That was a close one!

Tamar

DIS Veteran
We do NOT need any more points, but today I clicked on the link to see what was for sale, and saw an awesome deal. I almost picked up the phone and called to snap it up, but it wasn't the same UY as all our other points, so I decided not to bite today.

5 hours later, it is listed as "sale pending". DH suggests it probably won't pass ROFR. I kind of figured it wouldn't last, and in a way I'm glad, but it was fun to consider it....

Tamar said:
We do NOT need any more points, but today I clicked on the link to see what was for sale, and saw an awesome deal. I almost picked up the phone and called to snap it up, but it wasn't the same UY as all our other points, so I decided not to bite today.

5 hours later, it is listed as "sale pending". DH suggests it probably won't pass ROFR. I kind of figured it wouldn't last, and in a way I'm glad, but it was fun to consider it....

Would love to know what the contract was for...

Was it the $25 SSR? Figure it had to be misprint

TTS didn't put anything new up for listing yesterday (so nothing of theirs was snapped up in 5 hours since 2/13)....
Fidelity doesn't show "sale pending"...
Mom/son company I haven't been watching and can't tell if there was a deal.
There was a new release by the other company yesterday, and there was a deal on there- Animal Kingdom, Dec UY, 180 points at $67 pp, but it doesn't show pending....
Hmm, so much for detective work!

Tamar said:
It was TTS. AKV June UY with all 2011 and all 2012 points. $65/point.

Thanks for the info. Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It was TTS. AKV June UY with all 2011 and all 2012 points. $65/point.

Wow! They didn't Tweet that one... even better than the $67 pp and loaded to the gills!

this leads me to a question as a newbie here. Would 2011 points not only be good up until the UY, exactly one year later (ie 2011 points with UY Feb would allow for banking points with use up to Feb 2012?)
I am still looking at my first purchase and the idea of points avail from 2011, or early 2012 still confuses me! (can I use these points? esp in relation to 2011 points?)Thanks for any insight.
Cheers
Martin

this leads me to a question as a newbie here. Would 2011 points not only be good up until the UY, exactly one year later (ie 2011 points with UY Feb would allow for banking points with use up to Feb 2012?)
I am still looking at my first purchase and the idea of points avail from 2011, or early 2012 still confuses me! (can I use these points? esp in relation to 2011 points?)Thanks for any insight.
Cheers
Martin

For example with a December UY, December 2011 points expire Nov 30, 2012. BUT . . . if the 2011 points were banked into the 2012 UY, now there are 2011+2012 points combined and available for use until Nov 30, 2013.

Here are the details of the contract OP was referencing to: "160 banked points currently available that need to be used by 6/1/13 (i.e. 2011 points banked into the 2012 UY), 320 points coming on 6/1/13 (160 + 160 banked points from 2012, banked points need to be used by 6/1/14) and 160 points coming on 6/1/14." I added the words in red.

Good luck finding what you are looking for! We love our DVC!!

That is the type of contract I am purchasing. Some points now with all current year banked into next year. We are going to plan three vacations in this first year to maximize our AP and TIW purchase.

Thanks everyone for the replies- So to confirm then- as long as the points are banked you can extend them by 2 years?
IE Dec 2011 points banked in 2012 are good till Nov 30, 2013- well thats good news!

Cheers
Martin

Good thing I wasn't online today! There was a very similar contract, except it was 100 pts (even better) and WAS in our UY (Dec). Sale already pending! THAT one I would've called on if I'd seen it.

Thanks everyone for the replies- So to confirm then- as long as the points are banked you can extend them by 2 years?
IE Dec 2011 points banked in 2012 are good till Nov 30, 2013- well thats good news!

dec 2011 pts are valid for stays from dec 1, 2011 to nov 30, 2012. banking extends that by one year (and one year only).

So I guess it was this one then

160 banked points currently available that need to be used by 6/1/13, 320 points coming on 6/1/13 (160 + 160 banked points from 2012, banked points need to be used by 6/1/14) and 160 points coming on 6/1/14. Priced at $65 per point.

Seems like there was quite a few AKL resales that were posted and sold in the last week, all around the mid 60s. Is $65 a good deal because it was loaded? I saw some in the ROFR thread that sold in the low 60s but were semi stripped of current points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!