That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up; A Feb. '21 birthday TR with a little "extra" thrown in *LINK TO NEW TR! 10/9!*

We saw the birds in China, very cool, a first for us as well. I wonder if it is a June thing. This was our first June trip.
It was our first time to Disney in June too! We did Universal last June. So maybe it is? We'll see if they're there in August!
can’t quite remember but I think the windows have some significant meaning for that time period in Liberty Square.
Yes! As @Steppesister said the 2 lanterns refer to Paul Revere and the whole "1 if by land 2 if by sea"; the rifle in the window signified a Minuteman lived in the home and was present and ready to go fight if needed!

A bit of a (non) surprise update
pixiedust:

Ahem. So you know how I was lamenting that I won't have a TR to write until our 50th anniversary trip the end of Sept? And that it's weird for me not to be going for another like 3 months?
Welp then they announced the return of fireworks and while I'm not a fan of HEA, Steve and I did try to book a quick 2-nighter for next week just to see them, but flights are 100% ridiculous and I didn't care enough to want the trip that bad. So Sept. 29th remained the next time I'd see WDW.

WELP, then the other day it was announced that CITRICOS is reopening in 14 days!!!!!! Any of you who have followed along on my reports for awhile and/or read my dining reports know that not only do we LOVE Citricos but we adore Rony, a server there, who takes wonderful care of us and pretty much feels like a friend :goodvibes We have not been able to find him at any reopened dining venue post-COVID and we've asked tons of servers about him; I even asked around a bit in a FB group for furloughed CM's. Nothing and we really miss him and think of him whenever we're down there. So when I heard they're reopening I cried; first because they "reimagined" it with some Mary Poppins theming and then because Rony will hopefully be back! So what, really, was the next logical step?
Disney's Gran Destino Tower
August 7-12
Me and Steve
2 dinner reservations at Citricos:banana:

All the folk booking quick trips for the fireworks return and rejoicing over Casey's being open again (which I am happy out) and yes, we did book a trip just to return to a favorite restaurant! Of course I booked a few other faves like Il Mulino and House of Blues and we're trying a new to us Paradiso 37 in my quest to try all Disney restaurants with a couple exceptions I have no desire to go to. And F&W booths too!

Rony, my good friend Melinda @pepperandchips and myself at Citricos in 2019:

That's it for now as I need to get ready to go babysit and play with my/Hayden's new Barbie Dream House we got her for her birthday last week:

What?? The boys never let me buy them one :rotfl2:

You were the first person I thought of when I heard about Citricos reopening!! (and being rethemed, even slightly!) So excited for you to get to go back so soon :)

I always wanted a Barbie dream house!!!!!! My Dad put a bookshelf in my room and told me, "there! Now Barbie and her friends can live in this two-flat."

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Delighted you are getting to go to Citrico’s and hopefully Rony will be there. 🤞
I really hope so! We did book for 2 nights so if he isn't there the first night we'll ask if he'll be there the 2nd :)
So... which are those????
In no particular order:
Planet Hollywood in DS - been to others in other places and while we didn't dislike it, I don't feel like wasting a Disney meal there
T-Rex-I did hear the nachos are delish so we may end up here but probably only when we got with grandkids
Storybook Dining at Artist Point-was at THE Artist Point and loved it but now just kind of refuse to go as a protest of sorts :rolleyes1

I had girls... so I played with a play house quite a bit. :laughing:
I am jealous!!!

ou were the first person I thought of when I heard about Citricos reopening!! (and being rethemed, even slightly!) So excited for you to get to go back so soon :)
[/QUOTE]
LOL we were contemplating a quick August trip and then when this was announced it was a no brainer!
I always wanted a Barbie dream house!!!!!! My Dad put a bookshelf in my room and told me, "there! Now Barbie and her friends can live in this two-flat."
OMG :rotfl2: sounds like something my dad would have done if he thought of it :laughing:

In no particular order:
Planet Hollywood in DS - been to others in other places and while we didn't dislike it, I don't feel like wasting a Disney meal there
T-Rex-I did hear the nachos are delish so we may end up here but probably only when we got with grandkids
Storybook Dining at Artist Point-was at THE Artist Point and loved it but now just kind of refuse to go as a protest of sorts :rolleyes1
Throw in Rainforest at AK and our lists are very similar.

WELP, then the other day it was announced that CITRICOS is reopening in 14 days!!!!!! Any of you who have followed along on my reports for awhile and/or read my dining reports know that not only do we LOVE Citricos but we adore Rony, a server there, who takes wonderful care of us and pretty much feels like a friend :goodvibes We have not been able to find him at any reopened dining venue post-COVID and we've asked tons of servers about him; I even asked around a bit in a FB group for furloughed CM's. Nothing and we really miss him and think of him whenever we're down there. So when I heard they're reopening I cried; first because they "reimagined" it with some Mary Poppins theming and then because Rony will hopefully be back! So what, really, was the next logical step?
I thought of you immediately when the news broke. So exciting! What are your thoughts on the retheming? I am good with it as long as it is subtle like they did with Enchanted Rose.
August 7-12
Me and Steve
Yay!!!!!! So happy that our trips will overlap!! Jack and I are at CSR on August 7th and are planning on eating at Three Bridges and then have cocktails at Dahlia Lounge! And we have Citricos booked on August 14th for Jack's 21st birthday dinner! @buzzrelly, did you see this exciting news?
All the folk booking quick trips for the fireworks return and rejoicing over Casey's being open again (which I am happy out) and yes, we did book a trip just to return to a favorite restaurant! Of course I booked a few other faves like Il Mulino and House of Blues and we're trying a new to us Paradiso 37 in my quest to try all Disney restaurants with a couple exceptions I have no desire to go to. And F&W booths too!
I am really looking forward to F&W for the first time. :)
What?? The boys never let me buy them one :rotfl2:
As a fellow mother of all boys, I would do exactly the same thing!

Very excited for your "surprise" trip. I saw that about Citricos and have to admit I was tempted to go back just for that too. I wish other dining would open up in the next two weeks but since we have such a short time at Disney we'll likely be doing some snacking for meals so we can squeeze in as much park stuff as possible in ONE park day!

Regarding your restaurants to avoid...T-Rex was one we have enjoyed a few times in the past. Sure having kids to take there makes it much better but the few times we visited we actually had some pretty good meals. They used to have some great ribs...but we haven't been there in a few years.

And I get your protest for Artist Point but honestly Storybook Dining was one of our favorite meals when we did it and I really wish they would bring it back.

That's it for now as I need to get ready to go babysit and play with my/Hayden's new Barbie Dream House we got her for her birthday last week:
The Barbie Dream house is amazing. I hope you have many fun-filled hours playing with Hayden. :)

I was pleased to hear that Citricos was reopening. We will probably eat there when we are at the WL in January. The walking path from MK to GF makes it really easy to travel between WL and GF, since you don't need to worry about a second form of Disney transportation.

We are usually anxious to go back to Disney, especially when resorts have great discounts at the end of August. But we decided to expand our horizons and go somewhere we have never been before. I have always wanted to go to Maine and now we have booked a trip in September. :) We have never been to the Northeast before and this will be a first for us. :)

So happy you're getting a surprise trip to enjoy some favorites. Be on the lookout for DD. She is working the Festival Booths at Epcot.

Throw in Rainforest at AK and our lists are very similar.
I would have that on my list except we did eat there (in AK though) a few years back at the request of the boys. I protested but I had also told them to each pick a restaurant lol. It was not bad at all; not somewhere I need to return to unless someone else begs in the future but the burgers were good. I consider it "done" since I did the AK one even though I didn't go to the one in DS since they are the same!
I thought of you immediately when the news broke. So exciting! What are your thoughts on the retheming? I am good with it as long as it is subtle like they did with Enchanted Rose.
So it doesn't look bad; it does look subtle and I do like Mary Poppins! I just like that SOME really great restaurants are left alone. I'm glad they didn't change the menu to the same offerings that are on lots of other menus. Rony told us quite awhile ago it was on the slate to be redone and possibly become a character meal which he was not happy about so I'm glad they didn't go that far!
Yay!!!!!! So happy that our trips will overlap!! Jack and I are at CSR on August 7th and are planning on eating at Three Bridges and then have cocktails at Dahlia Lounge! And we have Citricos booked on August 14th for Jack's 21st birthday dinner! @buzzrelly, did you see this exciting news?
I forgot we'd be there the same time! Now I do have to tell you we've already changed to the WL lol. Yesterday Steve was looking on my work site again and besides GDT and AOA it suddenly popped up for hardly any more than GDT so we switched :goodvibes But we will compare our days and see when we can meet up and hopefully do so for a drink!
As a fellow mother of all boys, I would do exactly the same thing!
Right? I had more fun with all the boy "things" than I ever thought I would but you cannot beat a Barbie Dream House! Ricky stopped by while I was babysitting and she gave him a tour of it as well lol
I saw that about Citricos and have to admit I was tempted to go back just for that too. I wish other dining would open up in the next two weeks
Me too! As happy and excited as I am that another signature is finally reopening they need to continue. I have no doubt all or at least most restaurants will be opened by the 50th- and as they announce those I'll be changing our dining for the 50th each time they reopen a signature lol!
Regarding your restaurants to avoid...T-Rex was one we have enjoyed a few times in the past. Sure having kids to take there makes it much better but the few times we visited we actually had some pretty good meals. They used to have some great ribs...but we haven't been there in a few years.

And I get your protest for Artist Point but honestly Storybook Dining was one of our favorite meals when we did it and I really wish they would bring it back.
I know; they just aren't at the top of my list and it's hard to book them when there are so many AT the top! I did hear T-Rex food is good; as for Storybook Dining honestly the menu doesn't thrill me other than the mushroom soup so between that and characters which we don't really do anymore it's not that appealing. Just about everyone I know who has gone loves it though!
The Barbie Dream house is amazing. I hope you have many fun-filled hours playing with Hayden. :)
Thank you! Ricky stopped by while I was babysitting and got the dream house tour lol and she showed him their disco room :laughing:
We are usually anxious to go back to Disney, especially when resorts have great discounts at the end of August. But we decided to expand our horizons and go somewhere we have never been before. I have always wanted to go to Maine and now we have booked a trip in September. :) We have never been to the Northeast before and this will be a first for us. :)
I get it; it is hard to veer from Disney though! We're doing the same as you in a few weeks when the 4 of us go to Punta Cana for the first time and we're all super excited - even Chris says he's looking forward to it.
It's been a few years since we have been to Maine but it's very pretty and idyllic and lots of it feels deserted. The first time I went I was 17 and my parents did a whole New England beach trip and added in a stop to Bangor Maine so I could see Stephen Kings house.
So happy you're getting a surprise trip to enjoy some favorites. Be on the lookout for DD. She is working the Festival Booths at Epcot.
I thought about her after I saw your FB post! I definitely will look for her and then tell her I know her mom from social media lol

I forgot we'd be there the same time! Now I do have to tell you we've already changed to the WL lol. Yesterday Steve was looking on my work site again and besides GDT and AOA it suddenly popped up for hardly any more than GDT so we switched :goodvibes But we will compare our days and see when we can meet up and hopefully do so for a drink!
Nothing beats the Lodge! Jack and I are at CSR on the 7th for the express purpose of eating at Three Bridges, lol! Then we are at the Boardwalk from the 8th to the 11th and finally at Boulder Ridge from the 11th to the 15th!
Right? I had more fun with all the boy "things" than I ever thought I would but you cannot beat a Barbie Dream House! Ricky stopped by while I was babysitting and she gave him a tour of it as well lol
I did enjoy the "boy things" too, particularly the lego and the Thomas trains. Barbies are a whole other level of fun though!

I would have that on my list except we did eat there (in AK though) a few years back at the request of the boys. I protested but I had also told them to each pick a restaurant lol. It was not bad at all; not somewhere I need to return to unless someone else begs in the future but the burgers were good. I consider it "done" since I did the AK one even though I didn't go to the one in DS since they are the same!
I've been to the one in Minneapolis too many times. It was a "must do" when the girls were little (and again, when DD was 16 or so.)
I have no desire to ever set foot in the AK one.

but flights are 100% ridiculous

^This.
Glad I bought mine early before they just went nutso.

So when I heard they're reopening I cried; first because they "reimagined" it with some Mary Poppins theming and then because Rony will hopefully be back! So what, really, was the next logical step?
I am anxious to see this new theming. Even if just in TRs. I love all things Mary Poppins as it's the first movie I remember seeing in the theaters as tiny tot.

August 7-12
Me and Steve

Seems legit logical to me!!

That's it for now as I need to get ready to go babysit and play with my/Hayden's new Barbie Dream House we got her for her birthday last

A little slice of Heaven for sure!!

And I hope you both enjoy the Dream House 🏠 🥰.
Ha! We are and Ricky enjoyed the tour his niece gave him too lol
Nothing beats the Lodge! Jack and I are at CSR on the 7th for the express purpose of eating at Three Bridges, lol! Then we are at the Boardwalk from the 8th to the 11th and finally at Boulder Ridge from the 11th to the 15th!
OK well our dates changed too lol which I'll post but since we're at WL we will both be there the 11-13th!
LOL! Mine didn't let me either, so I just had to buy the girl's one!!!!
:rotfl: at least you had the option!
Glad I bought mine early before they just went nutso.
It is ridiculous! Since I do airfare for lots of destinations daily I see the changes and it is unbelievable.
I am anxious to see this new theming. Even if just in TRs. I love all things Mary Poppins as it's the first movie I remember seeing in the theaters as tiny tot.
I do love Mary Poppins too; I miss the Mary topiary that used to be outside the resort that you could see from the monorail. I don't think it'll be overwhelming? I guess they are trying to bring more people in.

Hope everyone had a great 4th- if you're in the US! On Saturday we took my mom out to dinner for her birthday along with my sisters middle DS who is up visiting from Georgia:

Here he is with Ricky; Chris quickly removed himself from within view of the phone as he's just about strictly #nophotosplease.
Then yesterday Steve and I did a bunch of shopping for a combination of new furniture and stuff for our Punta Cana trip because as of today we are two weeks out from that :worship: I really cannot wait! In the meantime we did change our August Disney trip just a little bit.
First the dates are altered and are now August 9-13th; still 4 nights. And after continuously checking my rates I get for resorts Steve saw a WL pop up so we are now in a Courtyard view room there and I couldn't be happier! It means more Geyser Point, a chance to see the refurbed rooms and also proximity to Susan @suse66 and her DS for a couple nights while they are at BRV. Susan and I did meet up a few years back during HS after hours:

And I'm looking forward to saying hello again!
For now let me try getting one more Thanksgiving 2020 post in before calling it quits.....

You know back then I was SO happy to be able to be visiting-and I'm still so happy we did all those trips in 2020 and early 2021- but now I'm looking at these 2 pictures thinking UGH! These would be wonderful if there weren't any masks!!!

The first is at the GF before our Narcoossee's dinner and the boys are outside Jungle (Jingle) Cruise in the 2nd one. So Narcoossee's was our last full night and then we had a little more time in the MK and this was Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. The holidays were on full display that day and we caught all the cavalcades:

And the BIG GUY- appropriate that I waited till now to post since it's what some like to call CHRISTMAS IN JULY 🇺🇲 🎅

This was also when I lost it with Ricky which sucked overall but also because usually our last day ends up being one of our best. It was nothing at all, just an 18 year old flexing his independence after being cooped up with his family for a few days and forgetting who pays for him to flex that independence at college 💰and a mom who was tired of that so it ended quickly. Just looking through the pictures again brought it to mind lol!

Obviously Steve and I have been back multiple times since our Thanksgiving trip but the kids have not and at this point I don't foresee a WDW trip for them again this year, so very happy we have these great COVID Disney memories. Overall it really was a very good trip and a nice change from all our adult only stays ❤

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter