MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stay offsite. We drive to the TTC, park and ride the monorail to MK at around 7 or a little after. No problem with monorail being open. I was prepared to have to ride the ferry in case monorail wasn't running, but not the case. Don't fret, just remember they have to have a way to get people to MK for early morning EMM and PPO ADR's.
Thank you!

I did not know about EMM during my early stages of planning! We are going to be at MK on April 24th and the EMM sold out. I currently have a PPO BOG ADR, that I would cancel if an EMM spot opens up. Has anyone had been able to book EMM after it sold out? I’m guessing people cancel, is it usually just the day before? I’ve been checking everyday.

You got excellent advice from @Linkura above, but just wanted to add that the cancellation policy for EMM is one day in advance. So keep checking! Good luck. :-)

Thanks for the report (and sorry you had transportation trouble).

If you ever find yourself in similar circumstances, set your Uber destination to CR, not the TTC. That way you can quickly walk to MK from CR vs having to rely on the monorail or ferry at the TTC.

Hope you’re having an otherwise enjoyable trip! :-)
Have people had success taking Uber/Lyft to CR? I thought I’d heard that they were giving Uber/Lyft drivers a bit of trouble unless the passengers had dining reservations at CR. We are doing EMM on 3/4, and I’m planning the best/most reliable way to get there on time coming from The Swan.

Have people had success taking Uber/Lyft to CR? I thought I’d heard that they were giving Uber/Lyft drivers a bit of trouble unless the passengers had dining reservations at CR. We are doing EMM on 3/4, and I’m planning the best/most reliable way to get there on time coming from The Swan.

This wasn’t for EMM, but I took a taxi to CR the morning of 1/2 (about 7:45AM) and walked to MK. The driver told the guard “dropping off” and he waved us right through. I asked the driver to drop us off just past the gate - he pulled over towards the left, kind of in the BLT parking lot. Worked perfectly!

YMMV when it comes to CR security, but it was a non-issue on my morning.

Last edited:

This wasn’t for EMM, but I took a taxi to CR the morning of 1/1 (about 7:45AM) and walked to MK. The driver told the guard “dropping off” and he waved us right through. I asked the driver to drop us off just past the gate - he pulled over towards the left, kind of in the BLT parking lot. Worked perfectly!

YMMV when it comes to CR security, but it was a non-issue on my morning.
Awesome, thanks!

I'd heard that too but our experience on 21 Jan was the same as GADisneyDad14. The car can turn around easily just after the security gate (mind you it was 6.55am) and it was a great place to drop us off. MK security further along the footpath was a breeze and before we knew it, we were in line for EMM.

Post #2 has been updated with what looks to be the known August EMM dates at this point. As always, I appreciate info from folks who may be in a 180+ booking window and can "see the future."

Thanks all!

Hi all- I thought after the first time I read through all of this that Buzz would be a good place to position ourselves at 9:00, ride it once or twice, then maybe Little Mermaid and then eat breakfast around 9:50. However, now looking at the map, Buzz seems pretty far away. It's my son's favorite, and I didn't book a fastpass thinking we would rope drop it, but now am questioning this plan! Any help on experts who are more frequent visitors to give me some idea if Buzz is really that far away? Many thanks!

Hi all- I thought after the first time I read through all of this that Buzz would be a good place to position ourselves at 9:00, ride it once or twice, then maybe Little Mermaid and then eat breakfast around 9:50. However, now looking at the map, Buzz seems pretty far away. It's my son's favorite, and I didn't book a fastpass thinking we would rope drop it, but now am questioning this plan! Any help on experts who are more frequent visitors to give me some idea if Buzz is really that far away? Many thanks!

I personally wouldn't go straight to Buzz then Little Mermaid - Buzz is a bit out of your way and that plan eats up some time walking. If you did go straight to Buzz, I I'd want to also do something more proximate on your "walk back" to breakfast... such as Speedway, Dumbo, Tea Cups, then Little Mermaid, etc. Eg, knock out some other rides in that area since you're there.

Buzz is certainly not a "high priority" ride right at rope drop... it'll be a walk on. It's also often easy to get it as a 4th+ FP later in the day (this can vary though).

Hope that helps!

Are there any vegan options at the breakfast that you know of?

My daughter is allergic to eggs, so while she eats the sausage and bacon, we do other vegan items for her. We asked one of the hostesses, and they had an allergy binder. They offered to make her some vans waffles in the back, two of the breads (banana and another type) were egg free and two of the danishes were egg free. Not sure about dairy in them. There is also fruit.

My daughter is allergic to eggs, so while she eats the sausage and bacon, we do other vegan items for her. We asked one of the hostesses, and they had an allergy binder. They offered to make her some vans waffles in the back, two of the breads (banana and another type) were egg free and two of the danishes were egg free. Not sure about dairy in them. There is also fruit.

:thanks: for the very helpful response @amylevan!

Thank you- we will definitely ask a hostess! My friend is vegan and I feel bad if he paid his way to EMM and there's zero things for him to eat!

Eat breakfast around 8:20 am then head over to Buzz and let your son ride it as many times as he can.

My little son loves the Tomorrowland Speedway. It’s his favorite ride of all time. When he experiences his first EMM this August, I plan to be first in line at 8:55 am and let him ride it until I pass out due to the gas fumes!

Another idea is to ride Buzz during the fireworks. We did one year and it was empty! My boys were the only two on the ride! They rode it several times over and over.

Thanks everyone! I don’t know why I thought Buzz was close enough to do right at 9 and then get back in time for breakfast. I got a HM Fastpass but am now thinking I should try and do that right at 9 and try and FP Buzz later, although I think he’ll like the idea of eating first and then going to Buzz and riding over and over again. My daughter could take or leave Buzz, but would stay on 7DMT and never get off, so that may be the best approach to split up.

I read mixed reports about doing HM right at 9- anyone try that recently and find it works well before breakfast?

Update- son said he’s good without riding Buzz the first day? So speedway (which we weren’t even going to do!) and maybe Ariel it is before breakfast.

Thanks again for the suggestions- I read through this whole thread twice trying to figure out the best plan for 8:55!

I scheduled EMM for August 12th. Now, if I could just get Touring Plans to show me in line for Haunted Mansion before official rope drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter