The 2007 Crash and Burn Version of the Red Sox

Virgo10

<font color=darkorchid>Really, this year there's n
:sad: :crazy2:

I think I may open a vein. :sad2:

mlb600x154.jpg

Please, don't remind me. Until we lose the lead, then I'll really go crazy but a 2.5 game is still a 2.5 game lead. We just have to go and start winning games. Forget that the Yankees are a on tear and doing their magic they always seem to do this time of year. Just go out AND PLAY BASEBALL.

Gotta love being a red sox fan. :scared1:

Too bad you aren't in the Cincinnati Reds division...You'd be 25 games up..:lmao:
Where a .500 season gets you to the playoffs...:lmao:

I would imagine you guys have heard the joke making the radio station rounds this morning.

"Guess who the Yankees are naming as their MVP"
Gagné

As much I love to see the Red Sox fans starting to panic, I don't think the Yankees will catch them. 2.5 games is still a big lead considering the amount of games left.

:rolleyes1

Can someone explain why the games back in the loss being only 2 is a big deal(does it give homefield advantage? or something) During the Yankee game last night(after the Boston score showed up on the screen- there was about 2 minutes of cheers) they kept saying now they are ONLY 2 back in the loss column. So why is that important?

Oh yeah and I am still dancing.:banana:
GO YANKEES!!!!

:rolleyes1

Can someone explain why the games back in the loss being only 2 is a big deal(does it give homefield advantage? or something) During the Yankee game last night(after the Boston score showed up on the screen- there was about 2 minutes of cheers) they kept saying now they are ONLY 2 back in the loss column. So why is that important?

Oh yeah and I am still dancing.:banana:
GO YANKEES!!!!

It's not that big a deal. But look at it this way... if the Yankees were half a game out with one game to play, it makes a difference whether it's in the loss column or wins. If the Yankees were tied with the Red Sox in wins, but had one more loss, then they'd be dependent on the Red Sox to lose. If they were tied in losses but had one less win, the Yankees would be able to tie things up by winning (not dependent on the Red Sox losing).

So the number of games back in the loss column is an indication of how much the Yankees control their playoff fate themselves.

Boo hoo. :rolleyes:

This sounds sort of familiar though, seeing as that's what happened to the Brewers. Atleast you've had a World Series in the last couple years. :rolleyes:

Just have to take one game at a time. Win tonight and it doesn't matter what the Yankees do against Baltimore. We just have to win.

It's not just the Red Sox, the Tigers (supposedly the best team in baseball this year) have already left the building, the Met's are heading out the door and the Cubs are waiting for the axe to fall.

Go DEVIL RAYS!!!:banana:
pirate:

Manny's out.
Papi's hurt.
Youkilis is out.

They're lulcky they're still in 1st.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter