MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder to people considering EMM to book as soon as you know your date. Easy to cancel later if your plans change. Our date is May 8 (which I purchased as soon as it became available on the calendar) and it is now sold out. I wouldn't have expected a sell-out on a Tuesday during a "slow" (lol) week at 2 1/2 months in advance.

Hi all- I thought after the first time I read through all of this that Buzz would be a good place to position ourselves at 9:00, ride it once or twice, then maybe Little Mermaid and then eat breakfast around 9:50. However, now looking at the map, Buzz seems pretty far away. It's my son's favorite, and I didn't book a fastpass thinking we would rope drop it, but now am questioning this plan! Any help on experts who are more frequent visitors to give me some idea if Buzz is really that far away? Many thanks!

I’ve been thinking of a plan like this too for 4/15 EMM. My 7 year old son’s favorite is Space Mountain and my 4 year old (42 inches) son’s favorite ride is Buzz. I could FP these later on in the day but like the idea of them having a few rides. I think if I split FP so 1 adult and 4YO (and 1 yr old) go on Buzz and 1 adult goes on Space with 7YO, that could work. And then with rider switch and 4th FP could maybe do second ride for each. I can’t decide though!! It seems like a far walk but going on more than once for their favorites is so appealing! We did a rope drop to Space/Buzz in November and got in 3 rides with no wait before moving on. I was hoping to get in at least 2 rides and then go to breakfast. Then maybe do some rides like dumbo and Barnstormer before using fast passes. If you do Buzz before April 15th, let me know how it goes!

Note to all those looking at the thread and contemplating booking - go ahead and book.

I didn't, and now it's sold out. (Will keep looking and crossing my fingers)

Don't be a Doug, book in advance.

What's your date and how many people? People on this thread are great about looking our for each other and if they see an opening for your date they will post.

I’ve been thinking of a plan like this too for 4/15 EMM. My 7 year old son’s favorite is Space Mountain and my 4 year old (42 inches) son’s favorite ride is Buzz. I could FP these later on in the day but like the idea of them having a few rides. I think if I split FP so 1 adult and 4YO (and 1 yr old) go on Buzz and 1 adult goes on Space with 7YO, that could work. And then with rider switch and 4th FP could maybe do second ride for each. I can’t decide though!! It seems like a far walk but going on more than once for their favorites is so appealing! We did a rope drop to Space/Buzz in November and got in 3 rides with no wait before moving on. I was hoping to get in at least 2 rides and then go to breakfast. Then maybe do some rides like dumbo and Barnstormer before using fast passes. If you do Buzz before April 15th, let me know how it goes!

I can't speak for Space, but it is usually not difficult to get Buzz as a 4th FastPass. I rode it 4 times (1st FP, Multiple Attractions FP, 4th FP, 5th FP) back in mid January using FastPasses (find time and modify repeatedly to move the time up) before I decided to call it a day. I hit 999,999 for the first (and currently only) time on the 3rd go round.

I can't speak for Space, but it is usually not difficult to get Buzz as a 4th FastPass. I rode it 4 times (1st FP, Multiple Attractions FP, 4th FP, 5th FP) back in mid January using FastPasses (find time and modify repeatedly to move the time up) before I decided to call it a day. I hit 999,999 for the first (and currently only) time on the 3rd go round.

Is there a trick to this? I’ve never been able to get a second same day FP for a ride we’ve already had a FP for.

Thanks again for the tips on getting to ride Buzz-my son doesn’t do the coasters, and Buzz is what he is most excited about.
KCF1216- Our date is right before yours, so I’ll post back and let you know if we changed our mind and went for Buzz! Once I shower my son the map and all the walking and back and forth we would do, he understood and seemed happy we could do it another day- but we’ll see!

We had terrible luck with Buzz last week. We had FP for it our first MK day and got it in then, luckily, because the next day it was a zoo. Made me wonder if the ride had been down,although TP doesn't show any offline time for it that day. It was open during the window we had FP for it but the FP line was almost out of Tomorrowland and not moving at all. We ditched those FP and headed elsewhere, which worked fine, but I had hoped to get a 4th FP and come back later--I got several other extra FP but never managed Buzz, even splitting our party up.

Admittedly it was a rough week for MK rides. I was shocked by how frequently things were offline, and then the impact on the FP lines after. (When most/all of the Mountains go down in one day, a LOT of people end up with multiple experience FPs to use!) very grateful that nothing broke down during our EMM, and that we had taken advantage of that time to get several rides in before the breakdowns started!

Is there a trick to this? I’ve never been able to get a second same day FP for a ride we’ve already had a FP for.
I think the main trick is persistence in refreshing. Add in a bit of luck, and also split your group up if needed (for many rides I split us into single riders, but with modifying got us overlapping FP windows--often within 5 minutes of each other).

Some days it just isn't going to happen, though.

I know there isn't a solid answer to this, but how likely do you think they will have EMM on October 28th and November 9th?

I know there isn't a solid answer to this, but how likely do you think they will have EMM on October 28th and November 9th?

This is really difficult to say. Post #2 shows the date history, but the pattern is not entirely consistent.

One obvious trend we saw last year was NO EMM during November and December. In my opinion, this was in all likelihood due to the fact that MVMCP dates moved to a 6pm park closing time, and many of those dates also had 8am park openings (which would eliminate them from being able to be an EMM date).

If MNSSHP ends up with a similar pattern (6pm park closings and more 8am openings than we’ve historically seen), hard to say what Sept/Oct may look like.

At the moment, EMM dates are being released/made bookable on a rolling 180-day pattern, so we’ll have to wait and see for Oct/November.

Hope that helps.

It depends on the ride. You probably are not going to find 7DMT day of (I did once, but that was pure luck), but other rides maybe depending on how crowded the park is and how early you finish your first 3 FPs. You would have a better shot at reriding if you use all your FastPasses in the morning vs. looking for a time mid to late afternoon. Select any time you can find, then click modify and refresh until you see an earlier time, select that time, modify again, refresh until you see an earlier time, rinse and repeat until you get it to a time you are good with.

Also wanted to add that a (potential) perk of keeping the PPO breakfast on the EMM day is that you 100% know that the park opening time won’t change.

On a non-EMM day, you always run the risk that park hours will change, and sometimes the change is announced pretty close to the day.

Yes, a definite benefit from what I'm reading these days.

EMM for March 4th has 4 spots available. It was previously sold out.

Can you tell me how you know there were 4 spots available? Is there a way to check that or did you just search 4 people on March 4th and it showed availability? Just wondering if I'm searching wrong?!?

Can you tell me how you know there were 4 spots available? Is there a way to check that or did you just search 4 people on March 4th and it showed availability? Just wondering if I'm searching wrong?!?

Just keep increasing the number of people in the party you're searching for until it tells you there's no availability. It's a strict 200 cutoff so if 3 spots are left and you search for 3 it will show you an available time to book, but if you search for 4 it will tell you no times are available. For example, I just checked my EMM date, 4/24, and there is only availability for a 1-person party.

It depends on the ride. You probably are not going to find 7DMT day of (I did once, but that was pure luck), but other rides maybe depending on how crowded the park is and how early you finish your first 3 FPs. You would have a better shot at reriding if you use all your FastPasses in the morning vs. looking for a time mid to late afternoon. Select any time you can find, then click modify and refresh until you see an earlier time, select that time, modify again, refresh until you see an earlier time, rinse and repeat until you get it to a time you are good with.

Thanks I'll give it a try.

How likely is it that a date that appears sold out will "open up" due to cancellations? I'm trying to get 4 tickets on 5/1 and am kicking myself for not grabbing it the first time I saw it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter