That many categories sold out 17 months ahead of sail date!

Fab5Family

Mouseketeer
We are booked on the Dream for June 12, 2011. We have another family that may end up joining us, so I went online to see if there were any rooms close to ours that would be available. It appears that everything from category 8B down to 11C is gone, and Category 8A is only available as GTY.

I looked at the other 5-night cruises in June and July and there seemed to be plenty of availability for inside or OV cabins on other sail dates.

Could it really be that 17 months before sailing there are nothing but verandah staterooms left for this sailing? :confused3Or, could there be some other reason that none of these categories show as available?

They wanted a verandah room anyway, so it's not a deal breaker for them ... it just surprised me to see all of the lower catergories gone.

We are booked on the Dream for June 12, 2011. We have another family that may end up joining us, so I went online to see if there were any rooms close to ours that would be available. It appears that everything from category 8B down to 11C is gone, and Category 8A is only available as GTY.

I looked at the other 5-night cruises in June and July and there seemed to be plenty of availability for inside or OV cabins on other sail dates.

Could it really be that 17 months before sailing there are nothing but verandah staterooms left for this sailing? :confused3Or, could there be some other reason that none of these categories show as available?

They wanted a verandah room anyway, so it's not a deal breaker for them ... it just surprised me to see all of the lower catergories gone.

Yes, firstly its a popular time, also Dreams first year in service, it will book up, and on short cruises inside rooms always go first, on longer cruises 7+ the outside verandahs go first.

Under normal circumstances I've never booked a cruise less than a year in advance. So to see the least expensive cabins, on a brand new ship, on a popular line like Disney which will then have only 3 ships in service, really doesn't surprise me.
Some folks here were ready to book back on February 22, 2007 when the ships were announced, a full 4 years before first sailing. I bet IF Disney had offered to take bookings that day, those least expensive cabins would have sold out way back in 2007.

Under normal circumstances I've never booked a cruise less than a year in advance. So to see the least expensive cabins, on a brand new ship, on a popular line like Disney which will then have only 3 ships in service, really doesn't surprise me.
Some folks here were ready to book back on February 22, 2007 when the ships were announced, a full 4 years before first sailing. I bet IF Disney had offered to take bookings that day, those least expensive cabins would have sold out way back in 2007.

Ditto!!!

MJ

I think that cruise is popular for many reasons...some already stated above.

It is on the Dream right after most schools are out and I think someone said that last cruise before prices increase. It is before Hurricane season really gets underway also. And to top it all off it is a double dip!! If you want to do the parks it is also before it gets really hot. I am sure that if I sat here long enought that I could come up with more...

Oh yeah, I had thought of most of these when booking this particular cruise!!

Thank goodness we could book ahead. I had to book around one grandson's football schedule and our son is a Minister and he's busy in early July. I booked three cabins on the Aug 2nd DD and a week later decided we would do a B2B instead od WDW. Didn't think we'd be able to but to my surprise they got us the same cabins on the July 29th cruise and it had to be the week before our Aug 2nd cruise because the week after would have run into football camp. Nine days works perfect as a B2B 7 night cruise is a problem for the kids.

On our Panama canal cruise I had to fly my son home from Aruba as he couldn't miss three Sundays, Who would have thought you'd have three Sundays on a 14 day cruise.

It seem like you never get away from scheduling issues with kids then grandkids. Now that my sons kids are older our daughter has a 3 yo and a new born, which we are babysitting for this year so no cruising 2010 We may be able to sneak one in November before we winter in Florida.

So I guess I'm not as crazy as some of my friends think (although that could be a separate issue entirely).

We only had one previous DCL cruise, but I booked on the first day possible for us silvers. We are taking my parents with us this time and I wanted to be sure we got connecting rooms in a good location, and I was afraid if I waited that might not be very easy.

I keep telling hubby that sometimes I DO know what I am talking about.

I just wanted to post and say we are booked on the same cruise! We have never been on DCL before and I am soooooo excited. We have sailed Carnival several times and have heard that once you try DCL, you never go back!:love: We booked one of the "guaranteed" inside rooms- hoping for an upgrade, but if we don't get one, it is fine. It will be myself, my husband, our daughter (who likes to remind us that she will be 21 when we sail!) and our son, who will be turning 11 right after we return to port. Can't wait!:yay:

I am booked for this cruise also. At the time of booking, I had a hard time deciding which cat to book. The problem is that I am intrigued by the artificial porthole. Hard to believe. I will still like to see it when we get on the ship.
Bill

I am booked for this cruise also. At the time of booking, I had a hard time deciding which cat to book. The problem is that I am intrigued by the artificial porthole. Hard to believe. I will still like to see it when we get on the ship.
Bill

I agree about deciding which cat. to book. The artifical porthole was more interesting to my kids than the real porthole or verandah. Plus we wanted the same cabin assignment for our B2B cruises. Can't wait.

Question in fear of the above happening:

WE are going on a cruise in March 2010. We also want to go in June 2011. However, I am afraid that by the time we get to the cruise to book and get the 10% off and the stateroom credit - there won't be the catagories of room available that we want for our three families.

Can I book now, and then when I get on the ship in March, cancel that booking and book those rooms immediately? will I get the discounts?

Since I have never done that, I am not going to guarantee it. But, I believe that what you are doing is the correct thing. Don't wait to find out that there are no rooms available. Then when you are on the ship , go to the booking desk and see what they can do.
Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!