MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • EMM: Mine Train, Peter Pan, Pooh until 8:55ish
  • At park opening: Thunder, Splash standby
  • Back to Fantasyland by 9:45 to make plates & treat this as an early brunch
  • IASW standby, since we're right there
  • Haunted FP
  • Jungle FP (will try to modify to earlier time after using previous FP)
  • Pirates FP (will try to modify to earlier time after using previous FP)
  • Fantasyland rides with whatever 4th, 5th, etc. FPs we can pull up until we're ready to take a break
Thoughts on this plan for the first half of the day?

It's looking like my son might *just* make the 40" mark this trip, so we want to get to Splash and Thunder as early as we can (supposedly you're taller earlier in the day). If he can't get on those, plan B would be to head to Pirates and Jungle instead, and switch to FP/rider swap for Splash/Thunder later in the morning.

Sounds like an awesome morning to me!

We've done something similar. The only thing I didn't like about doing splash before breakfast was being a bit wet, but not the end of the world. We plan it so you're hitting HM FP at the very end of the window so you can then go straight to Jungle FP, then that leaves you just one (Pirates) to modify earlier. Or go see Tiki Birds or something while you wait. :-)

Have fun!

Sounds like an awesome morning to me!

We've done something similar. The only thing I didn't like about doing splash before breakfast was being a bit wet, but not the end of the world. We plan it so you're hitting HM FP at the very end of the window so you can then go straight to Jungle FP, then that leaves you just one (Pirates) to modify earlier. Or go see Tiki Birds or something while you wait. :-)

Have fun!

Thanks!

My kids don't know we're going yet. Still, all my son talks about is when he'll be tall enough for Splash Mountain. Really hope he makes it on. I don't want to get soaked first thing in the morning, but at least it will be hot out.

I figure we'll head to Tomorrowland later in the day since it'll take time to get through Space with rider swap.

It's sort of apples and oranges... but if I had to choose between the two, it'd be MVMCP. Just more bang for the buck. Plus what better way to get in the holiday spirit (if a consideration for you).

That is kinda my thought.

Definitely the MVMCP you get a great parade, beautiful fire works which are only at the parties, and all the free cookies you can eat. Also snow on Main Street and somewhat shorter lines for rides

Another good point.

This is what I was looking for. Opinions of others. We did the MVMCP many years ago and was kind of disappointed. It was so busy and the lines really didn't seem to get shorter. I think we gave up 30 min before midnight. Then the bus nightmare began. Had to wait for a 3rd bus to BWV and it was still standing room only. Kinda hard as I was holding both sleeping daughters.

Last edited:
This is what I was looking for. Opinions of others. We did the MVMCP many years ago and was kind of disappointed. It was so busy and the lines really didn't seem so get shorter. I think we gave up 30 min before midnight. Then the bus nightmare began. Had to wait for the 3rd bus and it was still standing room only. Kinda hard as I was holding both sleeping daughters.

I haven't been to a MVMCP since 2016 (the Sunday night party after Thanksgiving week), but from my perspective your description matches our experience. I find MVMCP sort of annoyingly crowded, particularly in the hub. Between the castle lights, the parade, stage shows, fireworks, snow on Main Street, etc - it's like a constant crowd. MNSSHP does a better job of pushing people further in the park.

But - I love the parade, I love the fireworks show, and I love the holiday vibe - so it's a trade off. We didn't experience any material ride lines for most rides (excluding things like 7DMT) so did a lot of rides on out night.

But it wasn't not-crowded, that's for sure.

(Said as I sit here trying to map out a MVMCP trip for this year....)

Just still waiting for my 11/25 call....am I the only one on here still waiting for that date??

So an update here. For those who remember, my husband decided to join us for our August trip about 2 weeks ago, but EMM was already sold out. I've been checking everyday for the 19th and a spot just opened up so I was able to add him. This will be our 3rd EMM. We are staying at the Grand Floridian this trip, so getting there on time shouldn't be a hassle. So excited!

BTW, I couldn't just add him, I had to physically call in. When I tried to buy his ticket, it kept asking if I wanted to cancel ours.

We attended EMM this morning and so glad we did. We left Pop Century at 7 and arrived in plenty of time to check in and get our bracelets at the gates. We waited about 15 min before they released us. We took it at a leisurely pace... rode PP and SDMT twice and Pooh once. We decided to eat about 8:30. Food was hot and plentiful. We headed into Frontierland at 9, easily riding Haunted Mansion and Splash Mtn with little to no wait. We had a fast pass for BTMR, then headed to Pirates (wait time 20). Then, we fastpassed Jungle Cruise. After canceling a later fast pass for Splash while enjoying Dole Whips, we scored a FP for Space at 1:25. We headed to Ariel’s ride with a 10 min wait, then jumped to Buzz Lightyear with our longest wait of 30 min. We also did the people mover and Carousel of Progress before our Space Mtn. fastpass at 1:25. We could have scored more fast passes afterwards but my family was wiped out and ready for a break.

That was a long-winded explanation to say that being in the parks early helped us do more in one morning of Magic Kingdom than we’ve ever done! We’ll definitely do EMM again! Worth the money in our world!

Isn't the race in the morning? That could be why they still have it. People there for the race will be at the race. Just a thought

The race is in the morning (really early) but depending on the route and where you are going, it can make getting around WDW property much tougher than a typical morning as it will still be going on as people get up / starting going to parks, ADRs, etc. I am not sure if the Wine & Dine course heads out to MK but the Princess Half did and it took nearly an hour to get from BWI to MK that morning (I was trying to arrive at MK at 7:45am that day). It was brutal.

But, very much depends on the course. I only mention all of this just to give a warning to 11/4 EMM folks to keep an eye out when they release the course and maybe build in some extra time if you think you'll be impacted.

We attended EMM this morning and so glad we did. We left Pop Century at 7 and arrived in plenty of time to check in and get our bracelets at the gates. We waited about 15 min before they released us. We took it at a leisurely pace... rode PP and SDMT twice and Pooh once. We decided to eat about 8:30. Food was hot and plentiful. We headed into Frontierland at 9, easily riding Haunted Mansion and Splash Mtn with little to no wait. We had a fast pass for BTMR, then headed to Pirates (wait time 20). Then, we fastpassed Jungle Cruise. After canceling a later fast pass for Splash while enjoying Dole Whips, we scored a FP for Space at 1:25. We headed to Ariel’s ride with a 10 min wait, then jumped to Buzz Lightyear with our longest wait of 30 min. We also did the people mover and Carousel of Progress before our Space Mtn. fastpass at 1:25. We could have scored more fast passes afterwards but my family was wiped out and ready for a break.

That was a long-winded explanation to say that being in the parks early helped us do more in one morning of Magic Kingdom than we’ve ever done! We’ll definitely do EMM again! Worth the money in our world!

Thanks for the review! I've got your linked to Post #3. :thumbsup2

Reactions: CGB
We had a great morning today. We arrived too early. Caught the 630 bus from ASMusic. Not necessary to arrive so early. My 15 year old was starving so he power walked and was first to arrive in Fantasyland only to discover breakfast doesn’t open until 8am.

We rode PP and Pooh, mine train once. 15 year old went to breakfast. I’m surprised there was food left for anyone else. He ate for 1/2 hour. He started with 4 cinnamon rolls and 6 cartons of milk. I tuned him out after that.

The rest of us rode mine train 4 times then joined him at 830. Went back to mine train and 845. Rode twice. Second time with no one else on the train. Peter Pan at 856. We got to Big Thunder at 910am and stood in the longest line of our day. 17 minutes. It’s crazy that they don’t operate both sides. The line was on the bridge when we got in it!

Highly recommend EMM

Reactions: DLo
So an update here. For those who remember, my husband decided to join us for our August trip about 2 weeks ago, but EMM was already sold out. I've been checking everyday for the 19th and a spot just opened up so I was able to add him. This will be our 3rd EMM. We are staying at the Grand Floridian this trip, so getting there on time shouldn't be a hassle. So excited!

BTW, I couldn't just add him, I had to physically call in. When I tried to buy his ticket, it kept asking if I wanted to cancel ours.
Awesome! We are doing this for the 3rd time in November. It is our absolute favorite "extra" and we are looking forward to bringing my parents, best friend and her DD, for their first time. And yes, EMM is treated like a dining reservation, so if you already booked and then tried to book again, it would tell you that you already have a reservation at that time and ask you if you want to cancel. Have a great time!

I also have a DS going in november with me to emm who is also 15 and wondered if it was too babyish for him. but now you just confirmed if it is...there's lots of eating. !!!! ha.

Is it ok to ride 7DMT right after you eat?

Sure - you can do whatever you want if that's what works best for you. They don't start serving breakfast until 8:30AM, just FYI, so you don't have a ton of time. The 7DMT crowd really dies down towards the end of EMM, in my experience, so you can re-ride quicker towards the end.

Sure - you can do whatever you want if that's what works best for you. They don't start serving breakfast until 8:30AM, just FYI, so you don't have a ton of time. The 7DMT crowd really dies down towards the end of EMM, in my experience, so you can re-ride quicker towards the end.

We definitely were eating before 830am yesterday. I suppose they took pity on my hungry kid.

The more I read about this, the more excited I get. I have yet to find anyone that did not enjoy it. Come on November...

We definitely were eating before 830am yesterday. I suppose they took pity on my hungry kid.

Thanks for that. You know what, you’re right. Disney’s website says 8am-10am for breakfast, so I either transposed the text in Post #1 incorrectly or they’ve recently updated the website. Either way, thanks for info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter