, she ordered eight more! So I was hoarding TP before it became cool.
:rotfl2: Ahead of the trend indeed! When the hoarding started, I wasn't worried at all. I get my toilet paper every other month from Amazon Subscribe and Save. Now, I have a message from them that they are out of stock and trying to find some to send me. All the stores in my area were out last week when I was trying to get some. I still have 3 rolls and I buy the jumbo rolls, so I should be okay assuming stores will eventually restock.
So now at this point we really don't have anything to look forward to except two nights at the Grand for DLs 55th anniversary in July
Maybe I'll see you there. I had to cancel my March stay (parks closed the day I was slated to arrive) and I waited for DCL to cancel my April cruise, knowing I'd be getting a full refund instead of a cruise credit if I waited for them to cancel it. I was going to go to DL for Easter, but I doubt it will be a "safe" time to go, based on the current info about the virus. My next big plan is to go in July.

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I'm not giving into the panic, either. Still holding out hope that my summer cruise will be fine.

What port do you sail from? And have you heard any further updates?

Dang, that stinks. I can see being a lot more worried if you're in the high-risk group, though.

And since I posted that, EVERYTHING has changed.

That sounds annoying.

Yes it was. You would think that they might leave every one or two cars open so that folks at the high falutin resort could get on! I mean we are paying top dollar!

It's been so long, I don't even remember what the old film was like

I just remember Martin Short....

I would have done the same thing. Those ingredients are meant to be together!

Why they had to deconstruct them seems silly!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Seems appropriate.

Yes he can be rather grumpy.

You lost me at the word "almond".

I don't mind Macarons, but this cake was not so tasty.

That poor, poor woman! How could she cope?

I know. It must be an awful life as a TA!

I don't generally read all the quotes, but I must have caught that one, or it just caught my eye without thinking about it as I was scrolling?

That makes sense....it was kind of weird that you both arrived at that number.

True story there- we have an amazing "everything homemade" Italian which is the best, but so so so garlicky- thankfully everyone is garlicky after!

How I would love to go "out" to dinner right now. I mean my life is not that much different. I still made dinner every night, but the fact that we can't go out makes me want to even more!

This is the BEST thing I've ready yet on it all! Literally laughed out loud here at work!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Still got plenty....haven't even finished the last bag that I opened yet, and I've got like eight more in the hall pantry.

Look at you ahead of the cool kids! I think I remember this!

Yeah, it would have been right about the time that you were visiting.

Very sad..I'm hoping this too, I really want to get back on a Disney ship.

Who knows when ANYONE (besides crew) will be back on one after the Wonder docks this Saturday.

True that, at least this worked out for you.

Yeah. ((((((Sigh))))))

We've only been back a week and I could def be back there!

::yes::

They are so all over the place with this hey!

It was annyoning.

BLT sans L though? Is that the pea shoot/micro green/whatever that garnish is??

That's probably what they were going for.

Dang that looks like meaty goodness!

It was! I'm putting Corned Beef on my rotation, I've got dinners planned all the way to April 6th now. Can you say get a life?

I could so go for one (or 2) of those right now!

I've got my vat of spaghetti sauce on the stove right now, I think I need to make something desserty. I'm making whole chicken for dinner tonight.

LOL too funny!

:laughing:

Super pretty, too bad it was so mehh

I know! I wanted to try it cause it was so pretty, but pretty food doesn't always taste so good.

it looks like a pop tart to me- or is it? I guess I will have to go back to the pics and see...

They called it a Popt Art, I think....It was pretty much a $5 pop tart. :scratchin That reminds me, I think I have some Pop Tarts in the pantry. No need to bake!

Last edited:
Why? Because sanitizer is too expensive now?

Because there is none in the stores....are people in Canada hoarding?

Had a similar offer. We were paid in full and are getting 50% refunded and 50% in credit for a cruise in 2020 or 2021.

I hope that this all works out....

Ugh. I think we'll be in the same boat.

Um... situation.

Good one!

Glad it worked out, but... this virus thing is getting more than annoying.

So do you have to stay home in Manitoba?

Of course you did.

Oh!
Wow. I hadn't realized. Hmmm... maybe not the best thing since sliced bread?

Just wait for the next update.

Like that. Good skit, too. Saw a similar poster on a friend's wall two days ago.

I debated between that one and "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Good to hear! I haven't heard anything about it.

And probably won't for a while.

That would've been my choice.

We usually get one of everything! :teeth:

That sounds interesting. I'm not a fan of Reubens, but I like the way that looks.

A Reuben is my favorite sandwich if I'm in a regular deli type place.

That works. :)

It looks just ok.

It was just ok.

It’s been a long time since I posted and I’m getting back into the swing of things. I am so excited for this, I love your reports and we just bought Riviera in February so I cant wait to see what you guys thought of it. We’re heading down over Labor Day weekend 😀😀😀

:welcome:

It has been a long time since you popped in on one of my TRs! I think I was still living in the old house, the last time we spoke. I remember you going through some difficult times. Sounds like things have improved since then!

Fingers crossed that your trip goes off without a hitch!

Because there is none in the stores....are people in Canada hoarding?
Yeah... they are.
I'm not quite sure why you need a double lifetime supply of it, but... there ya go.
I hope that this all works out....
Yeah...
So do you have to stay home in Manitoba?
Not exactly...

They're discouraging groups. A lot of restaurants are only doing take out or delivery, no dine-in. A lot of businesses are closed or only doing phone/online work.
I have to go out to work... and for groceries. Not much else.
Just wait for the next update.
popcorn::
I debated between that one and "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
I love the ending to that skit!
A Reuben is my favorite sandwich if I'm in a regular deli type place.
Mine is corned beef on rye... unless I'm in Montreal, of course.

It was hysterical... and yet... not. At all.

1) Do these idiots even realize that this is a RESPIRATORY virus?!?! Keeping your butt clean isn't going to prevent you from getting it or passing it along.

2) Do they realize that everyone else might need a week's worth of tp too? That just maybe if we run out because they've hoarded can lead to an E. Coli epidemic?

What is WRONG with people? Other than being stupid and selfish.

The sad thing is that I don't think that they even care.

That's good at least. I hope if it comes to that for mine in Sept. we can do the same.

So many uncertain times.....

Aw, rats!! I was looking forward to seeing you!!

And we will see what happens, you never know where we will be in July.

Please keep me in the loop! I want to be available if I'm in town!

The concert will be July 25th if we do go there.

YAY!!! A good day!

I was starting to get worried!

Oh, I can't wait to see this!!

I would love to have plans to see it too!

So, how on Earth is that a BLT? No lettuce? No tomato? Weird.

Yeah, I wasn't sure either, but it was good!

But it looks pretty.

And the Reuben? That looked and sounded GOOD!

The Reuben was good, the other....just pretty.

:rotfl2: Ahead of the trend indeed! When the hoarding started, I wasn't worried at all. I get my toilet paper every other month from Amazon Subscribe and Save. Now, I have a message from them that they are out of stock and trying to find some to send me. All the stores in my area were out last week when I was trying to get some. I still have 3 rolls and I buy the jumbo rolls, so I should be okay assuming stores will eventually restock.

Well I hope that you get some more! I showed the vacant apartment yesterday and the gal had gone to the supermarket at 5:30AM, was the first in line and was able to get some toilet paper, so there is hope. I haven't been to the grocery store for two days now, so I don't know how it is. I'm good for a while except I should get a half gallon of milk sometime tomorrow.

Maybe I'll see you there. I had to cancel my March stay (parks closed the day I was slated to arrive) and I waited for DCL to cancel my April cruise, knowing I'd be getting a full refund instead of a cruise credit if I waited for them to cancel it. I was going to go to DL for Easter, but I doubt it will be a "safe" time to go, based on the current info about the virus. My next big plan is to go in July.

We were there the last weekend that both the hotels and parks were open so I feel like we just snuck in there. I really hope that they can open for the 55th, that's when we have our next reservation. If not, I guess they will put my points back in the 2021 UY.

Yeah... they are.
I'm not quite sure why you need a double lifetime supply of it, but... there ya go.

We ended up buying a couple small bottles before it was all gone, and then I just realized that Fran has a 32oz bottle on her bathroom sink area, and it's still half full! Plus there are bottles all over the house. I don't use the stuff. I'd rather wash my hands, it's all sticky.

:rolleyes2

Not exactly...

They're discouraging groups. A lot of restaurants are only doing take out or delivery, no dine-in. A lot of businesses are closed or only doing phone/online work.
I have to go out to work... and for groceries. Not much else.

That's pretty much what's going on here, unless the upcoming news report has something new....

I love the ending to that skit!

Classic Python!

Mine is corned beef on rye... unless I'm in Montreal, of course.

Why Montreal?

It feels really weird posting chapters of a TR when we are all stuck at home with no idea when we will get back to our Happy Place! I hope everyone is staying safe and are only inconvenienced by this current situation. Wishing safe times to everyone’s friends and families. Keep checking in, and let me know you’re safe!

So after riding Nemo, Michael and I headed over to Spaceship Earth. We went to the scooter/wheelchair entrance and they didn't even bother to scan our MBs, they just let us on. While we were waiting to board I got a text from a tenant that her heater wasn't working. I texted her back about how the radiant heat ceiling coils are supposed to work and what she should do to heat the apartment. We got on the ride with very little wait.

@pkondz is this your Dad?

See I noticed the other dude in the computer room…..

Michael and I answered every other question, so we got a little bit different future than Fran and I get, but actually not a lot. He and Fran and are lot alike.

But this was the first time I saw our pictures on the globe and we went home to Germany!

Little did I know that Fran had been texting me for about 20 minutes. We decided to see the new movie at The Land. She had sent me these texts.

But when I noticed the texts. This is what I saw.

I asked if she wanted to come join us not realizing all the other messages she had sent. I thought she just decided not to go back to the room. I missed the part about the Skyliner being closed. So it wasn’t until after we watched the movie at the Land that I realized that the Skyliner had gone down. I finally called her and I told her I would get back to her on what we should do.

It was just after 4PM. We had a 6PM reservation at Beaches & Cream. Michael had only eaten that little piece of chicken and the rest of our cake. He had been saying all afternoon that he needed some more food. I suggested that we just go over to B&C and see if they could take us early as a party of three. It was 4:39 when we reached the podium. I explained the situation, blamed the Skyliner and asked if they could accommodate a third person. The host said that they were very full with reservations, but to come back at 5PM, and see what she could do then.

We chatted, used the restroom and generally killed time until 5, when I went up and asked again. This time there was a lead, he said they were indeed full, and could possibly squeeze us in in 20-30 minutes. He could see I was disappointed and asked if I minded sitting at the counter. One of the other hostesses took me in the door and pointed out the counter. I asked if they were all high seats and she said she had three low ones. Fran said that she could sit at any, so he checked me in and said I would get a text when the table was ready.

I parked my scooter and Fran parked hers near mine and began to read her tablet. As soon as I sat at the waiting table with Michael, my phone chirped and I had the text that our table was ready. It was the counter but we were OK with that. We had the low counter that sat three. I sat in the middle and it was just fine.

Here’s a look back out at the newly remodeled restaurant.

Here’s the new menu as well.

Fran really didn't want to eat, but decided that the S'mores milkshake would be fine for her dinner.

I went with the chicken noodle soup. And Michael gave me a quarter of his Turkey Sandwich. That was the perfect amount of dinner for me and I could still have dessert.

I got the Strawberry Shortcake and it was absolutely delicious! Fran finished half of it for me and she really loved it. Said the shortbread was just like her mother's that we lost the recipe.

After we paid the check we went back to the Skyliner just to verify that the information Fran had been given several hours ago was still valid. No it was not running. We needed to go to the Boardwalk to catch a bus which would cover all the Skyliner resorts to get back to the Riviera.

We arrived at the bus stop at 7:05PM but there were three scooters ahead of us and only two busses. We didn't want to split up so we waited since the busses can only take two scooters. All the other passengers (able bodied) were able to get on the first two buses so we were the only ones left going to the Skyliner resorts. The next bus didn't come until 7:20. The driver took one look at Fran and I and left. What The…...? Then the bus driver behind him with an Epcot sign changed his sign to Skyliner Resort and took us on his bus. It seems like they've had to do this a lot before. We got to our room at 7:54. But on our way up we reserved a Mears van with accessible lift to pick us up at 6:15AM so we could be at DHS in plenty of time to get a Boarding Group for Rise of the Resistance.

We found this little guy in our room when we returned.

I decided it was now or never that I make sure our apps were up to date and we didn't have any extra tickets on our app that would need to be deleted the next day, and that both Fran and I were scanned into each other's apps. To my horror I had eleven tickets scanned into my app and some were duplicates. I found the number for the tech help and spent nearly an hour on the phone with them getting both our apps cleaned up. The gal on the phone was very helpful and got us all taken care of. While we were on the phone I set up the coffee machine so that all I had to do in the morning was hit "brew". I took a bath and hit the sack. Tomorrow was going to be an early one!

We ended up buying a couple small bottles before it was all gone, and then I just realized that Fran has a 32oz bottle on her bathroom sink area, and it's still half full! Plus there are bottles all over the house. I don't use the stuff. I'd rather wash my hands, it's all sticky.
And... hand washing is more effective than hand sanitizer, so..
Classic Python!
Why Montreal?
Because there I'll have Montreal Smoked Meat sandwich instead.

It feels really weird posting chapters of a TR when we are all stuck at home with no idea when we will get back to our Happy Place!
I get that.

and yet...
I kinda wish I wasn't finished mine.
I'd like to keep posting to keep giving people things to read.

Thanks for posting, Alison. :)
I hope everyone is staying safe and are only inconvenienced by this current situation.
Doing my best.
I texted her back about how the radiant heat ceiling coils are supposed to work
I'm sorry... what?
@pkondz is this your Dad?

Yes it is!

Honest story.
I was reading this update and when I saw photos of SE, I quickly scrolled down to see if you'd gotten a shot of my dad.
As soon as I saw it, I said "Dad!"

And then I glanced up and saw your question. :)
You and I are the only ones! :laughing:
But this was the first time I saw our pictures on the globe and we went home to Germany!
You've seen them on the globe before, haven't you?
She had sent me these texts.
oh dear.
It was 4:39 when we reached the podium. I explained the situation, blamed the Skyliner and asked if they could accommodate a third person.
:rolleyes1
Skyliner's fault... ahem...
He could see I was disappointed and asked if I minded sitting at the counter.
I love sitting at the counter. I like watching them make the food.
Much bigger... and much, much, much less charming.
Here’s the new menu as well.
They still have grilled cheese and tomato soup and the No Way Jose... So that's good.
Fran really didn't want to eat, but decided that the S'mores milkshake would be fine for her dinner.
Fran is smart.
I went with the chicken noodle soup. And Michael gave me a quarter of his Turkey Sandwich.
How were they?
Said the shortbread was just like her mother's that we lost the recipe.
:goodvibes
We arrived at the bus stop at 7:05PM but there were three scooters ahead of us and only two busses.
Uh, oh...
The driver took one look at Fran and I and left. What The…...?
:confused3
Then the bus driver behind him with an Epcot sign changed his sign to Skyliner Resort and took us on his bus. It seems like they've had to do this a lot before.
Ah. Still... you must've been worried, there.
Baby Yoda!
To my horror I had eleven tickets scanned into my app and some were duplicates. I found the number for the tech help and spent nearly an hour on the phone with them getting both our apps cleaned up.
Eep!

It feels really weird posting chapters of a TR when we are all stuck at home with no idea when we will get back to our Happy Place!
We have a trip planned for August, and I'm really hoping things are someone back to normal by then. I've already got a case of cabin fever. Hopefully, in a few weeks it will warm up and more time can be spent outside. Right now its cold and rainy.

So after riding Nemo, Michael and I headed over to Spaceship Earth. We went to the scooter/wheelchair entrance and they didn't even bother to scan our MBs, they just let us on. While we were waiting to board I got a text from a tenant that her heater wasn't working. I texted her back about how the radiant heat ceiling coils are supposed to work and what she should do to heat the apartment. We got on the ride with very little wait.
The first time we went on with the scooter they took us right back and showed us the entrance. The second time we went right to the entrance, but apparently since it was a longer wait out front we were supposed to get a return time. I'm still a little confused on what the rules are. Though I guess it won't matter for quite awhile. It's good the heating problem was easily solved.

And there is my mom to the left of the column with the blondish gray hair. She's actually even looking toward the camera! I'm hidden behind someone.

Miss Spaceship Earth, that's the only thing I wish we would have had a chance to ride during our last trip!

We are safe and good. New normal is not affecting me a ton but it is the kids.

:welcome:

It has been a long time since you popped in on one of my TRs! I think I was still living in the old house, the last time we spoke. I remember you going through some difficult times. Sounds like things have improved since then!

Fingers crossed that your trip goes off without a hitch!
It has been a long time! Wow, I can’t believe you remember me 😀! I did go through a messy divorce and have since remarried and moved on. One of the hardest things I did was have to sell my contracts at AKV but we do what we have to when necessary. Fast forward 4 years and I’ve since remarried a man who I believe to be my soul mate and we just bought 250 points at Riviera! Life is good!

I have been catching up on your last TRs, they always made me smile and chuckle too! How is the new house and life in general? I hope you guys are ok with this Coronavirus and staying well. 🙏🏻

The sad thing is that I don't think that they even care.

Sadly, you are right.

And we will see what happens, you never know where we will be in July.

No one does, I think.

The concert will be July 25th if we do go there.

GREAT! I will block off that date and if tickets go on sale, let me know.

It is, and yet, it's the perfect time to do so. What else we gonna do?

Keep checking in, and let me know you’re safe!

I will.... might have loads of time to do that, and it might be from my new home the car, but I'll check in. :rolleyes:

While we were waiting to board I got a text from a tenant that her heater wasn't working. I texted her back

OY, landlord issues never go away even on vacay.

I asked if she wanted to come join us not realizing all the other messages she had sent. I thought she just decided not to go back to the room. I missed the part about the Skyliner being closed. So it wasn’t until after we watched the movie at the Land that I realized that the Skyliner had gone down. I finally called her and I told her I would get back to her on what we should do.

Ruh roh.... !!
One of the other hostesses took me in the door and pointed out the counter. I asked if they were all high seats and she said she had three low ones. Fran said that she could sit at any, so he checked me in and said I would get a text when the table was ready.

I'm so glad they have stools for folks who can't use the high ones to sit at!! Glad they could get you in and accomodate.

The driver took one look at Fran and I and left. What The…...?

What the....?

We got to our room at 7:54. But on our way up we reserved a Mears van with accessible lift to pick us up at 6:15AM so we could be at DHS in plenty of time to get a Boarding Group for Rise of the Resistance.

Good move!! You're thinking ahead and that's gonna pay off!

I found the number for the tech help and spent nearly an hour on the phone with them getting both our apps cleaned up.

YIKES!! An hour? Not what you wanna be doing on vacation, but glad you did so you didn't have issues in the morning when they'd have been disastrous!

It feels really weird posting chapters of a TR when we are all stuck at home with no idea when we will get back to our Happy Place! I hope everyone is staying safe and are only inconvenienced by this current situation. Wishing safe times to everyone’s friends and families. Keep checking in, and let me know you’re safe!

This is such a weird time. Read the news, and it's the apocalypse. Walk outside, and it seems perfectly normal. I think everyone is starting to go a bit stir-crazy.

There's another dude in there? :rotfl2:

Michael and I answered every other question, so we got a little bit different future than Fran and I get, but actually not a lot. He and Fran and are lot alike.

You posted his photo! You rebel.

This time there was a lead, he said they were indeed full, and could possibly squeeze us in in 20-30 minutes. He could see I was disappointed and asked if I minded sitting at the counter. One of the other hostesses took me in the door and pointed out the counter. I asked if they were all high seats and she said she had three low ones. Fran said that she could sit at any, so he checked me in and said I would get a text when the table was ready.

Nice that they were trying to be flexible for you.

Did they make it bigger? Looks like they can fit more people in there.

Now we're talking.

The next bus didn't come until 7:20. The driver took one look at Fran and I and left. What The…...?

Um...that's not cool.

I decided it was now or never that I make sure our apps were up to date and we didn't have any extra tickets on our app that would need to be deleted the next day, and that both Fran and I were scanned into each other's apps. To my horror I had eleven tickets scanned into my app and some were duplicates.

So how does that happen?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!