• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up; A Feb. '21 birthday TR with a little "extra" thrown in *LINK TO NEW TR! 10/9!*

The world showcase Mickeys are just so cute--I love the Italian one with the little moustache!!
Do you know that they had like NONE in any country this trip? Well they had the Canada one and then the German Minnie but that's it. I asked a couple times and it's all a supply issue, they haven't gotten any shipments in awhile and don't know when they will :(
You know I love me some Tony's :love:
LOL I know! And we may get there at some point but we did not end up eating there this trip! Because you know I love me some plan changes!
I'm finally caught up again and you're leaving. I hope you have a fabulous trip. The plans so far sound really good .

Be safe!
Hello there! It's hard when you fall behind to get caught up; you read and look and start to type but then it gets exhausting :laughing: We did change plans a bit here and there and we certainly felt the crowds for the first time since reopening but it was wonderful to be there :goodvibes
I have emerged from my food poisoning coma and a week later am finally feeling normal. I couldn't think or look at food for a bit but I'm back now and as usual you didn't disappoint.
Ew so glad you're better! And as always I'm just doin' my job!
I like the curly hair. Yours lays so much nicer than mine. Of course you'd probably tell me you like mine when I hate it.
Thanks! The picture lies though it does NOT lay nice nor stay nice once I arrange it.
Sorry the meal was a bit of a bust but these look delicious. I love, love, love cheese curds and you can rarely find them around here.
The cheese curds were delicious! But yeah it's just really a last minute, nowhere else to go type of place in my opinion.
Did you just use the word yummy with a salad with arugula in it???????? Wonders never cease
Um I did but the yummy came after I ate the other stuff and shoved the thing of arugula at Steve :P
You should see how much stuff non-shopping me has purchased. It's mostly for Casey but I have without question overdone it. Have a new shirt and/or ears for her for every day of the trip. Even found myself a Nomad Lounge shirt.
Wow where did you get that?? I have the Jock Lindsay's shirt I bought there but haven't seen a Nomad one! For you wearing a Disney shirt at all is like WHOA!
Let me know how this works out. I've been wondering if there is any trouble with the Landry's card since they still aren't at capacity.
Well we didn't eat there this trip but have about 3x since reopening and it's a crapshoot. Once we got right in; once we had to wait about 20 minutes and once like 40 because they said they weren't seating Landry's members before those with reservations >:( I'm hoping as capacity in the restaurants increases and gets to 100% and more restaurants open they go back to treating us as the royalty we are.
Oh can't wait to hear about this one too! Jenny and I are eating here in exactly 22 days. Cannot wait!
Well....you gotta wait a little longer because surprise! We didn't eat there!

Hi all! We're back from our trip as of last night after a delay on our flight home and just an overall bad-transportation- but-happy-to-be-there trip! I won't be doing a whole TR but I will share a few high points and pictures as well as finish up the end of our Thanksgiving 2020 trip!

Some of this trips' highlights were being able to see Renee @ArielSRL as well as hanging out and talking for a good amount of time with Caroline @disneyAndi14! And then I got to meet another DISer when @WishesQueen recognized me in line behind her and her DH for MMRR :goodvibes We had about a 30 or so minute wait and we chatted about NY where we all live, our kids, and of course Disney and also rode in the same railway car before saying good-bye. So nice to meet you Annette!

We did eat some really good food and enjoyed some pool time too

I'll be back soon with another update!

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great trip! I will be eager to hear your thoughts on CSR as we are there on arrival night in a standard room. Any recommendations for pool drinks? BTW, I booked my plane tickets on Sunday.... it's official! 58 days and counting. :)

Hi all! We're back from our trip
Welcome back!
Some of this trips' highlights were being able to see Renee @ArielSRL as well as hanging out and talking for a good amount of time with Caroline @disneyAndi14!
Very nice. :) I don't "know" Renee, but recognize the screen name. Caroline I "know" a bit better.
And then I got to meet another DISer when @WishesQueen recognized me in line behind her and her DH for MMRR :goodvibes
Aw. Bet you were tickled to be recognized. :)

And then I got to meet another DISer when @WishesQueen recognized me in line behind her and her DH for MMRR :goodvibes We had about a 30 or so minute wait and we chatted about NY where we all live, our kids, and of course Disney and also rode in the same railway car before saying good-bye.
We love having conversations with people (strangers) we meet at WDW. It is one of the reasons we love our trips. :)

Do you know that they had like NONE in any country this trip? Well they had the Canada one and then the German Minnie but that's it. I asked a couple times and it's all a supply issue, they haven't gotten any shipments in awhile and don't know when they will :(
Oh, that is a bummer :( Hopefully they can get fully stocked by the anniversary trip!!!

Glad you were able to hang with some of your DIS friends and make a new one :) So fun!

Hi all! We're back from our trip as of last night after a delay on our flight home and just an overall bad-transportation- but-happy-to-be-there trip! I won't be doing a whole TR but I will share a few high points and pictures as well as finish up the end of our Thanksgiving 2020 trip!

Some of this trips' highlights were being able to see Renee @ArielSRL as well as hanging out and talking for a good amount of time with Caroline @disneyAndi14! And then I got to meet another DISer when @WishesQueen recognized me in line behind her and her DH for MMRR :goodvibes We had about a 30 or so minute wait and we chatted about NY where we all live, our kids, and of course Disney and also rode in the same railway car before saying good-bye. So nice to meet you Annette!

We did eat some really good food and enjoyed some pool time too

View attachment 581249

I'll be back soon with another update!

Hi Ariane....unfortunately we're home as well, only to find out Disney announced no masks starting June 15th. Guess we'll have to go back...lol

You and Steve were so sweet and friendly, I thought it would be strange to meet someone from the boards in person but it totally wasn't (at least not with you guys). Thanks for all the info and great chat, the wait went by so quickly..lol.

I'll send you my brother-in-laws info as well as promised. Good luck to your son.

Wow where did you get that?? I have the Jock Lindsay's shirt I bought there but haven't seen a Nomad one! For you wearing a Disney shirt at all is like WHOA!
Get ready for some big time WHOA cause I've def gone overboard. I got the Nomad's shirt here. So not official merch but the first design I've seen. Jason and I both got one and the shirts are good quality. They've got Dawa bar too!!!
https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop/user/designateddisneydad/

Welcome back! Sorry your transportation was less than magical. When we were there in April, I was REALLY missing the car that Mike and I had in October. Waiting on those busses required more patience than I have, and we were staying at The YC so only needed busses to 2 parks and DS :sad2:

Welcome back!
:thanks:
Very nice. :) I don't "know" Renee, but recognize the screen name. Caroline I "know" a bit better.
Yeah she's not on the boards much anymore between her 2 jobs but we still keep in touch!
Aw. Bet you were tickled to be recognized. :)
I'm used to being a celebrity now :snooty: Kidding kidding kidding! It's neat and while it was weird the first couple times I am honestly used to it now and just always hope I don't have lipstick on my teeth when recognized. Which you know, I didn't have to worry about with masks but now......dammit they WERE good for something!!!
Can't wait to read all about it!
Going to do a little recap soon! Spoiler: it was HOT lol!
We love having conversations with people (strangers) we meet at WDW. It is one of the reasons we love our trips. :)
So do I! And I do enjoy meeting folks after getting to "know" them here :)
Glad you were able to hang with some of your DIS friends and make a new one :) So fun!
Me too since I missed so many in April!

Hi Ariane....unfortunately we're home as well, only to find out Disney announced no masks starting June 15th. Guess we'll have to go back...lol
Right? I knew it would happen! Now I'm looking forward to our 50th anniversary trip even more and wish we were going back before that! Your next trip is March if I remember? Yeah you need to book something before that lol.
You and Steve were so sweet and friendly, I thought it would be strange to meet someone from the boards in person but it totally wasn't (at least not with you guys). Thanks for all the info and great chat, the wait went by so quickly..lol.
We really were enjoying talking with you guys! Believe me, the first time I met someone I knew from the DIS it WAS weird and even as it got more frequent it was weird in the beginning; but now it truly feels like meeting up with a friend!
Get ready for some big time WHOA cause I've def gone overboard. I got the Nomad's shirt here. So not official merch but the first design I've seen. Jason and I both got one and the shirts are good quality. They've got Dawa bar too!!!
Well I'm getting that one! Very proud of you lady 👜👕
Welcome back! Sorry your transportation was less than magical. When we were there in April, I was REALLY missing the car that Mike and I had in October. Waiting on those busses required more patience than I have, and we were staying at The YC so only needed busses to 2 parks and DS :sad2:
I don't usually complain about the transportation and we do often take Lyfts/Uber, but all around it was just a 👎 with 2 Lyft drivers getting lost or taking forever to get there! Definitely need a resort where we can either walk or boat to at least one park but yeah, that doesn't always work either!

Yeah she's not on the boards much anymore between her 2 jobs but we still keep in touch!
2 jobs? Yeah, that'd do it alright.
I'm used to being a celebrity now :snooty: Kidding kidding kidding! It's neat and while it was weird the first couple times I am honestly used to it now and just always hope I don't have lipstick on my teeth when recognized.
:laughing:
I'll be sure to point it out if we meet. Whether you have some on your teeth or not.
Which you know, I didn't have to worry about with masks but now......dammit they WERE good for something!!!
::yes::
I didn't have to shave before going out. Who'd know??

I don't usually complain about the transportation and we do often take Lyfts/Uber, but all around it was just a 👎 with 2 Lyft drivers getting lost or taking forever to get there!

Yikes! That sucks :sad2:

It's crazy how these issues are lingering and have no sign of getting better anytime soon.

Definitely need a resort where we can either walk or boat to at least one park but yeah, that doesn't always work either!

It was nice on the days we were going to EP and DHS NOT to have to think about
getting out to the bus ::yes::

How fun to meet the girls, and make a new friend too. Love meeting with DISsers- they're the best!!

:laughing:
I'll be sure to point it out if we meet. Whether you have some on your teeth or not.
I have no doubt I can count on you for this!
I didn't have to shave before going out. Who'd know??
Myself and lots of other women I knew were only putting makeup on the top half of our faces :rolleyes1 Saved time and money lol
It's crazy how these issues are lingering and have no sign of getting better anytime soon.
In some cases I think they just need to bring back CM's and in other situations I think it's lack of being able to FIND people to work!
How fun to meet the girls, and make a new friend too. Love meeting with DISsers- they're the best!!
After missing you all in April I was happy we could do these meets!

I have no doubt I can count on you for this!
Looking forward to it. ::yes::
Myself and lots of other women I knew were only putting makeup on the top half of our faces :rolleyes1 Saved time and money lol
I can see it now.
"Okay, we're outside and socially distanced, so you can all take your masks off now."

Chorus of women: "No thanks!"

So I'll do a little recap of our June trip we just returned from! We were there 4 nights the 5-9th and we stayed at CSR in a preferred room. We haven't stayed in the CSR part for awhile, just the tower, and I do not think we'll be staying here again soon lol.

I really don't complain about our Disney trips as far as lines, crowds, and transportation, but transportation this trip was a HUGE :headache: and part of that was due to our resort. This was our 7th trip post-COVID and while we had a good time and I'm always happy to be there, we definitely felt the influx of increased travelers and the need to bring back more CM's for the first time in those 7 trips!

We went to all parks and hopped a couple days as well, and like I said we got to meet up with friends old and new. We also ate at a couple new places starting with STK on arrival night. Since you all know how much we love our Disney food, let's start there!

DJ inside STK:

My filet outside at STK:

Verdict: I'll take Narcoossee's, Citricos, Flying Fish, Jiko, California Grill over STK any day. It wasn't BAD but for the reputation and price it was not worth it. Food cost is something else we don't concern ourselves with in Disney and just eat what we want and where we want; we'll pay for good food! I like the Victoria Filet at Outback better. Sides weren't stand-out either; Steve liked his veggies but my mashed potatoes weren't smooth and creamy and I basically ate the parmesan crusted top off of the dish :P

We also tried a new QS and now I can so proudly say I've eaten at every WDW resort qs location. Yay......but this was a good thing last Tuesday. We left Hollywood Studios via Skyliner to try Primo Piatto at the Riviera. I would have liked to try Bar Riva over there since @Jenny Sanders always says how good it is but it was just so ungodly hot there was no way we were eating outside.
It was worth the trip! Other than having to mobile order rather than walking in to a just about empty dining area at 2pm (mobile ordering was another nope this trip that hasn't really bothered us to this point) Anyway we got 2 sandwiches to share:

Croque Monsieur
Classic French Ham and Swiss served with choice of Side
Spicy Italian Sandwich
Sliced Capicola, Salami, Ham, Provolone, and Vegetable Giardiniera with a Garlic-Mayonnaise served with a choice of Side

The first is the croque monsieur with the garlic herbed fries and the 2nd picture is half of each sandwich, sorry I didn't get great pictures this time! Let me say those fries were amazing and we both loved the spicy Italian sandwich! The croque monsieur was good as well; the ham was fresh and delicious but we both preferred the Italian. These were definitely some of, if not THE best, qs sandwiches we've had down there and although it was just 2 meal I put this up with Artist Palette (my favorite resort qs). It's a quick trip from HS and I think a great alternative especially if you want to see the resort!

We ate at Biergarten for the first time in years and that was really really good as well, especially not being seated with others. I think my favorite meal though was our lunch before we left at House of Blues.

Not our first time here but we ate some different things and were pretty blown away! First, and usually most important, nachos:

These 3 cheese, beef brisket, quac and roasted corn nachos were all mine and I surprised Steve by putting quite a dent in them! The brisket was tender and flavorful. Also flavorful was the jalepeno cornbread I got:

I don't know what true southern cornbread should be but I know I need a little sweetness in mine, this had it and the butter they served with it was sweetened as well! So whenever I needed a nacho rest I just ate some bread 8-)

Steve got the shrimp and grits and lo and behold, those grits were fried!

The hash brown patty looking thing underneath are the grits! He was drooling over this in between bites and now I want to go back here when we return in Sept.

As far as mobile ordering and not liking it; we don't do all that much qs but for most of our post- COVID trips, we found in many instances we did NOT have to mobile order despite what reports were. A few here and there but since it's infrequent for us, it was fine. This trip every place we had to mobile order and then we'd wait 15-20 minutes past the window time for our food. The pick up lines were ridiculous too! I swear lines would have been shorter if they did it normally and I'm talking about outside venues like Friar's Nook so there wouldn't be inside crowding. I like so many post-COVID aspects of Disney but they gotta stop the mobile ordering!!

This was relaxing though:

Mojitos by the CSR pool. Speaking of pools there was no capacity sign up, chairs weren't as distanced as they had been previously and the 2 times we went it was wide open so I don't believe they are limiting pool capacity anymore. It was bloomin' hot but the pool wasn't insanely crowded either time. And the line at La Cava wasn't long either! Cheers to drinking in Epcot!

I'll do one more non food recap-enjoy your Monday!

I can see it now.
"Okay, we're outside and socially distanced, so you can all take your masks off now."

Chorus of women: "No thanks!"
LOL my friend did this! The first day we went to Kohl's once vaccinated people didn't need to wear a mask she kept hers on because she hadn't put makeup on the bottom of her face :rotfl: It was/is a real thing!
Let me know how best to meet up Sept 28-Oct 2. Can't remember your dates, but sure hoping for some Geyser Point time.
I will! We'll figure it out and post in our "group" :goodvibes I'm trying to work out dining and still playing around with park days a bit but once we do dining we'll have a better idea of good nights/afternoons. With the crowds I do expect to be spending quite a bit of time relaxing at GP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter