MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here ever attended a late night event (like MNSSHP or late night EMH) and then gotten up the next morning super early for EMM?

I am considering doing this but think I may be crazy lol

This is why we decided to skip MNSSHP this trip. I know we can't go late then get up for EMM and we are more into doing EMM this time.

For those following, looks like no EMM Sunday 9/30 and Tuesday 10/2.

I wonder if we’ll see a return of the “Thursday” EMMs like we saw last October.

I suspect we’re going to eventually see a lot more 8AM openings on those MNSSHP days in October (like we saw with MVMCP days in Nov/Dec) due to the earlier 6pm closures, so not a good setup for EMM.

TBD!

We’re going Sept 1-8 and the only EMM for that week is the morning after the MNSSHP I wanted to go to :crazy2: there’s another party that week but it’s Friday, and I figured the Monday one would be less crowded with people heading back to work/school the next day. Decisions decisions...

Same for us! I had already booked EMM before the MNSSHP dates came out and we're for sure doing that.
I think doing the party the night before would kill us. LOL.
We are arriving August 30, so maybe we'll do the party Aug 31...
ARGH, can't decide!

Hey, @GADisneyDad14...I’m sorry, I know you’ve posted this before, but how do you see park hours for more than 180 days out? I’m going to be making ADRs in April for my October trip and if EMM ends up being on Thursday, I’m going to need to re-do the tentative plan I’ve made (or skip EMM, one of the 2). I’ll want to check park hours at least the day before my ADR date.

We just returned from our trip March 17-25. We had booked EMM on Tuesday 20th. It was really a mixed bag for us and I am not sure we would do it again. We were let in at 7:45 exactly & walked back to try to do 7Dwarfs first but it was down. So we rode Pooh twice & then saw that 7Dwarfs was running. We got in line & rode twice, each time with about a ten minute wait. Then it went down again. So we went over and rode Peter Pan about three times & Carousel one time. 7Dwarfs was still down so they told us we could use the Fastpass line until noon. We checked back several times while we were still in Fantasyland, but then we had to get to our other Fastpasses we had made in other parts of the park. When we finished our other Fastpasses, we tried to hustle back over to get in at least one more ride on 7Dwarfs, but we got there at 12:02 and were told we were too late. I thought about this later & realized that there is a 5 minute grace period even on regular Fastpasses. So it seems like they were being pretty petty. Kind of left a poor taste in our mouth for EMM. The breakfast was good & we enjoyed the other rides, but just be aware that if you have already made plans for the rest of the morning, you may have trouble if one of the rides goes down during the 75 minute EMM.

We just returned from our trip March 17-25. We had booked EMM on Tuesday 20th. It was really a mixed bag for us and I am not sure we would do it again. We were let in at 7:45 exactly & walked back to try to do 7Dwarfs first but it was down. So we rode Pooh twice & then saw that 7Dwarfs was running. We got in line & rode twice, each time with about a ten minute wait. Then it went down again. So we went over and rode Peter Pan about three times & Carousel one time. 7Dwarfs was still down so they told us we could use the Fastpass line until noon. We checked back several times while we were still in Fantasyland, but then we had to get to our other Fastpasses we had made in other parts of the park. When we finished our other Fastpasses, we tried to hustle back over to get in at least one more ride on 7Dwarfs, but we got there at 12:02 and were told we were too late. I thought about this later & realized that there is a 5 minute grace period even on regular Fastpasses. So it seems like they were being pretty petty. Kind of left a poor taste in our mouth for EMM. The breakfast was good & we enjoyed the other rides, but just be aware that if you have already made plans for the rest of the morning, you may have trouble if one of the rides goes down during the 75 minute EMM.

How many times have we heard of 7DMT being down during EMM? Too many, IMO.

How many times have we heard of 7DMT being down during EMM? Too many, IMO.

I agree that we hear about a lot of 7MDT down during EMM and it's discouraging. I could be missing some posts... but I'm not reading too much about days where everything went well. Does that mean people aren't posting when EMM goes well? It would be great if we also heard about mornings where all EMM rides worked. Getting kind of nervous about our May EMM date but nothing we can do except set the expectations low, which is disappointing considering the cost of this event x 9 people:(.

The only reason I booked EMM is so I can get multiple rides on 7DMT. I'll be really disappointed if we don't get to ride it.

I think booking other Fastpasses after 12pm would be a wise move. Wish we had realized that before our experience. We are not complainers, so we didn't let it ruin our day. Just wanted to share our experience so that others would consider this before booking.

I think booking other Fastpasses after 12pm would be a wise move. Wish we had realized that before our experience. We are not complainers, so we didn't let it ruin our day. Just wanted to share our experience so that others would consider this before booking.
I just moved our FastPasses, the first one starts at 11:10. Thanks for the tip.

Hey, @GADisneyDad14...I’m sorry, I know you’ve posted this before, but how do you see park hours for more than 180 days out? I’m going to be making ADRs in April for my October trip and if EMM ends up being on Thursday, I’m going to need to re-do the tentative plan I’ve made (or skip EMM, one of the 2). I’ll want to check park hours at least the day before my ADR date.

This is what I do:

Hover over "My Disney Experience"
Click "My Itinerary"
Click "Add Plans" --> Click "Add Parks & Places"
Change the date at the top

That works for me, but some say it doesn't... I think you may need an active reservation sometime in the next 180 days perhaps.

Obviously hours are subject to change too, of course.

Hope that helps!

As a reminder, I post links to all reviews - both good and bad - on Post #3 for easy reference: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-“emm”-thread-–-mk-fantasyland-early-morning-magic-faqs-see-post-2-for-latest-dates.3651152/#post-58529658

Always appreciate folks stopping by after their trips to let us know how things went. Thanks!

Obviously not scientific or statistically significant...but out of the posted reviews only one mentioned ride breakdowns. The others had no complaints about any breakdowns (though 4 reviewers were there on the same day that they were let in late so that was a negative).

So there goes my theory that people who have a complaint might be quicker to write reviews (of anything) than people who have a compliment.

We did EMM on Sunday. We were let in exactly 7:45. I wasn't feeling great for some reason so we weren't as productive as we could have been, but we rode Peter Pan once, Winnie the Pooh once, and Mine Train 2x. We could have rode at least twice more but again, I was kind of done. I didn't eat the breakfast but it looked pretty good! I enjoyed the event. Not sure I would do it again, but it was a fun experience.

Just for the record-I've done EMM six times now and 7DMT has always been up and running. On one occasion Winnie the Pooh was down for the first hour. Both Small World and the Carousel were running.

Looks like as of now there isn't an EMM scheduled for Thursday, October 4. Have most dates been listed right as the date becomes visible on the calendar or are they often added after the days first come out.

Looks like as of now there isn't an EMM scheduled for Thursday, October 4. Have most dates been listed right as the date becomes visible on the calendar or are they often added after the days first come out.

Yeah, they’ve been added at the 180+10 date for awhile now (although that pattern could stop at ANY time).

My ‘hunch’ is that EMM could be SLIM pickins in October. Last year when Disney made the MVMCP dates 6pm closes, they eventually my many of those dates 8am openings. If that’s the ultimate plan for MNSSHP in October, could be trouble for EMM. :-)

Yeah, they’ve been added at the 180+10 date for awhile now (although that pattern could stop at ANY time).

My ‘hunch’ is that EMM could be SLIM pickins in October. Last year when Disney made the MVMCP dates 6pm closes, they eventually my many of those dates 8am openings. If that’s the ultimate plan for MNSSHP in October, could be trouble for EMM. :-)

This is what I’m afaraid of. Thanks for continuing to post the dates. If we can get an EMM on Oct 21 or Oct 25 that would be great. Would actually prevent me from having to buy another day of CL extra fast passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter