Thanksgiving Visitors Past and Present - Any Pins Accepted?

Shea&Van

&Waves
Hi everyone,

We will be doing Thanksgiving Disney-style this year and will be doing a split stay between the on-site resorts and a house in EI.

We have reservations at AOA. I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to (in the past) get a discount of some sort over the holiday stay? Now - please save your flames - I know it is a holiday and I'm fully aware that rates are for peak times, but I'm just curious.

I thought I remember reading somewhere that if you book so many days before, your discount would last through your visit? I don't think this would apply to me, because we aren't staying on-site except for a few nights (two for now, maybe a few more, but we shall see).

Have you ever gotten a deal/promo code/PIN for a holiday? The last time we stayed on site (2011) I thought our cost was $60ish (for value ASSports. But, we had a pin and it was "off" season. Our rate for the AOA LM room is $155ish. YIKES!

Okay, just wondering...

Happy planning!

Hi everyone,

We will be doing Thanksgiving Disney-style this year and will be doing a split stay between the on-site resorts and a house in EI.

We have reservations at AOA. I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to (in the past) get a discount of some sort over the holiday stay? Now - please save your flames - I know it is a holiday and I'm fully aware that rates are for peak times, but I'm just curious.

I thought I remember reading somewhere that if you book so many days before, your discount would last through your visit? I don't think this would apply to me, because we aren't staying on-site except for a few nights (two for now, maybe a few more, but we shall see).

Have you ever gotten a deal/promo code/PIN for a holiday? The last time we stayed on site (2011) I thought our cost was $60ish (for value ASSports. But, we had a pin and it was "off" season. Our rate for the AOA LM room is $155ish. YIKES!

Okay, just wondering...

Happy planning!

I often go over Thanksgiving. The bounceback offers, pin codes and most specials will have block out dates for that week. Sometimes you can get discounts from Black Friday on. So I usually go day of or one day before Thanksgiving and stay until Monday after to get most discount and holiday there at MK!

Our one and only Thanksgiving trip was in 2009. My immediate family stayed at Coronado Springs for 3 nights (arriving the Friday before Thanksgiving) and we got free dining. Then we moved over to AKL Kidani to meet up with extended family using DVC points for the next 4 nights. We left the Friday after Thanksgiving but the extended family left on Saturday. I don't know that we would have been able to get free dining for more days had we extended our stay at Coronado Springs. I'm thinking that if some of the days of your visit are during black out dates and they don't let you extend a special deal, if you check in before that date, you can break up your ressie in two parts, paying rack rate for the nights in the black out period and if you check in or out before or after the black out period the discount may apply to those nights.

Last year the last day for Free dining was the Thursday (11/15/12) before Thanksgiving. If you checked in by that date, you could receive FD for the duration of your trip up to 14 days. The FD started up again on the Friday after Thanksgiving (11/23/12). If you checked in on this date (or the span after) you could receive free dining for your trip. We actually checked into POP on 11/21. We moved to POR on 11/23 to get the free dining package. If there is FD this year, I assume it will work similarly.

I was wondering the same thing! It would be nice to have free dining or some kind of discout. Thanks for posting.
I am also hoping that the Christmas Party dates will be offered some time during thanksgiving week. Anyone know what dates are typically offered over the thanksgiving week?

We went two Thanksgivings ago. We originally wanted to go at Christmas but noticed that more of Christmas was blacked out for discounts than Thanksgiving. However, I understand that discounts have been greatly curtailed do to the opening of the Fantasyland Expansion.

We ended up staying at the Swan on points. If you join the Starwood American Express program, you can get some really good deals. Our last two Disney trips have been on Starwood points for a total of 12 nights. Nice not to have to pay for lodging.

Sadly, LM are not included in any discounts. They have been so booked up that they don't need to try to fill the rooms. Suites at AOA are though. Would you be willing to switch resorts for a discount?

Thanks for the feedback!!

I would definitely consider moving resorts for a discount. I don't plant to move to one of the suites though because the price is much higher than a standard value room.

But, I'd be up for moving to an alternate Value Resort to save some money. For a few bucks extra, I'll stay at the AOA LM section. However, if the deal was pretty good -- I'd move!

We stayed a night at the ASSports and it was perfectly fine for a short stay. We don't have our flights yet, so there is a chance we could end up coming in late in the evening, so we'd just need our rooms for sleeping and showering.

Looking SO forward to Turkey Day with the Mouse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter