That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up; A Feb. '21 birthday TR with a little "extra" thrown in *LINK TO NEW TR! 10/9!*

And no we didn't each get two drinks, @Jenny Sanders and Joe were with us!
Are you sure????
However before we did that we visited some furry, scaly, and horny friends
I know people like that.
Have you seen the new little goat area at the end? It's supposed to be the wardens cabin
I just heard about it... like a day or three ago.
Yak & Yeti is basically stating their too busy these days with limited capacity to seat Landry's members right away.
Well, poop.
in July but we waited about 20 minutes in Nov. and I think about 30 this day? I mean all in all not bad for getting a TS with no reservation but still a tad annoying.
Actually... yeah, that's not bad at all.
I do not usually eat wonton soup as I'm more a hot and sour or miso soup girl, but this was fantastic!
Good to know! I love both wonton and hot & sour. Thanks for that!
Oh but before lunch we all rode EE; I pretty much forced Jen since it was my birthday so she HAD to.
:laughing:
you can see how thrilled she was
Looks like she's having so much fun. ;)
I know it seems like we didn't do that much and I guess maybe we didn't;
And that's a pretty awesome way to spend time at AK.
Is this my absolute favorite Italian restaurant on property? YES. Did we have an absolute blast again? YES! Stay tuned!
popcorn::

Love your AK day. Nice and relaxing with plenty of food and drink and then you just throw an EE to shake things, and people ( mostly Jen by the look of that photo 🤣) up a bit! Kudos to Jen for surviving EE 👍
Can’t wait to hear about Il Mullino. Been tempted to eat there many times but haven’t actually done so. Maybe next trip :goodvibes

Ok we didn't quite start out that way but we got there fast! And no we didn't each get two drinks, @Jenny Sanders and Joe were with us! We all got the Dawa Bloody Mary except Joe who got the pretty peach drink.
Since I am not a Bloody Mary girl, I'd go for Joe's pretty peach drink!
It was not park opening but the safari is pretty much always the first place I go :) Have you seen the new little goat area at the end? It's supposed to be the wardens cabin
I just heard about this. Lokks like a great addition!
We started with - what else?
I spy a Yak Attack! My fave.... :)
We did another safari after we left because the 2nd time is twice as nice! Oh but before lunch we all rode EE; I pretty much forced Jen since it was my birthday so she HAD to. While I look horrendous in the picture you can see how thrilled she was but kudos for taking one for the team!
Poor Jenny but that picture is hilarious! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Is this my absolute favorite Italian restaurant on property? YES. Did we have an absolute blast again? YES! Stay tuned!
Oh yum! Can't wait to hear all about it! Il Mulino is definitely on my must do list.

Aww...another great day so far. We did see the new goat setup last month and I was too slow to capture much of it on camera because I wasn't expecting it. It's cut though. We did see a lot of the baby rhino though...so that was cool.

I have yet to try Y&Y or Il Mulino...still. Maybe I'll see about Y&Y for June and maybe Il Mulino later this month? We'll see.

What a lovely AK day!! Even if it seems like you “didn’t do a lot” it sounds like a really fun time.

Funny enough, that beer in your picture is from a brewery local to where I grew up! Golden Monkey is a very strong beer, but very good.

And many kudos to Jenny for braving a most dangerous mountain for your birthday. Haha!

@Jenny Sanders and Joe were with us! We all got the Dawa Bloody Mary except Joe who got the pretty peach drink.
These were so good!!!

Oh but before lunch we all rode EE; I pretty much forced Jen since it was my birthday so she HAD to. While I look horrendous in the picture you can see how thrilled she was but kudos for taking one for the team!
You're so welcome!!! Anything for you.

Ours too now!

The last time we ate at Yak & Yeti we sat at the bar and ate pot stickers. I had a Yak Attack and the bartender dispensed the drink from a huge frozen slush machine. I was surprised that the drink was mixed in a machine like that since it comes out in layers of different colors.

Are you sure????
I am :thumbsup2 Now if we were talking about the night at Jaleo- I would absolutely NOT be sure!
Actually... yeah, that's not bad at all.
No it's really not; just a bit frustrating and annoying since we do have the card and should be treated special :snooty:
Kudos to Jen for surviving EE 👍
Ha! I did say after begging her that it was ok if she didn't want to ride; she was a birthday trooper!
Can’t wait to hear about Il Mullino. Been tempted to eat there many times but haven’t actually done so. Maybe next trip
Put it on your list! Amazing every time we go
I spy a Yak Attack! My fave.... :)
Now that I've tried the Kiwi Komono I prefer that but I did start out with the Yak Attack the first few times I went there!
Oh yum! Can't wait to hear all about it! Il Mulino is definitely on my must do list.
You need to go! Put it on your list for either August or December!
I have yet to try Y&Y or Il Mulino...still. Maybe I'll see about Y&Y for June and maybe Il Mulino later this month? We'll see.
OK you're the 3rd in a row - GO! it's unbelievable! We have never had a bad experience!
This day sounds hard to beat! Drinks and relaxing and a ride with my favorite dancing Yeti. Happy Birthday indeed!!!
Oh how I do wish he still danced!

Even if it seems like you “didn’t do a lot” it sounds like a really fun time.
That's exactly it. I've found that all the times we've been to AK post-COVID we don't do TONS but in many cases we spend more time there than pre-COVID and also go slower. And enjoy it more :)
Funny enough, that beer in your picture is from a brewery local to where I grew up! Golden Monkey is a very strong beer, but very good.
Cool! He's gotten that there before and really likes it. I'm not a beer person and when I used to be it was light beer lol so I don't think it would be for me.
Ours too now!
Are you going back in July?
The last time we ate at Yak & Yeti we sat at the bar and ate pot stickers. I had a Yak Attack and the bartender dispensed the drink from a huge frozen slush machine. I was surprised that the drink was mixed in a machine like that since it comes out in layers of different colors.
I do love those pot stickers!
I didn't know that about the drink and it does seem strange but I guess they make it work!

Well that was a fun few hours there with no DIS wasn't it? It was like, we were all banned or something :rolleyes1
For all who celebrate I hope you had a nice Easter!

Ricky came home to see his niece and so we could celebrate his birthday which is Thursday

And now he's back at school for another month to finish his freshman year!

I left off about to go into our Il Mulino dinner! A few of you said you'd never eaten there but it's on your list- you need to GO! This is not like Via Napoli or Trattoria or even the Italian restaurants in DS; it's another level. We do usually dress nice since technically it's a signature but we did go once in park clothes when we ran late and it was fine.
Tonight we were on time! We requested a table outside so waited maybe 10 minutes; it was so pretty out on their patio!

This doesn't do it justice. We had all our friends with us and it was a first time for @Jenny Sanders and Joe, who also gave me a really great bag full of fun and sweet birthday gifts!

After we ordered we had a little photo shoot compliments of Joe:

Our servers were great! We started out with one server and then his partner in training joined. We were joking around with both of them like crazy they were playing off each other and it was hysterical! I have super bad food pictures but if you've read any of my old dining reports - oh wait, not quite Cruella's dining reports lol- but you may have seen food pics before. This was a fantastic night with friends and our last dinner with Melinda and R. We closed the restaurant down as we often do; the manager ended up coming out around 10:30 with both servers and chatting with us. She was friendly and fun but I think it was like an underhanded "we're so glad you came and spent lots of money! Now you're our last table here so please GO HOME" lol.

I did have a special birthday dessert

And our servers joined in the singing:

I really can't even say if this or Jaleo was a better night because I loved them both and will never forget either! We had one more day and night left (or did we.....) with another special dinner; now all of you with upcoming trips go and get an ADR for Il Mulino!

We closed the restaurant down as we often do; the manager ended up coming out around 10:30 with both servers and chatting with us. She was friendly and fun but I think it was like an underhanded "we're so glad you came and spent lots of money! Now you're our last table here so please GO HOME" lol.
What a wonderful way to spend your birthday. It sounds like everyone had a great time. :)

Well that was a fun few hours there with no DIS wasn't it? It was like, we were all banned or something :rolleyes1
I presume you know what actually, happened, yes?
Awwww. :)
A few of you said you'd never eaten there but it's on your list- you need to GO!
Okay! :)
We do usually dress nice since technically it's a signature but we did go once in park clothes when we ran late and it was fine.
Thanks for the tip.
Our servers were great! We started out with one server and then his partner in training joined.
"Who promptly spilled an entire tray of drinks down Jenny's back, who didn't seem to mind as she wrung her shirt out into an empty glass."

No?
We were joking around with both of them like crazy they were playing off each other and it was hysterical!
Okay, that's better. :)
We closed the restaurant down as we often do; the manager ended up coming out around 10:30 with both servers and chatting with us. She was friendly and fun but I think it was like an underhanded "we're so glad you came and spent lots of money! Now you're our last table here so please GO HOME" lol.
:laughing:

Now that I've tried the Kiwi Komono I prefer that but I did start out with the Yak Attack the first few times I went there!
That sounds delicious! I will definitely have to try it.
You need to go! Put it on your list for either August or December!
Absolutely! I think we will check it in December as it seems like a great spot for a romantic dinner. :)
Ricky came home to see his niece and so we could celebrate his birthday which is Thursday
Love the bond they have! Happy early 19th to Ricky!
Our servers were great! We started out with one server and then his partner in training joined. We were joking around with both of them like crazy they were playing off each other and it was hysterical! I have super bad food pictures but if you've read any of my old dining reports - oh wait, not quite Cruella's dining reports lol- but you may have seen food pics before. This was a fantastic night with friends and our last dinner with Melinda and R. We closed the restaurant down as we often do; the manager ended up coming out around 10:30 with both servers and chatting with us. She was friendly and fun but I think it was like an underhanded "we're so glad you came and spent lots of money! Now you're our last table here so please GO HOME" lol.
I bet you guys had the best time.....so fun!
I really can't even say if this or Jaleo was a better night because I loved them both and will never forget either! We had one more day and night left (or did we.....) with another special dinner; now all of you with upcoming trips go and get an ADR for Il Mulino!
Now I will have to make sure I check out both!

After the safari we decided to eat and used our handy dandy Landry's card to treat Jen and Joe to a fast, no reservation needed ts meal.

After reading this I went ahead & purchased a Landry card for our May 1-6 trip. Hoping this will help with a meal on our AK day since all ADRs are gone.

Looking forward to more.

For all who celebrate I hope you had a nice Easter!

We did have a nice Easter with crawfish and family on Good Friday. It looks like yours was great too.

And now he's back at school for another month to finish his freshman year!

Can you believe how fast this year went by? Danielle has 3 1/2 weeks of her senior year left.

After we ordered we had a little photo shoot compliments of Joe:

Lovely ladies and lovely photos!

What a wonderful way to spend your birthday. It sounds like everyone had a great time. :)
I think it's safe to say everyone did :goodvibes
I presume you know what actually, happened, yes?
Yes! Well, I mean.....I know what Facebook said happened?
I honestly was so busy that day I didn't know it happened until someone texted me. Then I read about it on FB. Then I kept checking; and then it was back up.
You got some more info :hyper2:
Love the bond they have! Happy early 19th to Ricky!
I love when she firsts sees him, especially now that he's away. She gets this huge smile and then runs to him!
Looks like another fun filled dinner with friends! You guys never seem to have a dull meal. Love that your service and food were both good!
You know we rarely do! Sometimes after a night like Jaleo we'll have a quiet dinner lol as it's needed, but otherwise they're usually a bit "loud" :rotfl:
Il Mulino was on my list last trip but we never made it. I’m definitely going to try it out next trip. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!
Oh you definitely need to go! It's amazing; so different than all the other Italian restaurants on property.
After reading this I went ahead & purchased a Landry card for our May 1-6 trip. Hoping this will help with a meal on our AK day since all ADRs are gone.
It will help! Even when we've had to wait the alternative would be getting turned away so at least you'll get to eat there!
We did have a nice Easter with crawfish and family on Good Friday. It looks like yours was great too.
Sounds nice! Our day was good; Steve's brother and his wife and our nephew came too and they hadn't come for Xmas so we were happy about that.
Can you believe how fast this year went by? Danielle has 3 1/2 weeks of her senior year left.
So fast! I guess it's better than how slow early 2022 went but ugh, 3 years till Chris is in college and 3 now till Ricky is out :( Congrats to Danielle!! Ricky is done right before Mother's Day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter