MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Would leaving our hotel at 6:30 give us plenty of time to get to MK by 7:30?

Just going by Google maps, it says it’s a 16 min drive time between the Best Western Lake Buena Vista and CR.

The walk from CR to MK, including security check, is 10ish-15ish mins, depending on your pace and how many folks are in the security line (there is a dedicated security entrance along the path from CR/BLT to MK).

If I were getting to CR 7:15ish, I’d be happy... so I’d leave BW 6:50ish, 7 at latest.

Note, I have NO personal experience coming from a Disney Springs resort, I’m just going by Google Maps times here. Full disclosure! :-)

I just booked a dummy reservation so I could see +10, 10/21 and 10/23 both look like EMM dates.

Hey there! Just wondering why you’re thinking those are EMM dates. Neither date shows an AM special ticketed event (both show PM special ticketed event for MNSSHP) and the dates are not blue on the EMM booking site.

I arrive on 10/21, so these dates are well within my +10.

Hey there! Just wondering why you’re thinking those are EMM dates. Neither date shows an AM special ticketed event (both show PM special ticketed event for MNSSHP) and the dates are not blue on the EMM booking site.

I arrive on 10/21, so these dates are well within my +10.

Hey! The dates are blue and bookable for 10/21 and 10/23 for me. Odd!

Hey! The dates are blue and bookable for 10/21 and 10/23 for me. Odd!

Oh, you know, I just thought of something. Those dates are within my +10, but I don’t actually hit my 180 until Tuesday. So I’m sure that’s why I can’t see it.

Well, that’s a pretty great turn of events for me and I’ll look forward to booking this on Tuesday morning!! So excited!!!

Oh, you know, I just thought of something. Those dates are within my +10, but I don’t actually hit my 180 until Tuesday. So I’m sure that’s why I can’t see it.

Well, that’s a pretty great turn of events for me and I’ll look forward to booking this on Tuesday morning!! So excited!!!

Cool! I’m still floored those dates won’t be 8AM openings.

I snagged one Columbus Day weekend. Planning bonus!

Just going by Google maps, it says it’s a 16 min drive time between the Best Western Lake Buena Vista and CR.

The walk from CR to MK, including security check, is 10ish-15ish mins, depending on your pace and how many folks are in the security line (there is a dedicated security entrance along the path from CR/BLT to MK).

If I were getting to CR 7:15ish, I’d be happy... so I’d leave BW 6:50ish, 7 at latest.

Note, I have NO personal experience coming from a Disney Springs resort, I’m just going by Google Maps times here. Full disclosure! :-)
That is very helpful, thank you!

I cancelled the HEA dessert party we have booked and booked EMM for Sunday Sept 30. I feel like this is a better splurge for us and will be a fun way to start the trip. Going to keep it a secret from the kiddos.

Last edited:
Just booked Sunday Sept 30. Should be a fun day to start our trip. I just cancelled the HEA dessert party we have booked. I feel like this is a better splurge for us. Going to keep it a secret from the kiddos.

Lol, I love Disney secrets. I don’t tell my kids a lot of stuff either. ;-)

Have fun!

I'll be there at EMM on 10/9 too and cancelled my PPO BOG for that day. If for some strange reason they cancelled EMM and moved opening forward to 8am (I do not see this happening), than the PPO reservation would be useless anyway. I'm very curious to see if, when, and how hours will be adjusted on the now non-EMM days that week. I too have other BOG PPO's booked that week, and I'm now a lot more hopeful that they will stay PPO!

Same boat. Had an 8am BOG on 10/9, dropped it to get EMM... Very curious whether they'll do 8am opening on the non-EMM party days.

I'lI see the two of you there for EMM! (Ok not really but let's just pretend.)

Yay! I just picked up 4 for June 17th after seeing nothing for weeks and weeks. Now that we have it we have to decide if we really want it, since it's in our Beach Club portion of the trip (didn't have it during our CR time which would have been perfect) and it might be better use of money to just add another CL extra FP day instead :confused3. But this is easy, and doesn't require planning the entire day for 6 FPs like that would, and the kids always love it, so maybe we'll stick with it. It was just exciting to actually see the availability pop up when I hit refresh - I had just been expecting no availability like usual! It's a fun feeling :goodvibes

I am so excited!! I didn’t even know about this! I love the Dis! We fly in on 10/13 and this is my kids first trip to WDW and I was able to book EMM for 10/14. What a wonderful way to start off our vacation!!

There are at least 14 spots open on June 17th, it wouldn't let me check for more than that. So I wasn't just lucky, they must have opened more spots that day unless a large group cancelled or something like that.

There are at least 14 spots open on June 17th, it wouldn't let me check for more than that. So I wasn't just lucky, they must have opened more spots that day unless a large group cancelled or something like that.
I’m glad you got a spot! :wizard:
It was one of the best days of our trip last summer!!
I hope it was due to cancellations and not additional spots. There seemed to be just enough people there to be able to keep riding what you wanted with no wait.
I hope they keep the same numbers they’ve been having.
Any word on increasing capacity?

We did EMM this past Sunday. I thought it was well worth the price and would consider it again (we took a first time Disney family and they were in awe of the experience). We got to the bus stop at the Boardwalk a little after 7, had a to wait 10 minutes or so and were in line at MK by 7:45. I would have preferred to be at the front of the line but we everything worked out. We stopped for a castle picture. Main Street was still crowded with it just opening. We didn't realize there was a photographer at the side of the castle (you enter fantasyland on the Liberty Square side) NO lines or people in the background for that photographer. Carousel was open and we went right to Mine Train. Probably a 2 or 3 minute wait- rode it a couple of times then did PP and Winnie the Pooh. Took a bathroom break and back on the Mine Train- it was close to 8:45 and there was no wait- we got right on and back on a few times. We then walked down to the Tea Cups which were running but we decided to just wait and get a head start on Space Mountain. We were able to beat the rush and got on with a 5-10 minute wait. Was able to do Buzz with no wait. Probably could have done 1 more ride but we headed to breakfast at about 9:40. Still very plentiful and plenty of seating. We then headed to Little Mermaid, Barnstormer, Dumbo and then for our Thunder Mountain fast pass at 11:30. It was a great experience!

We did EMM this past Sunday. I thought it was well worth the price and would consider it again (we took a first time Disney family and they were in awe of the experience). We got to the bus stop at the Boardwalk a little after 7, had a to wait 10 minutes or so and were in line at MK by 7:45. I would have preferred to be at the front of the line but we everything worked out. We stopped for a castle picture. Main Street was still crowded with it just opening. We didn't realize there was a photographer at the side of the castle (you enter fantasyland on the Liberty Square side) NO lines or people in the background for that photographer. Carousel was open and we went right to Mine Train. Probably a 2 or 3 minute wait- rode it a couple of times then did PP and Winnie the Pooh. Took a bathroom break and back on the Mine Train- it was close to 8:45 and there was no wait- we got right on and back on a few times. We then walked down to the Tea Cups which were running but we decided to just wait and get a head start on Space Mountain. We were able to beat the rush and got on with a 5-10 minute wait. Was able to do Buzz with no wait. Probably could have done 1 more ride but we headed to breakfast at about 9:40. Still very plentiful and plenty of seating. We then headed to Little Mermaid, Barnstormer, Dumbo and then for our Thunder Mountain fast pass at 11:30. It was a great experience!
Sounds like a great time! Did you have to wait long for the castle picture?

Sounds like a great time! Did you have to wait long for the castle picture?
No not at all- it just wasn't as empty as I had hoped! There was no wait for the side castle picture but my troop was getting restless with the thought of another picture so we skipped that one!

Does anyone know if they check the names to the reservations? I have 4 spots reserved in June and had assigned them to myself, my DH and 2 kids. Now I’m think about taking 2 friends instead of my Dh and son going with us. They’re all adult price tickets so it doesn’t matter for that. Just wondering if I need to call and have the names changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter